PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Business Obama Strikes Again

Mr. Mensch
04-25-2014, 02:58 PM
When President Obama holds back approval of the Keystone pipeline, for the umpteenth time, it's bad enough that he's politically pandering to Tom Steyer, the hedge-fund billionaire and manic radical opponent of fossil fuels. If he gives in to Steyer by blocking the pipeline, Steyer gives $100 million to Democratic candidates this fall.

Obama's transparent political cynicism is incredible. But it's more than that. It shows his disregard for jobs and economic growth for blue-collar union workers who used to be Democrats. It shows his utter disregard for our loyal Canadian ally up north. And it sends the wrong signal to Vladimir Putin, who probably believes the U.S. will not undermine Russia with energy independence and oil and gas exports while Obama is in office.

http://finance.townhall.com/columnists/larrykudlow/2014/04/25/antibusiness-obama-strikes-again-n1829529/page/full

Obama likes to claim that he wants to help the economy in this country and yet his actions prove just the opposite. Everything thing he does seems to do just the opposite. Whether or not this is by accident or design, he needs to stop getting in the way of business and give the economy a chance to recover.

And what is the deal with the guy donating $100 million to Democrats to have the pipeline blocked? And people bitch about the Koch brothers. Oh wait, I am forgetting the left wing double standard that operates in this administration.

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/81_14761220140424094630.jpg

The Sage of Main Street
04-25-2014, 03:09 PM
This is really going to hurt him in the mid-terms. The jobs and low prices produced by the pipeline would ensure a Democratic landslide. So why is Obama killing his own party? The only answer that fits is that our Big Oil Occupied Government doesn't want to increase supply because it would drive down their obscene profit margins. That's why they order our military to protect jihadist OPEC, too.

zelmo1234
04-25-2014, 03:36 PM
^^^^^^OR it could be that the oil is already getting to where it needs to go? It is just going by train! And the rail line that benefits the most???

Just happens to be owned by multi billionaire Warren Buffet?

Montoya
04-25-2014, 05:06 PM
Get over the Keystone pipeline is not happening. Good riddance.

darroll
04-25-2014, 05:18 PM
We almost made a job for someone.

Green Arrow
04-25-2014, 06:29 PM
Have no fear, Keystone will be approved. Democrats are just waiting until after November to piss off the environmentalists in the base.

It's still a bad idea, though.

Peter1469
04-25-2014, 07:19 PM
Have no fear, Keystone will be approved. Democrats are just waiting until after November to piss off the environmentalists in the base.

It's still a bad idea, though.

I think that it is a good idea for a short term solution. We should be thinking long term for alternatives. I linked to a book enough with never a response, so I won't bother with it.

Green Arrow
04-25-2014, 07:34 PM
I think that it is a good idea for a short term solution. We should be thinking long term for alternatives. I linked to a book enough with never a response, so I won't bother with it.

My problem with Keystone (that I have not heard of being solved) is that somewhere around 80% of the oil goes to China. We'd basically be paying for Canada to sell oil to countries that aren't exactly friends of ours, and our benefit is a few short-term jobs.

The Sage of Main Street
04-26-2014, 08:58 AM
Get over the Keystone pipeline is not happening. Good riddance.

Good riddance to a Democratic landslide in the mid-terms then.