PDA

View Full Version : Surprising person who shows plan to defeat poverty

Bob
04-25-2014, 03:06 PM
He gets hammered by the left. Yet watch this wise man explain the right way to work up out of poverty.Republicans will love it. Democrats only like programs keeping the negro down. Why is that you ask?Watch this cspan video to find out. http://www.c-span.org/video/?319039-4/washington-journal-urban-poverty

Common Sense
04-25-2014, 03:12 PM
You know, if it was proposed that Democrat actions unintentionally keep blacks down, then I might listen.

...but this "dems like to keep the black man down" bullshit is just that, bullshit. There are racists in both camps, but there is no concerted effort by Dems to do any such thing. People who float the idea are very hard to take seriously.

Matty
04-25-2014, 03:20 PM
You know, if it was proposed that Democrat actions unintentionally keep blacks down, then I might listen.

...but this "dems like to keep the black man down" bullshit is just that, bullshit. There are racists in both camps, but there is no concerted effort by Dems to do any such thing. People who float the idea are very hard to take seriously.

Sure there are. Take school vouchers. African Americans tell us they want a quality education and when it's offered to them in the form of school vouchers, the democrats reject it in favor of keeping the teachers unions happy. First thing Obama did was to get rid of school vouchers in DC while is wife was registering their children in the most upscale prestigious school.

zelmo1234
04-25-2014, 03:29 PM

I would actually agree with you! I do not think that the Democrats intentionally keep poor people poor!

But I would say that they have to start judging their programs by the results and not the intended compassion of the program

zelmo1234
04-25-2014, 03:32 PM
This mans Ideas and what they are doing will change the world! It is not something that Democrats are likely to get behind but who cares.

As long as they do not stand in the way, this will change the neighborhoods and in the end start to change the attitudes that have brought such dire poverty to the areas

nathanbforrest45
04-25-2014, 03:47 PM

One of two things is happening. First Democrats are stupid people who regardless of the failures of their actions continue to promote those actions completely ignoring the ramifications of those failures or secondly, they are very cunning people who set people up to fail in order to maintain power over them.

Take your pick. You can't possibly look at almost 50 years of the "War on Poverty" without seeing the very people who the 60's liberals were going to help are not worse off now then they were then. Yes, many minority members have risen out of poverty, but none of it was because of welfare.

Bob
04-25-2014, 05:23 PM

As they say, Denial is a river in Egypt. The video comes from talking to a negro man. And the man shows exceptional wisdom. His ideas work. Rather than just talk, he is actually a helper to negros. By helping them, he does more than Democrats.

Democrats despise the negro that takes responsibility.

Bob
04-25-2014, 05:32 PM
One of two things is happening. First Democrats are stupid people who regardless of the failures of their actions continue to promote those actions completely ignoring the ramifications of those failures or secondly, they are very cunning people who set people up to fail in order to maintain power over them.

Take your pick. You can't possibly look at almost 50 years of the "War on Poverty" without seeing the very people who the 60's liberals were going to help are not worse off now then they were then. Yes, many minority members have risen out of poverty, but none of it was because of welfare.

Democrats live in denial. But should they actually measure the progress of negros since Johnson, they clearly can see they are worse off.

Detroit during Johnson was a thriving city. Today, shot to hell.
Oakland, CA was then decent to live at. Shot to hell.
Richmond and Vallejo CA ... decent towns. Shot to hell.

This is like them saying they are the best at jobs but get ripped off. Hell, most can't pass a decent job placement test. They don't want any work. Drug sales works better.

What happened to prisons since LBJ? Filled with negros.

Case closed.

Bob
04-25-2014, 05:43 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Common Sense http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=589992#post589992)

I would actually agree with you! I do not think that the Democrats intentionally keep poor people poor!

But I would say that they have to start judging their programs by the results and not the intended compassion of the program

I can't tell who watched all of the video. I saw it on TV and saw all of it.

The speaker makes a lot of sense. Some might call it common sense.

Bob
04-25-2014, 05:50 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Common Sense http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=589992#post589992)

Sure there are. Take school vouchers. African Americans tell us they want a quality education and when it's offered to them in the form of school vouchers, the democrats reject it in favor of keeping the teachers unions happy. First thing Obama did was to get rid of school vouchers in DC while is wife was registering their children in the most upscale prestigious school.

Democrats listen to Obama. They lose interest so do not follow what he actually does.

Most of them don't even understand that Obama is to a large degree following the path of GW. Bush.

Actually, not in all respects. Obama does piss off many more world leaders than Bush did.

1751_Texan
04-25-2014, 05:51 PM

I agree. When I drive by the ghetto, I see the very same people there, that were there in 1968. The very same ones.

Anyone that thinks of the "poor" as a never changing monolith...I have some land in Nevada to lease ya.

Bob
04-25-2014, 06:06 PM
I agree. When I drive by the ghetto, I see the very same people there, that were there in 1968. The very same ones.

Anyone that thinks of the "poor" as a never changing monolith...I have some land in Nevada to lease ya.

Let's use a city of at least 400,740 population.
28 percent are negros.

One might suspect crime is low.

That is not correct.

Whites have 34.5 percent. One might think that crime favors blacks over whites since whites outnumber them. However, that is not the case.

As to education levels, the whites far outperform negroes.

My post is an attempt to help negroes, not make them look bad.

I can't control how they act. So long as Democrats approve what takes place, they will keep doing more of it.

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/06/0653000.html

Refugee
04-25-2014, 06:30 PM

Liberals keep blacks and the poor in general down by their inability to realize that there’s anything wrong in the first place. They’ll hope no one will notice or the problems will eventually go away. Drugs, crime, welfare dependency? Throw more money at it. The recent Easter Chicago killings? Don’t worry, we’re bringing crime down and failing that, if anyone does notice, they’re a racist, bigot or RWNJ, or blame Regan, baggers or anybody else. Liberals don’t see reality too well, it’s about feeeelings and what should be.

"...but this "dems like to keep the black man down" bullshit is just that, bullshit. There are racists in both camps, but there is no concerted effort by Dems to do any such thing. People who float the idea are very hard to take seriously."

It's why it's left to continue as it is. :smiley: