PDA

View Full Version : White Pride Demonstration Ends Quickly After Anti-Racists Show-Up: In Edmnton.....

MMC
03-25-2012, 07:16 AM
A white pride rally lasted only minutes when the demonstrators fled into a subway stairwell after they were greeted by over 100 anti-racist counter-protesters.
The rally for Saturday afternoon was promoted on several racist websites, but those sites didn't say exactly where it would be.

Police kept the anti-racists from crossing the street and getting close to the rally, but both sides shouted insults at each other until the white pride group left.

Anti-racist demonstrators ran from entrance to entrance of the subway in an effort to follow the rally, and expressed their frustration at police who were blocking the doors.....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/white-pride-demonstration-edmonton-ends-quickly-anti-racists-211257148.html

:shocked:

Captain Obvious
03-25-2012, 07:47 AM
The "CCC"?

(Canadian Canux Clan)

So I wonder what would happen if the reverse happened on "black pride" day?

Is there a difference between "white pride" groups and "white supremacist" groups? From the literal sense, I'd say so.

I guess white people are condemned when they take pride in there heritage while non whites are highly encouraged to take pride in their own.

Wonder why racial tension is at a boiling point.

MMC
03-25-2012, 07:58 AM
I take it these CCC guys.....don't go for that Cuckoo For Cocoa Puffs Cereal. :laugh:

It's going on in the rest of the world all the time. As usual that what interests most comes from home. So I think we tend to view ours as the most predominent issue over that of others.

ramone
03-25-2012, 09:14 AM

They would be branded as terrorists and carted off to jail for hate crimes.

Mister D
03-25-2012, 09:27 AM
The "CCC"?

(Canadian Canux Clan)

Is there a difference between "white pride" groups and "white supremacist" groups? From the literal sense, I'd say so.

I guess white people are condemned when they take pride in there heritage while non whites are highly encouraged to take pride in their own.

Wonder why racial tension is at a boiling point.

Exactly. One is supposedly beyond the pale while the other is appropriate and even commendable. Cognitive dissonance anyone?

ramone
03-25-2012, 09:30 AM
This is what would have happened.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/os-trayvon-martin-new-black-panthers-protest-20120324,0,1231157.story

Conley
03-25-2012, 10:34 AM
Canadian Club...never much cared for it. :laugh:

ramone
03-25-2012, 10:35 AM
Canadian Club...never much cared for it. :laugh:

Yeah, kinda tastes like crap, doesn't it?

Conley
03-25-2012, 11:23 AM
I think so but it's been years since I tried it.

I watched Affliction last night - that flick with Coburn and Nolte as a couple of drunks, did you ever see it? They're drinking something from a bottle that looks a lot like CC, but they call it Brown's Canadian, I guess because of legal issues. Anyhow, sorry I took this thread so off topic - I can bring any of them around to booze. :laugh:

ramone
03-25-2012, 11:58 AM
I didn't put this thread up but, Hey, any thread I put up is open to anything and can go in any direction a person might choose. It's what makes the internet a wonderful thing. :) I'd think that a person with even average cognitive skills would see it the same way.

MMC
03-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Well truthfully I was playing with it as I put Edmonton at the end. Thought the D man would enjoy. :wink:

Conley
03-25-2012, 12:16 PM
I figured you wouldn't mind. :wink:

roadmaster
03-25-2012, 01:38 PM
Being born and raised in the south, they can kiss my ass. I know I look brown but have white heritage and am proud of my parents and grandparents. Nothing wrong with having pride in ones heritage of any race. If the liberals are ashamed of the shade of their skin then let them hold their head down in shame, but I won't. The sons and daughters of the confederate of the south are not a racist group, not like the KKK ect. We also have many shades that are members and I don't need something to cover my head.

To me racist is thinking you are better than another race not being proud of who you are.

I don't know this group marching or why they felt the need to cover themselves, maybe afraid but our confederate groups don't hide.

Conley
03-25-2012, 01:56 PM
I don't really understand white or black pride to be honest. I do get being proud of your roots if they're Irish, or German, or Ethiopian or whatever but race to me is just so broad. It's too big of a group for me to feel an allegiance to, just like I don't feel North American pride. Anything bigger than a country and it's lost on me.

MMC
03-25-2012, 02:06 PM
Being born and raised in the south, they can kiss my ass. I know I look brown but have white heritage and am proud of my parents and grandparents. Nothing wrong with having pride in ones heritage of any race. If the liberals are ashamed of the shade of their skin then let them hold their head down in shame, but I won't. The sons and daughters of the confederate of the south are not a racist group, not like the KKK ect. We also have many shades that are members and I don't need something to cover my head.

To me racist is thinking you are better than another race not being proud of who you are.

I don't know this group marching or why they felt the need to cover themselves, maybe afraid but our confederate groups don't hide.

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: .....although I do recall the RM explaining how she looked like this one superstar. So I must say.....

WHY CAN"T I BE FIRST! :tongue: :laugh: :evil:

roadmaster
03-25-2012, 02:07 PM
I don't really understand white or black pride to be honest. I do get being proud of your roots if they're Irish, or German, or Ethiopian or whatever but race to me is just so broad. It's too big of a group for me to feel an allegiance to, just like I don't feel North American pride. Anything bigger than a country and it's lost on me.

Ours really have nothing to do with race. We are proud of our southern heritage whatever race you are and the parents that fought for our freedoms. My dad fought in the Korea war, and many uncles in others. My roots are Scottish, Irish and English which some look a little Native American. I get accused of being Native American all the time which I have no problem with. It's not the shade but the heritage and the way you raised. I am a proud southerner.

Conley
03-25-2012, 02:23 PM
Thanks. That makes a lot more sense to me than "white pride".

MMC
03-25-2012, 02:26 PM

It is the Same for me RM.....I am Sicillian and Irish. I am dark complected meaning brown and or tan. Althought technically we are described as the Olive Skinned people. Whatever the hell that means. Cuz Most of the Olives I have seen, rarely do I see a resemblence. (must be cuz of the red stuff on the inside :undecided:)

When I was younger(grade-school) I use to get into a lot of fights because people thought I was a Mexican or Puerto Rican. I even use to have a few chicks that called me Taco as a Street-nickname. It continued on as I entered the gang-module. People would think I was an Indian back in the late 70's when I had long hair. I would get jumped quite a few times by some white guys thinking I was a Latino. I hated the shit.

By the time I was 10 I learned to play it serious like. From then even after surviving getting my azz whooped or worse. Then when they jumped at me. I was fully prepared to show them the differences of what a Sicillian was as opposed to the Latins. Once my grandfather told me our people were descended down from the Sicani and what they were all about. I was all gung ho about making those who did not know the differences.

I have been on both sides of that spectrum when it comes to racial prejudice. Where it always led to violence either way.

I have no problem with those that stand for their heritage and their bloodline.

Conley
03-25-2012, 03:02 PM
I know what you guys mean. I get mistaken for a black jew all the time. :undecided:

Mister D
03-25-2012, 03:06 PM
Roadmaster, pay no attention to Coonlevy and that greasy Mexican. :rollseyes:

:grin:

MMC
03-25-2012, 03:36 PM
I know what you guys mean. I get mistaken for a black jew all the time. :undecided:

Hey.....I didn't say sometimes I didn't use an advantage. Had a couple of cops try and ask me some questions, as a kid. I was like. Que, no habla englise. Proforbor adonde El pro-fess-or. Worked to, they told me to beat it. Course one had to know when to pick and choose those times. :wink:

MMC
03-25-2012, 03:37 PM
Roadmaster, pay no attention to Coonlevy and that greasy Mexican. :rollseyes:

:grin:

Yeah Roadmaster.....nor our Kraut-Mic Friend. :laugh:

Don
03-25-2012, 05:11 PM
Yeah Roadmaster.....nor our Kraut-Mic Friend. :laugh:

Careful there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZtyvlzVm7Y

Mister D
03-25-2012, 05:20 PM
Now you listen to me, you smooth talking son-of-bitch. Coonlevy never gets that movie. I don't care how many dago WOP, guinea, grease ball goombahs come out of the woodwork!

Conley
03-25-2012, 05:26 PM
:angry: I'll have you know Sinatra made me and Pops honorary eye-talians!

roadmaster
03-25-2012, 05:31 PM
meine Schwester ist das vorangegangene Rot und einer meiner Neffeen ist sehr dunkles fast Schwarzes mit dunkelblauen Augen.:grin:

Some of my friends in a certain club are Germans.:kiss:

Don
03-25-2012, 05:33 PM
I don't feel ashamed that I'm Caucasian. It wasn't really up to me. At one time I might have agreed with white pride, (that's pride, not supremacy) but now I don't see the necessity of it. Its that grouping that the "progressives" want. It just adds to the separation into groups and sub groups that drives us further apart and turns us against one another. I wouldn't mind seeing a rally for "proud to be an American" made up of all Americans no matter their race or religion or sex. Its the individual that should matter and that individual should only be judged by their actions. Of course I wouldn't be for it if the rally was in Canada or Mexico or any other foreign country.

Conley
03-25-2012, 05:48 PM
I don't feel ashamed that I'm Caucasian. It wasn't really up to me. At one time I might have agreed with white pride, (that's pride, not supremacy) but now I don't see the necessity of it. Its that grouping that the "progressives" want. It just adds to the separation into groups and sub groups that drives us further apart and turns us against one another. I wouldn't mind seeing a rally for "proud to be an American" made up of all Americans no matter their race or religion or sex. Its the individual that should matter and that individual should only be judged by their actions. Of course I wouldn't be for it if the rally was in Canada or Mexico or any other foreign country.

No one should be ashamed of their race - you're right that it wasn't up to us. "Proud to be American" rallies, like on July 4th, are a great thing.

Conley
03-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Should be year round though!

MMC
03-25-2012, 06:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcdP0GF94bs&feature=related

:wink:

Mister D
03-25-2012, 06:18 PM
I assure you that progressives do not want a white grouping. Considering their reaction to any and all expressions of white identity (those that aren't exercises in self-loathing, at any rate) I'm not sure why anyone would think otherwise.

MMC
04-04-2012, 02:51 PM
meine Schwester ist das vorangegangene Rot und einer meiner Neffeen ist sehr dunkles fast Schwarzes mit dunkelblauen Augen.:grin:

Some of my friends in a certain club are Germans.:kiss:

Did you just say something bout some rabbit meat, red wine, and stuffing a wagon? :laugh: