PDA

View Full Version : Even These Southern States Don't Want Obamacare Repealed

Cigar
04-27-2014, 07:39 PM
Even These Southern States Don't Want Obamacare Repealed

Majorities of people surveyed in a trio of Southern states said they would rather keep Obamacare and improve than repeal and replace it, according to a New York Times/Kaiser Family Foundation poll released Wednesday.

Residents in Kentucky, Louisiana and North Carolina chose improving the law over repealing it and replacing it by significant margins: 52 percent to 41 percent in Kentucky, 52 percent to 44 percent in Louisiana, and a whopping 60 percent to 35 percent in North Carolina.

In a fourth state, Arkansas, a plurality said they wanted their congressional representative to work to improve the law (48 percent) instead of work to repeal the law and replace it with something else (46 percent).

The same poll found Democrats in a stronger-than-expected position in the Senate races in those four states, which will be key to determining control of the chamber next year. For context, President Obama lost three of them by at least 15 percentage points; North Carolina, where he lost by 2, was the exception.

- more -

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/nyt-kff-obamacare-repeal

Oops

Cigar
04-27-2014, 07:40 PM
:laugh:

Why NC (surprisingly) is a national leader in Affordable Care Act enrollment
http://pulse.ncpolicywatch.org/2014/01/29/why-nc-surprisingly-is-a-national-leader-in-affordable-care-act-enrollment/

zelmo1234
04-27-2014, 07:45 PM
I still wonder why we have had to postpone some much of the ACA, one would thing if things are going this good that they would have wanted to implement the entire law? But they really don't have the heart to do so!

Now it looks like the business mandate will be postponed forever? Things that make you go Hmmmmmm!

Cigar
04-27-2014, 07:46 PM
I still wonder why we have had to postpone some much of the ACA, one would thing if things are going this good that they would have wanted to implement the entire law? But they really don't have the heart to do so!

Now it looks like the business mandate will be postponed forever? Things that make you go Hmmmmmm!

Because when you're the Boss you can do whatever the Fuck you want ... Hummmmmmmmmmmmm

Kalkin
04-27-2014, 08:06 PM
Public Approval of Health Care LawPolling Data

Poll
Date
Sample
For/Favor
Against/Oppose
Spread

RCP Average
3/26 - 4/20
--
Against/Oppose +11.4

Mainecoons
04-27-2014, 08:09 PM
It's a lot easier for the ObamaThugs to pick on individuals than businesses. When their union buddies started complaining, they started revising.

lynn
04-27-2014, 08:19 PM
I would not be surprised if they cancel the employer mandate. The individual mandate leaves nobody to insure for employers except for part timers which they did not include in their mandate anyway.

Perianne
04-27-2014, 08:31 PM
Even These Southern States Don't Want Obamacare Repealed

Majorities of people surveyed in a trio of Southern states said they would rather keep Obamacare and improve than repeal and replace it, according to a New York Times/Kaiser Family Foundation poll released Wednesday.

Residents in Kentucky, Louisiana and North Carolina chose improving the law over repealing it and replacing it by significant margins: 52 percent to 41 percent in Kentucky, 52 percent to 44 percent in Louisiana, and a whopping 60 percent to 35 percent in North Carolina.

In a fourth state, Arkansas, a plurality said they wanted their congressional representative to work to improve the law (48 percent) instead of work to repeal the law and replace it with something else (46 percent).

The same poll found Democrats in a stronger-than-expected position in the Senate races in those four states, which will be key to determining control of the chamber next year. For context, President Obama lost three of them by at least 15 percentage points; North Carolina, where he lost by 2, was the exception.

- more -

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/nyt-kff-obamacare-repeal

Oops

There are a lot of trashy people in those states, so yeah, I believe this.

Green Arrow
04-27-2014, 08:42 PM
I would rather improve it than repeal or replace it, too, because at this stage I think repeal would be disastrous unless there was a grandfathering mechanism in place to keep those enrolled with coverage.

What Cigar clearly doesn't understand is that "improve" is just as negative as "repeal/replace." You don't improve something that is in good shape, you improve something that is broken. The fact that this law needed improvement before it was even implemented says a lot.

patrickt
04-28-2014, 08:44 AM
My god, the liberals are desperate. They've got Cigar working on Sunday. I thought I felt the earth stand still.

As for repealing, what do you repeal? The law that was passed or the law that was crafted by the king? They've been patching that puppy since before day one and it's still leaking air like a tire on a road full of roofing nails.

It's my opinion, if we made some of the insurance reforms that should have been made in the first place, stopped the government interference with availability of insurance, and simply removed the sanctions, the punishments, for not going with Obamacare it would simply die. The only people who would want it would be the ones who don't have to pay and the deserving ones could be shifted to Medicaid.

Cigar
04-28-2014, 08:48 AM
When you wake up everyday ... guess what is still Law :laugh:

Green Arrow
04-28-2014, 08:49 AM
When you wake up everyday ... guess what is still Law :laugh:

And you're still a mindless follower, Cigar :)

MrJimmyDale
04-28-2014, 08:50 AM
I can't wait to see then try to enforce the penalties.......that is going to be a cluster!!

1751_Texan
04-28-2014, 08:51 AM
Public Approval of Health Care Law

Polling Data

Poll

Date

Sample

For/Favor

Against/Oppose

Spread

RCP Average

3/26 - 4/20

--

Against/Oppose +11.4

It is usually customary post a link to the material so that all can review.

1751_Texan
04-28-2014, 08:53 AM
I can't wait to see then try to enforce the penalties.......that is going to be a cluster!!

$97 dollars removed from tax returns will not be all that difficult to do.

nic34
04-28-2014, 10:25 AM
It is usually customary post a link to the material so that all can review.

He doesn't want anyone to see how many are against repeal of the ACA..... :laugh:

hanger4
04-28-2014, 10:29 AM
I can't wait to see then try to enforce the penalties.......that is going to be a cluster!!Isn't that what the BLM-Bundy thingy was all about ?? practice ??

peoshi
04-28-2014, 01:24 PM
It is usually customary post a link to the material so that all can review.Not that hard to find,Texan.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/obama_and_democrats_health_care_plan-1130.html

MrJimmyDale
04-28-2014, 01:26 PM
$97 dollars removed from tax returns will not be all that difficult to do. It will be from mine.........

peoshi
04-28-2014, 01:33 PM
It will be from mine.........You will have to forgive Tex...he assumes that is going to be the penalty from now on.

In Obamacare, you will face a fine if you don’t have insurance, unless you qualify for an exemption. The fine for 2014 is $95 per person or 1 percent of income, whichever is greater.
However, by 2016 the fines are up to $695 per year, or 2.5 percent of income. For families, the tax is 2.5 percent of income or $2,085, whichever is greater.

Read more: http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/302902-obamacare-fines-penalties-you-will-face-if-you-dont-sign-up-for-insurance/#ixzz30CtpOjHQ
Follow us: @EpochTimes on Twitter (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bJuyaOy68r456Iacwqm_6l&u=EpochTimes) | epochtimes on Facebook (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=bJuyaOy68r456Iacwqm_6l&u=epochtimes)