PDA

View Full Version : Bundy now Sterling....

midcan5
04-28-2014, 07:36 AM
I find this issue kinda funny in so many ways. We all grew up racists, those who deny that are either very young, like twelve, or simply acting PC. My father would criticize the major part of his own lineage - kinda funny. Some of us, very few of us, realized we were all just people, humans, so called intelligent (?) beings, at some point along the path to now and gradually lost the stereotyping that Bundy and now Sterling use as the mental backdrop of their interpretation of life. What I find particularly funny is many of those now calling for their ouster engage in the same patterns of thought. I would make a bet even those who cry foul in our media are the same. Recently I told a group of people that I had heard everyone of them say something that was a racist stereotype, you would have thought I was condemning them to hell the outcry was so vociferous. I just had to laugh. It's always the other who is the racist, my thoughts are really rational and thought out - sure they are. :lol:

Repost:

Life in a Parallel Universe - Well not exactly parallel, in this universe Obama is now Palin.

Scene one: Democratic National Convention, at the podium Barack completing acceptance speech, behind him his family, daughter pregnant next to boyfriend of 17, wife holding latest child, Downs syndrome baby, other members of entourage.

Scene two: Conservative republican bloggers, radio, and TV commentators watching from the privacy of homes and limited access areas.

Voices heard from scene two.

"Seventeen!"
"Typical muggars, ain't got the sense god gave em."
"Yea, pregnant at seventeen ain't anyone ever told them how that happens?"
"Passing the baby around like it was a trophy."
"We're gonna be paying for that baby's care you betcha."
"Another lazy liberal muggar on welfare!"
"Yea, shoulda stopped at four kids - they ain't got no damn sense."
"Ok but how do we relay this to the masses what are the key words?
"We can't say typical black dysfunctional family."
"But we need to repeat, cast doubt, make him a real muggar."
"Yea, we do it like we do with his name, we stress daughter-unmarried-pregnant."
"Yea, and family, mix it in."
"Yea, whenever he goes we mention if she is there."
"yea, is whole family there."
"If she is around we mention boyfriend and pregnant."
"Yea, that's it."
"Anyone know someone from her school who will comment negatively?"
"We'll get on that."
"Yea and stress Palin's children. They're in school, right?"
"Yea, good students, good kids, note that, repeat it."
"Yea."

"White children, in the main, and whether they are rich or poor, grow up with a grasp of reality so feeble that they can very accurately be described as deluded--about themselves and the world they live in. White people have managed to get through their entire lifetimes in this euphoric state, but black people have not been so lucky: a black man who sees the world the way John Wayne, for example, sees it would not be an eccentric patriot, but a raving maniac." James Baldwin

"Racism is not about how you look, it is about how people assign meaning to how you look." Robin D.G. Kelley

Chris
04-28-2014, 07:46 AM
You seem, midcan, to be saying everyone is racist...except you. But as you say "It's always the other who is the racist, my thoughts are really rational and thought out - sure they are. :lol:"

Green Arrow
04-28-2014, 08:41 AM
I don't make a habit of lying to myself. I grew up in an environment where blacks and hispanics were resented. Less so blacks until we moved to Tennessee, because Hispanics made up 38% of California's population, while blacks only made up roughly 6%. My family had some legitimate gripes, some not so legitimate, but I would not call them racists. My uncle Robert is Hispanic, my blood family is whiter than white - Scotch-Irish with a tiny bit of Norwegian. My adopted uncle is half-Hispanic, as is my adopted little sister. My family's gripes do not extend to individuals that are black or Hispanic, just generalized groups.

Cigar
04-28-2014, 08:43 AM
That list of Right Wing Hero's is Growing :laugh:

Peter1469
04-28-2014, 09:44 AM
The federal government over played its hand. No more Wacos.