PDA

View Full Version : Today in 1967

Cigar
04-28-2014, 10:55 AM
Why should they ask me to put on a uniform and go ten thousand miles from home and drop bombs and bullets on brown people in Vietnam while so-called Negro people in Louisville are treated like dogs and denied simple human rights?

No, I am not going ten thousand miles from home to help murder and burn another poor nation simply to continue the domination of white slave masters of the darker people the world over. This is the day when such evils must come to an end. I have been warned that to take such a stand would put my prestige in jeopardy and could cause me to lose millions of dollars which should accrue to me as the champion. But I have said it once and I will say it again. The real enemy of my people is right here. I will not disgrace my religion, my people or myself by becoming a tool to enslave those who are fighting for their own justice, freedom and equality…

If I thought the war was going to bring freedom and equality to twenty-two million of my people they wouldn’t have to draft me, I’d join tomorrow. But I either have to obey the laws of the land or the laws of Allah. I have nothing to lose by standing up for my beliefs. So I’ll go to jail. We’ve been in jail for four hundred years. -

See more at: http://alphahistory.com/vietnam/muhammad-ali-refuses-to-fight-1967/#sthash.IChOhhbx.dpuf

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/89/Muhammad_Ali_NYWTS.jpg

Peter1469
04-28-2014, 10:56 AM
Get me on your special email list for the talking points. Please.

MrJimmyDale
04-28-2014, 10:57 AM
Silly Cassius........

sachem
04-28-2014, 10:58 AM
I watched a program on Ali the other night on PBS. It covered a lot of this.

Captain Obvious
04-28-2014, 10:59 AM
Thrilla in Manilla

Green Arrow
04-28-2014, 11:03 AM
Oh, Jesus, more race rhetoric. Just fuck today, I'm going to bed.

Libhater
04-28-2014, 12:11 PM
The biggest mistake our nation made back in 1967 was not to put that muslim criminal cassius clay
in jail where he belonged next to his ghetto draft dodging buddies. Here's a guy that worships the
very soiled ground that the racist Farrakhan stands on. His Parkinson disease didn't come soon enough
for my liking. America doesn't need any more anti American misfits like that character messing up
society. His anti American buddy bill klinton did the same thing 2 years later when he ridiculed our
military and refused to serve in our military.

Cigar
04-28-2014, 12:13 PM
The biggest mistake our nation made back in 1967 was not to put that muslim criminal cassius clay
in jail where he belonged next to his ghetto draft dodging buddies. Here's a guy that worships the
very soiled ground that the racist Farrakhan stands on. His Parkinson disease didn't come soon enough
for my liking. America doesn't need any more anti American misfits like that character messing up
society. His anti American buddy bill klinton did the same thing 2 years later when he ridiculed our
military and refused to serve in our military.

:grin: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :laugh:

:riot::smiley_ROFLMAO:

Spectre
04-28-2014, 12:25 PM
So some poor, not-famous, probably black, working-class person went in his place.

Nice going, Mohammad!:angry:

Captain Obvious
04-28-2014, 12:33 PM
So some poor, not-famous, probably black, working-class person went in his place.

So the guy who doesn't want to fight in a senseless war is blamed rather than the government who involved us in the senseless war then?

Sweet...

Captain Obvious
04-28-2014, 12:33 PM

So, how many people died in wars that you didn't fight in?

What a douchebag statement!

Spectre
04-28-2014, 12:42 PM
So, how many people died in wars that you didn't fight in?

What a douchebag statement!

His number came up. When he didn't go, another did.

All the student New Left radicals who took deferments sent some poor working class schlub who couldn't afford university or who didn't have connections to go in their place while they took over Columbia and threw stones at the cops at the 'People's Park' protests in Berkeley.

Smarten up!:angry:

Ravi
04-28-2014, 12:48 PM
Why should they ask me to put on a uniform and go ten thousand miles from home and drop bombs and bullets on brown people in Vietnam while so-called Negro people in Louisville are treated like dogs and denied simple human rights?

No, I am not going ten thousand miles from home to help murder and burn another poor nation simply to continue the domination of white slave masters of the darker people the world over. This is the day when such evils must come to an end. I have been warned that to take such a stand would put my prestige in jeopardy and could cause me to lose millions of dollars which should accrue to me as the champion. But I have said it once and I will say it again. The real enemy of my people is right here. I will not disgrace my religion, my people or myself by becoming a tool to enslave those who are fighting for their own justice, freedom and equality…

If I thought the war was going to bring freedom and equality to twenty-two million of my people they wouldn’t have to draft me, I’d join tomorrow. But I either have to obey the laws of the land or the laws of Allah. I have nothing to lose by standing up for my beliefs. So I’ll go to jail. We’ve been in jail for four hundred years. -

See more at: http://alphahistory.com/vietnam/muhammad-ali-refuses-to-fight-1967/#sthash.IChOhhbx.dpuf

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/89/Muhammad_Ali_NYWTS.jpg
Smart man.

nathanbforrest45
04-28-2014, 12:54 PM
Today in 1967 I was 22 years old and was steaming around the DMZ.

sachem
04-28-2014, 12:55 PM
Today in 1967 I was 22 years old and was steaming around the DMZ.And we are grateful for your service and that you made it home.

Cigar
04-28-2014, 12:57 PM

I was 4 :grin: terrorizing the Dog :laugh:

nathanbforrest45
04-28-2014, 12:57 PM
And we are grateful for your service and that you made it home.

You cannot possibly be more grateful that I made it home than I am :afro:

nathanbforrest45
04-28-2014, 12:58 PM

so you were never really down with the struggle?

Captain Obvious
04-28-2014, 01:00 PM

You must have grew up with Kabuki Joe

sachem
You cannot possibly be more grateful that I made it home than I am :afro:You're right. You and your Mom were the most grateful. :)

The Xl
Ali probably didn't want to go to war because he didn't want to get killed for something fucking retarded. The reasoning and everything that comes with it is bullshit.

And I don't blame him. Smart move.

The Xl
04-28-2014, 01:01 PM
You must have grew up with @Kabuki Joe (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=437)

Underrated post is underrated.

Captain Obvious
04-28-2014, 01:02 PM
Actually, today in 1967 my mom might have discovered she was pregnant with me.

Peter1469
04-28-2014, 01:08 PM

I wasn't born yet. Close. 69. :smiley:

nathanbforrest45
04-28-2014, 01:08 PM
You're right. You and your Mom were the most grateful. :)

There were a couple of other young ladies who weren't displeased with my return :kiss:

sachem
04-28-2014, 01:10 PM
There were a couple of other young ladies who weren't displeased with my return :kiss:Of that I am sure. :p

Captain Obvious
04-28-2014, 01:12 PM
There were a couple of other young ladies who weren't displeased with my return :kiss:

Probation officers?

Cigar
04-28-2014, 01:17 PM
so you were never really down with the struggle?

Struggle? Are you kidding ... ?

I was the one causing all the problems :laugh:

The Sage of Main Street
04-28-2014, 02:21 PM
So the guy who doesn't want to fight in a senseless war is blamed rather than the government who involved us in the senseless war then?

Sweet... It was only senseless because we weren't racist. Otherwise, we would have identified the South Vietnamese as a race of cowards, incompetents, and crooks. Not only were they not worth saving from tyranny, they prevented us from winning.

Surrounding the true Asian in China, Korea, and Japan are tribes of banished bandits who were driven into the tundras, deserts, mountains, and jungles as fugitives. The Great Wall of China was built to keep out these unfit primates.

Peter1469
04-28-2014, 02:25 PM
It was only senseless because we weren't racist. Otherwise, we would have identified the South Vietnamese as a race of cowards, incompetents, and crooks. Not only were they not worth saving from tyranny, they prevented us from winning.

Surrounding the true Asian in China, Korea, and Japan are tribes of banished bandits who were driven into the tundras, deserts, and jungles as fugitives. The Great Wall of China was built to keep out these unfit primates.
That takes us back to my question about Ukraine. What do they offer the US in the context of an alliance....

Both of them. Not a thing.

The Sage of Main Street
04-28-2014, 02:25 PM
His number came up. When he didn't go, another did.

All the student New Left radicals who took deferments sent some poor working class schlub who couldn't afford university or who didn't have connections to go in their place while they took over Columbia and threw stones at the cops at the 'People's Park' protests in Berkeley.

Smarten up!:angry: You purposely omitted the Right-Wing sissyboys whose Daddies bribed draft boards for bogus deferments or perverted the mission of the National Guard and Reserves into being hideouts for spoiled conceited traitors.

The Sage of Main Street
04-28-2014, 03:15 PM
Actually, today in 1967 my mom might have discovered she was pregnant with me.

Unfortunately, abortion was illegal back then.

The Sage of Main Street
04-28-2014, 03:18 PM
That takes us back to my question about Ukraine. What do they offer the US in the context of an alliance....

Both of them. Not a thing. The Ukraine was founded as a hideout for Cossacks, Huns, Mongols, and Chechens.

Ransom
04-28-2014, 03:37 PM
His 1974 defeat of George Foreman one of the most amazing things....I've ever seen in sports. Foreman 24 years of age, had never been forced to take a step backwards in the ring...knocked out by 32 year old Ali. Ali so crisp that night, it was so clear Foreman never had a chance. Ali undersized.....Foreman coming off the destruction of Frazier...smoking Joe one of the greatest fighters of all time....many didn't give Ali a chance. And from the sound of the bell, foreman was outclassed, outwitted....and then knocked down....and counted out.

Libhater
04-28-2014, 03:45 PM
Smart man.

More like anti/un American coward.

Spectre
04-28-2014, 04:02 PM
You purposely omitted the Right-Wing sissyboys whose Daddies bribed draft boards for bogus deferments or perverted the mission of the National Guard and Reserves into being hideouts for spoiled conceited traitors.

Can't 100% disagree with you there.

Green Arrow
04-28-2014, 07:41 PM
At any rate, he's right.

"War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today."
- John F. Kennedy (1917-1963), 35th U.S. President

Blackrook
04-28-2014, 10:26 PM
Elvis Presley served without complaint, and it must have cost him a fortune.

The Xl
04-28-2014, 11:15 PM
More like anti/un American coward.

He wasn't fighting for Americas best interests or defending the people.

In other words, you have no idea what you're talking about, per usual.

Green Arrow
04-28-2014, 11:44 PM
Elvis Presley served without complaint, and it must have cost him a fortune.

So what? It is the responsibility of good men to stand up against evil. I think those who didn't serve in protest are just as heroic as those who did serve.

darroll
04-29-2014, 02:05 AM
Most people went because they were told to go (drafted)
When any group kills one of our soldiers, it's time to kick a$$.
At least the communists knew that we were there.

Akula
04-29-2014, 06:26 AM
Smart man.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTeudEWOL4w" target="_blank">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTeudEWOL4whttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTeudEWOL4w (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTeudEWOL4w)

The Sage of Main Street
04-29-2014, 10:55 AM
At any rate, he's right.

"War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today."
- John F. Kennedy (1917-1963), 35th U.S. President A conscientious objector has a Death Wish. We shouldn't let ourselves get dragged into the pit with him.

The Sage of Main Street
04-29-2014, 10:58 AM
So what? It is the responsibility of good men to stand up against evil. I think those who didn't serve in protest are just as heroic as those who did serve. What anti-war protests? The media presentations were all about preppies and class-climbers wanting to feel superior to real Americans by calling us baby-killers.

darroll
04-29-2014, 12:49 PM
I wonder if Ali would of fought in some African countries army.