PDA

View Full Version : Racism Linked to Obesity in African-American Women

Libhater
04-29-2014, 06:32 AM
Oh my, who would have ever guessed that racism was the cause for 4 out of 5 African-American women to become obese?
Perhaps its just me, but doesn't it seem like 'racism' or perceived racism is the cause behind every single black problem here
in America? Sure hope these black chicks are getting their full supply of food-stamps to help them curb this obesity problem. LMFAO!

http://psychcentral.com/news/2014/03/09/racism-linked-to-obesity-in-african-american-women/66831.html

Akula
04-29-2014, 06:36 AM
The new american national pasttime is absolving negroes from responsibility for ANYTHING they do and blaming white people for black dysfunction...

Libhater
04-29-2014, 06:38 AM
The new american national pasttime is absolving negroes from responsibility for ANYTHING they do and blaming white people for black dysfunction...

Yeah, and they have this guy who calls himself cigar as their leading cheerleader.

Akula
04-29-2014, 06:46 AM
Yeah, and they have this guy who calls himself cigar as their leading cheerleader.

cigar is just an anti white agitator...everyone knows that.
His purpose is to spam the board with the DNC party line and to blame black incompetence on white people.

1751_Texan
04-29-2014, 07:20 AM
I guess there are no fat black women in Afirica.

Refugee
04-29-2014, 07:26 AM
There you are then, it’s been proven. Racism produces obesity, which begs the question – what causes this?

It’s a learning curve for all of us. :rollseyes:

Mr. Mensch
04-29-2014, 07:31 AM
Oh my, who would have ever guessed that racism was the cause for 4 out of 5 African-American women to become obese?
Perhaps its just me, but doesn't it seem like 'racism' or perceived racism is the cause behind every single black problem here
in America? Sure hope these black chicks are getting their full supply of food-stamps to help them curb this obesity problem. LMFAO!

http://psychcentral.com/news/2014/03/09/racism-linked-to-obesity-in-african-american-women/66831.html

Then how do you explain all the fat white women out there of which there are plenty. I am fairly certain that obesity for the vast majority of people is caused by too much food and not enough exercise.

This is just another bullshit excuse for people to sit on their asses all day and whine.

Libhater
04-29-2014, 07:34 AM
I guess there are no fat black women in Afirica.

How true, there are no fat women in Africa, other than the one time Oprah traveled over there.
African women don't have the pleasure of getting food stamps, and they don't have a problem
with racism either.

Captain Obvious
04-29-2014, 07:34 AM
Another black people suck thread, woo hoo...

Mr. Mensch
04-29-2014, 07:37 AM

Cigar is a chubby chaser?

midcan5
04-29-2014, 08:06 AM
As is usually the case the right wing wackos find in this news support for their idiocy. Nothing new there stupid is as stupid does - and writes. But I have to admit having grown up in another age I do not remember weight being so pronounced in all of America as it is today. Anyone who doubts that stand outside Walmart after church is out on Sunday. Walk around Disneyworld sometime too. So why is the more interesting question? Fast food, too much idiotic TV, computers, lack of farm work, you know like picking cotton. Sorry joke there. Anyone ever drive the cotton fields of America? Just amazing to see. Back OT. Can we blame it on technology and fast food? Oddly the French who eat well are not fat, what's the difference. Are Americans of all shades of color just lazy, and who said being a little fat was that bad? Didn't women in the Victorian age look heavy. Any Victorian women still around please excuse my comment. No harm meant. Samoans all look fat to me. I take that back, someone will think I stereotype like a wingnut. haha So why people, especially when you can lose weight watching infomercials on exercise till the cows amble back.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/6237/20140429/dont-call-girls-fat-if-you-dont-want-them-to-become-obese-as-teens.htm

'Don't call girls fat if you don't want them to become obese as teens' Lori Sandoval

"ObesityName-calling or labeling people fat isn't only mean, it's not also helpful in encouraging someone lose weight, says a recent study by UCLA researchers. Further studies show that being thin doesn't also equate to being healthy and that genes can somehow be blamed for your body composition."

Edit: I do notice poverty is an element which seems contradictory.

Libhater
04-29-2014, 09:23 AM
As is usually the case the right wing wackos find in this news support for their idiocy. Nothing new there stupid is as stupid does - and writes. But I have to admit having grown up in another age I do not remember weight being so pronounced in all of America as it is today. Anyone who doubts that stand outside Walmart after church is out on Sunday. Walk around Disneyworld sometime too. So why is the more interesting question? Fast food, too much idiotic TV, computers, lack of farm work, you know like picking cotton. Sorry joke there. Anyone ever drive the cotton fields of America? Just amazing to see. Back OT. Can we blame it on technology and fast food? Oddly the French who eat well are not fat, what's the difference. Are Americans of all shades of color just lazy, and who said being a little fat was that bad? Didn't women in the Victorian age look heavy. Any Victorian women still around please excuse my comment. No harm meant. Samoans all look fat to me. I take that back, someone will think I stereotype like a wingnut. haha So why people, especially when you can lose weight watching infomercials on exercise till the cows amble back.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/6237/20140429/dont-call-girls-fat-if-you-dont-want-them-to-become-obese-as-teens.htm

'Don't call girls fat if you don't want them to become obese as teens' Lori Sandoval

"ObesityName-calling or labeling people fat isn't only mean, it's not also helpful in encouraging someone lose weight, says a recent study by UCLA researchers. Further studies show that being thin doesn't also equate to being healthy and that genes can somehow be blamed for your body composition."

Edit: I do notice poverty is an element which seems contradictory.

Nice dodge from the OP story, but how or why is it idiocy to use facts linking the obesity of black women to racism?
Look, its these walrus-sized black women who are complaining that their obesity is due to racism.

midcan5
04-29-2014, 09:30 AM
Nice dodge from the OP story, but how or why is it idiocy to use facts linking the obesity of black women to racism?
Look, its these walrus-sized black women who are complaining that their obesity is due to racism.

I doubt you are empathetic enough to follow the argument in that piece but consider what constant berating does to a person, to a child. Now explain why so many white or beige women are obese as well? Could they too suffer in similar situations with minor differences. Try hard here to think for a moment outside you wacky ideology of hatred. Try.

"The remarkable thing is that we really love our neighbors as ourselves: we do unto others as we do unto ourselves. We hate others when we hate ourselves. We are tolerant of others when we tolerate ourselves. We forgive others when we forgive ourselves." Eric Hoffer

Libhater
04-29-2014, 09:48 AM
I doubt you are empathetic enough to follow the argument in that piece but consider what constant berating does to a person, to a child. Now explain why so many white or beige women are obese as well? Could they too suffer in similar situations with minor differences. Try hard here to think for a moment outside you wacky ideology of hatred. Try.

How or why would it be construed as hatred by my posting facts about obese black women? I've posted facts about emaciated people as well, and I don't hate them. Look
again, this post of mine has nothing to do with the berating of people; it has everything to do with black women saying the cause of their obesity is racism--nothing more.