PDA

View Full Version : Hang in There, America! The Day of Political Reckoning is Only Six Months Away

Mr. Mensch
04-30-2014, 08:16 AM
WASHINGTON - President Obama's approval rating in a closely- watched poll has sunk to a new low that will likely further damage his party's dimming prospects in this fall's midterm elections. As he returns from a week long, four-nation Asian tour, overshadowed by his mishandling of Russian aggression in Ukraine, he faces a Washington Post-ABC News survey showing his job approval score has sunk to 41 percent.

Notably, low paying sectors accounted for 22 percent of lost jobs in the recession from 2008 to 2010. But they now account for 44 percent of the job growth since that time.

"That means that the economy is skewed more heavily than it was pre-recession toward the kind of employment that may not even cover basic housing costs," writes Emily Badger in a story the Post buried at the bottom of page 13.

You didn't hear this on the nightly news, did you? Or for that matter from Democrat leaders in Congress who were fond of labeling all of the jobs created during the explosive Reagan recovery of the '80s as "hamburger flippers."

But the day of reckoning is at hand. The Post-ABC poll found that 45 percent of registered voters said they plan to vote for the Democrat in House elections this fall, while 44 percent said they intend to vote Republican.
When Democrats lost control of the House in 2010, they led by five points on this question.

http://townhall.com/columnists/donaldlambro/2014/04/30/hang-in-there-america-the-day-of-political-reckoning-is-only-six-months-away-n1831137/page/full

It will be great to see Democrats thrown out of office as punishment for supporting Obama and his failed policies. Pay back is a bitch!

webrockk
04-30-2014, 09:15 AM
First Quarter economic growth ~ a whopping .1%.

but Sterling's the headliner....

Mr. Mensch
04-30-2014, 09:22 AM
First Quarter economic growth ~ a whopping .1%.

but Sterling's the headliner....

Hmmm, which one affects people's daily lives?

The media is doing a great job from diverting attention from important matters.

webrockk
04-30-2014, 09:27 AM
Hmmm, which one affects people's daily lives?

The media is doing a great job from diverting attention from important matters.

ABC's criminal "journalists" devoted a whole 18 seconds to Obama's tanking popularity....Amanda Knox's trials and tribulations warranted 2 minutes.

Mainecoons
04-30-2014, 09:36 AM
Do you really believe that rearranging the chairs the Establishment Party occupies is going to make a nickel's worth of difference? Have you forgotten what happened when the Republicans controlled Congress and the White House?

Let's see, spending like Drunken Democrats and a Stupid War, those are what we got when the "Republicans" controlled everything.

D.C. needs to be purged like the canker sore that it is.

Mr. Mensch
04-30-2014, 09:44 AM
Do you really believe that rearranging the chairs the Establishment Party occupies is going to make a nickel's worth of difference? Have you forgotten what happened when the Republicans controlled Congress and the White House?

Let's see, spending like Drunken Democrats and a Stupid War, those are what we got when the "Republicans" controlled everything.

D.C. needs to be purged like the canker sore that it is.

I agree. 99% of the politicians in Washington are useless. But I simply enjoy watching democrats get their collective asses handed to them. Republicans are bad, democrats are worse.

Spectre
04-30-2014, 09:50 AM
You'd think, the way the OP was phrased, some foreign entity had taken over the US and installed itself in power and something is about to eject it.

Let me remind everyone that it was THE PEOPLE THEMSELVES that placed this scoundrel in power TWICE, no one else.

The blame lies SQUARELY on the PEOPLE, not the politicians.

Mr. Mensch
04-30-2014, 09:54 AM
You'd think, the way the OP was phrased, some foreign entity had taken over the US and installed itself in power and something is about to eject it.

Let me remind everyone that it was THE PEOPLE THEMSELVES that placed this scoundrel in power TWICE, no one else.

The blame lies SQUARELY on the PEOPLE, not the politicians.

Which is why I am hoping enough people will come to their senses and vote these morons out of office.

Ransom
05-01-2014, 09:08 AM
Chicken counting before eggs hatch in Nov...not a good idea.

Mr. Mensch
05-01-2014, 09:12 AM
Chicken counting before eggs hatch in Nov...not a good idea.

You a quantum theory afficionado?

Akula
05-01-2014, 10:04 AM
Which is why I am hoping enough people will come to their senses and vote these morons out of office.

We can't "vote" our way out of the dysfunctional mess this country has become.

This system can't be used to fix this system. It's too far gone.

nic34
05-01-2014, 10:57 AM
I agree. 99% of the politicians in Washington are useless. But I simply enjoy watching democrats get their collective asses handed to them. Republicans are bad, democrats are worse.

So its not about the good of the country, its about your team winning.

Dang, I actually agree with coonz on this one.....:shocked:

Mr. Mensch
05-01-2014, 11:11 AM
We can't "vote" our way out of the dysfunctional mess this country has become.

This system can't be used to fix this system. It's too far gone.

Any suggestions as to what should be done?

Mr. Mensch
05-01-2014, 11:12 AM

Fuck yeah!

I take the Ghengis Khan approach to politics. Not only must I win, but my opponent must lose.

Akula
05-01-2014, 11:24 AM
Any suggestions as to what should be done? 1776 would be a good start.:evil:..and after that try proportional representation. That way more people have a voice in govt. As it is now it's "win" or "lose" and no middle ground....not that either side is any different at this point, anyway.

Captain Obvious
05-01-2014, 11:28 AM

This is the idiocy that is partisan indoctrination, message boards like this one and others are chock full of it.

People go to junk websites because those sites spin the truth the way they want to hear it, they regurgitate that shit on sites like this and they believe it, buy into it hook line and sinker. Cheer like fucking cheerleaders for their team, demonize the opposition and have no fucking clue, none whatsoever that all they are doing is supporting the same shit system that's been in place for generations.

This is why nothing will ever politically change in this nation and it's going to be the same shit crony capitalism, Wall St. in bed with PA Ave. all special interest, big money agenda driven bullshit.

We collectively because of these bucket carriers are nothing more than little Eichmanns.

Akula
05-01-2014, 11:33 AM
idiocy
partisan indoctrination
regurgitate that shit
fucking cheerleaders
no fucking clue
shit system
same shit
bullshit.

Well said!...up to your usual standards!

Ishmael Pequod
05-01-2014, 11:58 AM
Smells like 2010.

nic34
05-01-2014, 12:55 PM
This is the idiocy that is partisan indoctrination, message boards like this one and others are chock full of it.

People go to junk websites because those sites spin the truth the way they want to hear it, they regurgitate that shit on sites like this and they believe it, buy into it hook line and sinker. Cheer like fucking cheerleaders for their team, demonize the opposition and have no fucking clue, none whatsoever that all they are doing is supporting the same shit system that's been in place for generations.

This is why nothing will ever politically change in this nation and it's going to be the same shit crony capitalism, Wall St. in bed with PA Ave. all special interest, big money agenda driven bullshit.

We collectively because of these bucket carriers are nothing more than little Eichmanns.

It always seems to come down to who do you tar and feather first, the politican or the billionaire....