PDA

View Full Version : Merah Mailed Footage of French Murders to Al Jazeera Television

Conley
03-27-2012, 09:04 AM
Al-Jazeera says it will not air a video that appears to show the attacks on soldiers and a Jewish school in southwestern France from the killer's point of view.

French President Nicolas Sarkozy, other French officials and family members of the victims had asked for the footage not to be broadcast.

The television station received the footage on a USB key sent with a letter to their Paris office.

Police traced the attacks to 23-year-old Frenchman Mohamed Merah who was killed last week after a more than 30-hour standoff with police at his apartment building.

Prosecutors have said that Merah filmed all of his attacks, which began March 11 with the murder of a French soldier. Before the spree ended, two more soldiers and three Jewish children and a rabbi were killed.

http://news.yahoo.com/al-jazeera-not-air-video-french-attacks-122512488.html

Good that it will not air. Once law enforcement is finished with it, it should be destroyed.

Mister D
03-27-2012, 09:08 AM
Agreed. Kudos to Al-Jazeera for showing some decency.

Conley
03-27-2012, 09:13 AM
Indeed. It's a little sad that we have such low standards for media but I'm glad aJ is doing the right thing here.

I did think it was weird the footage hadn't shown up. Hopefully this was the only copy other than whatever the law enforcement recovered from his home.

MMC
03-27-2012, 10:28 AM
"Say What".....Americans have standards? Whoa, Somebody hurry and hit breakin news. Let all those Demos know this before they go out and give all those speeches on how the rest of the world views us. :stirthepot:

Conley
03-27-2012, 10:38 AM
Some Republicans like to promote the idea that they're the only ones with patriotism and religion, but I don't fall into that trap. :wink:

MMC
03-27-2012, 10:49 AM
Some Republicans like to promote the idea that they're the only ones with patriotism and religion, but I don't fall into that trap. :wink:

Those aren't Republi-CANS those are Republi-CONS. Now can we quit falling for the rabbit out of the hat routine. :wink: