PDA

View Full Version : LA NAACP head resigns over move to honor Sterling

Mr. Mensch
05-02-2014, 07:58 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/la-naacp-head-resigns-over-move-honor-sterling-015611096--spt.html

It seems odd that the NAACP would consider giving him an award in the first place considering that it was well known by people around him that he was a racist.

Common Sense
05-02-2014, 08:02 AM
He gave to charities (just like any billionaire). Clearly we can now assume it was for tax purposes.

MrJimmyDale
05-02-2014, 08:02 AM
whatever it takes to get some $

Cigar
05-02-2014, 08:08 AM
He gave to charities (just like any billionaire). Clearly we can now assume it was for tax purposes.

Old News, The NAACP Head said on Tuesday, that they had already evaluated what happened and expect a change at that location.

N.A.A.C.P. Scrutinizes Branch Over Honor for Clippers Owner
When the racist words of the Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling spilled out in a recording last week, the incident not only caused the N.B.A. to ban Mr. Sterling for life, it also drew attention to the N.A.A.C.P.’s small Los Angeles branch, which had been planning to honor him with a lifetime achievement award this month.

Officials from the California state conference of the N.A.A.C.P. are reviewing why the branch was planning to give one of its highest awards to Mr. Sterling, who has been accused of making racially offensive comments and discriminating against blacks and Hispanics before, a person familiar with the review said.

At the center of that investigation is the man that many people familiar with the Los Angeles branch say spearheaded the effort to honor Mr. Sterling, Leon Jenkins, its president. Under Mr. Jenkins’s leadership, the branch gave Mr. Sterling a similar award in 2009. On Monday, Mr. Jenkins announced that it had rescinded its award to Mr. Sterling, whose foundations have given the Los Angeles branch at least $45,000 since 2007, records show.

Read more: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/02/us/donald-sterling-honor-turns-spotlight-on-naacp-branch.html

NAACP just posted on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/naacp/posts/10152100499253947):

Interim President and CEO Lorraine C. Miller has accepted the resignation of Leon Jenkins from his role as President of the L.A. branch of the NAACP. We are committed to developing more stringent guidelines for our branches. We appreciate everyone who has engaged with the NAACP on this issue.

Don't know anyone who is surprised :rollseyes:

Ravi
05-02-2014, 09:09 AM
Que?

Kabuki Joe
05-02-2014, 09:34 AM

...just like Bill Gates...

Common Sense
05-02-2014, 09:40 AM
...just like Bill Gates...

Sure. Except that Bill and Melinda gates have set up a charity that has seen a contribution of $28 billion from Gates and his wife.

Kabuki Joe
05-02-2014, 09:42 AM
Sure. Except that Bill and Melinda gates have set up a charity that has seen a contribution of $28 billion from Gates and his wife.

...key point you forgot to mention is he's a liberal Demorat...that's why you back him...

Common Sense
05-02-2014, 09:45 AM
...key point you forgot to mention is he's a liberal Demorat...that's why you back him...

Who said i back him? I'm merely pointing out that his contributions are enormous compared to others. I don't pretend to know his motivations.

Kabuki Joe
05-02-2014, 09:46 AM
Who said i back him? I'm merely pointing out that his contributions are enormous compared to others. I don't pretend to know his motivations.

...no bias here...

Mr. Mensch
05-02-2014, 10:28 AM

Maybe, but he also helped create Microsoft Windows and all the associated programs. I will never forgive him for those crappy programs.

Alyosha
05-02-2014, 10:30 AM
This is stupid politicking. So the NAACP should just automatically know what people are like in their homes? They should have psychic powers?

Race conscious people have become incredibly intolerable and stupid.

Kabuki Joe
05-02-2014, 10:30 AM
Maybe, but he also helped create Microsoft Windows and all the associated programs. I will never forgive him for those crappy programs.

...he stole the idea from someone...I can't remember the specifics but he's a thief...

Mr. Mensch
05-02-2014, 10:32 AM
This is stupid politicking. So the NAACP should just automatically know what people are like in their homes? They should have psychic powers?

It was public knowledge which they chose to ignore for some reason.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/27/us/donald-sterling-lawsuits/index.html

Mr. Mensch
05-02-2014, 10:33 AM
...he stole the idea from someone...I can't remember the specifics but he's a thief...

Behind the stupid Howdy Dowdy grin is the mind of a dictator.

Mr. Mensch
05-06-2014, 11:26 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/payn_c11846820140504120100.jpg

Kalkin
05-06-2014, 11:37 AM
They should still give him the award. Nothing advances their cause better than a rich white guy who isn't toeing the PC line.

Matty
05-06-2014, 11:41 AM

That's the point. The NAACP has no business knowing what went on in that home. I cannot wait for the lawsuits.

Codename Section
05-06-2014, 12:19 PM
I think when someone cheats on you all bets are off about what you say to them about who they're cheating on you with--especially when you're paying all their bills.

Are you supposed to be nice about it?

Darling, I'd love it when you step out on me if you could refrain from having your photograph taken with a large penis'd African American type. That would be just lovely. Do pass the Grey Poupon, if you will...