PDA

View Full Version : Some Worried That New Benghazi Probe Will Look Like "Obvious Partisan Exercise"

Cigar
05-05-2014, 11:58 AM
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2014/140505-obvious-partisan-exercise.jpg

George Will: Dems Will Make Benghazi Investigation Look Like ‘Obvious Partisan Exercise’

Fox News contributor George Will was singularly unimpressed Monday morning with the discovery of the so-called smoking gun in Deputy National Security Advisor Ben Rhodes’ email, scoffing at the idea, voiced by his colleague Charles Krauthammer, that it was equivalent to the White House tapes during Watergate, and arguing that the talking points were, in his mind, the least important part of the Benghazi investigation.

“It’s rather less {significant} than the Watergate tapes, which showed a president at the heart of crime wave,” Will said. He named America’s presence in Libya, security concerns, and the military response as more pressing questions. “The video strikes me as not the most important of those topics.”

Will also seemed to agree with the reasoning behind Representative Adam Schiff’s (D-CA) statement earlier in the show that the Democrats would likely not participate in the newly-announced Select Committee on Benghazi.

“I do not know at all why any Democrat would want to participate in this,” Will said. “By boycotting this, it just becomes a redundant, obviously partisan Republican exercise. It’s only a matter of time before Democrats raise the following question: would there be a select committee if it didn’t want to have the power to subpoena the former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for reasons obviously pertaining to presidential politics?”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/george-will-dems-will-make-benghazi-investigation-look-like-obvious-partisan-exercise/

Lindsey Graham Says Republicans Risk Getting 'Burned' On Benghazi Issue It is a political witch hunt.

Any attempt by Republicans to embarrass the Obama administration over the deadly Sept. 11, 2012 attack in Benghazi, Libya, could backfire in the mid-term congressional elections, a Republican U.S. senator warned on Sunday.

Snip......

"If we're playing politics with Benghazi, we'll get burned," Graham said on CBS's "Face the Nation."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/04/lindsey-graham-benghazi_n_5264079.html

Matty
05-05-2014, 12:03 PM
What are democrats so afraid of? Isn't the truth on your side?

Cigar
05-05-2014, 12:06 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bm4i9vHCAAAMeCC.jpg

Captain Obvious
05-05-2014, 12:33 PM

Cigar doesn't discuss his talking points, he just dutifully reposts them when they're given to him.

You'll get a better political discussion out of a blow up doll.

zelmo1234
05-05-2014, 01:14 PM
Cigar doesn't discuss his talking points, he just dutifully reposts them when they're given to him.

You'll get a better political discussion out of a blow up doll.

Well he is well trained, never goes against the master!

Blackrook
05-05-2014, 03:47 PM
I'm old enough to remember how obsessed the Democrats were with Watergate and Iran-Contra. The difference is, no one died as a result of those scandals.

texan
05-05-2014, 05:13 PM
When you lie and cover up you get these "witch hunts." They are kind of like rape, there is nothing you can do about it so just layback and try to enjoy it.

Ishmael Pequod
05-05-2014, 05:46 PM
Gowdy has Obama by the balls. That arrogant lying race hustler is going down.

zelmo1234
05-05-2014, 06:12 PM
I see that there is a real push by the Democrats to say, nothing to see here, even though there are 3000 new documents

And they are trying to blame the economy on the investigation.

They also have the IRS scandal which looks like it is heading to a special prosecutor! Holder can't stop that either.

With the huge press push by the Democrats, there is something that they are hiding. and it looks like it is about to come to light?

Perianne
05-05-2014, 08:22 PM
Gowdy has Obama by the balls. That arrogant lying race hustler is going down.

If only.... :(

Perianne
05-05-2014, 08:23 PM
With the huge press push by the Democrats, there is something that they are hiding. and it looks like it is about to come to light?

Democrats are always in the dark.

Ishmael Pequod
05-05-2014, 08:37 PM
Democrats are hiding something? I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you.

Blackrook
05-05-2014, 08:38 PM
When you lie and cover up you get these "witch hunts." They are kind of like rape, there is nothing you can do about it so just layback and try to enjoy it.
This is extremely offensive. You need to apologize to every woman on this board. If you refuse, I think you should be banned.

nathanbforrest45
05-05-2014, 08:54 PM
Trey Gowdy's main attribute is his love of the rule of law. Claiming he will resort to partisan politics is slander of the worse sort. According to information I have seen on the man he believes you must follow the law, regardless of what the outcome may be.

Me thinks the Democrats would gladly accept Harry Reid or Barbara Mukulski leading the "investigation".

momsapplepie
05-05-2014, 09:06 PM
Ha! the demonicrats will accept anyone of their kind to lead the investigation. Then we can watch more bs and diversions like liar Cummings in the IRS investigation.