PDA

View Full Version : Voting today?

Green Arrow
05-06-2014, 08:04 AM
Anyone besides Tennessee voting today? I'm at my polling place now.

MrJimmyDale
05-06-2014, 08:24 AM
I've not decided if I'm going to go to the trouble or not............

patrickt
05-06-2014, 08:35 AM
What is the election in Tennessee for? Primaries?

MrJimmyDale
05-06-2014, 08:39 AM
what is the election in tennessee for? Primaries? yep.............

Captain Obvious
05-06-2014, 08:41 AM
Did you get carded?

Green Arrow
05-06-2014, 08:51 AM
What is the election in Tennessee for? Primaries?

Yeah, it's primaries.

Green Arrow
05-06-2014, 08:52 AM
I've not decided if I'm going to go to the trouble or not............

Might as well not bother. I got the Democrat ballot this time just to see who all was running and there were like four Democrats on there for all 12 offices :tongue:

Green Arrow
05-06-2014, 08:53 AM
Did you get carded?

Yep, state law. They even have a sign in front of the polling place that says "Photo ID Required."

patrickt
05-06-2014, 10:21 AM
When I was in the South, years ago, I was a registered Democrat because Republicans rarely had anyone running so the Democrat primaries determined who would be in office. When I moved to Colorado, years ago, that flipped and I registered Democrat.

Now, some states have systems where Democrats can vote in Republican primaries and vice versa. Just one of many changes to enhance election fraud.

Green Arrow
05-06-2014, 10:38 AM
When I was in the South, years ago, I was a registered Democrat because Republicans rarely had anyone running so the Democrat primaries determined who would be in office. When I moved to Colorado, years ago, that flipped and I registered Democrat.

Now, some states have systems where Democrats can vote in Republican primaries and vice versa. Just one of many changes to enhance election fraud.

Somehow, I don't think Tennessee's Republican supermajority put that system into place to enhance Democrat election fraud. To my knowledge, they do it to give people more of a choice in who they wish to vote for.

patrickt
05-06-2014, 05:23 PM
That's right, Green Arrow, and some encourage their faithful to vote in the opposing parties primary and vote for a loser. That's especially effective when your party isn't having a primary.

But, when you said you didn't think, you were right.

countryboy
05-06-2014, 05:25 PM
Yep, state law. They even have a sign in front of the polling place that says "Photo ID Required."
Damn racists.

Green Arrow
05-06-2014, 05:29 PM
That's right, Green Arrow, and some encourage their faithful to vote in the opposing parties primary and vote for a loser. That's especially effective when your party isn't having a primary.

But, when you said you didn't think, you were right.

I don't have an opposing party, and I don't vote for losers. I vote for who I think will do the best job in that office.

patrickt
05-06-2014, 07:02 PM
I don't have an opposing party, and I don't vote for losers. I vote for who I think will do the best job in that office.

Of course, you do. You are aware, perhaps, that you are not really the center of the universe and there are people with opposing parties. The only way you could not vote for losers would be to never vote.

Green Arrow
05-06-2014, 08:21 PM
Of course, you do. You are aware, perhaps, that you are not really the center of the universe and there are people with opposing parties. The only way you could not vote for losers would be to never vote.

Well, those people can cry me a river, then build a bridge and get the fuck over it. The majority of Tennesseans decided Washington was right to hate parties, and that forcing people to pick a party or not vote should be unconstitutional.