PDA

View Full Version : The Republican Party is at its strongest point in two decades

Ransom
05-06-2014, 08:12 AM
The GOP is at an even stronger point than in previous "wave" elections in 1994 and 2010 and looks poised to make major gains — and possibly take control of the U.S. Senate.

Don't count chickens afore hatchin, GOP. Where I would agree that Democrats inability to govern and that more and more people everyday understand the current President is unqualified at best.......I don't like "poised to make major gains." I think we should act like we are the underdogs for the coming 2014 elections.

Overall, Democrats are plagued by the still-sluggish economy, the unpopularity of the Affordable Care Act (http://www.businessinsider.com/obamacare-poll-expectations-2014-4), and the undesirable views of President Obama. More voters (26%) say their vote will be "against" the president. Only 16% say their vote will be "for" Obama. And by more than a 2-to-1 margin, voters say they want the next president to pursue policies different from the Obama administration's priorities.

This is remarkable polling. One, it's done by Pew Research and USA Today, not exactly bastions of Conservatism. I don't normally source polling, even though it's quite accurate at times....it can also lead one astray. And the GOP has much work to do. Ground campaigning, phone calls, funding drives, and needs to drive platform, platform, platform. Sure, sprinkle in some obvious errors by this Administration...Obamacare, Benghazi, the economy.....but highlight our platform of low taxes, less government intrusion, pro business, pro market forces, pro free speech..etc.

The percentage of voters who disapprove of the Affordable Care Act (55%) is still tied for the highest in the law's history.

55% a whopping number in a poll. Think about how divided our constituencies are, 55% disapproving of Obamacare cannot go unnoticed by Dems. Senate Democrats must be nearing panic by now. They cannot run from Obamacare because they cheerleaded it. They cannot run from this economy as it's their policies that have created the reality. Foreign policy in the shitter, the economy stagnant.......I like our chances.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/poll-elections-republicans-democrats-obama-2014-5#ixzz30wNXW5R9

bajisima
05-06-2014, 08:17 AM
It is a good sign but I have seen republicans snatch defeat from the jaws of victory before. We will see what the polls say after the primaries. On a side note, I read in a local newspaper that if a particular candidate wins the republican primary in Massachusetts, he has a good shot at the governorship. Imagine even Massachusetts going back red.

Libhater
05-06-2014, 08:24 AM
It is a good sign but I have seen republicans snatch defeat from the jaws of victory before. We will see what the polls say after the primaries. On a side note, I read in a local newspaper that if a particular candidate wins the republican primary in Massachusetts, he has a good shot at the governorship. Imagine even Massachusetts going back red.

Being a former resident of Taxachusetts, I sure would like to know who this candidate is.

Captain Obvious
05-06-2014, 08:39 AM
The GOP is a fucking joke, they are the Keystone Cops of politics. It's why I and other conservatives are jumping that sinking ship.

Libhater
05-06-2014, 08:43 AM
The GOP is a fucking joke, they are the Keystone Cops of politics. It's why I and other conservatives are jumping that sinking ship.

You're no Conservative pal, take a hike. We don't need no more rinos like yourself to muddy up the waters