PDA

View Full Version : The Afghan Girls Who Live as Boys

Conley
03-29-2012, 08:50 AM
When Azita Rafhat, a former member of the Afghan parliament, gets her daughters ready for school, she dresses one of the girls differently.

Three of her daughters are clothed in white garments and their heads covered with white scarves, but a fourth girl, Mehrnoush, is dressed in a suit and tie. When they get outside, Mehrnoush is no longer a girl but a boy named Mehran.

Azita Rafhat didn't have a son, and to fill the gap and avoid people's taunts for not having a son, she opted for this radical decision. It was very simple, thanks to a haircut and some boyish clothes.

There is even a name for this tradition in Afghanistan - Bacha Posh, or disguising girls as boys.

"When you have a good position in Afghanistan and are well off, people look at you differently. They say your life becomes complete only if you have a son," she says.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15262680

So this is pretty f'ed. Around 18 or 19, when they can no longer hide it, the girls go back to being girls in public. As you would guess there are some significant psychological effects from all of this.

MMC
03-29-2012, 10:01 AM
When Azita Rafhat, a former member of the Afghan parliament, gets her daughters ready for school, she dresses one of the girls differently.

Three of her daughters are clothed in white garments and their heads covered with white scarves, but a fourth girl, Mehrnoush, is dressed in a suit and tie. When they get outside, Mehrnoush is no longer a girl but a boy named Mehran.

Azita Rafhat didn't have a son, and to fill the gap and avoid people's taunts for not having a son, she opted for this radical decision. It was very simple, thanks to a haircut and some boyish clothes.

There is even a name for this tradition in Afghanistan - Bacha Posh, or disguising girls as boys.

"When you have a good position in Afghanistan and are well off, people look at you differently. They say your life becomes complete only if you have a son," she says.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15262680

So this is pretty f'ed. Around 18 or 19, when they can no longer hide it, the girls go back to being girls in public. As you would guess there are some significant psychological effects from all of this.

Ya don't say? Actually what we should do is bring them Taliban leaders here to the US. About after a week of getting their azzes kicked by women. They might wake up and step forward with the rest of humanity. I was talking to some sistas, and they were like let them try thats shiznit with some of the goils.

The one was like I will pistol slap Karzai like the bizsnitch he is. :laugh:

Conley
03-29-2012, 12:54 PM
Haha, yeah I can imagine this wouldn't go over too well with the sistahs. Is there any hope for a society that discriminates against half its population?

MMC
03-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Haha, yeah I can imagine this wouldn't go over too well with the sistahs. Is there any hope for a society that discriminates against half its population?

Not if we do what is necessary and solve the problem permanently! Which would be to remove all male Afghani from off the planet. Except those that are being carried by any Afghani women. Then we let the Afghani women raise the males to grow-up and be real men!!!!!

Problem solved!!!!! :angel12: See.....I am kind, I am merciful! :wink:

Conley
03-29-2012, 01:22 PM
:laugh: So instead of allowing one half to discriminate against the other half, your solution is to simply eliminate that half from existence. What a choice! :facepalm:

MMC
03-29-2012, 02:08 PM
:laugh: So instead of allowing one half to discriminate against the other half, your solution is to simply eliminate that half from existence. What a choice! :facepalm:

Well....."what", :tongue20: it works.....doesn't it! http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/smilies/newsmilies/terribletowel.gif

Besides I am not getting rid of all the males. Call it a dry run that failed. So all we are doing is taking it back to that starting point. No harm, no foul!