PDA

View Full Version : N.Korea Test Fires Short Range Missiles.....

MMC
03-30-2012, 04:49 AM
Reuters - North Korea (http://thepoliticalforums.com/places/north-korea) fired two short-range missiles off its west coast on Thursday believed to be part of a test to upgrade capabilities, said news reports published on Friday, quoting South Korean military officials.
North Korea launched two short-range missiles believed to be surface-to-ship missiles from its west coast Thursday morning, South Korea's Chosun Ilbo newspaper quoted government officials as saying.

"The launch is believed to be to upgrade missile capabilities and not related directly to the North's long-range missile launch," the newspaper quoted a military official as saying.....snip~

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/30/us-korea-north-missiles-idUSBRE82T03L20120330

Right after Obama warns them not to Attempt their Launch with the long Range Rocket. The N. Koreans come back with this. Like.....Ooooops Upside your Head. :slap: Say ooops upside your head. :punchballs: See the N. Koreans even know how to cover both end of the Spectrum.

In response.....Japan Sent the Word to Order the Interception of the Long Range Missle, like they did last time. Even tho they did not intercept N Korea's last attempted launch. They state they will only do so if the Missile is a threat.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/30/us-korea-north-japan-idUSBRE82T04C20120330

Conley
03-30-2012, 09:30 AM
Japan plans to deploy Aegis radar-equipped destroyers carrying Standard Missile-3 interceptors in the Sea of Japan and the East China Sea, and Patriot Advanced Capability-3 ground-based interceptors on some of Japan's southern islands and in the Tokyo metropolitan area, Defense Minister Naoki Tanaka said.

Interceptor missiles will be fired only if the North Korean missile or parts of it appear to be falling towards Japanese territory, threatening its people or their property.

In the run-up to North Korea's launch of a long-range rocket in April 2009, Japan issued a similar order. The rocket flew over Japan and Tokyo did not fire any interceptor missiles.

Japan didn't do it last time - this time I hope they are able to. It better not go anywhere near them.

MMC
03-30-2012, 09:49 AM
Japan didn't do it last time - this time I hope they are able to. It better not go anywhere near them.

N. Korea informed the Press and All the Launch would be South of Japan. The Japanese state they will only fire if it is a threat to land in their country.

ramone
03-30-2012, 01:36 PM
Not much to worry about I figure, NK couldn't hit their own ass if they sat on the rocket.

MMC
03-30-2012, 01:50 PM
I still think Obama and crew are making more out of it than there is.....plus like I stated before I don't think there is any provisions against for a launch of a rocket into Space for a satellite, with or thru the UN.

Conley
03-30-2012, 01:54 PM
N. Korea informed the Press and All the Launch would be South of Japan. The Japanese state they will only fire if it is a threat to land in their country.

Right, but I don't trust their aim. Besides, mistakes happen and technical or mechanical errors can lead to all kinds of directional problems.

ramone
03-30-2012, 02:02 PM
Right, but I don't trust their aim. Besides, mistakes happen and technical or mechanical errors can lead to all kinds of directional problems.

That imbecile they have running the country now is an idiot, but he ain't that stupid. NK has pushed buttons for years but nothing has ever come of it. I doubt very seriously that it ever will. The people there live in squalor and the gov is frigging kookoo for coo coo puffs. A bunch of people a french fry short of a happy meal. Still they are a step away from the Rain Man, just a short step.