PDA

View Full Version : Teen Dies After Police Shove Sharp Object into Throat Looking for Drugs

Codename Section
05-09-2014, 06:44 AM
I'm just fucking amazed at the escalation of violence for no good reason. Is it worth it to potentially kill someone just to get an arrest?

The kid allegedly (according to police) swallowed a bag of drugs in front of them so they had to go after it--yes, had to go after it. Autopsy showed no drugs in his stomach or system, btw.

http://libertycrier.com/teen-dead-alabama-police-cut-throat-open-retrieve-drugs/

The lawsuit claims Smith’s son was set up in a drug sting by Huntsville Police using an 18-year-old confidential informant. The lawsuit states that at some point an officer in plain clothes ran towards Smith’s son without identifying themselves. According to the court documents Smith son ran. The documents went on to say an officer threw him to the ground, cuffed him and pepper-sprayed him. The autopsy report also stated the teenager’s neck was restrained.The lawsuit claims police told paramedics the 17-year-old swallowed a bag of drugs. Smith and her lawyers contend a bag of drugs was never found in his stomach. The autopsy report also does not indicate anything unusual found in the teen’s stomach.
In an effort to retrieve the alleged bag, the lawsuit claims police had to shove a sharp object into the teen’s throat.

Read more at http://libertycrier.com/teen-dead-alabama-police-cut-throat-open-retrieve-drugs/#syqGH0WBYozeibY2.99

Peter1469
05-09-2014, 06:46 AM
That is an unreasonable use of force on its face. A moderately intelligent police officer would have brought him to the ER to wait for the eventual natural process to take its course.

Codename Section
05-09-2014, 06:52 AM
That's what people don't get or care about is that the rules of engagement have changed with cops. They want everything resolved quickly with zero risk to them instead of safely with minimized risk to everyone else.

But people will say: it's just this one cop, like they do every time someone posts something on cops.

Alyosha
05-09-2014, 07:21 AM
I understand the Captain Obvious types who remember America before or still live in or near small towns wanting to defend cops. I've met a lot of nice cops in small towns in VA, but that's not what this is about.

The police of the US are changing and the statistics are there--not private stats, but from the FBI. They have changed protocols to meet standards set by the DHS. This is indisputable. Ask any ADA or DA and they will tell you that police receive bonuses for arrests and that the protocols for police officers have changed in what is considered acceptable risk.

I think this is partly insurance related with the unions and partly top down (DHS) but they have changed their standards and this is what we now get.

zelmo1234
05-09-2014, 07:31 AM
That's what people don't get or care about is that the rules of engagement have changed with cops. They want everything resolved quickly with zero risk to them instead of safely with minimized risk to everyone else.

But people will say: it's just this one cop, like they do every time someone posts something on cops.

While this is happening way to often. and needs to be addressed? We also run the risk of saying that all cops are bad?

Which of course would not be true either. So while there appear to be more that one bad apple in the barrel, we can't toss the entire barrel

However; to me the logical then to do is get very tuff on those that have proven to be bad apples. In this case 2nd degree murder of manslaughter should be the charges brought against this officer, and they should put them in general populations in the prison system!

Which of course would be a death sentence! After a few of these highly publicized cases? Things should return to normal!

Codename Section
05-09-2014, 07:37 AM
While this is happening way to often. and needs to be addressed? We also run the risk of saying that all cops are bad?

Which of course would not be true either. So while there appear to be more that one bad apple in the barrel, we can't toss the entire barrel

However; to me the logical then to do is get very tuff on those that have proven to be bad apples. In this case 2nd degree murder of manslaughter should be the charges brought against this officer, and they should put them in general populations in the prison system!

Which of course would be a death sentence! After a few of these highly publicized cases? Things should return to normal!

Competing private security companies--that way if one group of them suck you can use the other.

lynn
05-09-2014, 07:55 AM
Law officers no longer serve and protect its citizens, they serve only to profit from the system.

Codename Section
05-09-2014, 07:56 AM
Law officers no longer serve and protect its citizens, they serve only to profit from the system.
lynn

why don't you post more?

The Wash
05-10-2014, 10:24 AM
Fuck tha po-lice!

The Xl
05-10-2014, 10:26 AM
A paid suspension will certainly teach this gentleman a lesson.

The Wash
05-10-2014, 10:27 AM
A paid suspension will certainly teach this gentleman a lesson.

For real, dude. But some mutherfucker will bounce on this and tell us how we're picking on the police and how there's only like 5 bad cops in the entire nation.

Fuck tha po-lice!

Ethereal
05-11-2014, 11:49 AM
For real, dude. But some mutherfucker will bounce on this and tell us how we're picking on the police and how there's only like 5 bad cops in the entire nation.

Fuck tha po-lice!

I think I've met all five of them!

webrockk
05-11-2014, 02:48 PM
Anyone who would aspire to a career as an agent of the modern state is a fucking loser. Sorry.

Codename Section
05-11-2014, 03:05 PM
Anyone who would aspire to a career as an agent of the modern state is a fucking loser. Sorry.

Yeh. I fully acknowledge my assholery in the marines.

Still can't get over the brainwashing enough to hate on the corps.

webrockk
05-11-2014, 03:14 PM
Yeh. I fully acknowledge my assholery in the marines.

Still can't get over the brainwashing enough to hate on the corps.

I spent almost 9 years in the USN....1985 - 1993... and bailed when I began to understand what I was actually "fighting for"....and it most certainly had nothing to do with defending the US Constitution, or my neighbors' continuing individual rights and liberties.

Newpublius
05-11-2014, 03:46 PM
Well, here we have a lawsuit alleging things. There's a reason why there are trials. Based on the mere allegation, the police shouldn't be using sharp instruments to retrieve drugs, but something tells me the answer to this complaint is going to say the police saw the suspect swallow them and the paramedics tried to retrieve them, for health purposes. If it turns out to be the police, it's not even a case of excessive force, because they can't conduct genuinely medical procedures.

webrockk
05-11-2014, 05:12 PM
Well, here we have a lawsuit alleging things. There's a reason why there are trials. Based on the mere allegation, the police shouldn't be using sharp instruments to retrieve drugs, but something tells me the answer to this complaint is going to say the police saw the suspect swallow them and the paramedics tried to retrieve them, for health purposes. If it turns out to be the police, it's not even a case of excessive force, because they can't conduct genuinely medical procedures.

I think you're prolly right. "collecting evidence for the state by any means necessary" will somehow be nuanced into "keeping you safe...for your own good"

And another frog boiling legal precedent will be set along our journey towards a completely unrestrained police state....

Newpublius
05-11-2014, 05:57 PM
I think you're prolly right. "collecting evidence for the state by any means necessary" will somehow be nuanced into "keeping you safe...for your own good"

And another frog boiling legal precedent will be set along our journey towards a completely unrestrained police state....

Well, the point is clear, the article is based on the allegations in the complaint. For sure, the allegations in the complaint do state a cause of action, I'd hope it would! But taking the complaint at face value, ie prejudge the case?

My point about the swallowed drugs is I've never heard of police trying to fish them out, that claim could be true of course, but it's an extraordinary claim and one that is so far beyond established police procedure that it should strain credulity.

Cthulhu
05-12-2014, 05:33 PM
That is an unreasonable use of force on its face. A moderately intelligent police officer would have brought him to the ER to wait for the eventual natural process to take its course.

As time marches on I am convinced that police are not a rational nor intelligent form of life. It's like when they put on the costume their IQ drops to room temperature.

Cthulhu
05-12-2014, 05:35 PM
Fuck tha po-lice!

You might get an STD that way.