PDA

View Full Version : Christians are under siege in the Middle East

Ransom
05-13-2014, 09:59 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/05/11/us-panels-report-documents-christians-under-siege-in-arab-world/

The report, from the United States Commission on International Religious Freedom, faulted usual suspects Iran, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, as well as North Korea. The number of Christians in the Middle East has plunged to just 10 percent of the overall population from more than 25 percent in 2011.

Replace this with any other ethnicity, religion, or minority...and you'd have a story.

If it read for example The number of Blacks in the Middle East has plunged to just 10 percent of the overall population from more than 25 percent in 2011, this would be a story. If it read, the number of homosexuals in the Middle East has plunged to just 10 percent of the overall population from more than 25 percent in 2011, this would be a story. If it read, the number of women in the Middle East has plunged to just 10 percent of the overall population from more than 25 percent in 2011, that would really be a story....if it read the number of Jews in the Middle East has plunged to just 10 percent of the overall population from more than 25 percent in 2011, these countries would be labeled the next Nazi Germany. And of course...if it read, the number of Democrats in the Middle East has plunged to just 10 percent of the overall population from more than 25 percent in 2011...that would be a serious crisis.

But of course...this says the number of Christians in the Middle East has plunged to just 10 percent of the overall population from more than 25 percent in 2011...so we can all go back to sleep now.

WalterSobchak
05-13-2014, 10:05 AM
I would get the fuck out of the middle east as well.

I don't give a shit if any of the bolded above decrease in the middle east neither.

Why should I care?

Green Arrow
05-13-2014, 10:52 AM
Why would I want to live in the Middle East, as a Christian? I'd have crazy Islamic terrorists on my ass on one side and crazy American politicians wanting to blow the fuck out of my home on the other.

Ransom
05-13-2014, 11:58 AM
I would get the fuck out of the middle east as well.

I don't give a shit if any of the bolded above decrease in the middle east neither.

Why should I care?

The depth....the education required.....the absolute clarity of topic...are the only reasons for such a response.

Wallops Island is looking for a few good men.

Ransom
05-13-2014, 12:03 PM
Why would I want to live in the Middle East, as a Christian? I'd have crazy Islamic terrorists on my ass on one side and crazy American politicians wanting to blow the fuck out of my home on the other.

Because real Americans conider that 'want to live' part an unalienable right. Don't come from your country, government, next door neighbor, the local Mullah, or you liberal blue bellies, nor the I hate America crowd. This right is endowed.....not of this earth....unalienable......the chaos or craziness of the reality is irrelevant. I submit an Arrow sounds the alarm bell should any of the substitutes I used above actually be the reality.

What say Walter. How about a lil condemnation? Intolerance seems to be at the head of every progressive parade, it certainly doesn't escape you two that diversity is todays watchword. It's what everyone is talking about....unless it's a Christian.

Green Arrow
05-13-2014, 12:05 PM
Because real Americans conider that 'want to live' part an unalienable right. Don't come from your country, government, next door neighbor, the local Mullah, or you liberal blue bellies, nor the I hate America crowd. This right is endowed.....not of this earth....unalienable......the chaos or craziness of the reality is irrelevant. I submit an Arrow sounds the alarm bell should any of the substitutes I used above actually be the reality.

What say Walter. How about a lil condemnation? Intolerance seems to be at the head of every progressive parade, it certainly doesn't escape you two that diversity is todays watchword. It's what everyone is talking about....unless it's a Christian.

I was born and raised in America, and I will die here. So I am a real American, and you can go fuck yourself.

Ransom
05-13-2014, 12:07 PM
I was born and raised in America, and I will die here. So I am a real American, and you can go fuck yourself.

So was Obama, I don;t consider him American. Citizenship and American two different definitions in my book, you fit the first rather nicely was never opposed. I agree you're American, I can't agree with the adjective you use in front of it.

Ransom
05-13-2014, 12:08 PM
Nice language btw.

The Xl
05-13-2014, 12:11 PM
Nice language btw.

What more reprehensible, a dude cursing or a psycho like yourself advocating for a foreign policy that puts both our soldiers and citizens in danger?

You do the math.

Libhater
05-13-2014, 12:28 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/05/11/us-panels-report-documents-christians-under-siege-in-arab-world/

Replace this with any other ethnicity, religion, or minority...and you'd have a story.

If it read for example The number of Blacks in the Middle East has plunged to just 10 percent of the overall population from more than 25 percent in 2011, this would be a story. If it read, the number of homosexuals in the Middle East has plunged to just 10 percent of the overall population from more than 25 percent in 2011, this would be a story. If it read, the number of women in the Middle East has plunged to just 10 percent of the overall population from more than 25 percent in 2011, that would really be a story....if it read the number of Jews in the Middle East has plunged to just 10 percent of the overall population from more than 25 percent in 2011, these countries would be labeled the next Nazi Germany. And of course...if it read, the number of Democrats in the Middle East has plunged to just 10 percent of the overall population from more than 25 percent in 2011...that would be a serious crisis.

But of course...this says the number of Christians in the Middle East has plunged to just 10 percent of the overall population from more than 25 percent in 2011...so we can all go back to sleep now.

I'm not surprised that you got so many anti American/anti Christian responses. It is just a little hypocritical that obummer and his fat-assed wife
are making a plea to find and bring home those 200+ jungle bunny girls from deep in the bowels of Africa, yet continue to hide from taking
any responsibility for the deaths of 4 Americans at Benghazi. Everyone knows that obummer's 20+ years at the church of the Muslim suck-up
Rev Wright was just a front for his deep seated love of Allah and the Muslim terrorist network's war against the jews.

Mister D
05-13-2014, 12:30 PM

Many of those communities are ancient.

Mister D
05-13-2014, 12:32 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCGoA-dZBzo

Sorry, couldn't resist. :grin:

WalterSobchak
05-13-2014, 12:39 PM
I'm not surprised that you got so many anti American/anti Christian responses. It is just a little hypocritical that obummer and his fat-assed wife
are making a plea to find and bring home those 200+ jungle bunny girls from deep in the bowels of Africa, yet continue to hide from taking
any responsibility for the deaths of 4 Americans at Benghazi. Everyone knows that obummer's 20+ years at the church of the Muslim suck-up
Rev Wright was just a front for his deep seated love of Allah and the Muslim terrorist network's war against the jews.

LOL, and you claim to be a Christian! LMAO

Blackrook
05-13-2014, 01:31 PM
These people in the Middle East have been Christian longer than the Europeans because they were converted by the Apostles themselves. This is the death of many cultures in the Middle East that will never be replaced. The fact that Obama says and does nothing about it proves he hates Christianity as much as he hates America.

Cigar
05-13-2014, 01:32 PM
:rollseyes: that time of the week

Blackrook
05-13-2014, 01:36 PM
:rollseyes: that time of the week
You're pretty useless on this forum, you know. You post the propaganda hit-pieces emailed to you from Democratic Underground, and then after that you have nothing intelligent to say. I'm beginning to think you have extremely low intelligence, and that's why you have nothing intelligent to say.

Adelaide
05-13-2014, 01:41 PM
Sorry, but this is in the news all the time so I'm unsure how someone could claim it isn't. I constantly see or read stories about it on CBC, BBC, Daily Beast and CNN, which are my usual reads. You have to go to the international area to read them typically.

Green Arrow
05-13-2014, 01:49 PM
Many of those communities are ancient.

I respect that, but I am a chicken shit. First time a bomb went off I'd get the hell out of Dodge :tongue:

Libhater
05-13-2014, 01:52 PM
LOL, and you claim to be a Christian! LMAO

That's right, and a die-hard Christian to boot.

Mister D
05-13-2014, 01:53 PM
I respect that, but I am a chicken shit. First time a bomb went off I'd get the hell out of Dodge :tongue:

It's a real shame what's happening. Makes one look back fondly on the lost unity of Christian civilization.

Libhater
05-13-2014, 01:54 PM
These people in the Middle East have been Christian longer than the Europeans because they were converted by the Apostles themselves. This is the death of many cultures in the Middle East that will never be replaced. The fact that Obama says and does nothing about it proves he hates Christianity as much as he hates America.

Absolutely, he hates America as much as he hates Christians, but lets not forget that he hates jews, patriotic Americans and our Constitution just as much as well.

Ransom
05-13-2014, 02:15 PM
What more reprehensible, a dude cursing or a psycho like yourself advocating for a foreign policy that puts both our soldiers and citizens in danger?

You do the math.

Xl...I'm comfortable in the knowledge that you wouln't know a foreign policy that puts anyone in danger if it crawled up your arse and pitched a tent.

Ransom
05-13-2014, 02:18 PM
Sorry, but this is in the news all the time so I'm unsure how someone could claim it isn't. I constantly see or read stories about it on CBC, BBC, Daily Beast and CNN, which are my usual reads. You have to go to the international area to read them typically.

I'll assume you don't link to any as it doesn't really bother you then. Again....I submit if the word christian was replaced with black, jew, homosexual, or female........you'd be one of the first to start a thread. Thanks for highlighting exactly what i meant.

Adelaide
05-13-2014, 04:07 PM
I'll assume you don't link to any as it doesn't really bother you then. Again....I submit if the word christian was replaced with black, jew, homosexual, or female........you'd be one of the first to start a thread. Thanks for highlighting exactly what i meant.

I start a lot of threads on females because it's an area I'm interested in. So is health, and science. Otherwise, I mostly comment on existing threads. I don't think that whether or not discrimination and violence towards Christians in the Middle East is one my main interests would determine whether it's being reported on or paid attention to. If you're so concerned maybe you should try reading international news not from a US point of view and create those threads yourself. Just a suggestion, of course. I didn't realise I was the barometer of the website for whether something is being reported in the news.

Ransom
05-13-2014, 04:15 PM
I start a lot of threads on females because it's an area I'm interested in. So is health, and science. Otherwise, I mostly comment on existing threads. I don't think that whether or not discrimination and violence towards Christians in the Middle East is one my main interests would determine whether it's being reported on or paid attention to. If you're so concerned maybe you should try reading international news not from a US point of view and create those threads yourself. Just a suggestion, of course. I didn't realise I was the barometer of the website for whether something is being reported in the news.

I see you start alot of threads on females and good for you. I see threads started about anti-semitism. I see threads and see actions being taken against those that speak out about same sex marriage, racism, or bigotry.

Then I see a Tim Tebow. His faith considered a "distraction." Many people considering his kneeling at games or announcing that he wears his faith on his shoulders out of line......why does it have to be in everyone's face is asked.

I see no threads started about Christians being persecuted. I don't see outrage here, this is what I'm writing to here. you do see lots of thread starts on female oppression, gay rights, civil rights......hardly a word about religious freedoms and rights, not from our President, not from you posters.....nor any of the posers either.

Ishmael Pequod
05-13-2014, 04:16 PM
Christians are under attack. They are of no political use to democrats. America is in a dark place. This is no longer America.

Montoya
05-13-2014, 06:01 PM

Can you be anymore of a racist piece of trash?

Alyosha
05-13-2014, 06:06 PM
Montoya

my personal feeling is that libhater is a liberal who pretends to be a conservative. I am not alone in this. He may be the David Duke worshiping, cross burning persona he purports to be, but many here doubt it.

Montoya
05-13-2014, 06:07 PM
@Montoya (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=449)

my personal feeling is that libhater is a liberal who pretends to be a conservative. I am not alone in this. He may be the David Duke worshiping, cross burning persona he purports to be, but many here doubt it.

I suppose its possible, but unfortunate his kind do infest the extremist right wing circles.

Alyosha
05-13-2014, 06:11 PM
I suppose its possible, but unfortunate his kind do infest the extremist right wing circles.

Yes. This is true.

Peter1469
05-13-2014, 06:26 PM
Warning: let's stop calling members names please.

Libhater
05-13-2014, 07:11 PM
Christians are under siege in the Mideast as Ransom so thoroughly showed in the OP, and Christians like myself are under constant siege
here in America and all I see from a couple of posters here is that somehow I'm racist for airing my views about these anti Christians.
Go figure! I'm sure these two race baiters would be the first to whine, complain and curry favor with the perceived victims of Christianity--
which might include blacks, jews, queers, women, any minority, welfare queens, homeless, indigent, bloods & crypts, OWSers, school
dropouts, abortionists, Hollywood slime, atheists, etc.

Green Arrow
05-13-2014, 07:25 PM

@Libhater , you have been repeatedly warned that excessive vulgarity and racism is not posting in good faith. This warning will be your last.

Ishmael Pequod
05-13-2014, 07:36 PM

He's right.

Libhater
05-13-2014, 09:04 PM
@Libhater , you have been repeatedly warned that excessive vulgarity and racism is not posting in good faith. This warning will be your last.

People are calling me a racist here and I refused to name names by calling them anything of the sort and you're telling me not to use excessive vulgar and racism?
Okay pal, whatever.