PDA

View Full Version : The Apple Pipe

Heyduke
05-13-2014, 06:32 PM
I ran out of rolling papers. I left my glass bubbler at my friend's house. What to do?

I make an apple pipe. Simply hollow out a bowl on the top of the apple, using whichever implement lies nearest to you. Drive a hole down thru the bowl into the middle of the apple (preferably an organic apple grown in mountain soil). With a nail or whatever, drive a hole into the side of the apple that perpendicularly cross-sects with the bore coming down from the bowl.

Leave the apple, bowl-side up, in the sun for 20 minutes, until the juices evaporate.
Pack the bowl with organic outdoor bud, grown with spring water and sunshine.

Ignite, and inhale, most preferably with a large magnifying glass ( a solar hit).

Next step, take a hike in the forest. It’s still daylight here. Think I’ll do just that.

1751_Texan
05-13-2014, 07:46 PM
An aluminum foil pipe is easy. roll a small piece of AL in a thin conical shape. Place your thumb is the large end. gently and loosely twist the lenght to form the stem, lift the thumb end slightly to form the bowl.

A soda can works well as well. position the can with the pour spout at the 12 o'clock position.The spout will act as the intake.

holding the can in this position, slightly flatten the the top side of the can near the bottom to hold the combustable.

poke tiny holes in a small circular pattren at the near the bottom of the can...this will be the burn area.

poke a slightly larger hole ergonomically placed for finger action...to act as a air charger.

Life by better Design

Heyduke
05-14-2014, 12:12 AM
An aluminum foil pipe is easy. roll a small piece of AL in a thin conical shape. Place your thumb is the large end. gently and loosely twist the lenght to form the stem, lift the thumb end slightly to form the bowl.

A soda can works well as well. position the can with the pour spout at the 12 o'clock position.The spout will act as the intake.

holding the can in this position, slightly flatten the the top side of the can near the bottom to hold the combustable.

poke tiny holes in a small circular pattren at the near the bottom of the can...this will be the burn area.

poke a slightly larger hole ergonomically placed for finger action...to act as a air charger.

Life by better Design

I like the carb hole design. I've done the can, since the days of Orange Crush, and upon further review I think that igniting bud over paint and aluminum might lead to Alzheimers. I'd still do it, mind you, in a pinch, but generally glass is a better way to go, or pipestone.

The great aspect of these Life Better By Design products is that you can readily ditch the evidence, if necessary. Tin foil you can wad up and chuck, a soda can you can crush underfoot, and an apple you can eat.

I think we've all learned a valuable lesson today about our potential to innovate, and to make due when we have few resources at our disposal. Isn't that the quality, above all others, that makes us human? We are toolmakers. We are tool makers and mental explorers.

Ravens Fan
05-14-2014, 01:03 AM
That takes me back. Used to use tylonol bottles or 20oz soda bottles with a bic pen a rubber band and some aluminum foil to make mini bongs. Or the old 2 liter in the bathtub.

GrassrootsConservative
05-14-2014, 01:18 AM
Ya'll are some pot junkies. And I thought I was bad. Shit. I did most of that stuff back in high school. Only thing I would add to this list are honey bear bongs and PVC pipe steamrollers. If I was out of papers now and my pipe was gone I would just go up to the store and get myself a white owl white grape 'rillo, freak it, and roll up with that. Great flavor. Best of luck.

Bob
05-14-2014, 01:23 AM
I ran out of rolling papers. I left my glass bubbler at my friend's house. What to do?

I make an apple pipe. Simply hollow out a bowl on the top of the apple, using whichever implement lies nearest to you. Drive a hole down thru the bowl into the middle of the apple (preferably an organic apple grown in mountain soil). With a nail or whatever, drive a hole into the side of the apple that perpendicularly cross-sects with the bore coming down from the bowl.

Leave the apple, bowl-side up, in the sun for 20 minutes, until the juices evaporate.

Ignite, and inhale, most preferably with a large magnifying glass ( a solar hit).

Next step, take a hike in the forest. It’s still daylight here. Think I’ll do just that.

You Humboldt county guys are still up to your tricks I see.

Bob
05-14-2014, 01:24 AM
Ya'll are some pot junkies. And I thought I was bad. Shit. I did most of that stuff back in high school. Only thing I would add to this list are honey bear bongs and PVC pipe steamrollers. If I was out of papers now and my pipe was gone I would just go up to the store and get myself a white owl white grape 'rillo, freak it, and roll up with that. Great flavor. Best of luck.

He is probably 20-30 miles from a store where he could buy papers.

countryboy
05-14-2014, 06:08 AM
I like the carb hole design. I've done the can, since the days of Orange Crush, and upon further review I think that igniting bud over paint and aluminum might lead to Alzheimers. I'd still do it, mind you, in a pinch, but generally glass is a better way to go, or pipestone.

The great aspect of these Life Better By Design products is that you can readily ditch the evidence, if necessary. Tin foil you can wad up and chuck, a soda can you can crush underfoot, and an apple you can eat.

I think we've all learned a valuable lesson today about our potential to innovate, and to make due when we have few resources at our disposal. Isn't that the quality, above all others, that makes us human? We are toolmakers. We are tool makers and mental explorers.
Never been a fan of the can pipe trick for the very reasons you.....what was I talking about? :D

Captain Obvious
05-14-2014, 08:49 AM
Fucking potheads...

donttread
05-15-2014, 05:27 AM

You know "organic smoke" is still smoke right? Why not go smokeless?

countryboy
05-15-2014, 06:56 AM
What, vaporize? Ingest? Easier said than done.

Heyduke
05-15-2014, 10:50 AM

I came back from Humboldt with a big bag of buds, and my boss was saying just that. He wants me to make some eatables. We both run and Mt. Bike, but he's a lot more concerned with lung capacity than I am. He does the Strava app that compares his times on certain runs/trails with other runners/cyclers.

I'm just not that competitive, anymore. I used to be. Now, I try to stay in reasonable shape, but at 45 I'm no longer obsessed with body image and health. I have a thinning spot on the crown of my head, and I'm about 15 lbs over my ideal weight. If I'm down to running 10 minute miles, so be it. That's fast enough to outpace a zombie.

I just don't get the same zinger of a hit from a vaporizer. A lot of my contemporaries use them. I don't even feel like I'm getting high. It's not even close to the same as an expando smoke hit.

And that reminds me... Back in 20 minutes...