PDA

View Full Version : Manning Could Move To Civilian Prison For Hormone Therapy

Captain Obvious
05-14-2014, 09:26 AM
Sweet...

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/05/14/312428734/manning-could-move-to-civilian-prison-for-hormone-therapy

The Pentagon is working on a prison transfer for convicted WikiLeaks source Pvt. Chelsea Manning, who has requested hormone therapy. The plan would allow Manning to serve time in a civilian prison, where such therapy is available.

Manning's first name was Bradley when the soldier made headlines for sending a trove of classified documents to the anti-secrecy website WikiLeaks.

http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2014/05/14/manningwig222way-5b36980280743c918b16911f8f22c73cbb0c25cd-s2-c85.jpg

Alyosha
05-14-2014, 09:33 AM
Here is my very anti-liberal position and it often surprises me, but I think transexualism is a mental illness. I do agree with old school feminists that so much of gender is a construct. What they think they feel on the inside is based on what society tells them women or men should be like.

Codename Section
05-14-2014, 09:48 AM
Manning leaked information on more than the CIA involvement. He leaked information on troop locations which got people killed. No hormone therapy, and I question life in prison over firing squad.

Newpublius
05-14-2014, 09:56 AM
Manning leaked information on more than the CIA involvement. He leaked information on troop locations which got people killed.

Well, the prosecution (not the defense) had a chance to prove that, they called their witness, General Carr, and he testified that no deaths were linked to Manning and that's why he didn't get the death penalty. He got the sentence he got for putting those people 'at risk' of course. Manning might be lucky, but consequences DO matter.

momsapplepie
05-14-2014, 10:32 AM
No. we should not have to pay for some traitor's ambition in becoming something he's not. He is in PRISON and beyond necessary medical treatment receive NOTHING along the lines of a "personal" choice. Absolutely not.

texan
05-14-2014, 10:44 AM
Wonder if he charishes his moral victory now?

Ransom
05-14-2014, 10:47 AM
Sweet...

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/05/14/312428734/manning-could-move-to-civilian-prison-for-hormone-therapy

http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2014/05/14/manningwig222way-5b36980280743c918b16911f8f22c73cbb0c25cd-s2-c85.jpg

Obvious, I really cannot see where what you think is sweet or what you do with your own time or who you support for whatever therapy is relevant here. Thanks.

Captain Obvious
05-14-2014, 10:50 AM
Obvious, I really cannot see where what you think is sweet or what you do with your own time or who you support for whatever therapy is relevant here. Thanks.

smack/fail

Add you to the ignore list, waste of time.

Buh bye, douchebag.

momsapplepie
05-14-2014, 11:09 AM
HE is in a Military prison. The military doesn't give soldiers hormonal therapy. Manning is a military prisoner and needs to serve his sentence in a military facility. Why should he be dumped on the civilian society to pay for his personal decisions? Nope. No Way. Manning needs to stay where he is at and serve his sentence.

waltky
12-07-2016, 11:37 AM
Well, at this point, what does it matter?...
http://www.politicalforum.com/images/smilies/confused.gif
Military doctor denies Chelsea Manning's request to have records reflect gender change
Wednesday 7th December, 2016: A military doctor treating former U.S. intelligence analyst Chelsea Manning while she serves a prison sentence for espionage denied her request to have her female gender reflected in her military records, according to a court filing.

The decision further stymies Manning's attempts to be treated as a woman while imprisoned at the Fort Leavenworth military prison in Kansas, said the document filed on Monday in federal court in Washington in relation to on ongoing lawsuit. Manning has been the focus of an international debate over government secrecy since she provided more than 700,000 documents, videos, diplomatic cables and battlefield accounts to the anti-secrecy group WikiLeaks. The filing said Manning asked her military medical provider, Dr. Ellen Galloway, to recommend the change in her military records since she has "achieved stability in her female gender."

Her attorneys said Galloway denied the request, effectively precluding her from having her female gender noted in her records. The filing did not explain why Manning's request was refused. A representative for the U.S. Department of Justice declined by email to comment when reached on Tuesday. Manning, who petitioned President Barack Obama last month to commute her 35-year sentence to time already served, filed the lawsuit seeking better medical care for her gender dysphoria, including the ability to follow female grooming standards.

Gender dysphoria is a condition of potentially severe distress or anxiety that some transgender people experience. Manning said she was confronting gender dysphoria at the time of the leaks while deployed in Iraq. She said she released the files in the interests of transparency and accountability. Manning attempted suicide on Oct. 4 at the start of a stay in solitary confinement, under which she was placed after an earlier suicide attempt in July. Her defence team said the attempts were prompted by her receiving inadequate treatment for her gender dysphoria.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/military-doctor-denies-chelsea-manning-s-request-to-have-records/3347918.html

Peter1469
12-07-2016, 05:43 PM
Well, at this point, what does it matter?...
http://www.politicalforum.com/images/smilies/confused.gif
Military doctor denies Chelsea Manning's request to have records reflect gender change
Wednesday 7th December, 2016: A military doctor treating former U.S. intelligence analyst Chelsea Manning while she serves a prison sentence for espionage denied her request to have her female gender reflected in her military records, according to a court filing.

All Manning has to do is follow his appellate rights until he gets to the Army Board for the Correction of Military Records. All of the boards for each service is granting these requests now.

Tahuyaman
12-07-2016, 05:45 PM

I suspect there was an attempt at sarcasm with that one.

Tahuyaman
12-07-2016, 05:49 PM
Here is my very anti-liberal position and it often surprises me, but I think transexualism is a mental illness. I do agree with old school feminists that so much of gender is a construct. What they think they feel on the inside is based on what society tells them women or men should be like.

Its obvious that it's a mental illness of some type. I don't know that this is an "anti-liberal" position. It's a common sensical position.

Tahuyaman
12-07-2016, 05:51 PM
HE is in a Military prison. The military doesn't give soldiers hormonal therapy. Manning is a military prisoner and needs to serve his sentence in a military facility. Why should he be dumped on the civilian society to pay for his personal decisions? Nope. No Way. Manning needs to stay where he is at and serve his sentence.

Maybe those who support providing him with this treatment should volunteer to pay for it?