PDA

View Full Version : Consumers losing doctors with new insurance plans

Mr. Mensch
05-14-2014, 12:21 PM
Some consumers who bought insurance under President Barack Obama's health care law have buyer's remorse after realizing that their longtime doctors aren't accepting the new plans.

Before the law took effect, experts warned that narrow networks could impact patients' access to care, especially in cheaper plans. But with insurance cards now in hand, consumers are finding their access limited across all price ranges — sometimes even after they were told their plan would include their current doctor.

http://news.yahoo.com/consumers-losing-doctors-insurance-plans-214605729.html

Thanks Obama! You are a lying, incompetent sack of horse shit.

momsapplepie
05-14-2014, 02:15 PM
We warned this would happen. This has only just begun. I'm waiting for the obumbles executive order FORCING Doctors to serve the public regardless of their pay.....

Montoya
05-14-2014, 03:38 PM
Blame the doctors. Another reason the privatization of healthcare was a mistake.

momsapplepie
05-14-2014, 05:18 PM
No the blame lies with the demscum and Obama. It's going to come back and bite them in the ass come November midterms.

Perianne
05-14-2014, 05:20 PM
Blame the doctors.

For their free market choice? What, should we all just be beholden to what the government says we should do?

Blackrook
05-14-2014, 07:53 PM
Maybe Obama should have some doctors shot to make an example of them. Then the rest will fall into line.

lynn
05-15-2014, 08:31 AM
I am not a fan of Obamacare but I do not understand why these people can no longer see their doctor. I have many years of experience working in the medical field especially with contracting doctors with health insurance companies. The contracts for participation allows providers of care to choose what plans they want to contracted for. For example, most of the big health insurance companies will allow the provider to be a HMO, or PPO, and other additional choices to participate in.

They can participate in all plan options or can decide to participate in one or more of their choice. It doesn't matter where the consumer got his insurance from whether it be from an employer, or through the exchange for individual coverage. What matters is what plan option the consumer picked with a health insurance carrier that determines what providers of care are in their network.

People complaining that their provider of care is not in their network is because they are no longer insured through their previous insurance and had to switch health plans. Doctors cannot refuse service based on where they purchased their coverage. Providers of care would lose a great deal of their patients if they decided not to contract with any of the health insurance companies that participating on the exchange.

All of those carriers on the exchange are not limited by that pool of consumers. They all have contracts with the government for their medicaid and Medicare Advantage population as well as the big corporations who are self-insured which they only administer to for their employees. networks of participating providers of care is determined by who participates with that particular plan product of the health insurance carrier.

Captain Obvious
05-15-2014, 08:36 AM
I am not a fan of Obamacare but I do not understand why these people can no longer see their doctor. I have many years of experience working in the medical field especially with contracting doctors with health insurance companies. The contracts for participation allows providers of care to choose what plans they want to contracted for. For example, most of the big health insurance companies will allow the provider to be a HMO, or PPO, and other additional choices to participate in.

They can participate in all plan options or can decide to participate in one or more of their choice. It doesn't matter where the consumer got his insurance from whether it be from an employer, or through the exchange for individual coverage. What matters is what plan option the consumer picked with a health insurance carrier that determines what providers of care are in their network.

People complaining that their provider of care is not in their network is because they are no longer insured through their previous insurance and had to switch health plans. Doctors cannot refuse service based on where they purchased their coverage. Providers of care would lose a great deal of their patients if they decided not to contract with any of the health insurance companies that participating on the exchange.

All of those carriers on the exchange are not limited by that pool of consumers. They all have contracts with the government for their medicaid and Medicare Advantage population as well as the big corporations who are self-insured which they only administer to for their employees. networks of participating providers of care is determined by who participates with that particular plan product of the health insurance carrier.

Physicians must be members of the plan (ie: have a payment contract with the payer) for members to be able to see them "in network" without out-of-pocket penalties for seeing providers "out of network". Some plans had to be canceled and re-done because the ACA caused specific terms to be invalid and I guess in some cases maybe some physicians didn't meet certain qualifications and were excluded from networks they were previously included, but I don't think this is widespread to any large degree and all the hype that it's getting is just hype. Benghazi shit.

There are plenty of ACA issues to be concerned over, I don't know if this is one of them.