PDA

View Full Version : SOS Clinton: Time Running Out For Diplomacy With Iran.....

MMC
03-31-2012, 08:52 PM
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (AP) — U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton made clear Saturday that time is running out for diplomacy over Iran's nuclear program and said talks aimed at preventing Tehran from acquiring a nuclear weapon would resume in mid-April.

"We're going in with one intention: to resolve the international community's concerns about Iran's nuclear program," Clinton told reporters after attending a security conference in Saudi Arabia.

"Our policy is one of prevention, not containment. We are determined to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon," America's top diplomat said.

Clinton prodded Gulf governments to develop a coordinated defense strategy against Iranian missiles. With tensions rising in the region, she said American and Gulf militaries should cooperate to improve maritime security as well.

Underscoring the limits of U.S.-Gulf cooperation, however, U.S. officials confirmed Saturday that the United Arab Emirates had shut down an American-funded democracy group, following similar Emirates action against a German organization this past week.

Clinton, who met Friday for almost two hours with Saudi King Abdullah, said the U.S. and Saudi Arabia share an interest in ensuring stable energy markets that foster economic growth.

She recognized the kingdom's efforts to meet increased market demand for countries weaning themselves off Iranian petroleum imports. She also said the U.S. and Sunni governments of the region would cooperate to counter Iranian threats against shipping in the Gulf and Tehran's support for "the Assad regime's murderous campaign."

Gulf countries such as Saudi Arabia and Qatar are among the most impatient and have spoken about possible military intervention, from arming Syria's badly overmatched rebels to creating safe zones from which the rebels can operate.....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/clinton-time-running-diplomacy-iran-134022862.html

First I would like to say let the Saudi and the Sunni of Qatar step up to the plate and try that Military intervention. So they can show the World how Imcompetant they truly are when it comes to Warfare.

Other than Obliterating Iran off the face of the planet. Just how is that prevention going to work?

Now to the best part with Clinton.....she clearly states why we are going in. To resolve the International Communities Concerns. not due to a threat to our National Security. How about for the Change up we let the International Community go and deal with their own problems. Especially all those Sunni countries that cannot stop their endless whining. As they committ Genocide on the Shia, persecute them and Christians all in the Name of their So called New Democracies.

She wants to use that bullshit line about markets and giving the Saudi kudos. How about talking bout what the hell they are doing to Women in that Country. Show the World what the Saudi and Sunni are really about. So that the world has more of a clear picture of that Sunni so called Democracy.

MMC
03-31-2012, 10:04 PM
Then to top it off she will move on to the 60 nation Friends of Syria meeting. Where the All the Sunni will cry their hearts out that not only should Iran be obliterated but so to the Syrians. Maybe we should quit doing the Sunni's work for them, and let them prove to the world they are willing to solve the problem themsleves.

MMC
04-01-2012, 10:12 AM
http://www.debatepolitics.com/images/smilies/New_Smilies/2bump.gif

Peter1469
04-01-2012, 12:29 PM
I am not sure that any people were ever prevented from obtaining a known technology without utter destruction. And I am only making a statement I am not advocating anything.

MMC
04-01-2012, 12:51 PM
I am not sure that any people were ever prevented from obtaining a known technology without utter destruction. And I am only making a statement I am not advocating anything.

I believe that is a fact Pete. How about Were going in with that one intention she say.