PDA

View Full Version : Cat Saves A Child From Dog

Matty
05-14-2014, 06:52 PM
http://www.abc15.com/news/local-news/water-cooler/amazing-video-cat-saves-boy-from-dog-attack-in-southwest-bakersfield-051414

go kitty.

Matty
05-14-2014, 06:54 PM
Bozo mom runs off and leaves the kid. What a hero.

Perianne
05-14-2014, 06:58 PM
Wow! That family is lucky they had that cat.

momsapplepie
05-14-2014, 08:10 PM
It's said the mom ran over to the fence where the dog was to make sure it didn't come back. She told her son to go inside after checking him. The Dog bit her too.

Bob
05-14-2014, 08:50 PM
Caught that this evening on CBS. Local and national featured it. Imagine had the dog really been large. The child might have died.

Does anybody recall the woman that got killed by a pair of huge dogs in San Francisco years ago? I will see what I can dig up. Said dogs attacked her when the owner, an attorney opened the door as I recall it.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/15-years-to-life-in-S-F-dog-maul-death-3268437.php

Matty
05-14-2014, 08:50 PM
It's said the mom ran over to the fence where the dog was to make sure it didn't come back. She told her son to go inside after checking him. The Dog bit her too.

I just saw that follow up. Nasty doggie is going to sleep too.

Matty
05-14-2014, 08:51 PM
Caught that this evening on CBS. Local and national featured it. Imagine had the dog really been large. The child might have died.

Does anybody recall the woman that got killed by a pair of huge dogs in San Francisco years ago? I will see what I can dig up. Said dogs attacked her when the owner, an attorney opened the door as I recall it.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/15-years-to-life-in-S-F-dog-maul-death-3268437.php
I remember it. Chilling story.

Dr. Who
05-14-2014, 09:05 PM
I saw it on the news tonight. That is a very fierce and loyal cat.

Perianne
05-14-2014, 09:30 PM
Nasty doggie is going to sleep too.

Why are they putting the nasty doggie to sleep?

Alyosha
05-14-2014, 10:18 PM
Is the cat siamese? They are natural protectors.

The Xl
05-14-2014, 10:22 PM
That cat is an OG

momsapplepie
05-14-2014, 10:26 PM
Had that happen to my daughter when she was about 4. She was riding her hot wheel on the sidewalk 2 houses down. The dog jumped the fence and bit her in the face. Then it jumped back in the yard. My sis in law was on the front porch watching her and saw the whole thing. She called me at work. I came home immediately and went to the dog's house. I asked the owner if the dog had it's shots, at first he wouldn't answer saying, my dog didn't do it. I told him The babysitter had seen it and told him again, does your dog have shots?, He finally said no. I took my daughter to the hospital, She had been bit through the nose and chin. No stiches were needed, thank the lord, but the hospital asked the address. The next day I watched as animal control took the dog. He had bitten 2 other children and people walking on the block. We lived 2 blocks from the grade school. I felt sorry but, it had to be done. Any animal that attacks like that needs to go.

Dr. Who
05-14-2014, 10:35 PM
I feel sorry for the dog that was not properly socialized and the child that was bitten. The dog will die because his owners never bothered to teach him the difference between real danger and just kids and the poor child will probably have a life long phobia about dogs.

The Xl
05-14-2014, 11:01 PM
I feel sorry for the dog that was not properly socialized and the child that was bitten. The dog will die because his owners never bothered to teach him the difference between real danger and just kids and the poor child will probably have a life long phobia about dogs.

Yeah, it really does suck all around.

Don
05-15-2014, 12:17 AM
I didn't know cats were protective like that. Cool.

Spectre
05-15-2014, 12:58 AM
One of the greatest plagues in our world is dog owners who let their dogs roam loose.

To all the douchebags who do this: Hey!!! The world is not you property to run your dangerous animals in!! I shouldn't have to deal with your biohazards on four legs every time I go out for a run, a walk in a city park with my girlfriend, or even, like this kid, am hanging around my own fucking yard!!! It should mean DEATH for the dog EVERY TIME they bite someone, and the owner needs to have the shit sued out of him, and prevented from ever owning an animal again.

Keep your beasts on a leash or fenced in.

momsapplepie
05-15-2014, 02:34 AM
Evidently the dog was used to being free. From reports, the boy had been out numerous times playing nearby with the dog being out, and there had never been a problem.

Polecat
05-15-2014, 08:18 AM
A couple of our cats act like they would defend the castle. We try to stay on their good side.

Cthulhu
05-15-2014, 11:05 AM
This dog should be shot.

Seriy
05-15-2014, 01:53 PM
Thanks God for brave cat ! Re the dog. The dogs mostly depend on mentality of their owners, but not on their breeds. This dog probably was trained inaccurately by his owner, plus his owner might be as inadequate person who has problems.

Don
05-15-2014, 03:14 PM
Maybe the dog urinated on a tire near where the kid was and thought he was protecting his turf.

Don
05-15-2014, 03:28 PM
One of the greatest plagues in our world is dog owners who let their dogs roam loose.

To all the douchebags who do this: Hey!!! The world is not you property to run your dangerous animals in!! I shouldn't have to deal with your biohazards on four legs every time I go out for a run, a walk in a city park with my girlfriend, or even, like this kid, am hanging around my own fucking yard!!! It should mean DEATH for the dog EVERY TIME they bite someone, and the owner needs to have the shit sued out of him, and prevented from ever owning an animal again.

Keep your beasts on a leash or fenced in.

In many cases I'm sure the owners are sued.

When I was a kid back in the fifties I had several experiences with stray dogs. There isn't much more scary for a five year old than having a big dog snarling and growling with his nose level with your nose. We didn't have animal control back then. If a dog bit someone not on their owners property the cops came and if they found the dog they shot it right on the spot.

I think the onus should be on the owners of the animals. When they license the dog they should be told in no uncertain terms what the penalties are for neglect and animals at large. We as taxpayers have to fork over a lot of money for abandoned, abused, at large and vicious animals. The owners of these animals should be responsible for all of it. Without them we wouldn't need animal control or shelters. If an animal gets loose and doesn't hurt anyone they could get one written warning. After that very large fines. Large enough to pay for the whole thing. Maybe then people wouldn't want to get an animal that they have no intention of controlling. Responsible pet owners and non pet owners wouldn't have to share the burden of their negligence.

It would be cool if someone like Cesar Millan started some type of business training people across the country on his techniques on dog control.

peoshi
05-15-2014, 08:41 PM
Speaking of training...these people supposedly train their dogs to protect them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFJWOfBJhIA

They look like pit bulls to me but they act as if they are a different breed.

Seriy
05-16-2014, 08:52 AM
Don't blame the dogs, blame their inadequate owners.

Max Rockatansky
05-16-2014, 09:02 AM

Many communities have laws on vicious animals. I'm guessing it's also a liability issue for the dog owners.

Polecat
05-16-2014, 10:12 AM
When I was a kid living in the country we had issues with packs of wild dogs every so often. It was SOP to take a rifle with you on excursions away from the yard.

Matty
05-16-2014, 10:16 AM
Many communities have laws on vicious animals. I'm guessing it's also a liability issue for the dog owners.

Exactly. He would be classified as vicious, he bit the kid and the mom. Two strikes.

Seriy
05-16-2014, 11:57 AM
Other countries have problems with feral dangerous dogs who took over the cities and run in packs. Example countries : Italy, Balkans, Romania, Ukraine, Russia.

Bob
05-16-2014, 12:11 PM
The Presa Canario can strike fear in anybody's heart.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diane_Whipple

The attorney owner sits in prison over the acts of her dogs.

Perianne
05-16-2014, 02:57 PM

Exactly. He would be classified as vicious, he bit the kid and the mom. Two strikes.

I knew the answer. I was leading up to why don't we put the feral human vicious animals to sleep?

Max Rockatansky
05-16-2014, 03:51 PM
I knew the answer. I was leading up to why don't we put the feral human vicious animals to sleep?

We do, but laws vary depending on jurisdiction and situation. Some have to follow a lengthy court procedure, others just take GPS coordinates and a Hellfire-armed Predator drone.

Seriy
05-18-2014, 09:26 AM
The Presa Canario can strike fear in anybody's heart.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diane_Whipple

The attorney owner sits in prison over the acts of her dogs.
Dyke in Hell. I remember this story with these brute dogs and a dyke they sent to Hell.

Mr. Mensch
05-27-2014, 08:15 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/26/scrappy-dog-euthanized-hero-cat-video_n_5392937.html

Story update.