PDA

View Full Version : Another red state just caved on Obamacare

Cigar
05-16-2014, 11:44 AM
Despite vocal opposition to Obamacare, Governor Mike Pence of Indiana just joined the ranks of conservative state officials willing to compromise with the federal government to expand health coverage for their states' poorest residents.

So, is Indiana signing up for Obamacare's Medicaid expansion? :laugh:

Yep, but don't expect the governor to frame it that way. "From the very beginning of my tenure as governor, we've been saying no to the Affordable Care Act in Indiana," Pence said at today's announcement. "Medicaid is not a program we need to expand, it is a program we need to change."

Pence has proposed to expand an existing state program, the Healthy Indiana Plan, to extend affordable coverage to all Hoosiers below 138 percent of the federal poverty line. Indiana would pay for that expansion using Obamacare's Medicaid expansion funds.

Healthy Indiana is popular with its beneficiaries, but the program would have to change to become Obamacare-compliant. Right now, for example, it imposes annual and lifetime dollar limits, doesn't cover maternity care, and requires monthly contributions from most enrollees. The Department of Health and Human Services made it clear that some of these rules were unacceptable if Indiana wanted federal funds for a full Medicaid expansion.

He's billing this move as an "alternative" to Medicaid expansion, because the state is seeking permission from the feds revamp the Healthy Indiana Plan. But Indiana's special expansion still needs to play by Obamacare's rules.

http://www.vox.com/2014/5/15/5716350/indianas-expanding-medicaid-thats-a-big-deal

Rolling Rolling Rolling .... :grin:

Captain Obvious
05-16-2014, 11:47 AM
Talking points emails are out - hey, it must be lunchtime.

Cigar
05-16-2014, 11:48 AM
When Doubt: Deny! :grin:

Ethereal
05-16-2014, 11:50 AM

This seems like another example of "bad-faith" posting by a serial offender.

Captain Obvious
05-16-2014, 11:52 AM

So not only are immature and butthurt, you're a stalker/heckler.

Nice...

No wonder I don't like you.

Cigar
05-16-2014, 11:54 AM

Must be a FACT in The News you don't want to Read. :laugh:

Ethereal
05-16-2014, 11:58 AM
So not only are immature and butthurt, you're a stalker/heckler.

Amazing dissonance with reality displayed here. It's like calling a member of the neighborhood watch a "stalker" for catching a peeping tom in the act.

Nice...

No wonder I don't like you.

You don't like me because I destroy your arguments and point out your hypocrisy on a regular basis.

Ethereal
05-16-2014, 11:59 AM
Must be a FACT in The News you don't want to Read. :laugh:

I was referring to CO as the "bad faith" poster, not you. He stalks you everywhere you go, and then he calls me a stalker for pointing it out. Don't that just beat all!

Captain Obvious
05-16-2014, 11:59 AM
Amazing dissonance with reality displayed here. It's like calling a member of the neighborhood watch a "stalker" for catching a peeping tom in the act.

You don't like me because I destroy your arguments and point out your hypocrisy on a regular basis.

Is Ishmael Pequod your sock?

Captain Obvious
05-16-2014, 12:00 PM
I was referring to CO as the "bad faith" poster, not you. He stalks you everywhere you go, and then he calls me a stalker for pointing it out. Don't that just beat all!

That's Chris 's tactic to just make shit up.

He taught you well, grasshopper.

Chris
05-16-2014, 12:05 PM
That's Chris 's tactic to just make shit up.

Ethereal, I see a puppy dog nipping at your heel.

http://i.snag.gy/34V2X.jpg

Ethereal
05-16-2014, 12:06 PM
Is @Ishmael Pequod (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1092) your sock?

What a stupid question.

Ethereal
05-16-2014, 12:08 PM
That's @Chris (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=128) 's tactic to just make shit up.

It's well-known that you follow poor old Cigar everywhere he goes. I could provide probably a dozen examples of you trying to troll and derail his thread with insults and off-topic commentary. That you call me a stalker for pointing this out is the height of hypocrisy and delusional thinking.

Captain Obvious
05-16-2014, 12:10 PM
It's well-known that you follow poor old Cigar everywhere he goes. I could provide probably a dozen examples of you trying to troll and derail his thread with insults and off-topic commentary. That you call me a stalker for pointing this out is the height of hypocrisy and delusional thinking.
Cigar - look, you have a hero.

My arch nemesis:

http://www.mousewait.com/watermark/watermark.php?image=http://www.mousewait.com/disneyland/chat_images/359120_c_img.jpg&watermark=http://www.mousewait.com/watermark/mw-watermark.png

:biglaugh:

Mainecoons
05-16-2014, 12:10 PM

You should have applied this to the OP, then it would make sense.

You're relatively new here and haven't had the experience of the constant spamming and lying from Cigar. The Captain is hardly the only one here who has decided to take his threads as the big fat joke that they are.

Ethereal
05-16-2014, 12:11 PM
@Ethereal (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=870), I see a puppy dog nipping at your heel.

http://i.snag.gy/34V2X.jpg

His bark is worse than his bite... :wink:

Cigar
05-16-2014, 12:11 PM
:laugh:

Cigar
05-16-2014, 12:12 PM

You're relatively new here and haven't had the experience of the constant spamming and lying from Cigar. The Captain is hardly the only one here who has decided to take his threads as the big fat joke that they are.

We'll wait for your link disproving the FACT :laugh:

Venus
05-16-2014, 12:12 PM

You derailed this thread...nicely done by the way.

Aren't we told to let a mod know when someone is breaking a rule. Don't respond to them, report them.

Just sayin...

Captain Obvious
05-16-2014, 12:13 PM

Wait till I dig up a couple humping pics, butthurt's head will explode.

He'll have to go back to therapy for a couple more weeks again.

:biglaugh:

nic34
05-16-2014, 12:14 PM
Took Indiana a while but they finally figured it out... :dang:

GOP Governors - Give Taxpayers Back Their Money!

Republicans love to say that their party is the party that’s going to give you back your tax dollars. That meme is the meme Reagan used when he slashed income taxes for the wealthy, it’s how George W. Bush sold his own massive tax cuts, and it’s how Republicans today continue to describe their party’s policies. The way they put it, liberals in Washington take your money, but conservatives are responsible and give the American people back money that would have otherwise been wasted.

But it’s becoming increasingly clear that Republicans don’t actually believe their own talking points. And you don’t need to look any further than the rejection of Obamacare’s Medicaid expansion by twenty-five Republican governors to figure that out.

http://truth-out.org/news/item/20580-gop-governors-give-taxpayers-back-their-money

Ethereal
05-16-2014, 12:14 PM

I don't think posting political and news articles on a political forum is "spamming", and just because posters don't like what he has to say politically or rhetorically does not mean they are allowed to troll and derail his threads. If his threads are inappropriate, that is, they run afoul of the rules, then they should be dealt with accordingly by the moderators, not mob justice with CO the bloodhound at the head of the pack.

Ethereal
05-16-2014, 12:16 PM
@Cigar (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=294) - look, you have a hero.

I'm just defending the forum rules and decorum, which you have turned into a big joke with your repeated "bad faith" posting and trolling tactics.

Green Arrow
05-16-2014, 12:19 PM
Ethereal and Captain Obvious have been banned from the thread, so please do not respond to their posts. Everyone needs to get on topic and stop derailing threads with personal bullshit.

Alyosha
05-16-2014, 12:21 PM
You derailed this thread...nicely done by the way.

Aren't we told to let a mod know when someone is breaking a rule. Don't respond to them, report them.

Just sayin...

We're actually allowed to derail threads on this forum if we hold the moderator staff hostage by pretending they have done something wrong after we provoke them.

Perhaps Ethereal hounded Green Arrow until he called him a name. Then its okay to drag your angst across multiple threads like an albatross.

Green Arrow
05-16-2014, 12:25 PM
Now, on topic:

How is this surprising? Us "crazy uncle" libertarians have said repeatedly that the GOP is not really an alternative to the Democrats. Obamacare will never be repealed, because the GOP is just as for it as the Democrats.

Stop playing the shell game.

nic34
05-16-2014, 12:26 PM
That hurt my head.....:confused2:

nic34
05-16-2014, 12:32 PM
Now, on topic:

How is this surprising? Us "crazy uncle" libertarians have said repeatedly that the GOP is not really an alternative to the Democrats. Obamacare will never be repealed, because the GOP is just as for it as the Democrats.

Yes, the ACA won't be repealed, but you're still missing the point. SINCE it won't be repealed, why be obtuse and stupid about it? Get your money's worth and tell the G.D. politician (WHO EVER IT IS) that the taxes are mine, I and want them sent back to MY state, not FRIKIN' New York!

Venus
05-16-2014, 12:34 PM
We're actually allowed to derail threads on this forum if we hold the moderator staff hostage by pretending they have done something wrong after we provoke them.

Perhaps Ethereal hounded Green Arrow until he called him a name. Then its okay to drag your angst across multiple threads like an albatross.

Count me out of that pissing contest.

Green Arrow
05-16-2014, 12:43 PM
Yes, the ACA won't be repealed, but you're still missing the point. SINCE it won't be repealed, why be obtuse and stupid about it? Get your money's worth and tell the G.D. politician (WHO EVER IT IS) that the taxes are mine, I and want them sent back to MY state, not FRIKIN' New York!

Maybe I missed something, 'cause I don't understand the bit about taxes and New York. Explain?

Green Arrow
05-16-2014, 12:44 PM
Count me out of that pissing contest.

I asked everybody to get back on topic. If you want to be "counted out" of the "pissing contest," then just don't respond. Simple as that.

Bob
05-16-2014, 12:46 PM
Now, on topic:

I am a libertarian at heart. But my heart has never won any election.

I vote for republicans only for a purpose. It is the closest I can get to my actual positions. Democrats do not come close to my positions.

Even Obama care is a fraud.

Why won't most people find out some simple things, such as..

1. Obama care drove 2 million of non insured into the plan. By law.
2. Why is that success given his aim was to get 60 million paying to insurance firms?
3. Why do the plans stink? If they want to sell stink, put it in the fair open market rather than forcing the non intelligent to cave in. There the open market will kill stink.

4. Bear in mind the main thing. Supposedly this was to correct a huge injustice. Even though I get medicare, during my life I prepaid from earned income and at the moment, still pay a monthly charge for coverage. But all in all, it is very cheap for me. But Obama Care is not like Medicare. This has to be one of the reasons Obama and his henchmen raided Medicare to pay for Obama care. Since the Feds only supply subsidies to poor people, why take from those who paid high premiums for advantage medicare to pay for the poor?

If Cigar or Exotix or the rest of them want to gloat over the program, at least the program ought to have merit.

Okay, telling insurance companies they can't exclude some of us works for me. Telling them to keep an adult on Mom's policy till age 26 is stupid. When you are 21, you are a full fledged adult. Adding 5 years to childhood is an insult.

Venus
05-16-2014, 12:48 PM
I asked everybody to get back on topic. If you want to be "counted out" of the "pissing contest," then just don't respond. Simple as that.

She was talking about a different pissing contest, I don't mind being in this one.

nic34
05-16-2014, 01:11 PM
Maybe I missed something, 'cause I don't understand the bit about taxes and New York. Explain?

If you pay federal income taxes....whatever infernal federal taxes, what do you think it's used for? (besides paying the interest we owe)???

Right, subsidies like Snap, welfare, walmart, Obamacare, FEMA camps er whatever....

Do you want those taxes to benefit your state or should the feds just send it to NY, Cali or even here to AZ? (our rep gov isn't so dumb about it)

Simple.

nic34
05-16-2014, 01:16 PM
Okay, telling insurance companies they can't exclude some of us works for me. Telling them to keep an adult on Mom's policy till age 26 is stupid. When you are 21, you are a full fledged adult. Adding 5 years to childhood is an insult.

Why is telling JR to go get his own insurance stupid, when it's much cheaper to put everyone on one plan?

Do you have seperate plans for all your cars, house and family members?

You do know JR can pay into the plan too... a lot less than it would be....

Or are you just a mean old man by nature?

Cthulhu
05-16-2014, 01:18 PM

That is like a rapist encouraging cooperation with his victim - you're going to be raped anyways, so you should cooperate.

Nah. I don't roll that way. Nobody should.

Green Arrow
05-16-2014, 01:25 PM
If you pay federal income taxes....whatever infernal federal taxes, what do you think it's used for? (besides paying the interest we owe)???

Right, subsidies like Snap, welfare, walmart, Obamacare, FEMA camps er whatever....

Do you want those taxes to benefit your state or should the feds just send it to NY, Cali or even here to AZ? (our rep gov isn't so dumb about it)

Simple.

Obviously my state, but good luck making that happen.

nic34
05-16-2014, 01:25 PM
That is like rapist encouraging cooperation with his victim

No, it's not. That's a really stupid and bullshit comparison to make.

Cthulhu
05-16-2014, 01:31 PM

Are state based mandates optional? Is rape optional?

The answer to both is no. But both the state and the rapist use violence and force to get what they want.

It's closer than you think.

Bob
05-16-2014, 01:50 PM

Simple.

I can only judge by California.

We notice the multiple whammy.

We are told by Obama send him the money and he promises he will fix it all.

Then Brown tells send it to him and he will fix it all.

They can't both be telling the truth.

The system is broken when it is up to the taxpayer in CA to suffer taxes to DC in the hopes it will ever get back to CA. Those promises are easy to make, not easy to keep.

Bob
05-16-2014, 01:52 PM

The answer to both is no. But both the state and the rapist use violence and force to get what they want.

Quite Correct. Maybe you read Bill's book.

http://www.amazon.com/Theres-Government-Like-nonvoters-manifesto/dp/1553695739

Cthulhu
05-16-2014, 01:55 PM
Quite Correct. Maybe you read Bill's book.

http://www.amazon.com/Theres-Government-Like-nonvoters-manifesto/dp/1553695739

Nah. I just think about things and visit forums. But I do like to read.

Bob
05-16-2014, 01:55 PM
Why is telling JR to go get his own insurance stupid, when it's much cheaper to put everyone on one plan?

Do you have seperate plans for all your cars, house and family members?

You do know JR can pay into the plan too... a lot less than it would be....

Or are you just a mean old man by nature?

Yeah, that single mom will tell the son, show me your money.

LOL

I suppose being super honest and plain talking can come off like mean might. However according to my kids, I am not mean. I have no recollection of being called mean by employees.

The claim it is much cheaper has to be sourced and proven to me for me to believe it.

When can you source your claims?

Bob
05-16-2014, 01:56 PM
Nah. I just think about things and visit forums. But I do like to read.

I look at forums as I do a menu.

Some of it can be as fine food.

Some pure trash.

Bob
05-16-2014, 02:03 PM
@Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868), @Alyosha (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=863), Peter1469

Et al, all of you

What do you think of my comments on posts 32 and 40

The Sage of Main Street
05-16-2014, 02:06 PM

CIGAR: "Here are my talking points. Where are your talking points?"

GOPeros: "Talking points? We ain't got no stinking talking points. We don't need no stinking talking points!"

Frustrated, the pointless bandidos of the Calle Muro gang pull out their pistolas and blast away.

But Cigar has on his Obamaman costume, so the bullets bounce off his chest, going ping!, liquefying, and trickling down onto the desperados, sticking to their stinking boots.

Cigar smirks. Cigar puffs away, blowing smoke into the eyes of the stuck GOPeros.

Bob
05-16-2014, 02:09 PM
CIGAR: "Here are my talking points. Where are your talking points?"

GOPeros: "Talking points? We ain't got no stinking talking points. We don't need no stinking talking points!"

Frustrated, the pointless bandidos of the Calle Muro gang pull out their pistolas and blast away.

But Cigar has on his Obamaman costume, so the bullets bounce off his chest, going ping!, liquefying, and trickling down onto the desperados, sticking to their stinking boots.

Cigar smirks. Cigar puffs away, blowing smoke into the eyes of the stuck GOPeros.

I give that some points as amusement.

zelmo1234
05-16-2014, 02:10 PM

When did he start making arguments?

zelmo1234
05-16-2014, 02:14 PM
Now, on topic:

What I do not understand is 10 years form now when the feds are not subsidizing the expansion? where is the money going to come from?

I think that you are about to see a Democrat Republican move toward complete control of the healthcare system!

But it is a free country if that is what they wanted? Good for them

zelmo1234
05-16-2014, 02:18 PM

I am actually starting to like it

In my area because the doctors and hospitals are not excepting it? You don't have long waits to get seen by the doc's and I went to get x-rays and walked right in!

I am told to get a chest x-ray in Lansing, the closest Hospital that accepts the insurance it is only about a 8 week wait!

And I suggest that you all do the same thing that I do when someone it bitching about it? Ask then who they voted for? If it is Obama Laugh at them and walk away!

Bob
05-16-2014, 02:21 PM
I am actually starting to like it

In my area because the doctors and hospitals are not excepting it? You don't have long waits to get seen by the doc's and I went to get x-rays and walked right in!

I am told to get a chest x-ray in Lansing, the closest Hospital that accepts the insurance it is only about a 8 week wait!

And I suggest that you all do the same thing that I do when someone it bitching about it? Ask then who they voted for? If it is Obama Laugh at them and walk away!

I see my doctor this PM and plan to ask him if it has helped or hurt him so far.

zelmo1234
05-16-2014, 02:21 PM

Actually I understood it perfectly!

The ACA is not reducing costs and it is not improving care? It is not even insuring more people? It is however giving the federal government more control over your life

The Sage of Main Street
05-16-2014, 02:24 PM
I give that some points as amusement. Just as long as you don't give it no stinking talking​ points!

Bob
05-16-2014, 02:32 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Bob http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=619165#post619165)
I give that some points as amusement.

Just as long as you don't give it no stinking talking​ points!

Have no fear.

bladimz
05-16-2014, 05:22 PM
No, it's not. That's a really stupid and bullshit comparison to make.You beat me to it. What a STUPID comment.

bladimz
05-16-2014, 05:24 PM

It's closer than you think.You should stop while you can still climb out of the hole.

Alyosha
05-16-2014, 05:25 PM
Yes, I would make the comparison to robbery. I've been mugged before and the mugger was polite enough not to come back and bother me for more money.

nic34
05-16-2014, 05:43 PM

We all pay our taxes, what's wrong with expecting some them back? That was the question. Not mandates and rape and shit, geeezz...

Cthulhu
05-16-2014, 05:47 PM
We all pay our taxes, what's wrong with expecting some them back? That was the question. Not mandates and rape and shit, geeezz...

I would suspect that paying them in the first place under threat of harm is the problem.

nic34
05-16-2014, 05:48 PM
I would suspect that paying them in the first place under threat of harm is the problem.

YES, and THAT is ANOTHER SUBJECT!

Cthulhu
05-16-2014, 05:48 PM
You should stop while you can still climb out of the hole.

Not worried about my position in life. You don't have to like the analogy. Doesn't make it any less true though.

But I suppose Alyosha's likening it to robbery would be more accurate - you can get money back, not lost innocence.

Cthulhu
05-16-2014, 05:50 PM
YES, and THAT is ANOTHER SUBJECT!

Calm down, have a sandwich.

bladimz
05-16-2014, 06:01 PM
Not worried about my position in life. You don't have to like the analogy. Doesn't make it any less true though.

But I suppose Alyosha's likening it to robbery would be more accurate - you can get money back, not lost innocence.I'm glad you agree with her. I feel the same way. Much better than the rape thing.

Matty
05-16-2014, 06:04 PM

Simple.
Because the states know that the expanded Medicaid will be paid by the Feds for a few years, then the states will be on their own priciking up the tab. They know this shit which is why they opted out.

bladimz
05-16-2014, 06:12 PM

It's closer than you think.Here's the thing: the state mandates are there in front of you. You know they're there. You're not being blind-sided. Rape, well, not so much. That's the problem i have with the analogy. Ok, that's all i have to say about it... sorry to have brought it up again.

Cthulhu
05-16-2014, 06:17 PM
Here's the thing: the state mandates are there in front of you. You know they're there. You're not being blind-sided.

Ever traveled from one state to another? What is legal for one is not so in another. I could walk down Rexburg square with a pistol holstered, and I would get some odd looks for sure, maybe, nah, a guaranteed visit from the police (they hate my guts after the whole penny thing - no bias :rollseyes:), but after a completely unnecessary bothering of my person I could be on my way.

If I did the same thing in chicago or NYC? Game over. I might die if I tried to reason with the cops there. Abrupt violence.