PDA

View Full Version : NC Restaurant With "No Weapons" Sign Robbed at Gunpoint

Mr. Mensch
05-22-2014, 07:33 AM
North Carolina restaurant The Pit was robbed (http://abc11.com/news/durham-police-investigate-armed-robbery-at-restaurant/66643/) at gunpoint on Sunday. Normally, local crime stories like this wouldn't merit a Townhall post, but this one is different: The Pit has a "no weapons" sign displayed prominently (http://gunsnfreedom.com/nc-restaurant-posts-no-guns-sign-and-then-gets-robbed-at-gunpoint/) on its door declaring the restaurant a gun-free zone, and bans patrons from carrying concealed weapons.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/christinerousselle/2014/05/21/nc-restaurant-with-no-guns-allowed-sign-robbed-at-gunpoint-n1841472

The best place to be robbed or shot is a Gun-Free Zone. For some reason criminals do not pay attention to signs banning guns. Go figure!

zelmo1234
05-22-2014, 07:36 AM
That is some funny shit?

It will be interesting to see if the sign comes down, now that they know it was nothing more that an advertisement to criminals

Mr. Mensch
05-22-2014, 07:38 AM
That is some funny shit?

It will be interesting to see if the sign comes down, now that they know it was nothing more that an advertisement to criminals

Possibly. Signs like that seem pointless anyways. Are they going to search every customer who comes in and kick those people out who are carrying?

Reminds me of the "Baby on Board" signs that used to be popular in cars. I never knew if they were referring to a child or the driver.

patrickt
05-22-2014, 08:08 AM
It is ironic but those armed robbers are in deep shit now.

Mr. Mensch
05-22-2014, 08:21 AM
It is ironic but those armed robbers are in deep shit now.

How so?

Mainecoons
05-22-2014, 08:59 AM
Poetic justice.

:grin:

nathanbforrest45
05-22-2014, 09:03 AM
How so?

Well, its obvious since they ignored the sign they won't get very good service in the future now will they?

Mr. Mensch
05-22-2014, 09:12 AM
Well, its obvious since they ignored the sign they won't get very good service in the future now will they?

That is true. But somehow, I don't think they were there for the food.

Captain Obvious
05-22-2014, 09:15 AM
So it's ok for an establishment to (legally) refuse services to gays but for them to (legally) not allow weapons on their premises it's a problem?

You wingnuts are a joke.

momsapplepie
05-22-2014, 09:25 AM
They might as well be advertising, "Come on in and take what you want! You're Welcome!"

nathanbforrest45
05-22-2014, 09:52 AM
I don't think its an issue of who you are going to serve CO, I think the issue is banning guns and then getting robbed at gun point. They have every right to say we don't want guns in our establishment and many places in North Carolina have such notices. I don't think anyone is saying they don't have a right to ban those weapons. But, they should be prepared to pay the consequences.

I do remember a restaurant in Jacksonville FL (St John's Seafood, Blanding Blvd) that was robbed at gun point and not one but two patrons pulled out weapons and shot the robbers

Honestly, since these robbers came in through the back door, I don't think a room full of guns would have done much good but who knows? I guess a room full of homosexuals could have stopped this robbery by doing the thieves hair.

Captain Obvious
05-22-2014, 10:09 AM
I don't think its an issue of who you are going to serve CO, I think the issue is banning guns and then getting robbed at gun point. They have every right to say we don't want guns in our establishment and many places in North Carolina have such notices. I don't think anyone is saying they don't have a right to ban those weapons. But, they should be prepared to pay the consequences.

I do remember a restaurant in Jacksonville FL (St John's Seafood, Blanding Blvd) that was robbed at gun point and not one but two patrons pulled out weapons and shot the robbers

Honestly, since these robbers came in through the back door, I don't think a room full of guns would have done much good but who knows? I guess a room full of homosexuals could have stopped this robbery by doing the thieves hair.

The issue is that it's their private business to run and their decision on how they want to run it.

The zombie wingnut hypocrisy here is that these frauds support business owners right to be bigots but they ridicule business owners right to restrict weapons on their premises.

Total fucking joke.

Polecat
05-22-2014, 10:18 AM
One is as stupid as the other on the part of a business owner. Their choice still trumps PC BS.

Mr. Right
05-22-2014, 10:35 AM
The issue is that it's their private business to run and their decision on how they want to run it.

The zombie wingnut hypocrisy here is that these frauds support business owners right to be bigots but they ridicule business owners right to restrict weapons on their premises.

Total fucking joke.

I think the "results" are what is being riduculed. PC restaurant advertises a gun free zone and lawless, disrespectful thugs take full advantage using the knowledge that they won't be challenged in their effort to pillage. What's that got to do with a baker not wanting to bake a Steve Steve cake?

nathanbforrest45
05-22-2014, 10:51 AM

Total fucking joke.

Yes you certainly are.

peoshi
05-22-2014, 10:57 AM
I must have missed it...were gays even mentioned in this story by anyone other than CO?:huh:

Mr. Mensch
05-22-2014, 11:09 AM

Total fucking joke.

You are right. It is their business and if they don't want people who carry guns to come into the building, that is cool. But as I said, the trick is convincing the criminals not to do so. So far, that hasn't worked.

Beevee
05-22-2014, 11:50 AM
Perhaps they should carry on as usual but next time add "We lied" after having dispensed with the gangster gunman/gunmen.

zelmo1234
05-22-2014, 03:24 PM
So it's ok for an establishment to (legally) refuse services to gays but for them to (legally) not allow weapons on their premises it's a problem?

You wingnuts are a joke.

Actually you have that backwards. they are forced to do business with gays, but you don't have to allow guns.

And the wingnuts might want someone to force people to accept firearms I do not! I think they had every right to post the sign.

As I have every right to think that it is funny that they were the victim of an armed robbery! :)

I am sure that the robbers did not see the sign!

Mr. Mensch
05-22-2014, 03:25 PM
Actually you have that backwards. they are forced to do business with gays, but you don't have to allow guns.

And the wingnuts might want someone to force people to accept firearms I do not! I think they had every right to post the sign.

As I have every right to think that it is funny that they were the victim of an armed robbery! :)

I am sure that the robbers did not see the sign!

I wonder how they would handle it if the customer was gay AND carrying a gun. That would be a real conundrum!

Perianne
05-22-2014, 03:37 PM
They should have put up a sign saying "No Blacks Allowed". That would have prevented the burglary.

(just joking....)

bladimz
05-22-2014, 03:46 PM
Did the sign say "Oh and by the way the owners are not armed either"?
Dis-allowing patrons from hauling their hoglegs in, doesn't mean that the owners aren't armed. It doesn't mean that there were no firearms on the premises. Those asses that pulled that robbery were pretty lucky.

GrassrootsConservative
05-22-2014, 03:52 PM
Did the sign say "Oh and by the way the owners are not armed either"?
Dis-allowing patrons from hauling their hoglegs in, doesn't mean that the owners aren't armed. It doesn't mean that there were no firearms on the premises. Those asses that pulled that robbery were pretty lucky.

So you admit that if they had guns themselves things would have gone better for them?

:yo2:

/Edit: Of course not, now that I've put it that way.

Captain Obvious
05-22-2014, 04:04 PM
So you admit that if they had guns themselves things would have gone better for them?

/Edit: Of course not, now that I've put it that way.

I don't speak for bladimz but I think he's a pro-gun guy.

Imagine that, a non-cookbook liberal.

bladimz
05-22-2014, 04:16 PM

/Edit: Of course not, now that I've put it that way.Why would i admit that? They can have a shotgun on the premises, but no access when those dudes broke in.

bladimz
05-22-2014, 04:20 PM
I don't speak for @bladimz (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=7) but I think he's a pro-gun guy.

Imagine that, a non-cookbook liberal.Fact is, i am a pro-gun guy. I'd be a heluva lot happier if the gun-owners would have to pass a state approved training and safety program, upon which they receive and keep on their person a card that states such. Now that's the kind of gun-owner i can respect.

Captain Obvious
05-22-2014, 04:21 PM
Fact is, i am a pro-gun guy only if the gun-owners have passed a state approved training and safety program, upon which they receive and keep on their person a card that states such. Now that's the kind of gun-owner i can respect.

I own a bunch of guns, never took that program.

Maybe I'm grandfathered.

1751_Texan
05-22-2014, 04:23 PM
There are hundreds of establishments robbed at gun point that don't have a "Gun's Banned" sign. Did they invite a armed robber by not having a "Guns Welcomed" sign?

bladimz
05-22-2014, 04:39 PM
I own a bunch of guns, never took that program.

Maybe I'm grandfathered....i revised my post. You responded before i could repost. You're just too fast. (I know. "That's what she said." :grin:)

nathanbforrest45
05-22-2014, 05:06 PM
Why is it all of the gun banners claim to be "gun guys"?

bladimz
05-22-2014, 05:20 PM
Why is it all of the gun banners claim to be "gun guys"?I know you're not talking about me... find me one post; any post; where i said that guns should be banned? Don't waste your time. You're not gonna find any. How could i do any deer or turkey hunting without my gun? (I'm not a bow-hunter, sorry). So i know you're not talking about me. There. I feel much better now.

Polecat
05-22-2014, 05:30 PM
Guns are like hammers. If you need one nothing else will do. As far as concealed carry goes....who knows? I would carry it into the place or a school for that matter. Its concealed and nobody knows you have it! For the most part I don't go anywhere and I certainly don't go places that a gun is prudent. But no one ever knows when the occasion will arise that your life will be in the balance so its best to keep the bad guys guessing.

bladimz
05-22-2014, 06:12 PM
Guns are like hammers. If you need one nothing else will do. As far as concealed carry goes....who knows? I would carry it into the place or a school for that matter. Its concealed and nobody knows you have it! For the most part I don't go anywhere and I certainly don't go places that a gun is prudent. But no one ever knows when the occasion will arise that your life will be in the balance so its best to keep the bad guys guessing.Like i said, if you're going to carry, you should have to be tested and pass a state-approved gun training and safety course and issued a card as proof. No test, no card, no gun. Too many people don't know anything more about the gun they're holding than the fact that they put money down to get it.

Captain Obvious
05-22-2014, 06:14 PM
...i revised my post. You responded before i could repost. You're just too fast. (I know. "That's what she said." :grin:)

I'm caucasian, sorry.

Captain Obvious
05-22-2014, 06:16 PM
Guns are like hammers. If you need one nothing else will do. As far as concealed carry goes....who knows? I would carry it into the place or a school for that matter. Its concealed and nobody knows you have it! For the most part I don't go anywhere and I certainly don't go places that a gun is prudent. But no one ever knows when the occasion will arise that your life will be in the balance so its best to keep the bad guys guessing.

Nobody takes out a crowd of people with a ball peen.

... unless you're at a Pink Floyd concert or something.

exotix
05-22-2014, 07:08 PM
North Carolina restaurant The Pit was robbed (http://abc11.com/news/durham-police-investigate-armed-robbery-at-restaurant/66643/) at gunpoint on Sunday. Normally, local crime stories like this wouldn't merit a Townhall post, but this one is different: The Pit has a "no weapons" sign displayed prominently (http://gunsnfreedom.com/nc-restaurant-posts-no-guns-sign-and-then-gets-robbed-at-gunpoint/) on its door declaring the restaurant a gun-free zone, and bans patrons from carrying concealed weapons.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/christinerousselle/2014/05/21/nc-restaurant-with-no-guns-allowed-sign-robbed-at-gunpoint-n1841472

The best place to be robbed or shot is a Gun-Free Zone. For some reason criminals do not pay attention to signs banning guns. Go figure!
How many people were shot to death ?

Captain Obvious
05-22-2014, 07:09 PM
How many people were shot to death ?

How many people were robbed?

exotix
05-22-2014, 07:11 PM
How many people were robbed?
How much money is worth getting shot to death ?

Captain Obvious
05-22-2014, 07:19 PM
How much money is worth getting shot to death ?

How much liberty is worth being raped over?

exotix
05-22-2014, 07:20 PM
How much liberty is worth being raped over?
Less than getting shot to death ?

Captain Obvious
05-22-2014, 07:25 PM
Less than getting shot to death ?

By who - the defendant or the assailant?

exotix
05-22-2014, 07:34 PM
By who - the defendant or the assailant?
Well, let's use Bundy Ranch as an example ... if the BLM called in Big Govt. Gunships and massacred all the gun-toting hillbilly teabaggers ... who were the defendants and who were the assassins ?

Captain Obvious
05-22-2014, 07:36 PM
Well, let's use Bundy Ranch as an example ... if the BLM called in Big Govt. Gunships and massacred all the gun-toting hillbilly teabaggers ... who were the defendants and who were the assassins ?

So the issue is to let the good guys possess guns because the bad guys will always have them?

Glad we're in agreement on this one.

The Xl
05-22-2014, 07:37 PM
But, how? I thought they banned weapons in the restaurant.

Professor Peabody
05-22-2014, 11:01 PM
But, how? I thought they banned weapons in the restaurant.

They were!!! I have already requested permission to put underware vending machines in all their restaurants. To replace the chonies of the folks that crapped their underpants/panties. Size 34 BVD's please!

Polecat
05-24-2014, 08:07 AM
Like i said, if you're going to carry, you should have to be tested and pass a state-approved gun training and safety course and issued a card as proof. No test, no card, no gun. Too many people don't know anything more about the gun they're holding than the fact that they put money down to get it.

On the surface that sounds reasonable. In practice however you would find it to be a colossal waste. Much like the process now in place to issue drivers license so only qualified drivers operate vehicles on our roads.