PDA

View Full Version : Obama, the unaccountable president

pjohns
05-24-2014, 09:08 PM
Frankly, I have numerous complaints as concerning President Obama--many of them having to do with his leftist policy preferences--but his lack of accountability is becoming especially irritating.

The Washington Times has called him out on this matter, in an editorial by Jason Curl.

It begins with a quote from Will Rogers:

All I know is just what I read in the papers, and that’s an alibi for my ignorance.

The article continues:

Has there ever been a president in the history of America who knew less than President Obama?

With each new crisis and scandal, Mr. Obama tells Americans that he just didn’t know.

He didn’t know the Veterans Administration was letting America’s veterans languish and die unattended — he learned about it in the newspaper.

He didn’t know the Justice Department was trolling phone records of members of the U.S. media. He didn’t know the ATF was running guns into Mexico; didn’t know the NSA was spying on the German chancellor; didn’t know the Obamacare website was a disaster; didn’t know the IRS was targeting conservative groups.

With every scandal, the president — the CEO of the United States, if you will — said he first learned about it in the papers. If he were head of Apple or IBM, he’d have been fired years ago, because in business, it’s your job to know, and ignorance is, frankly, even worse than failing. Fail = fired.

Each time Mr. Obama is faced with a scandal, he does three things: First, he expresses outrage (he is, after all, a man only of words, not deeds); then, he blames his predecessor, George W. Bush; finally, he wraps the entire mess up in bureaucratic red tape — a blue-ribbon investigation.

Here is a link to the full article: CURL: Obama, the unaccountable president - Washington Times (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/21/curl-obama-unaccountable-president/)

Would anyone disagree that this is President Obama's modus operandi?

Peter1469
05-25-2014, 02:52 AM
By and large the media lets him get away with it. See if this story is picked up by the main stream news.

patrickt
05-25-2014, 06:19 AM
Let's him get away with it? The media is far more complicit than that.

pjohns
05-25-2014, 02:32 PM
There is a cartoon of President Obama watching TV--a TV that is on the fritz--that I saw just today. In it, President Obama exclaims, "What do you mean you can't fix it...??? How the hell am I going to know what's going on in this country!?!?!?"

donttread
05-26-2014, 08:18 AM
Frankly, I have numerous complaints as concerning President Obama--many of them having to do with his leftist policy preferences--but his lack of accountability is becoming especially irritating.

The Washington Times has called him out on this matter, in an editorial by Jason Curl.

The article continues:

Here is a link to the full article: CURL: Obama, the unaccountable president - Washington Times (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/21/curl-obama-unaccountable-president/)

The entire Donkephant is never held collectively accountable for ever

lynn
05-26-2014, 08:43 PM
When the masses start demanding accountability in our government, nothing is going to change but get far worse. I don't know how any of you feel but I am sick and tired of all the lies, the lack of consequences of political leaders actions, and so on.

Professor Peabody
05-27-2014, 12:02 PM

The article continues:

Loss of short term memory maybe?