PDA

View Full Version : Romney Sweeps DC, Maryland, and Wisconsin but Santorum Vows to Fight On

Conley
04-04-2012, 11:15 AM
Mitt Romney has taken a stride closer to the Republican presidential nomination by winning primaries in Wisconsin, Maryland and Washington DC.

He routed his main rival Rick Santorum in Maryland, winning nearly 50% of the vote, and appeared set for a five-point victory in Wisconsin.

Mr Santorum, who has faced calls to bow out of the race in the name of party unity, defiantly vowed to fight on.

The eventual winner will face Barack Obama in November's election.

President Obama attacked Mr Romney earlier on Tuesday in the latest sign that he views the former Massachusetts governor as his November election opponent.

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and Texas Congressman Ron Paul trailed far behind in the primary results.

In Washington DC, where Mr Santorum was not on the ballot, Mr Romney took 70% of the vote.

The three-state win meant Mr Romney took home some 83 nominating delegates, substantially increasing his lead over Mr Santorum, whose poor showing gained him just six delegates, the Associated Press projected.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17606482

The new totals: Romney with 655, Santorum with 278. It's still not as large of a gap as one would think, due mostly to the length of this race IMO. Perhaps the presumed damage it is causing to the presumptive GOP winner will lead to some reform of the primary and caucus system.

Mainecoons
04-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Santorum needs to go away so that we can proceed to have our historic contest between Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee!

Conley
04-04-2012, 12:27 PM
:laugh: I fear Santorum is Tweedle Three to your Tweedle Dee.

dadakarma
04-04-2012, 12:30 PM
:laugh: I fear Santorum is Tweedle Three to your Tweedle Dee.

Santorum is a sexually-repressed whack job but the fundies love him.

I love the divide he creates in the GOP. Hello idiots! :rofl:

Conley
04-04-2012, 12:33 PM
I wouldn't assume he's sexually-repressed. I'm sure you're familiar with the multiple instances of some of these guys' sex lives ending up on the front page. Really I don't give two whits what his sex life is like, I just don't want him trying to legislate mine.

dadakarma
04-04-2012, 12:35 PM
I wouldn't assume he's sexually-repressed. I'm sure you're familiar with the multiple instances of some of these guys' sex lives ending up on the front page. Really I don't give two whits what his sex life is like, I just don't want him trying to legislate mine.

I don't care about it, either. But they manage to warp and pervert themselves because their dogma interferes with their human instincts and they take it out on the rest of us. That's why they try to legislate ours - it's part of their own silly "atonement". LOL

dadakarma
04-04-2012, 03:28 PM
Santorum's certifiable. The guy is fixated on homosexuality. Mr. Man-On-Dog has lost it. :)

Rick Santorum is a lunatic who really needs to do some soul-searching about why he hates gays so much. Check out this robocall, which was run in Ohio and now Wisconsin by third party "independent supporters." I'm guessing it's one they'll use in Pennsylvania too. Here's what it says:

When you vote tomorrow, vote for social sanity and Rick Santorum, not homosexuality and Mitt Romney. Rick Santorum is the only candidate who can be trusted to uphold traditional marriage, a straight military, and the rights of American children to have both a mother and a father.

http://crooksandliars.com/karoli/rick-santorums-awful-homophobic-horrible-na

Hide your children from Romney! Yikes!!

:rofl:

tinkerbell
04-06-2012, 01:31 PM
We are done for if Santorum continues his assault on the republican party. I believe he will take a huge political hit. He needs to bow out gracefully. JMO

keyser soze
04-06-2012, 03:32 PM
He's already out of a job for his hinkyness and bad governing. He never turned anything down.

Mainecoons
04-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Hinkyness. I like that. It's a good description of Santorum. In fact, it's a good description of a lot of them.

:grin:

Captain Obvious
04-06-2012, 05:50 PM
http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2012/04/04/darkow_custom.jpg?t=1333568986&s=4

Conley
04-06-2012, 05:55 PM
:laugh: Awesome.