PDA

View Full Version : Should Obama Increase Deportations of Illegal Aliens ?

protectionist
05-28-2014, 08:47 AM
Should Obama Increase Deportations of Illegal Aliens ? There has been talk of decreasing deportation of illegal aliens. There even has been talk of eliminating deportation alltogether, and giving illegal aliens amnesty.

In 1954, huge numbers of illegal aliens were deported under the program of President Eisenhower and Gen. Joseph Swing, called "Operation Wetback". *** Immigration agents went house to house in Southwestern states, hunting down illegals, arresting them and deporting them. Huge numbers more fled back to Mexico.

Some say, if Ike and Swing were here now, they would do the same thing all over again, and illegal residency would be stopped quickly. I tend to agree. I think the open borders crowd (a motley collection of vested interest supporters of illegal immigration) probably agree also, except they would never say so. Instead. they pretend that mass deportation could not occur, and recommend what they laughably call "comprehensive immigration reform".

Only trouble is, this amnesty they support isn't "reform" one iota. It is nothing but a means of legalizing millions of illegal aliens who by various ways, perform some kind of function helpful to THEM,, while negatively impacting all the rest (great majority) of the rest of the American people.

Obama is obviously leaning toward DECREASING deportations, and recently has made it easier for illegal aliens to remain in the US. Here's another question. Has there been a lack of opposition to Obama's leniency ? If so, why ?

*** Officially, just over 2.1 million were recorded as having been deported or having departed under threat of deportation, in the 1954 Operation Wetback (more than any other president)

Hoover, Truman & Ike: Mass Deporters? (http://www.factcheck.org/2010/07/hoover-truman-ike-mass-deporters/)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Wetback

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Wetback)http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/april_2014/52_say_u_s_not_aggressive_enough_in_deportations_1 4_say_too_aggressive

Captain Obvious
05-28-2014, 08:49 AM
Great topic, this should be good.

protectionist
05-28-2014, 09:10 AM
Great topic, this should be good.

I added a 3rd link at the bottom. Check it out.

zelmo1234
05-28-2014, 09:15 AM
It is of course a two fold problem, #1 is that they have come here illegally and #2 the companies are hiring and paying them to work here!

So the solution is not to reward people for breaking the law on either side.

Here is my idea!

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2013/05/the-fiscal-cost-of-unlawful-immigrants-and-amnesty-to-the-us-taxpayer

I just went to the first site for sake of argument so the figures could change and I did not read that article just needed a starting figure

It is estimated that a illegal cost the tax payers just shy of 25K plus lets say 5K to deport them. so 30K

If they are caught illegally, they should be deported with there family. lets say they have 1 child. so the business that was employing them would pay 75K in fines and the family would have any assets confiscated up to the 15K in deportation costs. If they don't have the money they would be sent to a tent village and be forced to build the fence between the boarder until they have worked off the 15K for deportation

Just as if the employer did not have the money to pay his fines he or she would be required to work off the debt!

Now you have a system that will ally pressure from all sides. the fence is being built, making it harder to immigrate illegally, the worker that is trying to make money is risking loosing it all, and the employer is facing massive fines for the savings in labor! And the US taxpayer is being paid back for their investment!

The last step would be to invoke a tariff on all good from Mexico if they did not take steps to #1 punish those returning from deportation and #2 try and stop the border crossing from there side All the money collected from this tariff would be put into immigration enforcement

protectionist
05-28-2014, 09:25 AM
It is of course a two fold problem, #1 is that they have come here illegally and #2 the companies are hiring and paying them to work here!

So the solution is not to reward people for breaking the law on either side.

Here is my idea!

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2013/05/the-fiscal-cost-of-unlawful-immigrants-and-amnesty-to-the-us-taxpayer

I just went to the first site for sake of argument so the figures could change and I did not read that article just needed a starting figure

It is estimated that a illegal cost the tax payers just shy of 25K plus lets say 5K to deport them. so 30K

If they are caught illegally, they should be deported with there family. lets say they have 1 child. so the business that was employing them would pay 75K in fines and the family would have any assets confiscated up to the 15K in deportation costs. If they don't have the money they would be sent to a tent village and be forced to build the fence between the boarder until they have worked off the 15K for deportation

Just as if the employer did not have the money to pay his fines he or she would be required to work off the debt!

Now you have a system that will ally pressure from all sides. the fence is being built, making it harder to immigrate illegally, the worker that is trying to make money is risking loosing it all, and the employer is facing massive fines for the savings in labor! And the US taxpayer is being paid back for their investment!

The last step would be to invoke a tariff on all good from Mexico if they did not take steps to #1 punish those returning from deportation and #2 try and stop the border crossing from there side All the money collected from this tariff would be put into immigration enforcement

Although a little lenient, these are all good steps in the right direction. I would advocate jail time for emploers in addition to fines, and strong threat of military action against Mexico, if they don't stop invading us with their cheap, labor "troops".

http://www.usmessageboard.com/usmb-badlands/322178-brief-expose-of-the-mexican-invasion-of-the-united-states-1950-2012-a.html

protectionist
05-28-2014, 09:54 AM
It might be noted that we've heard a lot about Obama having deported more illegal aliens than any other president. This is absurd. First, In George W. Bush's 8 years, he deported 2 million (that's more than Obama so far). On average, Obama (not yet in office for 8 years) has deported more than Bush.

But both of these do-nothings are pale in comparison to Eisenhower, who, during operation Wetback, deported more illegal aliens (2.1 million) in two months, than Bush did in 8 years.

momsapplepie
05-28-2014, 10:08 AM
drop them all off near mexico's southern border. At least it would take them some time to work their way across to get back to our border to try to jump again.

Venus
05-28-2014, 11:05 AM
Should Obama Increase Deportations of Illegal Aliens ?

Yes

Throw Justin Beiber in the pile also.

The Sage of Main Street
05-28-2014, 12:04 PM
Should Obama Increase Deportations of Illegal Aliens ? There has been talk of decreasing deportation of illegal aliens. There even has been talk of eliminating deportation alltogether, and giving illegal aliens amnesty.

In 1954, huge numbers of illegal aliens were deported under the program of President Eisenhower and Gen. Joseph Swing, called "Operation Wetback". *** Immigration agents went house to house in Southwestern states, hunting down illegals, arresting them and deporting them. Huge numbers more fled back to Mexico.

Some say, if Ike and Swing were here now, they would do the same thing all over again, and illegal residency would be stopped quickly. I tend to agree. I think the open borders crowd (a motley collection of vested interest supporters of illegal immigration) probably agree also, except they would never say so. Instead. they pretend that mass deportation could not occur, and recommend what they laughably call "comprehensive immigration reform".

Only trouble is, this amnesty they support isn't "reform" one iota. It is nothing but a means of legalizing millions of illegal aliens who by various ways, perform some kind of function helpful to THEM,, while negatively impacting all the rest (great majority) of the rest of the American people.

Obama is obviously leaning toward DECREASING deportations, and recently has made it easier for illegal aliens to remain in the US. Here's another question. Has there been a lack of opposition to Obama's leniency ? If so, why ?

*** Officially, just over 2.1 million were recorded as having been deported or having departed under threat of deportation, in the 1954 Operation Wetback (more than any other president)

Hoover, Truman & Ike: Mass Deporters? (http://www.factcheck.org/2010/07/hoover-truman-ike-mass-deporters/)

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Wetback)http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/april_2014/52_say_u_s_not_aggressive_enough_in_deportations_1 4_say_too_aggressive Look at how well the rich live in Mexico. Our ruling class of thieves and traitors would love to have us as slavish and cowardly escapist as the Mexican peons. These practically pureblood Indians come from tribes that gutlessly submitted to the Aztecs using them for human sacrifice.

The Sage of Main Street
05-28-2014, 12:10 PM
Confiscate any business that hires them, without compensation. I'd even give citizenship to any illegal who participated in the sting. The employees can run the business until a new businessman buys the property.

Cigar
05-28-2014, 12:12 PM
drop them all off near mexico's southern border. At least it would take them some time to work their way across to get back to our border to try to jump again.

Sounds like a really good Republican 2014 Campaign Commercial :laugh:

Professor Peabody
05-28-2014, 12:27 PM

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Wetback)http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/april_2014/52_say_u_s_not_aggressive_enough_in_deportations_1 4_say_too_aggressive

It's just not necessary to spend the money on deportation.

Arizona Seeing Signs of Flight by Immigrants

By RANDAL C. ARCHIBOLD

PHOENIX — The signs of flight among Latino immigrants here are multiple: Families moving out of apartment complexes, schools reporting enrollment drops, business owners complaining about fewer clients.

The Arizona economy, heavily dependent on growth and a Latino work force, has been slowing for months. Meanwhile, the state has enacted one of the country’s toughest laws to punish employers who hire illegal immigrants, and the county sheriff here in Phoenix has been enforcing federal immigration laws by rounding up people living here illegally.

“The desired effect was, we don’t have the red carpet out for illegal aliens,” Mr. Pearce said, adding that while “most of these are good people” they are a “tremendous burden” on public services.

Several school districts in heavily Latino areas have reported sudden drops in enrollment. Official explanations are elusive because school officials have not been able to interview families about why they left, but, anecdotally, people point to the sour economy and the immigration crackdown among other factors.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/12/us/12arizona.html?pagewanted=print

Simply remove their ability to work with eVerify AND making the penalty for employers so high, they will just say NO. Then do the same for public benefits including jail time for any Government workers who fails to do his/her job properly and grants benefits to illegals. They WILL go home on their own.

Mainecoons
05-28-2014, 12:48 PM
Sure. Let's start with him.

:rofl:

protectionist
05-28-2014, 03:56 PM

That's exactly what they did in Operation Wetback, using ships going all the way to the Mexican southern border with Belize (then called British Honduras).

protectionist
05-28-2014, 04:00 PM
Confiscate any business that hires them, without compensation. I'd even give citizenship to any illegal who participated in the sting. The employees can run the business until a new businessman buys the property.

Arizona always seems to be ahead of everyone else when it comes to illegal immigration. On May 26, 2011, the US Supreme Court upheld Arizona’s 2007 law that required the use of E-Verify by Arizona employers, punishable by suspension or revocation of the employer’s business license.

Perianne
05-28-2014, 04:14 PM
Sounds like a really good Republican 2014 Campaign Commercial :laugh:
Cigar, you are full of poopoo sometimes, but you do come up with some zingers!

Mainecoons
05-28-2014, 04:30 PM
Canada has taken their usual common sense approach to this problem, making it possible for people to work legally while at the same time making it very expensive for businesses to hire illegals.

And as usual, the U.S. Federal government is a failure. Maybe we need to increase their bonuses.

The Sage of Main Street
05-29-2014, 12:09 PM
Arizona always seems to be ahead of everyone else when it comes to illegal immigration. On May 26, 2011, the US Supreme Court upheld Arizona’s 2007 law that required the use of E-Verify by Arizona employers, punishable by suspension or revocation of the employer’s business license.
He can still sell the property. Since businessmen are dumb jock bullies, they probably couldn't make any money without cheap un-unionizable labor, so they'd come out ahead.

zelmo1234
05-29-2014, 12:51 PM
He can still sell the property. Since businessmen are dumb jock bullies, they probably couldn't make any money without cheap un-unionizable labor, so they'd come out ahead.

Are you ever going to put any proof behind your BS! or did a Jock just steal your wife and put you out of business? where is the hate of success coming from?

darroll
05-29-2014, 08:29 PM
Have you ever saw a white or black guy doing yard work? Farm labor?
Now these people are working themselves up to flipping burgers at Mc Donald's.

zelmo1234
05-29-2014, 08:30 PM
The Americans won't do the jobs is bull shit

If you want them to do the jobs? cut there welfare off, then if there is still work to do?

create a decent guest worker program

Matty
05-29-2014, 08:32 PM

My husband is a white man. He does yard work every day. Grow tomatoes too. And, he picks them. My job is to slice them and eat them.

zelmo1234
05-29-2014, 08:34 PM
I love fresh vine ripe tomato's. is it Aug yet (that is when they start coming our of my garden)

Matty
05-29-2014, 08:35 PM
I love fresh vine ripe tomato's. is it Aug yet (that is when they start coming our of my garden)

You must be North of the Mason-Dixon Line.

zelmo1234
05-29-2014, 08:38 PM
You must be North of the Mason-Dixon Line.

Michigan!

momsapplepie
05-29-2014, 09:41 PM
yes. Obama should stop thwarting federal law for political gain. He took an oath to uphold the laws not pick and chose which ones he wants to apply.

protectionist
05-31-2014, 07:59 PM

We already thought twice. Go home, foreign invaders. Have you ever seen a Mexican doing the real hard, dirty, and dangerous work ? Coal mining ? Firefighting ? Troops in Afghanistan ?

Yard work ? HA HA. Little kids do that. Farm labor ? Piece of cake. Try building an M4T6 bridge some time. US Army Corps of Engineers do that.

ChoppedLiver
05-31-2014, 08:46 PM
Right after the planes plowed into the World Trade Center, there was a big, BIG influx of people, mostly Mexicans, crossing the southern border... going SOUTH!

:cool:

protectionist
08-22-2014, 01:46 PM
There need to be an even bigger movement of Mexicans going to Mexico. Like about 10 million of them. Operation Wetback II is what's needed > NOW.

Peter1469
08-22-2014, 03:30 PM
I would settle with now.

protectionist
08-22-2014, 03:43 PM
I would settle with now.

Huh ???

Peter1469
08-22-2014, 04:40 PM
Huh ???

As opposed to NOW.

Stop with the CAPS, please.