PDA

View Full Version : Your Dead Kids Don't Trump' My Guns

Cigar
05-28-2014, 12:31 PM
Samuel Wurzelbacher gave his condolences this week to the families of the victims of the mass shooting near the University of California, Santa Barbara. But no tragedy is going to stop "Joe The Plumber" from defending the Second Amendment.

In an open letter published Tuesday on the website Barbwire (http://barbwire.com/2014/05/27/open-letter-parents-victims-murdered-elliot-rodger/), Wurzelbacher went out of his way to explain to the victims' parents that the deaths won't undermine his "Constitutional rights."

"I am sorry you lost your child. I myself have a son and daughter and the one thing I never want to go through, is what you are going through now," wrote Wurzelbacher, who became something of a mascot for John McCain's failed 2008 presidential campaign. "But: As harsh as this sounds – your dead kids don’t trump my Constitutional rights."

Wurzelbacher singled out Richard Martinez, whose son Christopher was one of the six students killed by Elliot Rodger in Isla Vista, Calif. Since the deadly rampage, Martinez has twice railed against politicians and the National Rifle Association for the failure to pass new gun laws after the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre.

-snip-

Read more: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/joe-the-plumber-wurzelbacher-ucsb-shooting-dead-kids

Nothing to add, Joe speaks clearly. :wink:

Alyosha
05-28-2014, 12:32 PM
Uh huh. Don't blame people, blame inanimate objects. Got it.

Kalkin
05-28-2014, 12:33 PM
The kids are already dead and my guns had nothing to do with it.

Cigar
05-28-2014, 12:35 PM
The kids are already dead and my guns had nothing to do with it.

I guess the same could be said if you were in the same spot ... :wink:

Codename Section
05-28-2014, 12:35 PM
Do car deaths trump your right to drive?

zelmo1234
05-28-2014, 12:36 PM
What about the ones that were killed with the knife? or am I thinking of a different shooting? Are they less dead than the ones that were shot?

Just wondering?

Spectre
05-28-2014, 12:36 PM
Martinez was wrong, but we should cut him some slack for a while, under the circumstances. His outbursts should be greeted with slightly embarrassed but compassionate silence.

If, later on, he makes a second career of this, accompanied by automatic tears and sobbing in a liberal gun-banning road show, THEN he is fair game.

Ethereal
05-28-2014, 12:37 PM
Martinez has twice railed against politicians and the National Rifle Association for the failure to pass new gun laws after the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre.

If infringing the natural rights of law-abiding citizens kept children safe, then Chicago and Washington DC would be the safest cities in the country.

Professor Peabody
05-28-2014, 12:38 PM
3 of the 6 were stabbed to death with a knife.

Cigar
05-28-2014, 12:38 PM

Do you have to get a drivers license, plates, ware a seat belt, drive under speed limits ... should I continue or can you get it now? :laugh:

BOOM ..... that was easy .... NEXT! :laugh:

midcan5
05-28-2014, 12:39 PM
Guns are the crack of the partisan hacks. Courage is an imaginary passion for them and thus the gun huggers cling to the source of their only strength, an empty bravado. They are like a child with its blankee who cries when separated. Drugs, even when they are hard metal talismans of courage are not something the frightened can part with. They have come to represent freedom for the unfree, teetered as they are to the gun lobby and the NRA, and a gross misrepresentation of the 2nd amendment. They need their fix and their fix is an object of imaginary security, an object that gives meaning to a senselessness that only programmed Americans can believe is real. Oh and I laugh that the NRA removed the word 'militia' from their retard headquarters.

"In 1991, Warren E. Burger, the conservative chief justice of the Supreme Court, was interviewed on the MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour about the meaning of the Second Amendment's "right to keep and bear arms." Burger answered that the Second Amendment "has been the subject of one of the greatest pieces of fraud--I repeat the word 'fraud'--on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime." In a speech in 1992, Burger declared that "the Second Amendment doesn't guarantee the right to have firearms at all. "In his view, the purpose of the Second Amendment was "to ensure that the 'state armies'--'the militia'--would be maintained for the defense of the state."

darroll
05-28-2014, 12:39 PM
A gun a a knife turned him into a nut.
Ban nuts.

Alyosha
05-28-2014, 12:41 PM
Guns are the crack of the partisan hacks. Courage is an imaginary passion for them and thus the gun huggers cling to the source of their only strength, an empty bravado. They are like a child with its blankee who cries when separated. Drugs, even when they are hard metal talismans of courage are not something the frightened can part with. They have come to represent freedom for the unfree, teetered as they are to the gun lobby and the NRA, and a gross misrepresentation of the 2nd amendment. They need their fix and their fix is an object of imaginary security, an object that gives meaning to a senselessness that only programmed Americans can believe is real. Oh and I laugh that the NRA removed the word 'militia' from their retard headquarters.

"In 1991, Warren E. Burger, the conservative chief justice of the Supreme Court, was interviewed on the MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour about the meaning of the Second Amendment's "right to keep and bear arms." Burger answered that the Second Amendment "has been the subject of one of the greatest pieces of fraud--I repeat the word 'fraud'--on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime." In a speech in 1992, Burger declared that "the Second Amendment doesn't guarantee the right to have firearms at all. "In his view, the purpose of the Second Amendment was "to ensure that the 'state armies'--'the militia'--would be maintained for the defense of the state."

LOL shut up.

Spectre
05-28-2014, 12:41 PM

Drunk so early in the day?

Professor Peabody
05-28-2014, 12:42 PM
Do you have to get a drivers license, plates, ware a seat belt, drive under speed limits ... should I continue or can you get it now? :laugh:

BOOM ..... that was easy .... NEXT! :laugh:

I agree with you about something Ceegar. Guns should NOT be available from vending machines in Motel hallways. But, we both know buying a gun is a lot more complicated than that don't we.

Kalkin
05-28-2014, 12:42 PM
I guess the same could be said if you were in the same spot ... :wink:
You guess correctly. Even if I was an eye witness to the killings, my guns would have nothing to do with it.

Cigar
05-28-2014, 12:43 PM
:grin:

Kalkin
05-28-2014, 12:43 PM
Does dying of old age trump your right to grow old?

Alyosha
05-28-2014, 12:46 PM
Does their right to mandate health insurance for everyone trump my right to save for my kids college--?

Oh. :(

Well, I'm embarrassed now.

Ethereal
05-28-2014, 12:46 PM
It's Mr. Martinez's misplaced faith in the state which encourages the kind of complacency that leads to mass killings in the first place. The truth is that only an armed and vigilante citizenry can protect people from random acts of violence. Fixating on state-based solutions will only exacerbate the problem.

Kalkin
05-28-2014, 12:47 PM
Does their right to mandate health insurance for everyone trump my right to save for my kids college--?

Oh. :(

Well, I'm embarrassed now.
You have kids? That's not evil. I rescind my offer.

Alyosha
05-28-2014, 12:48 PM
You have kids? That's not evil. I rescind my offer.

Not yet, but I fully intend to spawn an evil army.

Ethereal
05-28-2014, 12:49 PM

Burger is clearly a moron or a liar because the purpose of the Bill of RIGHTS should be bleeding obvious to anyone with a basic understanding of American history and law, or English, for that matter.

Kalkin
05-28-2014, 12:49 PM
Of pumpkins, hopefully. We're back on.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f39/object47/1-59.jpg

Captain Obvious
05-28-2014, 12:50 PM

Is that a proposition?

Alyosha
05-28-2014, 12:50 PM
It's Mr. Martinez's misplaced faith in the state which encourages the kind of complacency that leads to mass killings in the first place. The truth is that only an armed and vigilante citizenry can protect people from random acts of violence. Fixating on state-based solutions will only exacerbate the problem.

Absolutely true, smoopyity-smoopums.

Alyosha
05-28-2014, 12:51 PM
Of pumpkins, hopefully. We're back on.

I smash pumpkins, that's how evil I am!

Kalkin
05-28-2014, 12:55 PM
I smash pumpkins, that's how evil I am!
Bring it.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f39/object47/mordentania.jpg

del
05-28-2014, 01:18 PM

on the contrary, the truth is that nothing can protect you from random acts of violence

nada, zero, zip.

del
05-28-2014, 01:21 PM
Is that a proposition?

no, that is a pronoun

and you misspelled preposition

Alyosha
05-28-2014, 01:33 PM
on the contrary, the truth is that nothing can protect you from random acts of violence

nada, zero, zip.

Guns can. Someone can jump out and someone can shoot his random ass. Happens all across the US every day. Protecting yourself is less likely without a weapon. Much harder to defend yourself against a would be rapist if you only have a banana handy.

Ethereal
05-28-2014, 01:37 PM

nada, zero, zip.

Then how did I make it out of Iraq alive?

Alyosha
05-28-2014, 01:38 PM

Magick.

The Sage of Main Street
05-28-2014, 01:39 PM

nada, zero, zip. The potential killer having a reasonable fear of being shot himself will change his mind. That's the way you will be protected.

I wonder if the survivors feel, "If only the killer hadn't been able to get a gun." Or do they feel angry at having being helpless ducks in a shooting gallery and say, "If only I had had a gun"? Which way typical Americans feel will determine whether we survive as a civilized society.

Alyosha
05-28-2014, 01:47 PM
You have to be some serious kind of stupid to think that preventing people who are lawful enough to buy a gun from a legitimate location will stop gun violence from happening to you.

Because criminals, murderers especially, are so law abiding that they'd never get guns off the street or make a bomb.

del
05-28-2014, 01:48 PM

look up random and get back to me

Alyosha
05-28-2014, 01:50 PM
look up random and get back to me

So the violence in Iraq was expected? I didn't realize that we knew where all the bad guys were. Why the fuck didn't we just drop a bomb on all of them and be done with it?

Kalkin
05-28-2014, 02:18 PM
Guns can. Someone can jump out and someone can shoot his random ass. Happens all across the US every day. Protecting yourself is less likely without a weapon. Much harder to defend yourself against a would be rapist if you only have a banana handy.

Libhater
05-28-2014, 03:40 PM
What about the ones that were killed with the knife? or am I thinking of a different shooting? Are they less dead than the ones that were shot?

Just wondering?

Yeah, and Bob posted somewhere about Jerry Remy the Boston Red Sox announcer's son going to prison for life for murdering his wife with a knife. Nary a word from the lefties here and from the lame stream lefty media as to making a fuss about banning those deadly killing knives. Go figure!

del
05-28-2014, 03:48 PM
So the violence in Iraq was expected? I didn't realize that we knew where all the bad guys were. Why the fuck didn't we just drop a bomb on all of them and be done with it?

a better question would be why didn't we stay the fuck out?

but, yeah, strangely enough, violence is to be expected in a war zone

shocker, innit?

del
05-28-2014, 03:50 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqISLI2UQMY

Perianne
05-28-2014, 04:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqISLI2UQMY

What is the world was that? lol...banana fighting.

momsapplepie
05-28-2014, 04:30 PM
Gun laws only effect people who follow the law. How many criminals follow the law? Do you think a criminal really gives a rats ass about following gun laws?

sachem
05-28-2014, 04:36 PM
Samuel Wurzelbacher gave his condolences this week to the families of the victims of the mass shooting near the University of California, Santa Barbara. But no tragedy is going to stop "Joe The Plumber" from defending the Second Amendment.

In an open letter published Tuesday on the website Barbwire (http://barbwire.com/2014/05/27/open-letter-parents-victims-murdered-elliot-rodger/), Wurzelbacher went out of his way to explain to the victims' parents that the deaths won't undermine his "Constitutional rights."

"I am sorry you lost your child. I myself have a son and daughter and the one thing I never want to go through, is what you are going through now," wrote Wurzelbacher, who became something of a mascot for John McCain's failed 2008 presidential campaign. "But: As harsh as this sounds – your dead kids don’t trump my Constitutional rights."

Wurzelbacher singled out Richard Martinez, whose son Christopher was one of the six students killed by Elliot Rodger in Isla Vista, Calif. Since the deadly rampage, Martinez has twice railed against politicians and the National Rifle Association for the failure to pass new gun laws after the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre.

-snip-

Read more: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/joe-the-plumber-wurzelbacher-ucsb-shooting-dead-kids

Nothing to add, Joe speaks clearly. :wink:There is a time and place for everything. This was ill timed.

Polecat
05-28-2014, 04:41 PM
It don't take a gun to kill children. Just a broken mind.

Peter1469
05-28-2014, 05:01 PM
The media is already dropping this story since it doesn't indict guns, but rather insanity, permissive liberal upbringing, and Hollywood. Refresh your email Cigar so you get the message to drop this.

-snip-

Blackrook
05-28-2014, 07:36 PM
The parents warned the police about this insane young man but nothing was done. And that's because, thanks to the wonderful Constitutional lawyers at the ACLU, nothing can be done about the insane, until they've already hurt or killed someone and it's too late to stop it.

donttread
05-28-2014, 08:22 PM

-snip-

Gun control creates mass shootings just as "drug control" creates OD's

Don
05-28-2014, 08:35 PM
The world is full of nuts and I will use every tool I can to defend myself against them.

http://toolmonger.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/Dewalt-16-Side.jpg

MrJimmyDale
05-29-2014, 09:49 AM
The parents warned the police about this insane young man but nothing was done. They were too busy with the "War on Drugs"

texan
05-29-2014, 04:14 PM
This is all about white priveledge.