PDA

View Full Version : What is the 'Obama Doctrine'?

Libhater
05-29-2014, 11:54 AM
No, its not a trick question just because 'Doctrine' implies policy, thought and principles--all of which are noticeably absent from the Obama administration.

Many liberal journalists were asked what is the 'Obama Doctrine', and while they all hammered and stammered--not one could produce a clear answer or a clear 'Doctrine'.

Perhaps there are some lefties here that could give us their understanding to the 'Obama Doctrine' since he himself has failed to do. If not, I'll leave you with a link that might help you see some of his promises and some of his accomplishments to date.

http://solutions.heritage.org/the-obama-doctrine/

Mainecoons
05-29-2014, 11:56 AM
Go on rich vacations on the taxpayer and play a lot of golf?

Remember, Bush senior ("read my lips") was mainly known for enjoying flying on Air Force 1 and riding a speed boat.

Obama wasn't the first to take advantage of the job to get someone else to pay for his million dollar play times.

He's just the worst.

Captain Obvious
05-29-2014, 11:58 AM

Remember, Bush senior ("read my lips") was mainly known for enjoying flying on Air Force 1 and riding a speed boat.

Obama wasn't the first to take advantage of the job to get someone else to pay for his million dollar play times.

He's just the worst.

No but to suggest that this is specific to one party and not the other is kind of a joke.

It just shows how idiotically naive we are that we refuse to see this.

Chris
05-29-2014, 11:59 AM
His doctrine is to give a speech that sounds all high falutin' but is just empty rhetoric.

Matty
05-29-2014, 12:04 PM
His doctrine is to do things in the Chicago way. To create, scandal and crisis, to refuse to respond to questioning, to lie, to obfuscate, to stonewall, to investigate yo never be accountable, and in general be the biggest pain in the ass the world has ever seen.

Mainecoons
05-29-2014, 12:07 PM

He's just the worst.

del
05-29-2014, 12:10 PM
he doesn't have one

that's the problem

Peter1469
05-29-2014, 12:23 PM
There has been no clear Obama doctrine to date. However, he is putting military force behind other options when dealing with the world (which is good). He is strengthening alliances along the Russian borderlands without rushing into a crazy war, which is good.

But in his public speeches he comes across as a pajama-boy (http://www.pajamagram.com/collections/hoodie-footie.aspx). It seems as if he is spending more time in bed watching DVDs of TV series ahead of the American public. That's leadership to the modern dems.

zelmo1234
05-29-2014, 12:55 PM
I would say that the thing he has been most consistent on is weakening America on the world stage!

Do his doctrine would be a poor weak america

Peter1469
05-29-2014, 01:06 PM
I would say that the thing he has been most consistent on is weakening America on the world stage!

Do his doctrine would be a poor weak america

Outside of the public speeches and impressions they create, I think he is getting a lot right. And it is generally consistent with US posture since before WWI.

zelmo1234
05-29-2014, 01:53 PM
Outside of the public speeches and impressions they create, I think he is getting a lot right. And it is generally consistent with US posture since before WWI.

The only thing that I see him getting right is setting the situation for a real war! Sure we have done some things wrong, but now we are about to let history repeat itself!

On the economic front he has been a total and complete failure

So forgive me if I ask just what the hell is he doing right?

The Sage of Main Street
05-29-2014, 02:26 PM
No, it's not a trick question just because 'Doctrine' implies policy, thought and principles--all of which are noticeably absent from the Obama administration.

Many liberal journalists were asked what is the 'Obama Doctrine', and while they all hammered and stammered--not one could produce a clear answer or a clear 'Doctrine'.

Perhaps there are some lefties here who could give us their understanding of the 'Obama Doctrine' since he himself has failed to do that. If not, I'll leave you with a link that might help you see some of his promises and some of his accomplishments to date.

http://solutions.heritage.org/the-obama-doctrine/ It is a consistent attitude, although he is realistic enough to back down when faced with chronic CIA misjudgments. But then he tries it again somewhere else. Appeasement in the wrong place and busybodying in some other wrong place are as bad as the Neocons' goals of funding defense and nation-building industries, protecting sweatshops, and enhancing petrocratic price-gouging. With only incompetent but conceited bootlickers being allowed to become flunkies of the monolithic ruling class, expect continual foreign-policy disasters from both sides and also from the new batch of political toxic waste--the Libretardians.

Bob
05-29-2014, 02:38 PM
No but to suggest that this is specific to one party and not the other is kind of a joke.

It just shows how idiotically naive we are that we refuse to see this.

It stinks as an excuse for Obama.

Bush at least went home for his vacations. Seldom did he do the global bit in the name of vacation.

Even at his home in Waco, he still worked.

Name one time that Obama went home to his home in Chicago?

I remind you when a president is at his home, costs to protect him drop radically. It takes fewer security and no fleet of airplanes to service him when he is home.

Bob
05-29-2014, 02:40 PM
The only thing that I see him getting right is setting the situation for a real war! Sure we have done some things wrong, but now we are about to let history repeat itself!

I want to also know.

killianr1
05-29-2014, 02:44 PM
I am somewhat shocked that I have seen no mention of his true doctrine.

Obama's doctrine is using wealth redistribution to ensure electoral victories of his own party for generations to come. He is bankrupting the country financially, spiritually and of individual rights and freedoms.

That is pretty much the long and short of it. And this coming from a "libratardion" as mentioned above.

Bob
05-29-2014, 02:45 PM
There has been no clear Obama doctrine to date. However, he is putting military force behind other options when dealing with the world (which is good). He is strengthening alliances along the Russian borderlands without rushing into a crazy war, which is good.

But in his public speeches he comes across as a pajama-boy (http://www.pajamagram.com/collections/hoodie-footie.aspx). It seems as if he is spending more time in bed watching DVDs of TV series ahead of the American public. That's leadership to the modern dems.

OK, no doctrine. Who would he fight were he to want to use the military?

Not I nor the conservatives suggest he needs to fight wars. Neocons, whatever one thinks they are, do not control today nor during Bush things like that.

Pajama boy, yes. Narcissist, yes. Can't make up his mind. also yes. Bad decisions. Yes.

Take fuel prices since he arrived. Isn't is strange that upon his arrival the oil companies teed off on the public as to prices? Did Obama take any action? Not one bit. Fuel prices hit hardest the middle class who drive distances to work and the poor who can't drive much of anywhere.

Obama proves by Keystone that to him fuel in America is horseshit to him.

I can go on and on. But no, he stinks. Spending every day of our lives on TV may please him, but all it shows to me is he is always thinking of his next talk and not doing much good.

Peter1469
05-29-2014, 02:50 PM
I agree on the economic part.

As far as foriegn policy goes he is tracking what the US has always done.

Peter1469
05-29-2014, 02:51 PM
The discussion was about foreign policy....

I am somewhat shocked that I have seen no mention of his true doctrine.

Obama's doctrine is using wealth redistribution to ensure electoral victories of his own party for generations to come. He is bankrupting the country financially, spiritually and of individual rights and freedoms.

That is pretty much the long and short of it. And this coming from a "libratardion" as mentioned above.

Chris
05-29-2014, 02:52 PM
It stinks as an excuse for Obama.

Bush at least went home for his vacations. Seldom did he do the global bit in the name of vacation.

Even at his home in Waco, he still worked.

Name one time that Obama went home to his home in Chicago?

I remind you when a president is at his home, costs to protect him drop radically. It takes fewer security and no fleet of airplanes to service him when he is home.

And that is/was the intent of the presidential handlers, to present them as such to their base.

Common Sense
05-29-2014, 02:58 PM
I think he laid out his foreign policy doctrine pretty succinctly in his West Point address.

Chris
05-29-2014, 03:09 PM
I think he laid out his foreign policy doctrine pretty succinctly in his West Point address.

WaPo seemed to think differently: President Obama’s West Point speech reads like a takedown of Rand Paul (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/05/28/president-obamas-west-point-speech-reads-like-a-takedown-of-rand-paul/): "Read one way, President Obama's big-think speech on foreign policy delivered at West Point on Wednesday amounts to a point-by-point takedown of the worldview espoused by Kentucky Sen. (and all-but-announced 2016 presidential candidate) Rand Paul."

nathanbforrest45
05-29-2014, 03:11 PM

He's channeling FDR, Economic Depression followed by World War.

Peter1469
05-29-2014, 03:27 PM

It was a pitiful address to our future warriors. He is a narcissist and an embarrassment.

zelmo1234
05-29-2014, 03:30 PM
I agree on the economic part.

As far as foriegn policy goes he is tracking what the US has always done.

I don't agree, he is tracking what Jimmy Carter did! with his policies of apology and appeasement, but not what the USA has done.

In my lifetime Russia or the USSR has never openly laughed at the USA, not even under car

Peter1469
05-29-2014, 03:48 PM
I am OK with you not agreeing with me.

I don't agree, he is tracking what Jimmy Carter did! with his policies of apology and appeasement, but not what the USA has done.

In my lifetime Russia or the USSR has never openly laughed at the USA, not even under car

Common Sense
05-29-2014, 03:54 PM
It was a pitiful address to our future warriors. He is a narcissist and an embarrassment.

You're right...that's how the right sees him.

zelmo1234
05-29-2014, 04:01 PM

I guess that only about 25% stood and applauded when he finished. the rest sat on there hands.

I cant think of a President in my lifetime that did not have the respect of the community

Perianne
05-29-2014, 04:03 PM
I guess that only about 25% stood and applauded when he finished. the rest sat on there hands.

I cant think of a President in my lifetime that did not have the respect of the community

From what I have read, Clinton was not greatly respected by the military people.

Peter1469
05-29-2014, 04:05 PM
You're right...that's how the right sees him.

And the left is clueless about how a 22 yr old new LT going into the army thinks. Pajama-boy is a disgrace.

Peter1469
05-29-2014, 04:06 PM

Clinton didn't. The marines guarding his ass stopped saluting him.

zelmo1234
05-29-2014, 04:06 PM
From what I have read, Clinton was not greatly respected by the military people.

I would agree but at least they were not openly rude to him!

I would like to see Dr Ben Carson get the nominations for the Republicans! WE need a Black man in the Whitehouse that is not a complete failure!

Kalkin
05-29-2014, 04:17 PM
What is the 'Obama Doctrine'?
Wealth redistribution via government mandate.

Libhater
05-29-2014, 04:20 PM
Wealth redistribution via government mandate.

EXACTLY! Imagine what his legacy is going to look like.

Green Arrow
05-29-2014, 04:23 PM
The Obama Doctrine is the same as the Bush Jr., Clinton, Bush Sr., Reagan, Nixon, LBJ, Eisenhower, Truman, FDR, and Wilson Doctrines. Literally, he has done nothing different from Bush Jr.

Kalkin
05-29-2014, 04:25 PM
EXACTLY! Imagine what his legacy is going to look like.
Probably this:

Kalkin
05-29-2014, 04:26 PM
Literally, he has done nothing different from Bush Jr.
The fact that obamacare is law proves otherwise.

Refugee
05-29-2014, 05:24 PM
Obama did exactly what he told you he would. He kept his promises to you. He told you he'd fundamentally change America and he's put nearly a third of you on welfare and made you government dependent. That from a Marxist political activist with a Communist past is success.

Cigar
05-29-2014, 09:28 PM
No, its not a trick question just because 'Doctrine' implies policy, thought and principles--all of which are noticeably absent from the Obama administration.

Perhaps there are some lefties here that could give us their understanding to the 'Obama Doctrine' since he himself has failed to do. If not, I'll leave you with a link that might help you see some of his promises and some of his accomplishments to date.

http://solutions.heritage.org/the-obama-doctrine/

'Obama Doctrine' = Beat Republicans :laugh: Twice/Back-2-Back/Then Retire & Play Golf :grin: Victorious Forever

Green Arrow
05-30-2014, 04:22 AM
The fact that obamacare is law proves otherwise.

Obamacare is domestic policy. A President's "Doctrine" is foreign policy.

Peter1469
05-30-2014, 06:03 AM
'Obama Doctrine' = Beat Republicans :laugh: Twice/Back-2-Back/Then Retire & Play Golf :grin: Victorious Forever

What about performance? :smiley:

It is like bragging that you got dates with two super-models, but you didn't get any sex. :shocked:

Kalkin
05-30-2014, 11:25 AM
Obamacare is domestic policy. A President's "Doctrine" is foreign policy.
Destroying our economy cripples our international stature. The two are intertwined, as they always have been.

Green Arrow
05-30-2014, 04:10 PM
Destroying our economy cripples our international stature. The two are intertwined, as they always have been.

Sure, but for purposes of discussion they are separate.

Kalkin
05-30-2014, 04:15 PM
Sure, but for purposes of discussion they are separate.
Says you. I say otherwise.