PDA

View Full Version : Lucky spoilt America

Refugee
05-30-2014, 05:51 AM
Just a little short rant on . . . how lucky Americans really are.

You have rights protected by a constitution. You have welfare. You can criticise your government, or each other without fear of arrest; (Do you know some of the things said here would have you arrested in the UK and Europe)? You can own firearms, go hunting if that’s your thing, live where you like, work where you like . . . .

Where I work you would not own a firearm. You would not talk about religion and you would stand up straight before a flag raising ceremony, or go to a labour camp. (Burn the flag and you’d probably be beaten to death). Your job and education level would depend on who your father is, or if you’re lucky enough, party membership. You would have all the freedom someone else tells you that you can have . . . .

Its fine discussing alternatives, but the alternative to what you have is what I now teach.

Do some of you really want to pay me to teach your kids this, ‘comrades’?

7716 7717 7718

Matty
05-30-2014, 06:05 AM
It's not really that we're spoiled. It's that we have so many brave young men who gave their lives to keep us free. I just see flag burning as idiots crapping on the sacrifice those soldiers made.

Common Sense
05-30-2014, 07:14 AM
We are spoiled in the western world. Everything we have was made possible by the generations that came before us.

Many of us waste this opportunity on mindless crap. The inevitable consequence of success.

The Sage of Main Street
05-30-2014, 03:36 PM
It's not really that we're spoiled. It's that we have so many brave young men who gave their lives to keep us free. I just see flag burning as idiots crapping on the sacrifice those soldiers made. Suppose there was a Baptist Convention that had two factions disagreeing about a certain issue and put it up for a vote. What would it look like if the losing faction went out and burned the Bible in protest?

The Sage of Main Street
05-30-2014, 03:42 PM
We are spoiled in the western world. Everything we have was made possible by the generations that came before us.

Many of us waste this opportunity on mindless crap. The inevitable consequence of success. The ones really responsible push that lie to cover up their own guilt. I dare you to come up with a better explanation, one that has not been copied from the multiple choices of what we are told to think, restricting our independent judgment.

sachem
05-30-2014, 04:52 PM

Many of us waste this opportunity on mindless crap. The inevitable consequence of success.We are spoiled. And the proof is in how loudly we are allowed to complain. About everything.

Bob
05-30-2014, 05:14 PM
We are spoiled. And the proof is in how loudly we are allowed to complain. About everything.

What do you complain about and how loudly?

sachem
05-30-2014, 05:20 PM
What do you complain about and how loudly?Most of you. And quite loudly.

That's why I became a R.N. ;)

darroll
05-30-2014, 07:07 PM

You can criticise your government, or each other without fear of arrest; (Do you know some of the things said here would have you arrested in the UK and Europe)? You can own firearms, go hunting if that’s your thing, live where you like, work where you like . . . .

7716 7717 7718
You had better be careful with these people in power. Nuff said.

The Sage of Main Street
05-31-2014, 09:03 AM
You had better be careful with these people in power. Nuff said. There are two ways to do things; the rulers only tell you about one. By their mind control, they deafen our ability to listen. As broadcasting blasts away, any independent dissent is drowned out. Key lies are embedded as self-evident truths, based only on how many times we are told them. Free speech bounces off a solid wall of well-financed lies and is answered with echoes from the authorized nonsense.

donttread
05-31-2014, 09:19 AM

You have rights protected by a constitution. You have welfare. You can criticise your government, or each other without fear of arrest; (Do you know some of the things said here would have you arrested in the UK and Europe)? You can own firearms, go hunting if that’s your thing, live where you like, work where you like . . . .

Where I work you would not own a firearm. You would not talk about religion and you would stand up straight before a flag raising ceremony, or go to a labour camp. (Burn the flag and you’d probably be beaten to death). Your job and education level would depend on who your father is, or if you’re lucky enough, party membership. You would have all the freedom someone else tells you that you can have . . . .

Its fine discussing alternatives, but the alternative to what you have is what I now teach.

Do some of you really want to pay me to teach your kids this, ‘comrades’?

7716 7717 7718

We are so lucky and spoiled in fact that we have taken these rights for granted which is what allows bigdaddy.com to take them away. We are becoming more like the places you describe every day. I refer to my country as America however we are no longer "United States"