PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2011 Season.....FootBall Talk

MMC
07-30-2011, 11:12 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/saints-reach-deal-ingram-152657400.html
AP – 19 mins ago.....

METAIRIE, La. (AP) — The agent for Mark Ingram says the former Alabama Heisman Trophy running back has agreed to contract terms with the New Orleans Saints.
New England Patriots acquire Chad Ochocinco

New England Patriots trade for Albert Haynesworth

Miami Dolphins acquire Reggie Bush

Minnesota Vikings trade for Donovan McNabb

Seattle Seahawks acquire former Vikings QB Tavaris Jackson

Seattle Seahawks sign wide receiver Sidney Rice

Cincinnati Bengals sign Bruce Gradkowski

Buffalo Bills sign Brad Smith

Vince Young released by the Titans on Thursday, signed by the Eagles on Friday.

Looks like there will be some changes going on with this free agency......also they have stated here will more instant replay with scoring which will take more time and they think will help coaches throwing out the challenge. >:D

Conley
07-30-2011, 11:41 AM
Morning MMC! This site has been a little wonky for me today. Anyhow...

I was really surprised Ingram dropped as low as he did. He was a BEAST at Alabama.

I'm so glad this season is finally getting off the ground.

Conley
07-30-2011, 11:42 AM
The Eagles are going to be really good assuming DeSean Jackson doesn't hold out.

The picked up Asomuagh who is a shut down guy, and got Vince Young as a backup. They'll be tough :(

I hate the Iggles >:( >:( :D

Conley
07-30-2011, 12:22 PM
Matt Forte showed up to camp, gotta love it if you're a Bears fan.

MMC
07-30-2011, 01:22 PM
Matt Forte showed up to camp, gotta love it if you're a Bears fan.

Yeah.....thats nice......I think the Patriots are going to be tuff this year. Now picking up OchoCinco and Haynesworth. I dont see Pittsburgh going anywheres this year. Maybe a wildcard.

I would watch out for Miami this year to be as a spoiler for the Jets and the Pats.

Da Bears picked up a big defensive tackle. Thats what they needed to plug the middle. Now they wont be able to get off on Urlacher or Briggs so much. Plus the Bears will have a decent rush from the other end with the personell they have as Peppers will be on the other side. Also they need another Linebacker for the other side. Hope they got rid Tiasiomoua.....that dude sucks. Send his ass back to St. Louis. Tillman is older now and can be beat. So the Bears have to get corners. Where they are weak.

Their offense should be alright with the offensive line tightening up this year. QB issue is still there with Cutler. I think Da Bears fucked up thinking Cutler and those stats meant something. First off Cutler played down around your boys way in that Division. SD, Raiders and KC. All of them below average teams. No defenses to go with those West Coast Offenses. So to much has been made out of Cutler. Playing in the NFC is completely differnt in the AFC.

Conley
07-30-2011, 04:47 PM
Yeah I'm not sold on Cutler at all. The Bears gave up way too much for him. Looks like Orton is going to be back on the market too, from Denver who wants to start Tebow. Not sure that is a good idea.

The Stillers look to be going after Plexiglass pretty hard.

Nice of Peyton Manning to ask for less money so his team can sign other guys. I wish more athletes followed that thinking.

MMC
07-30-2011, 06:04 PM
Yeah I'm not sold on Cutler at all. The Bears gave up way too much for him. Looks like Orton is going to be back on the market too, from Denver who wants to start Tebow. Not sure that is a good idea.

The Stillers look to be going after Plexiglass pretty hard.

Nice of Peyton Manning to ask for less money so his team can sign other guys. I wish more athletes followed that thinking.

Looks Like SD gave up the LB Burnett who had come from Dallas. He played with the Chargers the last two seasons is an above average lb. not spectacular but solid. Miam cut Chowder. Ricky Williams is 33 and still somewhat of an enigma. But this is his first chance o fo free agent if it likes. Miami picking up Reggie Bush is a plus for Miami.

Harbaugh will take the Helm at SF.

Conley
07-30-2011, 06:35 PM
Yeah Burnett I am sorry to see go. We're going to be questionable at all the LB spots, we've got rookies, old guys, and a few that can't seem to keep healthy. There will probably be some more vets cut across the league as camps get going, we'll see if anyone notable falls out.

Conley
07-30-2011, 08:58 PM
Our division is so piss poor I think we can win it again this year, but with Norv Turner as coach we won't win chit in the playoffs.

Conley
07-30-2011, 08:59 PM
I still like the Pats and Jesters in the AFCE

MMC
07-31-2011, 12:03 PM
I see Plexico buress went and signed a one year deal with the Jets..... wish Da Bears would have picked his ass up. So what he's got a record. Fits in with Chi-Towns personae..... >:D

Conley
07-31-2011, 12:09 PM
:D

Yeah at least he only shot himself and not someone else...more than can be said for a lot of the NFL chumps.

Conley
07-31-2011, 12:11 PM
I saw the Bears brought in an RB Barber...I thought it was Tiki! :D Good thing for you it was Marion Barber...surprised Barber ended up with Jests, they're the team I love to hate >:D

Conley
07-31-2011, 12:19 PM
MMC not sure if this is good news for your boy JC...just realized his initials, maybe that's why he thinks so highly of himself?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d820f3f1c/article/report-cutler-calls-off-spring-wedding-fiance-devastated

MMC
07-31-2011, 01:37 PM
MMC not sure if this is good news for your boy JC...just realized his initials, maybe that's why he thinks so highly of himself?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d820f3f1c/article/report-cutler-calls-off-spring-wedding-fiance-devastated

Yeah wonder if his middle name stars with L ya knows.....for those initals JLC. Whatcha say there eh Pete. Lmao >:D

Conley
07-31-2011, 01:40 PM
Ban this fool! :D

I think it'd be better as JHC...what does the H stand for when people curse like that?

Conley
07-31-2011, 01:41 PM
"Hell" maybe ???

Conley
07-31-2011, 06:33 PM
At least none of us on here are Bengals fans...at this point I'd rather be a Stains fan than a Bungles fan.

Conley
07-31-2011, 07:06 PM
Also how in the F$% can Philly be under the salary cap? They just paid out the a$$ for Nmandi, franchised tagged Vick so he is making avg of top 5 qbs, and are completely stacked on both sides of the ball. I would put money on the Iggles this year to win it all. Crap >:(

MMC
08-02-2011, 11:07 AM
Also how in the F$% can Philly be under the salary cap? They just paid out the a$$ for Nmandi, franchised tagged Vick so he is making avg of top 5 qbs, and are completely stacked on both sides of the ball. I would put money on the Iggles this year to win it all. Crap >:(

I think they will be the team to beat from that division. But otherwise I think they will do what they always do.....win early and lose in Dec.

Also now Moss is saying he resigning again.

Mister D
08-02-2011, 11:19 AM
Moss can hit a hole before it closes on him especially if he's got more than one tight end to hide behind.

Conley
08-04-2011, 07:58 PM
So it turns out they're going to start testing for human growth hormone.

A third of the league is going to be suspended!

:o

MMC
08-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Are they going to play a preseason game this week?

Conley
08-05-2011, 10:12 AM
First game is DA BEARS Aug 7

you should have known that! :P :P :P

Mister D
08-05-2011, 10:15 AM

You'd think with all the time he spends at the warehouse he'd see the sports page once and a while. ;D

Conley
08-05-2011, 10:29 AM
He's too busy with the Pin Up calendar >:D ;)

Mister D
08-05-2011, 10:30 AM

Babes of MSNBC? ;D

Conley
08-05-2011, 10:34 AM

Babes of MSNBC? ;D

The Babes of MSNBC calendar only includes January and February. March if it's a good year. >:D

MMC
08-05-2011, 11:02 AM

Babes of MSNBC? ;D

The Babes of MSNBC calendar only includes January and February. March if it's a good year. >:D

Yeah Plus I got to make sure those Palin and Bachman pics get front stage and center.....gots to keep it real to those Tea-baggers. >:D

Conley
08-05-2011, 11:11 AM
You could put up a poster of Jay Cutler...he's more feminine than Bachmann ;)

MMC
08-05-2011, 11:17 AM
You could put up a poster of Jay Cutler...he's more feminine than Bachmann ;)

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1055350854123&id=f03e2ee84ae4d4c46b930ecca44dbda4&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.perfectpeople.net%2fphoto-picture-image-media%2fJamie-Lee-Curtis-605x768-49kb-media-400-media-0252.jpg

Nah.....I was thinking Front Page News.....Going with the HeadLine. Jamie's Got Gun you Decide! >:D :-* :D ;D

Conley
08-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Oh god, what is that monstrosity?!?

My eyes, my eyes!!

:D :D :D had to give you a +1 for that comeback...I had it coming and you socked me

spunkloaf
08-05-2011, 11:31 AM
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1055350854123&id=f03e2ee84ae4d4c46b930ecca44dbda4&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.perfectpeople.net%2fphoto-picture-image-media%2fJamie-Lee-Curtis-605x768-49kb-media-400-media-0252.jpg

Even her bush wants to get away from her, she needs a waste band to keep it fastened to her va jay jay. ;D

MMC
08-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Oh god, what is that monstrosity?!?

My eyes, my eyes!!

:D :D :D had to give you a +1 for that comeback...I had it coming and you socked me

Well it sure Aint no Bow and Ribbon.....after seeing that who wants an up-close and birds-eye view. >:D ;)

Conley
08-05-2011, 11:58 AM

Even her bush wants to get away from her, she needs a waste band to keep it fastened to her va jay jay. ;D

We're not entirely sure there is one.

Conley
08-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Stillers locked up Woodley today.

I don't see them taking a step back. I hope Reid's Iggles do their annual playoff collapse or we could be looking at an all PA Super Bowl :'(

MMC
08-05-2011, 11:23 PM
Stillers locked up Woodley today.

I don't see them taking a step back. I hope Reid's Iggles do their annual playoff collapse or we could be looking at an all PA Super Bowl :'(

I think the Patriots are the team to beat for the AFC.....they going to be tuff and look to throw up more offense. Which may be to counter their weaknesses in the Defense. This last year what they average close to 28 pts a game.....right. I think they looking to try for 38 pts a game. But i do expect them to have difficulties with their D.

Conley
08-06-2011, 08:38 AM
Yeah right now I put NE at #1, Pitt # 2, and then either the Colts (depending on Manning's neck) or maybe the Jets in the AFC. I think there is a big gap between #s 1 and 2 and the rest of the AFC. Didn't NE go 14-2 last year? I am not convinced Haynesworth and OchoStinko will be great in their new roles -- they both have a lot of miles on them -- but they'll probably be upgrades.

MMC
08-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Yeah right now I put NE at #1, Pitt # 2, and then either the Colts (depending on Manning's neck) or maybe the Jets in the AFC. I think there is a big gap between #s 1 and 2 and the rest of the AFC. Didn't NE go 14-2 last year? I am not convinced Haynesworth and OchoStinko will be great in their new roles -- they both have a lot of miles on them -- but they'll probably be upgrades.

Any Games today?

Conley
08-06-2011, 11:57 AM

O0 O0 O0

edit crap that got cancelled nevermind

Conley
08-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Week 1back to top »
THU, AUG 11 TIME (ET) TV RESOURCES LOCATION
Jacksonville at New England 7:30 PM Tickets | Travel Gillette Stadium
Baltimore at Philadelphia 7:30 PM Tickets | Travel Lincoln Financial Field
Seattle at San Diego 8:00 PM Tickets | Travel Qualcomm Stadium
Denver at Dallas 8:30 PM Tickets | Travel Cowboys Stadium
Arizona at Oakland 10:00 PM Tickets | Travel Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum
FRI, AUG 12 TIME (ET) TV RESOURCES LOCATION
Pittsburgh at Washington 7:30 PM Tickets | Travel FedEx Field
Miami at Atlanta 7:30 PM Tickets | Travel Georgia Dome
Cincinnati at Detroit 7:30 PM Tickets | Travel Ford Field
Tampa Bay at Kansas City 8:00 PM FOX Tickets | Travel Arrowhead Stadium
San Francisco at New Orleans 8:00 PM Tickets | Travel Superdome
SAT, AUG 13 TIME (ET) TV RESOURCES LOCATION
Green Bay at Cleveland 7:30 PM NFL Tickets | Travel Cleveland Browns Stadium
Minnesota at Tennessee 8:00 PM Tickets | Travel LP Field
Indianapolis at St. Louis 8:00 PM Tickets | Travel Edward Jones Dome
NY Giants at Carolina 8:00 PM Tickets | Travel Bank of America Stadium
Buffalo at Chicago 8:00 PM Tickets | Travel Soldier Field
MON, AUG 15 TIME (ET) TV RESOURCES LOCATION
NY Jets at Houston 8:00 PM Tickets | Travel Reliant Stadium

MMC
08-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Week 1back to top »
THU, AUG 11 TIME (ET) TV RESOURCES LOCATION
Jacksonville at New England 7:30 PM Tickets | Travel Gillette Stadium
Baltimore at Philadelphia 7:30 PM Tickets | Travel Lincoln Financial Field
Seattle at San Diego 8:00 PM Tickets | Travel Qualcomm Stadium
Denver at Dallas 8:30 PM Tickets | Travel Cowboys Stadium
Arizona at Oakland 10:00 PM Tickets | Travel Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum
FRI, AUG 12 TIME (ET) TV RESOURCES LOCATION
Pittsburgh at Washington 7:30 PM Tickets | Travel FedEx Field
Miami at Atlanta 7:30 PM Tickets | Travel Georgia Dome
Cincinnati at Detroit 7:30 PM Tickets | Travel Ford Field
Tampa Bay at Kansas City 8:00 PM FOX Tickets | Travel Arrowhead Stadium
San Francisco at New Orleans 8:00 PM Tickets | Travel Superdome
SAT, AUG 13 TIME (ET) TV RESOURCES LOCATION
Green Bay at Cleveland 7:30 PM NFL Tickets | Travel Cleveland Browns Stadium
Minnesota at Tennessee 8:00 PM Tickets | Travel LP Field
Indianapolis at St. Louis 8:00 PM Tickets | Travel Edward Jones Dome
NY Giants at Carolina 8:00 PM Tickets | Travel Bank of America Stadium
Buffalo at Chicago 8:00 PM Tickets | Travel Soldier Field
MON, AUG 15 TIME (ET) TV RESOURCES LOCATION
NY Jets at Houston 8:00 PM Tickets | Travel Reliant Stadium

Thanks CL.....was just making sure I wasnt missing anything today.

Conley
08-06-2011, 12:10 PM
yep, late start this year nothing until thurs

MMC
08-06-2011, 12:23 PM
I'll go with....Patriots over the Jaguars.
Eagles over the Colts.
Seahawks over Chargers.
Cowboys over Broncos.
Raiders over Cardinals.
Steelers over Redskins.
Dolphins over Atlanta.
Lions over the Bengals.
Bucs over the Chiefs.
Saints over 49ers.
Cheese over The Stains.
Vikings over Titans.
Colts over Rams.
Giants over Panthers.
Da BEARS over Bills.
Jets over Oilers. Read em and Weep Boys. :-* ;)

No preseason Games this weekend?

MMC
08-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Heya are those all the first of the season games? >:(

Conley
08-06-2011, 12:27 PM
Yep that is all for week 1 preseason

I pick all the games exactly the opposite of you.

Let's see who finishes the week higher >:D

Chargahs win and Bears lose.

MMC
08-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Yep that is all for week 1 preseason

I pick all the games exactly the opposite of you.

Let's see who finishes the week higher >:D

Chargahs win and Bears lose.

Da Bears.....Winnas. The Crawlers.....not So Charged. >:D :-* ;D

Conley
08-06-2011, 12:50 PM

The Chargers are great at winning meaningless games, you'll see :P

Alls I'm sayin is we'll see where we stand at the end of Week 1.

>:D

MMC
08-06-2011, 12:59 PM

The Chargers are great at winning meaningless games, you'll see :P

Alls I'm sayin is we'll see where we stand at the end of Week 1.

Indeed.....my brutha. ;)

Conley
08-07-2011, 09:00 AM
5 days...5 days >:D

Mister D
08-07-2011, 09:21 AM

So it starts Thursday? Or Friday?

MMC
08-07-2011, 09:24 AM

Yep and Counting down.....ARE YA READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?

Conley
08-07-2011, 09:27 AM

:D I was totally expecting some kind of joke about tight ends lined up in the slot ;)

Thursday!

Conley
08-07-2011, 09:27 AM

Yep and Counting down.....ARE YA READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?

Yep! Prefer Faith over Hank but at this point I'm desperate enough for either >:D They both wear boots but that's about where the similarities end ;)

Conley
08-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Desperate for football I mean, of course ;)

MMC
08-07-2011, 09:50 AM

AHAHAHAHA, my brutha, cleaned that up real fast.....Didnt ya? :D :D >:D

Conley
08-07-2011, 09:51 AM

:D :D :D

I like the NBC crew (Sunday night) better than the ESPN crew (Monday night)

Faith > Hank

Al Michaels and Chris Collinsworth > Tirico, Jaws, and Gruden

What do you think?

Mister D
08-07-2011, 10:56 AM

:D I was totally expecting some kind of joke about tight ends lined up in the slot ;)

Thursday!

I just want to make sure my Friday happy hour is not disturbed by a bunch of NFL ruffians. ;)

Conley
08-07-2011, 10:57 AM
It starts Thursday but there are games Friday as well

Mister D
08-07-2011, 11:08 AM

>:( >:(

MMC
08-07-2011, 11:18 AM

Faith > Hank

What do you think?

Yeah but I do like Coverage by CNN Pre-game with Berman Ditka and whoever else. Thursday nights Espn is usually Theisman and Jaws. I like them better than Chris Collinsworth. He is a putz. I say bring back Madden for Monday Nights. But I don't think he wants to work With Al Michaels. Seems Michaels has been into with most Monday night Annoucers. Wonder why that is, consdiering Michaels never played any Professional Football.

That bullshit with Fox and Bradshaw is a joke. Lets put 20 yards in the studio and try to show people whats going on.....geeeeeeeet da fuck outta here with dat shit<<<<< said with East Coast, Joisey Accent . >:D :D ;)

Conley
08-07-2011, 12:27 PM

>:( >:(

That's why I drink at home :)

Conley
08-07-2011, 12:29 PM

Faith > Hank

What do you think?

Yeah but I do like Coverage by CNN Pre-game with Berman Ditka and whoever else. Thursday nights Espn is usually Theisman and Jaws. I like them better than Chris Collinsworth. He is a putz. I say bring back Madden for Monday Nights. But I don't think he wants to work With Al Michaels. Seems Michaels has been into with most Monday night Annoucers. Wonder why that is, consdiering Michaels never played any Professional Football.

That bullshit with Fox and Bradshaw is a joke. Lets put 20 yards in the studio and try to show people whats going on.....geeeeeeeet da fuck outta here with dat shit<<<<< said with East Coast, Joisey Accent . >:D :D ;)

Collinsworth is a putz, but I can't stand Jaws or Theismann. Berman is a joke too.

Ditka rocks :)

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/1640842/81011_Super_Bowl_Antics_Football.jpg

MMC
08-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Thats like Marino and the crew on CBS I rarely watch those guys. Tho at 1130 I switch to Fox as thats the Channel the Bears was playing on. But I do have Direct TV so I will switch between games there

Because I can watch like 4 of them on Direct on one screen and then switch back to whatever station Da Bears are on.

Yep Ditka makes Bermans Crew. Shannon Sharpe is alright but he dont know to much on the D and isnt to good with the pics. But he makes sure he looks good being wrong. lol

Conley
08-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Ah you got the Direct TV package? Lucky bastard

I guess you'll be able to watch other teams play once the Bears blow it and Lovie gets kicked out the door...see how the real men play on the Left Coast in the late games

At least you don't have Norv Turner coaching your team. He was handed the keys to a 14-2 Ferrari and every year under him we've gotten worse and worse, didn't even make the playoffs last year >:( >:( >:(

MMC
08-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Ah you got the Direct TV package? Lucky bastard

I guess you'll be able to watch other teams play once the Bears blow it and Lovie gets kicked out the door...see how the real men play on the Left Coast in the late games

At least you don't have Norv Turner coaching your team. He was handed the keys to a 14-2 Ferrari and every year under him we've gotten worse and worse, didn't even make the playoffs last year >:( >:( >:(

Bears are in the house (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY4-jCd-QcU#ws)
Da Bears are in Da House.

Conley
08-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Dang...that is a sweet video...almost makes me wanna be a Bears fan ;)

Urlacher, Hester, Briggs, Peppers...all those guys were beasts in their prime. They are getting up there in age now but they were good enough to win the division last year. Let's see if Lovie can finally put it together >:D

MMC
08-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Favre's last play - Sacked during Bears Vs Vikings 12/20/2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFHTpgZoLNQ#ws)

Ya'll Ready For this...... >:D hehe

MMC
08-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Wooten Peppers and now a Big 300 Def tackle in the Middle.....<evil-grin> Daniel Manning and Chris Harris The hardest hitting Safety in the NFL. Briggs and Urlacher. Bears got rid of Tommy Harris as Def. tackle. briggs isnt old and Wooten is a rookie. Idonije isnt old either.

its what the bears do with the corners and the other linbacker spot.

Special Teams.....#1 in the NFL. Hester and Manning. Plus now the Bears Offensive line will be solidifed. Time together and all. Kruetz stayed but I would have looked for someone bigger and stronger. That can read Defenses and hike that ball.

Offense.....QB spot questionable and all they needed was another fast reciever. Course Cutler needs to learn he cant just throw to his buddies.

Conley
08-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Briggs is at least 30, isn't he?

:grampa: :old:

Laying the lumber like does, that adds up.

Speaking of hits, ouch...Favre got rocked! :o :o :o

MMC
08-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Briggs is at least 30, isn't he?

:grampa: :old:

Laying the lumber like does, that adds up.

Speaking of hits, ouch...Favre got rocked! :o :o :o

Yeah and the Bears do have a hitting linebacker on special teams. Hope they move him up to starter or second string. Although I expect the lions to give all trouble in the divison this year. Rodgers will have to hope he can make it thru thre Season with the Concussion thing. Some good licks on that SOB and he will be questionable by mid year. Vikings I don't expect to be there althought i am sure leslie fraser the Ex bear will have them tighten up on the D....they will be hurting on the offense IMO even with McNabb.

Bears
Packers
Lions
Vikings

Conley
08-11-2011, 09:11 AM
That looks about right to me. Bears won the division last year, and usually Super Bowl winners don't do as well the next years, so the Pack could be #2.

The season starts tonight bitchez!

My Chargers gonna roll...

Conley
08-11-2011, 04:57 PM
http://images9.cpcache.com/product/337455979v2_480x480_Front_Color-White.jpg

I am firing up the smoker, got my brews chilling....ready to rock >:D

Captain Obvious
08-11-2011, 06:41 PM
I've lost interest in the NFL.

Yeah, and I also said that I'd never buy an American car again, but I'm pretty much not into it. SB loss has nothing to do about it either. I clicked over to the Steeler forum that I frequent the other day and the first post that I saw was the list of rule changes in the NFL and I haven't been back since.

Conley
08-11-2011, 06:47 PM

Yeah, and I also said that I'd never buy an American car again, but I'm pretty much not into it. SB loss has nothing to do about it either. I clicked over to the Steeler forum that I frequent the other day and the first post that I saw was the list of rule changes in the NFL and I haven't been back since.

Really? Because of the hold out or something else?

Conley
08-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Errr...Lock out I meant.

Captain Obvious
08-11-2011, 06:54 PM

I'm tired of Goodell's campaign to pussify the NFL and market the shit out of it. It's all about money now, not about the game.

Can't hit anyone because someone might get hurt and the soccer mom who has a FF team might get disinterested. Sell the game to the Brits, Mexicans, Irish - everyone but the home team's fans.

Fight over that last nickle that gets squeezed out of the fanbase. Everyone's not rich enough they all want more.

The game is being bastardized into something it wasn't designed to be.

Fuck it, I'll keep an eye on it but I'm not wasting any more time and dollars.

Conley
08-11-2011, 07:02 PM
Yeah...for me my interest is more directly related to how my teams are doing, but I hear ya. I went to a game last year and it's just gotten too expensive, boorish fans, etc. I'd rather stay home and have a better view in HD.

Conley
08-11-2011, 07:22 PM
Rivers chuckin bombs ;D

Captain Obvious
08-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Steelers were targeting Rivers in that draft, he got picked and we picked up Ben.

Shortly after that I thought the Steelers got the better deal but that's still a decision point now. Ben's getting the money, he's not putting up the same game he did before he signed that big contract.

Conley
08-11-2011, 07:37 PM
I love my boy Rivers but I don't think you can argue against the Stilller's results. I think Ben is also better in the cold.

Conley
08-11-2011, 09:38 PM

I'm tired of Goodell's campaign to pussify the NFL and market the shit out of it. It's all about money now, not about the game.

Can't hit anyone because someone might get hurt and the soccer mom who has a FF team might get disinterested. Sell the game to the Brits, Mexicans, Irish - everyone but the home team's fans.

Fight over that last nickle that gets squeezed out of the fanbase. Everyone's not rich enough they all want more.

The game is being bastardized into something it wasn't designed to be.

Fuck it, I'll keep an eye on it but I'm not wasting any more time and dollars.

They're only allowing 14 practices in pads all year. That should be entirely up to the coaches. WTF???

MMC
08-13-2011, 07:34 PM
Bears D looking Good.....holy shit Melton looks like a beast. 260lbs to 295. Knox for kickoffs and Hester for punts.....I am keeping an eye on that 6th round draft pick from the Jets. Bears need a good corner.

Conley
08-13-2011, 07:38 PM
Bears D looking Good.....holy shit Melton looks like a beast. 260lbs to 295. Knox for kickoffs and Hester for punts.....I am keeping an eye on that 6th round draft pick from the Jets. Bears need a good corner.

Buffalo went 7-9 passing, avg almost 4 ypc, and got a field goal.

Buffalo is awful.

:o :o :o

MMC
08-13-2011, 08:12 PM

Buffalo went 7-9 passing, avg almost 4 ypc, and got a field goal.

Buffalo is awful.

:o :o :o

Bears didnt do much better.....with offense. Still I am hoping Cutler wusses out early. So that Haney can get the Shot. Bears D looks like they will be able to get pressure from the front four. Which will take some pressure off the CB's.

I think Barber makes a good addition to the offense plus now I see Da Bears have not released Chester Thompson.

MMC
08-13-2011, 09:51 PM
looks like the bears are going to win it.....there any other scores up yet?

Conley
08-13-2011, 09:57 PM
Packers lost

:'( :'( :'(