PDA

View Full Version : UK SEEKS to Question GAUNTANAMO DETAINEES.....

MMC
07-30-2011, 11:25 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/report-uk-seeks-guantanamo-detainees-214733554.html
AP – 15 hrs ago.....
LONDON (AP) — British police are seeking to interview Guantanamo Bay detainees as part of an investigation into allegations that one of the country's intelligence officials was complicit in the mistreatment of a terrorism suspect, a television station reported Friday.

Police have been investigating allegations that the MI6 officer was complicit in the mistreatment of a non-British citizen since Sept. 2009, when the agency reported the official to the government's chief legal adviser. She ruled that detectives should begin an inquiry.

The U.S. State Department did not immediately respond to an inquiry on the subject
Britain's government has announced a sweeping inquiry into the country's role in the "war on terror," which Foreign Secretary William Hague said was necessary to "clear the stain from our reputation as a country." The investigation, which won't seek evidence from the U.S. or other foreign allies, will begin once police conclude their inquiry into the actions of the MI6 officer.

Looks like the Brits have been paying out to former Detainees Settlements as well.....Thoughts? :-\

Conley
07-30-2011, 11:45 AM
I don't think there's much chance of the US letting them do this, unless we are talking some real low level guys. It's one thing to share intel to prevent a terrorist attack, but I don't think US officials will go for it in the case of a human rights investigation.

MMC
07-30-2011, 12:52 PM
I don't think there's much chance of the US letting them do this, unless we are talking some real low level guys. It's one thing to share intel to prevent a terrorist attack, but I don't think US officials will go for it in the case of a human rights investigation.

Agreed plus Hague was saying it isnt going anywheres either.....The investigation, which won't seek evidence from the U.S. or other foreign allies, :-\

Conley
07-30-2011, 01:02 PM
Sounds more like a PR move by the Brits than anything...they know nothing will come of it, just trying to make themselves look good.

Mister D
07-30-2011, 05:45 PM
Sounds more like a PR move by the Brits than anything...they know nothing will come of it, just trying to make themselves look good.

Sounds like that to me too. Besides, I can think of far greater "stains" on Britain's reputation.

MMC
07-30-2011, 05:49 PM

Sounds like that to me too. Besides, I can think of far greater "stains" on Britain's reputation.

The Cleveland browns played in Wembley Stadium??? >:D ;)

Conley
07-30-2011, 06:34 PM
:D :D :D

Mister D
08-02-2011, 10:54 AM

The Cleveland browns played in Wembley Stadium??? >:D ;)

:D :D

hellraiser
08-02-2011, 12:12 PM
torture happens there we all know it

anyone disagree?

MMC
08-02-2011, 12:15 PM

anyone disagree?

What does this have to do with the topic and the Brits with what they said. >:(

Mister D
08-02-2011, 12:16 PM

anyone disagree?

What do we mean by torture?

hellraiser
08-02-2011, 12:22 PM
you see picture of hoods naked people in us jails in iraq

same kind of thing

waterboard electricity shocks punching all that

Conley
08-02-2011, 12:32 PM

same kind of thing

Are you talking about Abu Ghraib? That wasn't Guantanamo.

MMC
08-02-2011, 12:37 PM

same kind of thing

Are you talking about Abu Ghraib? That wasn't Guantanamo.

Must be.....as that has nothing to do with Guantanamo nor the AP.