PDA

View Full Version : Make the case!

Matty
06-03-2014, 08:22 AM
Is there a reason to consider impeachment?

Isn't releasing the five most dangerous terrorists from Gitmo without the lawful notification of congress 30 days prior a high crime? And, Aiding and abetting 5 known enemies of the US?

zelmo1234
06-03-2014, 08:26 AM
No it is within the Presidents power!

Not a high crime by any means

It does help to secure his position as worst President of all time! Cigar should be proud!!!

Alyosha
06-03-2014, 08:28 AM
He should have been impeached over killing the 16 year old American citizen without due process. Now, I don't care.

Besides, the Republicans are so fucking smug and STUPID that they will find some way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Matty
06-03-2014, 08:30 AM
Did he aid and albeit the enemy?

I say he did.

Alyosha
06-03-2014, 08:32 AM

I say he did.

He's also violated the 1st through 9th amendments. No one cared then.

This IRS scandal and Fast and Furious should have been the easiest things in the world to "close"...all they did was drag it out until the public stopped caring.

Captain Obvious
06-03-2014, 08:35 AM
Wingnuts, impeachment, Benghazi oh my!

Green Arrow
06-03-2014, 08:37 AM
He should have been impeached and removed (everyone forgets that part) several times over. So should Bush Jr. have, and Clinton, and Bush Sr., and maybe Reagan, LBJ, FDR, Wilson, Lincoln, Adams I, and probably a few others.

It won't happen, though.

Captain Obvious
06-03-2014, 08:37 AM
I don't like the O'bama as much as most of the rest of you but it's petty bullshit to bake up "impeachment" reasons.

This is why nobody takes the bucket brigade seriously other than themselves.

Benghazi... what a fucking joke, nice platform to run on.

Alyosha
06-03-2014, 08:38 AM
Benghazi is most likely a CIA fuck up and yes, he'd deserve impeachment over it. As usual the Republicans went stupid going "where was the air support for the SEALS??"

Knowing full well they were private contractors and no longer SEALS. The military does not have an obligation to provide physical support for non-military.

Why would we have a private military contractor with our Ambassador instead of the military? Because the military MUST obey the Constitution of the United States.

This was probably gun running gone wrong. Of course, the Republicans ask all the wrong questions and years later we're still listening to them complain.

Libhater
06-03-2014, 08:39 AM

I say he did.

Of course he's aiding and abetting the enemy as seen by many of the legal experts including judge Napolitano. Methinks the crime this bozo has committed rises above mere impeachment, I believe the guy should be doing some serious time behind bars. He swore an oath to protect America against our enemies, and for that he failed again most miserably.

Dark Mistress
06-03-2014, 08:40 AM
So goes the Republican party. All talk and no show.

Alyosha
06-03-2014, 08:43 AM
They're idiots. I could have made a better case for Benghazi, so either they are stupid as hell or they're in on it and it was just a puppet show.

Why did our Ambassador hire FORMER SEALS to go with him instead of asking for special operator marines (which they get automatically) or active duty SEALs?

Why?

In that question lies the whole kit and kaboodle.

1751_Texan

I say he did.

how is that making a case?

I really look forward to the real GOP case forth-coming. Let's let all the taking head experts put up.

Common Sense
Should Reagan have been impeached for aiding Iran?

...and do we know these 5 guys are "five most dangerous terrorists from Gitmo"?

Do we also know that these guys have to spend a year in Qatar and they will be monitored continuously?

They've been out of commission for 5 years and any contact with any terrorist organization would certainly be seen as a security risk to said organization.

...and do you really want Biden as POTUS?

Dark Mistress
06-03-2014, 08:45 AM

Do we also know that these guys have to spend a year in Qatar and they will be monitored continuously?

They've been out of commission for 5 years and any contact with any terrorist organization would certainly be seen as a security risk to said organization.

Well John Mccain said it so it must be so. :grin:

Alyosha
06-03-2014, 08:45 AM

I really look forward to the real GOP case forth-coming. Let's let all the taking head experts put up.

Is it that difficult of a case to be made? He handed over 5 members of a terrorist organization that has vowed to destroy the United States in exchange for someone who apparently joined a terrorist organization that vows to destroy the United States.

Tough one.

Of course, given Republican incompetence it is probably a tough one.

Alyosha
06-03-2014, 08:47 AM

Yes! Iran Contra was bullshit.

If they were the least dangerous terrorists in Gitmo it's still bad.

They probably will.

Yes. True. We should have just shot them instead of holding them for years, tho.

At this point six of one half a dozen of the other. Plus Biden is more entertaining. He's like Bush only crazier.

Spectre
06-03-2014, 08:47 AM
He should have been impeached and removed (everyone forgets that part) several times over. So should Bush Jr. have, and Clinton, and Bush Sr., and maybe Reagan, LBJ, FDR, Wilson, Lincoln, Adams I, and probably a few others.

It won't happen, though.

Wingnuttery dilutes your case and damages your brand, Green Arrow. When you include some of the greatest Americans ever on that list....hoo-boy!:wtf20:

Common Sense
06-03-2014, 08:48 AM
Is it that difficult of a case to be made? He handed over 5 members of a terrorist organization that has vowed to destroy the United States in exchange for someone who apparently joined a terrorist organization that vows to destroy the United States.

Tough one.

Of course, given Republican incompetence it is probably a tough one.

Apparently being the key word.

Green Arrow
06-03-2014, 08:50 AM
Wingnuttery dilutes your case and damages your brand, Green Arrow. When you include some of the greatest Americans ever on that list....hoo-boy!:wtf20:

http://replygif.net/i/1504.gif

Alyosha
06-03-2014, 08:50 AM
Apparently being the key word.

Considering that as of last night everybody from the army to the villagers and the Taliban says he's a convert I have to go with overwhelming evidence on this one.

Common Sense
06-03-2014, 08:54 AM
Considering that as of last night everybody from the army to the villagers and the Taliban says he's a convert I have to go with overwhelming evidence on this one.

Everybody from the army and the villagers and the Taliban say he's a convert???? Really? Can you show us that?

Green Arrow
06-03-2014, 08:56 AM
Everybody from the army and the villagers and the Taliban say he's a convert???? Really? Can you show us that?

"OAF Exclusive" thread. And Mainecoons posted a thread.

Common Sense
06-03-2014, 08:57 AM
"OAF Exclusive" thread. And @Mainecoons (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=145) posted a thread.

Yeah, I saw that. Not exactly concrete evidence.

Alyosha
06-03-2014, 09:34 AM

Go to Mainecoons' thread and read all the links.

Matty
06-03-2014, 09:35 AM
I don't like the O'bama as much as most of the rest of you but it's petty bullshit to bake up "impeachment" reasons.

This is why nobody takes the bucket brigade seriously other than themselves.

Benghazi... what a fucking joke, nice platform to run on.
Is releasing 5 of the worst terrorists in the world aiding and abetting the enemy? How come no one can answer the question? Ya'll are like farts n a mitten!

Alyosha
06-03-2014, 09:35 AM
Yeah, I saw that. Not exactly concrete evidence.

Doesn't have to be. We're not in a court of law. We're talking on the Internet and formulating our own theories. We get to weigh the evidence and make decisions.

Matty
06-03-2014, 09:36 AM
They're idiots. I could have made a better case for Benghazi, so either they are stupid as hell or they're in on it and it was just a puppet show.

Why did our Ambassador hire FORMER SEALS to go with him instead of asking for special operator marines (which they get automatically) or active duty SEALs?

Why?

What would your case have been?

Green Arrow
06-03-2014, 09:37 AM
Is releasing 5 of the worst terrorists in the world aiding and abetting the enemy? How come no one can answer the question? Ya'll are like farts n a mitten!

I'm sure they are bad, but I highly doubt they are five of the worst.

Spectre
06-03-2014, 09:38 AM

You might not want to step too far out on a limb on this, Common Sense, you will have to back-and-fill in an embarrassing fashion once the full story about this comes out.

Just a warning for your benefit.:wink:

zelmo1234
06-03-2014, 09:39 AM

I say he did.

Not yet? Because they are just released, and have not returned to the battle he has not!

Now if they become directly responsible for an attack or attempted attack? then that might be the case

Alyosha
06-03-2014, 09:39 AM
This:

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/10/how-team-obama-justifies-the-killing-of-a-16-year-old-american/264028/

is why Obama should have been impeached. No one cared about it then, so I've stopped caring about why they want him to be impeached now.

http://www.mrconservative.com/files/2013/03/kid-drone-1024x608.jpg

Spectre
06-03-2014, 09:40 AM

To use an organized crime comparison, these are like the Gotti's, the leadership of the Taliban, not some low-level enforcers and leg-breakers.

Matty
06-03-2014, 09:40 AM

Why?

To me the question is "When he asked for additional security why was he refused? And upon that refusal why didn't he pack his shit up and come home?"

Common Sense
06-03-2014, 09:41 AM
You might not want to step too far out on a limb on this, Common Sense, you will have to back-and-fill in an embarrassing fashion once the full story about this comes out.

Just a warning for your benefit.:wink:

I've already said I agree that there is more to this story. I'm just waiting for actual facts before making a judgement.

But thanks...

Matty
06-03-2014, 09:42 AM

What were they in GITMO for?

Alyosha
06-03-2014, 09:42 AM
To use an organized crime comparison, these are like the Gotti's, the leadership of the Taliban, not some low-level enforcers and leg-breakers.

Not after 5 years. That really isn't how Al Qaeda works. They've been with American intelligence community for 5 years. They will not be trusted. It's like drug dealers who get out. The gang throws parties for them but they are always watched as potential informants.

Alyosha
06-03-2014, 09:43 AM
I've already said I agree that there is more to this story. I'm just waiting for actual facts before making a judgement.

But thanks...

You won't get actual facts. The US government does not care about one soldier. If we got him back at all it is probably because of what happened with the CIA agent being busted in Afghanistan and we need whatever intel on the Taliban we think he has.

We're stupid like that.

Common Sense
06-03-2014, 09:45 AM
What were they in GITMO for?

There were lots of different people in GITMO. There was a 15 year old Canadian kid, Omar Khader.

Matty
06-03-2014, 09:46 AM
Two of them are wanted for war crimes which begs the question "Why didn't Obama turn those two over to the authorities?"

Matty
06-03-2014, 09:47 AM
There were lots of different people in GITMO. There was a 15 year old Canadian kid, Omar Khader.
What were these Five in GITMO for?

Ethereal
06-03-2014, 09:47 AM
This:

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/10/how-team-obama-justifies-the-killing-of-a-16-year-old-american/264028/

is why Obama should have been impeached. No one cared about it then, so I've stopped caring about why they want him to be impeached now.

http://www.mrconservative.com/files/2013/03/kid-drone-1024x608.jpg

That, and his illegal wars in Libya and Syria and now some god-forsaken African country.

Alyosha
06-03-2014, 09:51 AM
To me the question is "When he asked for additional security why was he refused? And upon that refusal why didn't he pack his shit up and come home?"

Right and that is why no one is succeeding. It's the wrong question to ask.

Peter1469
06-03-2014, 04:02 PM
To the Founders, high crimes and misdemeanors included more than the violation of criminal statutes. More importantly, it was using a political position to increase the strength of one branch at the expense of the other two branches of government- this was seen as a particular danger with the executive branch. Perhaps the greatest fear of the Founders was to prevent a tyrant from taking control of our government.

In the case of several presidents, to include the current one, it would be ironic if the House impeached Obama (and the Senate acquit him 5 minutes later), because Congress has allowed Obama and those other presidents to usurp legislative authority.

Anyway, it would take up too much political capital for the GOP to push impeachment. They should not tilt at that windmill.

Mainecoons
06-03-2014, 04:30 PM
Here's a pretty good discussion of why he should be impeached and why he won't.

http://spectator.org/articles/59452/case-obama%E2%80%99s-impeachment

Note the discussion about "high crimes and misdemeanors."

The term “high crimes and misdemeanors,” as McCarthy points out, “…is a concept rooted not on statutory offenses fit for criminal court proceedings, but in damage done to societal order by persons in whom great public trust has been reposed.” One example he gives, the 1786 impeachment of the British governor-general of India, proves the point. William Hastings was impeached not only for the crimes of bribery and extortion, but also abuse of power.

The most important lesson Faithless Execution draws from those points is that impeachment is a political mechanism available to a political body — the Congress — that is separate and distinct from the judiciary. It’s not a legal mechanism, and unless the political momentum across the nation is clearly in favor of impeaching a president, it cannot be done.

McCarthy’s Bill of Impeachment is drafted principally around conduct that isn’t criminal but is the malfeasance and misfeasance that Obama has undertaken since he became president. It’s stated in dispassionate terms because, as McCarthy writes, a bill of impeachment is like an indictment. It’s not a place for hyperbole, but only for a hardheaded exacting assessment of whether a compelling case can be made. This one includes:

Seven cases in which Obama has “amended” Obamacare without legislative action, thereby usurping the powers reserved to Congress by Article 1 of the Constitution;
Unilateral “amendments” to the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act;
Unilateral amendment of the welfare-work requirement;
Five instances of Obama’s unilateral “amendments” of immigration law;
Making “recess appointments” when the Senate was not in recess;
Dereliction of the duties of commander in chief, including in response to the Benghazi terrorist attacks of 9-11-2012 and in enabling Iran to gain nuclear weapons while vowing to prevent it;
Fraud on the American people in undertaking the Libyan war and in trumping up the phony argument that the obscure “Innocence of Muslims” video caused the Benghazi attacks;
And of course now Bergstrahl.

The bottom line is that impeachment of this criminal POTUS isn't going to happen. Really, there's no used to talk about it. It is like all those missing background documents on this individual.

Obama has defined the "Teflon President" at a truly exalted level. May as well get used to it. The free, skeptical and dirt-digging press has been replaced with the fawning, ass kissing and feckless one. That in itself is a big reason we have an Obama to begin with.

Montoya
06-03-2014, 04:47 PM
That, and his illegal wars in Libya and Syria and now some god-forsaken African country.

What wars in Libya and Syria?

Matty
06-03-2014, 04:51 PM
Here's a pretty good discussion of why he should be impeached and why he won't.

http://spectator.org/articles/59452/case-obama’s-impeachment

Note the discussion about "high crimes and misdemeanors."

[/FONT][/COLOR]

[/LIST]And of course now Bergstrahl.

The bottom line is that impeachment of this criminal POTUS isn't going to happen. Really, there's no used to talk about it. It is like all those missing background documents on this individual.

Obama has defined the "Teflon President" at a truly exalted level. May as well get used to it. The free, skeptical and dirt-digging press has been replaced with the fawning, ass kissing and feckless one. That in itself is a big reason we have an Obama to begin with.
Very useful information. But, I would not rule out impeachment once the GOP takes the Senate. We are reaching critical mass here.

Alyosha
06-03-2014, 04:54 PM
What wars in Libya and Syria?

Are you serious?? Where have you been? Libya was all over the news.

Peter1469
06-03-2014, 04:55 PM
Are you serious?? Where have you been? Libya was all over the news.

How did that ever cross your mind? :smiley:

Mainecoons
06-03-2014, 04:57 PM
Very useful information. But, I would not rule out impeachment once the GOP takes the Senate. We are reaching critical mass here.

I would. This guy understand the Republicrats pretty well.

Obama has, by uncompromising political maneuvers — aided and abetted by Republican leaders who are more afraid of Obama than of any president in living memory — neutered that congressional tool.

Matty
06-03-2014, 08:21 PM
"He replenished the enemy"

Green Arrow
06-03-2014, 09:10 PM

Bad idea. Obama is the Democrat Reagan. Impeach him with the cult of personality he has and this nation will tear itself apart. He's almost done, and with GOP control of the whole Congress he can't do anything. Might as well just wait it out.

Cigar
06-03-2014, 09:15 PM
Is there a reason to consider impeachment?

Isn't releasing the five most dangerous terrorists from Gitmo without the lawful notification of congress 30 days prior a high crime? And, Aiding and abetting 5 known enemies of the US?

I say stop talking and bring it ... :grin: or STFU :laugh:

darroll
06-03-2014, 10:26 PM
Is releasing 5 of the worst terrorists in the world aiding and abetting the enemy? How come no one can answer the question? Ya'll are like farts n a mitten!We are not in the real world.

The Xl
06-03-2014, 10:42 PM

It won't happen, though.

Lol this. The lot of them should have been impeached and removed.

Redrose
06-03-2014, 11:42 PM

I say he did.

News right now is saying he fortified the enemy during war time (we still have troops fighting in that area). No one would like to see him disgraced and gone and forgotten more than me, but Impeachment is not the way to go. First off, the House of Rep. must bring forth the Impeachment proceeding, that's a gimme since it's Republican ruled. Then Obama would go on trial before the Senate. A guilty verdict will never happen in the Democratic ruled Senate, all we'd accomplish is making Obama look like the vindicated victim and he would be elevated to the point of sainthood by his followers. Every black community would make him immortal. Even if the GOP takes the Senate in the fall, Impeachment and a guilty verdict ousting Obama would ignite racial riots the likes of which we haven't seen since Watts. A lot of people would be injured and die. So just let him finish his term and go off into the sunset. Oh happy day!!!

Matty
06-04-2014, 06:34 AM
I say stop talking and bring it ... :grin: or STFU :laugh:

I say "make me"