PDA

View Full Version : Bowe Bergdahl Will Not See a Day In Prison

Spectre
06-04-2014, 08:59 AM
I just heard a JAG interviewed on Fox saying that, because he has the support of the President, and because it is highly unlikely that a lower officer will act contrary to the perceived wishes of his commander-in-chief, no charges will be brought against Bergdahl.

In one of the most monstrous acts of injustice committed by this administration, a deserter at best and a traitor at worst, who caused the deaths of much better men than himself, will retire to an untroubled private life.

Like every other despicable, disgusting villain connected to this despicable, disgusting president, he will probably get rich from a book deal and the men who died looking for him will be forgotten.

This is America under the dark shadow of Obama.

Codename Section
06-04-2014, 09:20 AM
They'll reverse this because the American people think he's a douche.

Ethereal
06-04-2014, 09:59 AM
Bowe Bergdahl Will Not See a Day In Prison

Unfortunately, neither will the people who started the wars.

Spectre
06-04-2014, 10:34 AM

Not completely true, Osama is dead: Saddam and his sons are dead, some of the Taliban leadership is in hiding and in exile, so at least some justice has been done.

I just know these are the people you're talking about...right, Ethereal?:cool2:

Redrose
06-05-2014, 05:39 PM
Bergdahl is not a deserter, he's a defector. His writings now being reviewed, indicate his intentions. If tried and convicted he should be executed. Good soldiers died trying to save his sorry ass.

Alyosha
06-05-2014, 05:41 PM

((claps loudly))

sachem
06-05-2014, 05:45 PM
I just heard a JAG interviewed on Fox saying that, because he has the support of the President, and because it is highly unlikely that a lower officer will act contrary to the perceived wishes of his commander-in-chief, no charges will be brought against Bergdahl.

In one of the most monstrous acts of injustice committed by this administration, a deserter at best and a traitor at worst, who caused the deaths of much better men than himself, will retire to an untroubled private life.

Like every other despicable, disgusting villain connected to this despicable, disgusting president, he will probably get rich from a book deal and the men who died looking for him will be forgotten.

This is America under the dark shadow of Obama.Did I miss the court martial/trial?

Codename Section
06-05-2014, 05:59 PM
Did I miss the court martial/trial?

Yes. They've said he's not going to have to have one.

The Xl
06-05-2014, 06:05 PM
If you're so worried about the injustice of those who sent these men to their demise being able to walk the streets free, you should probably want the likes of Bush and Obama in a cell more than anything else.

Spectre
06-05-2014, 06:10 PM
Bergdahl is not a deserter, he's a defector. His writings now being reviewed, indicate his intentions. If tried and convicted he should be executed. Good soldiers died trying to save his sorry ass.
(Even LOUDER applause)

Montoya
06-06-2014, 02:02 AM
Bergdahl is A HERO!

Green Arrow
06-06-2014, 02:25 AM
Bergdahl is A HERO!

Based on what, exactly?

Montoya
06-06-2014, 02:59 AM
Based on what, exactly?

No idea but the right wing constantly worships anyone in the military as a "hero". After all according to the tea party extremists they are saints who deserve endless worship for "fighting for our freedom".

Green Arrow
06-06-2014, 03:01 AM
No idea but the right wing constantly worships anyone in the military as a "hero". After all according to the tea party extremists they are saints who deserve endless worship for "fighting for our freedom".

I don't know about "endless worship," but should they not have our respect?

Montoya
06-06-2014, 03:03 AM
I don't know about "endless worship," but should they not have our respect?

I respect them as any other, they are no better than anyone else. Sorry but that is the cold hard truth. You people love to put the military on this grand pedestal but the fact remains they are simply flawed men and women just like you and I. Sure I commend them for their service but they are no better than any average American.

Redrose
06-06-2014, 03:08 AM

I've read a lot of crap posted on blogs that are made just for shock value and have no intellectual substance at all. That one is typical of a shallow thinker.

Green Arrow
06-06-2014, 03:09 AM
I respect them as any other, they are no better than anyone else. Sorry but that is the cold hard truth. You people love to put the military on this grand pedestal but the fact remains they are simply flawed men and women just like you and I. Sure I commend them for their service but they are no better than any average American.

Well, I disagree. I agree that they are just as human as any other average American, but I know a great deal of people in the military and there is a total change of character in every one of those individuals. They went into the military as a completely different person than they came out, and the person that came out is often more respectful, tough, and has a greater sense of honor. They put their lives on the line every day for people they don't even know. How many of your average American would do that?

Montoya
06-06-2014, 03:11 AM
Well, I disagree. I agree that they are just as human as any other average American, but I know a great deal of people in the military and there is a total change of character in every one of those individuals. They went into the military as a completely different person than they came out, and the person that came out is often more respectful, tough, and has a greater sense of honor. They put their lives on the line every day for people they don't even know. How many of your average American would do that?

Honor blah blah blah, got any new memes today?

Green Arrow
06-06-2014, 03:13 AM
Honor blah blah blah, got any new memes today?

It's not a meme. Honor has been the foundation of some of the greatest cultures in history.

Montoya
06-06-2014, 03:14 AM
It's not a meme. Honor has been the foundation of some of the greatest cultures in history.

I don't care, they are no better than you or I. Just because they are veterans does not mean they are entitled to any special privileges.

Green Arrow
06-06-2014, 03:16 AM
I don't care, they are no better than you or I. Just because they are veterans does not mean they are entitled to any special privileges.

Agree to disagree, I suppose. I tend not to bite the hand that feeds me.

Montoya
06-06-2014, 03:17 AM
Agree to disagree, I suppose. I tend not to bite the hand that feeds me.

Oh please, what "freedom" have they fought for recently?

Green Arrow
06-06-2014, 03:25 AM
Oh please, what "freedom" have they fought for recently?

None, but that's not their fault, that's the fault of every President since World War II...EVERY President, including Obama.

Montoya
06-06-2014, 03:32 AM
None,

Thank you.

Green Arrow
06-06-2014, 03:33 AM
Thank you.

Does that mean they will not, or cannot? Must they be actively fighting for it every day?

Matty
06-06-2014, 04:42 AM

This is America under the dark shadow of Obama.

I won't spend a dime to read his books. Secondly if he is sympathetic to the Taliban then we probably have some home grown terrorism to look forward too. We shall see.

Matty
06-06-2014, 04:45 AM

Cops do that. But you're my hero and so is Marcus Luttrell. If I was a younger woman Marcus would be in trouble.

Green Arrow
06-06-2014, 04:48 AM
Cops do that. But you're my hero and so is Marcus Luttrell. If I was a younger woman Marcus would be in trouble.

Yes, our police officers here in Chattanooga are fighting the good fight every day, and I salute them. Our city does not have a problem with ridiculous levels of crime and corruption of officers. Our officers are good men, honest men, and most importantly, honorable men.

Have you read "Lone Survivor"? I have a lot of books on my plate, but when I clear a place on my list, I'd like to read it. From what I understand, Luttrell is also a good, honorable man.