PDA

View Full Version : There’s never been a SEAL captured or left behind. No. Exceptions. Ever.

Cigar
06-05-2014, 10:29 AM
A sailor says of Bergdahl: “There’s never been a SEAL captured or left behind. No. Exceptions. Ever.
In Quang Ngai during a recon I caught a bullet in the hip. It blew off a chunk of my iliac crest and cracked my pelvis. The guys on my team did the usual bandaid-type first aid, rigged a stretcher, and humped my ass the hell out of there nearly eight miles to try and reach a place where the choppers could reach us to evacuate.

I was hurting like hell. I was also feeling guilty for slowing my guys down, and feeling responsible since we were supposed to be avoiding contact and when the contact came, I had been “on point.” Eventually, when the pain and jostling had gotten to be more than I could stand — along with the guilt for being the cause of all this — I begged my guys to put me down and leave me with an M60 so I could at least slow down the folks chasing us.

To my great relief they put me down and stopped the bouncing. To my surprise they all busied themselves digging the f*ck into a perimeter around me. I told them, “No, leave me. You guys get outta here.” I was greeted with seven guys shouting in my ear — “There has NEVER been a SEAL captured or left behind, living or DEAD!”

My friend said, “If you die, everybody dies.” Faced with that choice I told them to pick me up and start the bouncing again. This time I sucked it the f*ck up and took it.

I have no opinion of the “worthiness” of Bowe Bergdahl before, or since, his capture. That sh!t is way above any pay grade I ever held.

If he was at any time on the field of battle like me, then it is my sworn duty to bring his ass home one way or another, even at the cost of my own life.

That’s the f*cking rule, *ssholes. No. Exceptions. Ever.

–Former Member SEAL Team 2

http://americablog.com/2014/06/sailor-says-bergdahl-never-seal-captured-left-behind-exceptions-ever.html

Mainecoons
06-05-2014, 10:30 AM
This one would have been a good first case.

:grin:

momsapplepie
06-05-2014, 10:32 AM
What if he didn't want to come home? He chose to go find the Taliban on his own. He wasn't "left behind"

Mainecoons
06-05-2014, 10:33 AM
I think this one was as dumb, naive and screwed up as his old man. He very quickly found out that the Taliban plays for keeps.

He should be court marshaled for being so stupid. :grin:

Cigar
06-05-2014, 10:35 AM
What if he didn't want to come home? He chose to go find the Taliban on his own. He wasn't "left behind"

Wouldn't it be nice to find out the true story. :wink: You're not afraid of a true story are you? :grin:

Matty
06-05-2014, 10:36 AM
Wouldn't it be nice to find out the true story. :wink: You're not afraid of a true story are you? :grin:
You are.

momsapplepie
06-05-2014, 10:37 AM
No, are you? Of course I'm going to listen to those that were there with him vs the obumbles spin. I trust our soldiers more than I trust o'liar.

Cigar
06-05-2014, 10:39 AM
5 Dudes who have been sucking Tax Dollars from the American Tax Payers for 12 years are now released to the Open Desert with no trees.

So ... who's afraid of a few Old Guys roming the Desert under the watchful eye of Drowns :laugh:

Republicans ... they are such scaredy-cats :rofl:

Cigar
06-05-2014, 10:41 AM
No, are you? Of course I'm going to listen to those that were there with him vs the obumbles spin. I trust our soldiers more than I trust o'liar.

If he deserted, I'm sure our Military Court System will have little problem proving it and issueing justice.

Can't exactly do this if he's not here.

So what's your problem?

momsapplepie
06-05-2014, 10:45 AM
Obama breaking the law.

Codename Section
06-05-2014, 10:48 AM
Either he deserted or this is some intel op. If the latter then we'll never know.

texan
06-05-2014, 10:50 AM
I am not affraid of the "true story."

I am not sure what you're point is, if it is that this is the same as what Obama did last weekend you are high on drugs. Not even close. You have a new nickname it is Stretch.

Codename Section
06-05-2014, 10:50 AM
Without saying too much, the reason we go hard after people who take our marines and why the public doesn't "know" about those operations is that AQ and the Taliban usually torture them to death. Finding that out would turn the public against the war effort so we go do what we have to do.

Five years and he's not only alive but an honored guest makes me think that he either is a fellow muslim, had information for them, or this is a spook op.

Matty
06-05-2014, 10:54 AM
Without saying too much, the reason we go hard after people who take our marines and why the public doesn't "know" about those operations is that AQ and the Taliban usually torture them to death. Finding that out would turn the public against the war effort so we go do what we have to do.

Five years and he's not only alive but an honored guest makes me think that he either is a fellow muslim, had information for them, or this is a spook op.

Here is the truth. Democrats don't care about truth. They care about demonizing Republicans. There is absolutely no positive side in even trying to point out the truth to democrats. In this instance Feinstein is the exception to the rule.

Codename Section
06-05-2014, 10:59 AM
Just so you know WHY we don't leave marines behind:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/network/alqaeda/manual.html

The manual was translated into English and introduced as evidence in theembassy bombing trial (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/binladen/bombings/bombings.html)in New York in 2001. Further excerpts are available at theDepartment of Justice website (http://www.usdoj.gov/ag/trainingmanual.htm).

WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGE

http://www.mega.nu/ampp/alqaedatorture/0524072torture2.jpg

momsapplepie
06-05-2014, 11:23 AM
The point being, none of this was done to bergdahl. He wasn't shot, beheaded, drug behind a car, hung, burned, etc. etc. He was valuable to them someway, and that is why he is alive today. I do not believe he was kept alive for a prisoner swap.

Codename Section
06-05-2014, 11:43 AM
The point being, none of this was done to bergdahl. He wasn't shot, beheaded, drug behind a car, hung, burned, etc. etc. He was valuable to them someway, and that is why he is alive today. I do not believe he was kept alive for a prisoner swap.

I don't believe this guy was unwillingly captured. He may be deep cover. I don't know but I don't believe it was a stroll in the park and he got nabbed. There is the reason they sent so many people out after him and its because of the horrible shit done to captured military.

None of which appears to have happened to him.

momsapplepie
06-05-2014, 11:51 AM
Well, if he was deep cover, he certainly should have been frightened considering Obumbles outted the head CIA operative in Afghanistan not a week before his swap. Kinda coincidental don't ya think? That and the fact that Kharzai refused to meet with obumbles at the same time. Oh and Kharzai is none too happy with obumbles at this point.

The Sage of Main Street
06-05-2014, 01:19 PM
A sailor says of Bergdahl: “There’s never been a SEAL captured or left behind. No. Exceptions. Ever.

In Quang Ngai during a recon I caught a bullet in the hip. It blew off a chunk of my iliac crest and cracked my pelvis. The guys on my team did the usual bandaid-type first aid, rigged a stretcher, and humped my ass the hell out of there nearly eight miles to try and reach a place where the choppers could reach us to evacuate.

I was hurting like hell. I was also feeling guilty for slowing my guys down, and feeling responsible since we were supposed to be avoiding contact and when the contact came, I had been “on point.” Eventually, when the pain and jostling had gotten to be more than I could stand — along with the guilt for being the cause of all this — I begged my guys to put me down and leave me with an M60 so I could at least slow down the folks chasing us.

To my great relief they put me down and stopped the bouncing. To my surprise they all busied themselves digging the f*ck into a perimeter around me. I told them, “No, leave me. You guys get outta here.” I was greeted with seven guys shouting in my ear — “There has NEVER been a SEAL captured or left behind, living or DEAD!”

My friend said, “If you die, everybody dies.” Faced with that choice I told them to pick me up and start the bouncing again. This time I sucked it the f*ck up and took it.

I have no opinion of the “worthiness” of Bowe Bergdahl before, or since, his capture. That sh!t is way above any pay grade I ever held.

If he was at any time on the field of battle like me, then it is my sworn duty to bring his ass home one way or another, even at the cost of my own life.

http://americablog.com/2014/06/sailor-says-bergdahl-never-seal-captured-left-behind-exceptions-ever.html Sounds like Medal of the Honor winner Bob Kerrey or Navy Cross winner Jim Webb. But oh wait, they're Democrats, so it can't be. Never mind!

PolWatch
06-05-2014, 02:01 PM
I can just see the new recruiting posters: "I Want YOU...if I agree with your politics"...yeap, we are gonna see a real surge in folks wanting to put their life in danger in the US military when they realize that any efforts to recover them from a war zone depends on whether or not the GOP approves of your political beliefs. If he is guilty of desertion, then court martial him. America has a duty & responsibility to its citizens to not forget its POW's...at least, it USED TO have that duty, until it became acceptable to use anything & everything to attack an administration.

Common Sense
06-05-2014, 02:03 PM
Here is the truth. Democrats don't care about truth. They care about demonizing Republicans. There is absolutely no positive side in even trying to point out the truth to democrats. In this instance Feinstein is the exception to the rule.

That's rich...

Mr. Mensch
06-05-2014, 02:03 PM
Have you checked with Heidi Klum on this?

Codename Section
06-05-2014, 05:47 PM
Sounds like Medal of the Honor winner Bob Kerrey or Navy Cross winner Jim Webb. But oh wait, they're Democrats, so it can't be. Never mind!

Sage are you fucking out of your mind to compare them? Being wounded in battle is one thing. We'd all die with and for our guy. You tell me someone who runs off to cuddle up with the enemy is someone I have to go after and I'll tell you the only reason I'd do it is to go shoot him myself.

Where was his fucking loyalty to his brothers? I wouldn't do that to you. I wouldn't say "fuck you, devil dog, I'm going on a walk". I'd fucking stay my watch and do my job.

Codename Section
06-05-2014, 05:50 PM
And for the record, I like Jim Webb.

Peter1469
06-05-2014, 06:31 PM
Power drills and dull knives.

Codename Section
06-05-2014, 06:34 PM
Power drills and dull knives.

You know what I know and you know why this pisses me off.

momsapplepie
06-05-2014, 06:35 PM
wonder why the "no one left behind" rule wasn't applied in Benghazi......

Codename Section
06-05-2014, 06:39 PM

Because they were independent contractors and not active duty military. They were not "SEALS" anymore. Being a SEAL is not like being a marine.

When you're out you usually work for Blackwater or go merc.

Peter1469
06-05-2014, 06:51 PM
You know what I know and you know why this pisses me off.

It makes me sick. And pissed off.

Codename Section
06-05-2014, 07:00 PM
It makes me sick. And pissed off.

He died rather than fuck over his brothers and this kid is going home to his family and those other POS fucks get to go beat their wives some more.

Peter1469
06-05-2014, 07:04 PM
He died rather than fuck over his brothers and this kid is going home to his family and those other POS fucks get to go beat their wives some more.
I can't talk about it. I would take the case if the Army wanted an experienced LTC to be lead on the prosecution.

Codename Section
06-05-2014, 07:07 PM
I can't talk about it. I would take the case if the Army wanted an experienced LTC to be lead on the prosecution.

When I think about what they did to him and then see this kid posing with the Taliban...

Matty
06-05-2014, 07:14 PM

Ka pow!

Redrose
06-05-2014, 07:15 PM

http://americablog.com/2014/06/sailor-says-bergdahl-never-seal-captured-left-behind-exceptions-ever.html

That Seal took a bullet for his country and comrades. Burgdahl took a hike. BIG DIFFERENCE. He made that choice, not the enemy. He chose to take his weapon off, leave it and walk to the enemy. He chose to renounce his allegiance to the USA. He chose to say he was ashamed to be an American. He chose to refuse to speak English. But the America he spat on sacrificed good men to rescue him. I say treat him the way he treated his platoon and country. Spit on him and shoot him. Desertion in time of war is a capital offense.

Codename Section
06-05-2014, 07:17 PM
Ka pow!
Matalese

you're my gal but I'm gonna keep correcting you on this one. NO SEAL DIED IN BENGHAZI. Former SEALS died. There is a reason the military wasn't involved right away and why it went through state department channels and requests.

This wasn't a SEAL team mission. The CIA, I mean US Department of State, hired contractors who happened to be former SEALs. This is the type of work that I do now. If I get into trouble on a government contract I may or may not get help, probably not.

Only difference is that unlike the SEALS, once a marine always a marine. :D

Peter1469
06-05-2014, 07:18 PM
When I think about what they did to him and then see this kid posing with the Taliban...

Right, my name is in the mix. My day job would be pissed, and we are down assets, so it likely isn't going to happen. But it is a simple fact pattern. They should get a younger JAG to do this.

Redrose
06-05-2014, 07:20 PM
Once a Marine always a Marine. Once a SEAL always a SEAL.

Codename Section
06-05-2014, 07:22 PM
Once a Marine always a Marine. Once a SEAL always a SEAL.

This is blasphemy. We're the only branch that gets that line. Sorry.

I still wouldn't get any air support tho. Just a lot of barking from my brothers over how badass I was fighting til the end, which is some props I give those dudes.

Matty
06-05-2014, 07:22 PM
@Matalese (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=796)

you're my gal but I'm gonna keep correcting you on this one. NO SEAL DIED IN BENGHAZI. Former SEALS died. There is a reason the military wasn't involved right away and why it went through state department channels and requests.

This wasn't a SEAL team mission. The CIA, I mean US Department of State, hired contractors who happened to be former SEALs. This is the type of work that I do now. If I get into trouble on a government contract I may or may not get help, probably not.

Only difference is that unlike the SEALS, once a marine always a marine. :D

Was that embassy American soil or not? Were these people there at the behest of the American government or not? Did they ask for additional security or not? Was it given or reduced? Former. Hah! All we can say now is that they were former American. Left to die.

Matty
06-05-2014, 07:24 PM
Now, explain to me why if Benghazi wasn't a seal team mission why Captain Phillips was rescued by seals? Please and thank you.

Codename Section
06-05-2014, 07:27 PM
Was that embassy American soil or not? Were these people there at the behest of the American government or not? Did they ask for additional security or not? Was it given or reduced? Former. Hah! All we can say now is that they were former American. Left to die.

I do this type of work. If you don't see me on here for a few days or a week or whatever, that's the type of stuff I do. IF I get into trouble we can ask for support, but it will go through the US Department of State (bureaucrats) and it will be slow to get help.

TRUST ME. Ohhhh, the stories I can tell but can't tell. ahem.

I'm just saying the military moves quicker when the shit hits the fan because they don't have to deal with civil servants who are slow and can't make rapid protocol changes to suit an occasion. Had this been a military mission air support would have happened quickly and decisively because those "SEALS" would have all sorts of communication lines open and backup plans.

This was something shady happening and that's why the bureaucrats took forever to figure out what to do to help.

Codename Section
06-05-2014, 07:30 PM
Now, explain to me why if Benghazi wasn't a seal team mission why Captain Phillips was rescued by seals? Please and thank you.

That was a military mission (Captain Phillips) and the US military was given planning and authorization authority over it.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/26/who-was-glen-doherty/

^^Former SEALs.

Matty
06-05-2014, 07:30 PM
I do this type of work. If you don't see me on here for a few days or a week or whatever, that's the type of stuff I do. IF I get into trouble we can ask for support, but it will go through the US Department of State (bureaucrats) and it will be slow to get help.

TRUST ME. Ohhhh, the stories I can tell but can't tell. ahem.

I'm just saying the military moves quicker when the shit hits the fan because they don't have to deal with civil servants who are slow and can't make rapid protocol changes to suit an occasion. Had this been a military mission air support would have happened quickly and decisively because those "SEALS" would have all sorts of communication lines open and backup plans.

This was something shady happening and that's why the bureaucrats took forever to figure out what to do to help.

Yep. Shady. And we got four former Americans and a bunch of desperate democrats wanting to shut everybody up.

Codename Section
06-05-2014, 07:32 PM
Yep. Shady. And we got four former Americans and a bunch of desperate democrats wanting to shut everybody up.

If this ever happens to me, I at least know you'll call me a "marine" and argue to your last breath about it. :)

Oh--and don't let them tell you I was a SEAL. Once a marine, always a marine.

Redrose
06-05-2014, 08:04 PM

I still wouldn't get any air support tho. Just a lot of barking from my brothers over how badass I was fighting til the end, which is some props I give those dudes.

If you are a Marine you have my apology, no intention to offend. My ex son-in-law was in the Marines and had that saying on his Jeep. But I have heard a similar line used for the SEALS.

Codename Section
06-05-2014, 08:12 PM
If you are a Marine you have my apology, no intention to offend. My ex son-in-law was in the Marines and had that saying on his Jeep. But I have heard a similar line used for the SEALS.

Only by assholes, that's OUR motto. They need to get their own like, once a SEAL always exploited by the CIA. :)

Redrose
06-05-2014, 10:44 PM
Only by assholes, that's OUR motto. They need to get their own like, once a SEAL always exploited by the CIA. :)

Lighten up.

The Sage of Main Street
06-06-2014, 09:27 AM
Sounds like Medal of the Honor winner Bob Kerrey or Navy Cross winner Jim Webb. But oh wait, they're Democrats, so it can't be. Never mind!

Sage are you fucking out of your mind to compare them? Being wounded in battle is one thing. We'd all die with and for our guy. You tell me someone who runs off to cuddle up with the enemy is someone I have to go after and I'll tell you the only reason I'd do it is to go shoot him myself.

Where was his fucking loyalty to his brothers? I wouldn't do that to you. I wouldn't say "fuck you, devil dog, I'm going on a walk". I'd fucking stay my watch and do my job. I was referencing the perspective of the SEAL about "bringing them back alive," not Bergdahl's perspective. There was also a rumor about John McCain collaborating with the North Vietnamese, but the Democrats had too much political maturity to swiftboat him.

The Sage of Main Street
06-06-2014, 09:42 AM

I still wouldn't get any air support tho. Just a lot of barking from my brothers over how badass I was fighting til the end, which is some props I give those dudes. The only chance I got to do something brave in Vietnam was when the machinegunner went out and set up in an exposed position in the middle of a field and the assistant-gunner refused to go with him. So I volunteered to go out there. Even though I was scared shitless, I couldn't leave the gunner all alone. Luckily, as usual, the VC had run away, so we had probably been in no danger.

The Sage of Main Street
06-06-2014, 09:50 AM
Only by assholes, that's OUR motto. They need to get their own like, once a SEAL always exploited by the CIA. :) Bullshit. The only thing the CIA does right is through small killer teams. It is in macro-analysis that they constantly fail. They are the ones who blew Benghazi by not realizing that the Arab Spring was an Al Qaida operation.