PDA

View Full Version : The Snowden Effect

Mainecoons
06-05-2014, 05:43 PM
Interesting piece. From a leftist source no less.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/05/edward-snowden-nsa-effect_n_5447431.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000072

We libertarians do have a few things in common with the non doctrinaire liberals. One of those things is that the NSA needs to be curbed.

Redrose
06-05-2014, 05:58 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/05/edward-snowden-nsa-effect_n_5447431.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000072

We libertarians do have a few things in common with the non doctrinaire liberals. One of those things is that the NSA needs to be curbed.

Yes it does. Snowden may have had honorable intentions but he went about it all wrong. Even if he says he was afraid to bring it to our governments attention for fear of being eradicated, he didn't have to go to our enemies. That action gave important, classified info to our enemies, info that will cost lives. To me that far outweighs any good that came from it.

The Xl
06-05-2014, 06:00 PM
None of this info should be classified in the first place. We pay for the government, not the other way around. They don't have the right to spy on us or keep secrets from us.

As far as I'm concerned, Snowden should be allowed to come home a free man, the real criminals who deserve to be prosecuted are the majority of our government.

Mainecoons
06-05-2014, 06:01 PM
Yes it does. Snowden may have had honorable intentions but he went about it all wrong. Even if he says he was afraid to bring it to our governments attention for fear of being eradicated, he didn't have to go to our enemies. That action gave important, classified info to our enemies, info that will cost lives. To me that far outweighs any good that came from it.

No he didn't. He did it in the only way possible. Otherwise, he'd be dead.

You have a murderous, fascist government in America now.

Cthulhu
06-05-2014, 06:22 PM
None of this info should be classified in the first place. We pay for the government, not the other way around. They don't have the right to spy on us or keep secrets from us.

As far as I'm concerned, Snowden should be allowed to come home a free man, the real criminals who deserve to be prosecuted are the majority of our government.

I'd have to dig a little for it, but we the people are entitled a receipt for the expenditures of our government. It is one of those lost constitutional giblets that nobody ever seems to remember.

Article I, Section 9, Clause 9 (http://constitutionus.com/) reads:

7: No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law; and a regular Statement and Account of the Receipts and Expenditures of all public Money shall be published from time to time.

In theory the slush funds for the secret squirrel operation our government does shouldn't be murky. It should be plain as day for everyone to see.

The Xl
06-05-2014, 06:23 PM
I'd have to dig a little for it, but we the people are entitled a receipt for the expenditures of our government. It is one of those lost constitutional giblets that nobody ever seems to remember.

Article I, Section 9, Clause 9 reads:

In theory the slush funds for the secret squirrel operation our government does shouldn't be murky. It should be plain as day for everyone to see.[/FONT][/COLOR]

No, see, authority is allowed to break the law. That's reserved for us peasants.

The sad thing is, a high number of peasants go along with this charade.

Cthulhu
06-05-2014, 06:27 PM
No, see, authority is allowed to break the law. That's reserved for us peasants.

The sad thing is, a high number of peasants go along with this charade.

Well I did mention that it was entirely theoretical.

Redrose
06-05-2014, 06:51 PM
No he didn't. He did it in the only way possible. Otherwise, he'd be dead.

You have a murderous, fascist government in America now.

You are right, he probably was scared. But I did say that in my post. He should have gone to a friendly country, i.e. UK or Germany not our enemy.

lynn
06-05-2014, 11:01 PM
You are right, he probably was scared. But I did say that in my post. He should have gone to a friendly country, i.e. UK or Germany not our enemy.

I think the one he went to was the only one that would accept him if my memory serves me correct

donttread
06-06-2014, 06:40 AM

Another is clean, chemical free, local food and water