PDA

View Full Version : Hopeless I tell you

Bob
06-05-2014, 06:27 PM
I voted for Vanila Singh She is a doctor.

She bombarded my mail with flyer after flyer.

This shitty area is so infested by Democrats, she had no chance.

If you are a republican in CA, it is nearly impossible to win an office.

Results

Update, Midnight: Mike Honda and Ro Khanna will advance. With 100 percent of precincts reporting:
Mike Honda: 48.6 percent Democrat
Ro Khanna: 27.1 percent Democrat
Vanila Singh: 16.9 percent Republican
Joel VanLandingham: 7.3 percent not sure

Redrose
06-05-2014, 06:47 PM
Bob the media is mostly to blame. They have painted the GOP and conservatives and anyone who isn't a left wingnut, as bad, evil, selfish, racist, gun toting religious freaks. We want person responsibility and smaller government. Sounds so boring to them. Their platform is "we will give you free stuff forever". The mindless will eat that up. Remember as a child, if there were brussel sprouts and ice cream on your dinner plate, which one would you choose? Human nature will always choose the sweet one. Work, character, responsibility, faith are all looked upon now by the loony left as flaws to be ridiculed. Now Obama is looking to lower mortgage requirements AGAIN to help more people buy a home. HERE WE GO AGAIN.

Codename Section
06-05-2014, 06:49 PM
It doesn't exactly help that Republicans act like smug assholes and piss everybody off. You'll notice that Rand Paul gets invited places that other Republicans don't. Why? He doesn't get all racist up in this bitch or want people to do 5-10 for a vice.

Common Sense
06-05-2014, 06:52 PM
Bob the media is mostly to blame. They have painted the GOP and conservatives and anyone who isn't a left wingnut, as bad, evil, selfish, racist, gun toting religious freaks. We want person responsibility and smaller government. Sounds so boring to them. Their platform is "we will give you free stuff forever". The mindless will eat that up. Remember as a child, if there were brussel sprouts and ice cream on your dinner plate, which one would you choose? Human nature will always choose the sweet one. Work, character, responsibility, faith are all looked upon now by the loony left as flaws to be ridiculed. Now Obama is looking to lower mortgage requirements AGAIN to help more people buy a home. HERE WE GO AGAIN.

Or it could be that they disagree with her politics and platform.

She does have a great name though...

sachem
06-05-2014, 06:55 PM
I voted for Vanila Singh She is a doctor.

She bombarded my mail with flyer after flyer.

This shitty area is so infested by Democrats, she had no chance.

If you are a republican in CA, it is nearly impossible to win an office.

Results

Update, Midnight: Mike Honda and Ro Khanna will advance. With 100 percent of precincts reporting:
Mike Honda: 48.6 percent Democrat
Ro Khanna: 27.1 percent Democrat
Vanila Singh: 16.9 percent Republican
Joel VanLandingham: 7.3 percent not sureMaybe you should relocate to a state with more Republicans and lower taxes.

Refugee
06-05-2014, 07:12 PM

The bad. Re-educate them with political correctness
The evil. Isolate and label them
The selfish. Tax them
The racist. Prosecute them by laws
The gun toting. Ban and/or control guns
(Christian) Religious freaks. Swamp them with other faiths and neutralize them

Soon you’ll be told that Brussels sprouts are good for you and you’ll eat up. It’s true, you will get Brussels sprouts forever and they will become the standard by which you judge wealth. Anyone with a large cabbage will be seen as an enemy of the people and will have to share it. Ice cream will remain the privilege of the elite and what you can’t have you won’t miss.

You can already see it; “Smash capitalism”, “Tax the rich”, “Everyone should share the wealth” . . . . . Many people already have communist outlooks and they don’t even realize it. :laugh:

Refugee
06-05-2014, 07:13 PM
Maybe you should relocate to a state with more Republicans and lower taxes.

That's the answer - run!

sachem
06-05-2014, 07:16 PM
That's the answer - run!Not me. But some do. Or are forced to.

Bob
06-05-2014, 07:18 PM

And as I learned when I converted from a Democrat to a Republican, we are not at all like they say we are.

We are kind. We respect people. We want all healthy and working living in good homes.

But they lie.

I am in Real Estate and did Finance for many years. We do need lower down payments.

20 percent down means a lot of people simply can't buy a home. They are buying property right now for the landlords. Why not for themselves????

Bob
06-05-2014, 07:32 PM
Maybe you should relocate to a state with more Republicans and lower taxes.

That is what too many Republicans have already done.
I am only licensed in this state.

sachem
06-05-2014, 07:34 PM
That is what too many Republicans have already done.
I am only licensed in this state.That is a problem then.

Redrose
06-05-2014, 07:45 PM
Bob I see your point as to down payments. We've owned 11 homes since 1971. The first required 20% a $6200.00 down payment, a lot of money to us. The second we put down 51% or $26,000 in 1975. Our last home $325,000 in 2007 we paid cash. No everyone can do that anymore. But because we were so deeply invested in our mortgages as a young couple we made damn sure that payment was made....every month on time. Never had a late payment in 40+ years on anything. We never took a vacation. We drove an old car, we paid the bills first, then what was left bought food. We ate a lot of hotdogs and pasta. But we kept our home. When the market was good we sold and moved up. Things got better. We improved with each home. Under Carter we couldn't do anything. 18% rate with 6 points. The housing market was bad. So we sat tight until it improved.

When you have a shared loss with the bank, a vested interest, you have incentive to make those payments. Zero down, or interest only loans or down payments too low won't work. Homeownership is hard, constant maintenance, not everyone should own a home. Some don't have the fiscal fortitude to make the payments. Priority problems.

My daughter in AZ in 2006 was given a $1.1million adjustable interest only loan for two homes in a Phoenix suburb. Their combined annual income was $85,000. Future income raises were factored into the numbers.
When the interest adjusted they lost everything including their jobs because of the bankruptcy and foreclosures. Their employer didn't allow bad credit. They are divorced now.

Renting for many may be the best thing.