PDA

View Full Version : Freed Taliban vows: I’ll fight Americans again

Mr. Mensch
06-06-2014, 12:11 PM
One of the five Taliban leaders freed from Guantanamo Bay in return for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl’s release has pledged to return to fight Americans in Afghanistan, according to a fellow militant and a relative.

“After arriving in Qatar, Noorullah Noori kept insisting he would go to Afghanistan and fight American forces there,” a Taliban commander told NBC News via telephone from Afghanistan.

Noori pushed to return to Afghanistan after learning that the U.S. had provided written assurances that no country would arrest any of the five freed for a year as long as they lived peacefully, one of his relatives told NBC News by telephone from Afghanistan.

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/06/06/freed-taliban-vows-ill-fight-americans-again/

Should we have expected anything else?

sachem
06-06-2014, 12:39 PM
No. Assuming it is true, why would we expect anything else to be said? He didn't use his time in Gitmo taking US citizenship classes.

Oh My! The prisoner threatened Americans. Imagine that.

nic34
06-06-2014, 12:50 PM
What crimes were the 5 charged with?

Mainecoons
06-06-2014, 12:52 PM
They ran an illegal poker game, genius.

nic34
06-06-2014, 12:57 PM
Well, time served should be good enough.... any other brilliant info on them? Or did someone say they just looked like scary muslims?

Mainecoons
06-06-2014, 12:59 PM
You wouldn't look so stupid if you got off your lazy ass and looked stuff up once in a while. Information on these guys has been posted on a number of threads here.

From the WashPo

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/marc-thiessen-heres-what-happens-when-taliban-leaders-are-released/2014/06/02/60eab8aa-ea59-11e3-b98c-72cef4a00499_story.html

Matty
06-06-2014, 01:00 PM
I bet Susan rice is getting her rocks off.

Cigar
06-06-2014, 01:40 PM
One of the five Taliban leaders freed from Guantanamo Bay in return for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl’s release has pledged to return to fight Americans in Afghanistan, according to a fellow militant and a relative.

“After arriving in Qatar, Noorullah Noori kept insisting he would go to Afghanistan and fight American forces there,” a Taliban commander told NBC News via telephone from Afghanistan.

Noori pushed to return to Afghanistan after learning that the U.S. had provided written assurances that no country would arrest any of the five freed for a year as long as they lived peacefully, one of his relatives told NBC News by telephone from Afghanistan.

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/06/06/freed-taliban-vows-ill-fight-americans-again/

Should we have expected anything else?

Name one Taliban Fighter left alive who hasn't :laugh:

Cigar
06-06-2014, 01:41 PM
I bet Susan rice is getting her rocks off.

I bet the GOP and all their supporters are :angry4: ... an't it beautiful? :laugh:

nic34
06-06-2014, 01:49 PM
You wouldn't look so stupid if you got off your lazy ass and looked stuff up once in a while. Information on these guys has been posted on a number of threads here.

From the WashPo

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/marc-thiessen-heres-what-happens-when-taliban-leaders-are-released/2014/06/02/60eab8aa-ea59-11e3-b98c-72cef4a00499_story.html

Nope, not there, didn't see any charges. Maybe they were exchanged before they had to be let go (there's no charges) when the war is officially over.

Think with a clear mind sometime....

Mainecoons
06-06-2014, 02:17 PM
Genius, they were POWs.

We'd all be happy if you'd just try thinking, period.

You stay hidden in Phoenix, they probably won't blow your sorry ass up there.

Mr. Mensch
06-09-2014, 11:31 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/gmc11951620140609073400.jpg

protectionist
06-10-2014, 11:11 AM
Nope, not there, didn't see any charges. Maybe they were exchanged before they had to be let go (there's no charges) when the war is officially over.

Think with a clear mind sometime....

As a US Army veteran, allow me to help you out a bit. In war, we don't arrest people. We don't charge them. We don't read them Miranda rights. We KILL them. Get it ?

The 5 dirtbags could well have been executed, and really should have been. Now, they will be executing US and Afghan troops, as well as innocent civilians.

This is a Muslim jihad war. It's been going on for 1400 years (ever since Islam has been in existence). As long as Islam exists, this war will never be over.

Mainecoons
06-10-2014, 11:19 AM
Yes, exactly.

Basically what was done was to release 5 very senior enemy combatants in a war that is still going on.

But hey, we got us a deserter back. Just think of all the enemy combatants he is going to kill so as to even the score. :grin:

Captain Obvious
06-10-2014, 11:33 AM
Apparently nobody pays attention to what's been going on between Israel and Palestine over the past couple generations, all these concepts aren't new.

It's the same-old-same-old, only difference is it's now in our back yard.

But I get how this is news to some.