PDA

View Full Version : Tags

Perianne
06-10-2014, 09:06 PM
I don't see anyone attaching tags to posts. I do it. Is there no reason to attach tags here?

Peter1469
06-11-2014, 02:52 AM
what do they do?

Perianne
06-11-2014, 03:42 AM
They are for advanced search options.

Captain Obvious
06-11-2014, 07:30 AM
They are for advanced search options.

How do they work exactly? I knew they were in part for the search function but it's always been a mystery to me.

Is it as simple as just say tagging it as "My baloney" and all you need to do is search "My baloney" and it pops up?

Perianne
06-11-2014, 07:34 AM
How do they work exactly? I knew they were in part for the search function but it's always been a mystery to me.

Is it as simple as just say tagging it as "My baloney" and all you need to do is search "My baloney" and it pops up?

More or less, Cap. If you click on Advanced Search" in the upper right-hand area of this page, it will take you to a page where you can search by tags. It is effective if everyone were to add tags to their threads.

Captain Obvious
06-11-2014, 07:45 AM
More or less, Cap. If you click on Advanced Search" in the upper right-hand area of this page, it will take you to a page where you can search by tags. It is effective if everyone were to add tags to their threads.

We used to use tags on another forum I frequented a long time ago, football forum - used tags to take shots at the OP like tagging it "douchebag" or "thumbdick".

Perianne
06-11-2014, 07:47 AM
We used to use tags on another forum I frequented a long time ago, football forum - used tags to take shots at the OP like tagging it "douchebag" or "thumbdick".

Yes, that is what I was looking for, lol.

Adelaide
06-11-2014, 05:15 PM
I use them a lot. On my own topics, specifically, and then when I am dedicated to being online and waiting for responses to my posts I will tag random threads belonging to others. It's good for searches, and you can sort of see what's trending if you look at the cloud.