PDA

View Full Version : How To Interview Hillary Clinton

Mr. Mensch
06-11-2014, 07:45 AM
There are two ways to interview potential presidents. You can pepper them with tough questions, and why not? They're going to apply for the job of Leader of the Free World. Hillary Clinton is used to the other way: Shameless pap. Softballs to be knocked out of the park.
She has been a media darling since forever. This is a typical soft pitch offered to Clinton on national television. It came just the other day: "Mitch McConnell said at one point that 2016 will be the return of 'The Golden Girls.'"
This was designed to make the Senate Republican leader look like a jerk and allowed Clinton to shoot back, "That was a very popular, long-running TV series." Cue laughter. This softball interviewer, like every other, pushed Clinton to announce her candidacy for president and pampered her with grandmother questions.
But then came a shocker, something thoroughly unexpected, a tough TV interview honing in on Benghazi, Libya: "Is there anything you personally should have been doing to make it safer in Benghazi?" Clinton arrogantly replied: "I'm not equipped to sit and look at blueprints to determine where the blast walls need to be or where the reinforcements need to be. That's why we hire people who have that expertise."

But no one asked Clinton to be an architect. They expected her to approve greater security for diplomatic facilities in dangerous countries, which Libya quite obviously was. Instead, security funding for Libya's diplomats actually decreased. The questioner didn't let Clinton get away with her notion that Libya wasn't one of the 10 most dangerous locations in the world.
The tough interviewer wanted an admission of some guilt. "I wonder if people are looking for a sentence that begins from you, 'I should have, I should have.' We saw your face on that tarmac (at Andrews Air Force Base, when the caskets arrived). Something that said, 'I should have done this differently. I would give anything on this Earth to personally, if I have -- could have done this differently.'"

Clinton said she wished it had never happened, but fell into self-contradiction: "I take responsibility, but I was not making security decisions." The interviewer had succeeded in unmasking the haughtiness of this woman.
The answers were worse when the tough interviewer asked Clinton about her $250,000 speaking gigs. "It has been reported you've made $5 million making speeches. The president's made more than $100 million." The statement was simple, direct -- and something the former first lady didn't expect.

http://townhall.com/columnists/brentbozell/2014/06/11/how-to-interview-hillary-clinton-n1850089/page/full

Hillary will use the same approach to answering touch questions as Barry. She will either put the blame on someone else or claim she didn't know. And if anyone criticizes her, her supporters will say it is because she is female just as they say that Barry is picked on because he is black.

nathanbforrest45
06-11-2014, 07:52 AM
You are a homophobic, racist sexist pig.

Other than that, your post was spot on. :grin:

Mr. Mensch
06-11-2014, 07:53 AM
You are a homophobic, racist sexist pig.

Other than that, your post was spot on. :grin:

I don't recall calling Hillary a dyke or Barry a fag.

Codename Section
06-11-2014, 07:55 AM
The US Secretary of State does not make security decisions. There is a military advisor--I'll stop. Nevermind, keep on with this cuz it makes you happy.

Mr. Mensch
06-11-2014, 07:58 AM
The US Secretary of State does not make security decisions. There is a military advisor--I'll stop. Nevermind, keep on with this cuz it makes you happy.

I disagree. Her department oversees Foreign affairs.

The U.S. Foreign Service is a part of the Department of State, and therefore, the Secretary oversees its operations. The Foreign Service has approximately 12,000 employees in the United States and internationally. These employees take care of the diplomatic events of the United States whether they are held at home or around the world. The Secretary of State oversees the management of the Foreign Service and its employees.

It's the same thing as Obama being Commander in Chief. He may not oversee the day to day operations, but they are still ultimately his responsibility, just as our Libyan embassy was Hillary's repsonsibility.

Perianne
06-11-2014, 08:50 AM

Do you like Hillary?

Codename Section
06-11-2014, 08:57 AM
I disagree. Her department oversees Foreign affairs.

No shit, Sherlock but she doesn't micromanage every detail since she is Secretary of State, meaning she heads up diplomacy for the WHOLE FUCKING PLANET. Every country's embassy and relations is under her diplomatic guidance and you're talking about the security details of one spook location.

There are people under her that do that, which is why she said it is her responsibility, but she didn't make the decision.

I highly doubt Sam Walton is following up on the Charlottesville Walmart store security team. Do you blame old Sam for those two screwheads in Vegas shooting up a Wallyworld?

There are plenty of reasons to get your panties in a pinch over Benghazi, plenty but you're not educated enough in special operations and intelligence operations to see it. What pisses ME off is that most of the Congress is and they keep going after the wrong stuff because they want to rev up the public.

exotix
06-11-2014, 08:58 AM
Keep in mind Hillary has apologized for voting YaY on the Resolution to go into Iraq.

Neocons and neocons now disguised as tea partiers believe Iraq is the greatest thing that ever happened to them

Codename Section
06-11-2014, 08:58 AM
Do you like Hillary?

I don't dislike her, but I can't say I like too many people in DC. Rand, Lee, Amash, Leahy (sometimes), those are just a few I can name.

Codename Section
06-11-2014, 08:59 AM
Keep in mind Hillary has apologized for voting yay on the Resolution to go into Iraq.

Neocons and neocons now disguised as tea partiers believe Iraq is the greatest thing that ever happened to them

Shut up. Just shut up. She voted for it and needs to own it. Even Bush says now he thinks maybe we shouldn't have gone, does that absolve him? No.

We pay for our bad choices. I know I do, so should they.

nathanbforrest45
06-11-2014, 09:00 AM
I don't recall calling Hillary a dyke or Barry a fag.

You don't need to be direct anymore. I am sure a well respected liberal can find enough code words in your initial post to label you as I pointed out.

nathanbforrest45
06-11-2014, 09:02 AM

What does the Secretary of State and the President actually do other than go on television and tell the American people it wasn't their fault and they didn't know about it?

Mr. Mensch
06-11-2014, 09:04 AM
You don't need to be direct anymore. I am sure a well respected liberal can find enough code words in your initial post to label you as I pointed out.

Dang it! You figured out that when I call them by their first names that I am calling Hillary a fat dyke and Barry a closet homosexual.

nathanbforrest45
06-11-2014, 09:05 AM
Dang it! You figured out that when I call them by their first names that I am calling Hillary a fat dyke and Barry a closet homosexual.

Actually, I read it the other way around :grin:

Codename Section
06-11-2014, 09:06 AM
What does the Secretary of State and the President actually do other than go on television and tell the American people it wasn't their fault and they didn't know about it?

She never said she didn't know about it, that's Obama. She said it was her responsibility but that she didn't make the decision which is probably true.

Like I said, do you think that the CEO of Walmart should be fired for the bad security protocols of the Vegas store? OR do you think Walmart has a head of security?

There is this thing called "delegation of duty".

You can not like Hillary's politics but there is no fucking way that the Secretary of State has the time to oversee every single facet of every single US location across the globe. FACT.

So it's her responsibility because she hired the person who does security but she didn't make that call.

exotix
06-11-2014, 09:15 AM
Shut up. Just shut up. She voted for it and needs to own it. Even Bush says now he thinks maybe we shouldn't have gone, does that absolve him? No.

We pay for our bad choices. I know I do, so should they.
You jus' nutha pain-in-the-ass American Citizen like the rest of us ... you don't have the luxury of deciding whether or not you can own up to what you did.

nathanbforrest45
06-11-2014, 09:40 AM
She never said she didn't know about it, that's Obama. She said it was her responsibility but that she didn't make the decision which is probably true.

Like I said, do you think that the CEO of Walmart should be fired for the bad security protocols of the Vegas store? OR do you think Walmart has a head of security?

There is this thing called "delegation of duty".

You can not like Hillary's politics but there is no fucking way that the Secretary of State has the time to oversee every single facet of every single US location across the globe. FACT.

So it's her responsibility because she hired the person who does security but she didn't make that call.

In the United States Navy if a ship runs aground or collides with another vessel the Commanding Officer is relieved of duty. He cannot claim "Well, I delegated that to my Officer of the Deck and he was responsible for the safety of this ship" Recently a Commanding Officer was relieved of duty after running aground in the Philippines, even though he was relying on charts provided him by the Navy Department that were incorrect.

Should we expect less from our senior government officials than we do from mid level Naval Officers?

Codename Section
06-11-2014, 09:42 AM
You jus' nutha pain-in-the-ass American Citizen like the rest of us ... you don't have the luxury of deciding whether or not you can own up to what you did.

Sure I do and I can hold those assholes accountable, too. It's easy to say in an election cycle that you regret voting for an extremely unpopular war, especially when you voted with the popular desire to begin with.

She's got no principles.

Codename Section
06-11-2014, 09:43 AM
In the United States Navy if a ship runs aground or collides with another vessel the Commanding Officer is relieved of duty. He cannot claim "Well, I delegated that to my Officer of the Deck and he was responsible for the safety of this ship" Recently a Commanding Officer was relieved of duty after running aground in the Philippines, even though he was relying on charts provided him by the Navy Department that were incorrect.

Should we expect less from our senior government officials than we do from mid level Naval Officers?

I asked you about Walmart because a) its civilians, and b) its civilians like her. We also can't quit our jobs in the military either. Lots of differences there.

However, the XO and CO would take responsibility for it, which is what she did. She said it was her responsibility. I'm not seeing your problem.

nathanbforrest45
06-11-2014, 10:00 AM
I asked you about Walmart because a) its civilians, and b) its civilians like her. We also can't quit our jobs in the military either. Lots of differences there.

However, the XO and CO would take responsibility for it, which is what she did. She said it was her responsibility. I'm not seeing your problem.

And the CO or XO would be held accountable and would pay the price. She is not being held accountable for that responsibility. "yeah, ok, I was responsible but it wasn't really my fault". OK, oh immaculate one, we forgive you for your extremely poor choice in picking a chief of security.

I don't understand why you are supporting her in this. Harry Truman had a sign on his desk "The Buck Stops Here". She has a sign on her desk that must state "The buck stops where I can push it off".

She is like Hanoi Jane Fonda, the American Traitor Bitch, who said, oh gee, I'm sorry but the war was wrong and I probably shouldn't have done that. Still not taking any responsibility for her actions or inaction's in this case.

Mr. Mensch
06-11-2014, 10:02 AM
And the CO or XO would be held accountable and would pay the price. She is not being held accountable for that responsibility. "yeah, ok, I was responsible but it wasn't really my fault". OK, oh immaculate one, we forgive you for your extremely poor choice in picking a chief of security.

I don't understand why you are supporting her in this. Harry Truman had a sign on his desk "The Buck Stops Here". She has a sign on her desk that must state "The buck stops where I can push it off".

She is like Hanoi Jane Fonda, the American Traitor Bitch, who said, oh gee, I'm sorry but the war was wrong and I probably shouldn't have done that. Still not taking any responsibility for her actions or inaction's in this case.

And her acting like it doesn't matter why they were killed really pisses people off.

She should be at the head of the line demanding explanations and ensuring that this doesn't happen again.

Codename Section
06-11-2014, 11:39 AM

She resigned. That's what senior officers do when shit happens on their watch. What more do you want?

Seriously.

You now have the power to not vote for her ever again, not buy her books, and talk shit about her on the Internet.

Codename Section
06-11-2014, 11:40 AM
And her acting like it doesn't matter why they were killed really pisses people off.

She should be at the head of the line demanding explanations and ensuring that this doesn't happen again.

How do you know what happened behind the scenes?

You probably think that the Ambassador was out in some remote relatively unguarded locale just to do something perfectly above board and legal.

Mr. Mensch
06-11-2014, 11:44 AM
How do you know what happened behind the scenes?

You probably think that the Ambassador was out in some remote relatively unguarded locale just to do something perfectly above board and legal.

Regardless of why he was there, legally or illegally, the State Department is responsible for his actions and safety.

For some reason, Hillary is afraid to address these issues openly and honestly. What is she hiding? If it really "doesn't matter", then come out and state what actually happened.

No one in their right mind should trust her or her ability to make decisions.

Adelaide
06-11-2014, 05:56 PM
No shit, Sherlock but she doesn't micromanage every detail since she is Secretary of State, meaning she heads up diplomacy for the WHOLE FUCKING PLANET. Every country's embassy and relations is under her diplomatic guidance and you're talking about the security details of one spook location.

There are people under her that do that, which is why she said it is her responsibility, but she didn't make the decision.

I highly doubt Sam Walton is following up on the Charlottesville Walmart store security team. Do you blame old Sam for those two screwheads in Vegas shooting up a Wallyworld?

There are plenty of reasons to get your panties in a pinch over Benghazi, plenty but you're not educated enough in special operations and intelligence operations to see it. What pisses ME off is that most of the Congress is and they keep going after the wrong stuff because they want to rev up the public.

That is something that has always bothered me. We expect these cabinet members and even the President to know every detail of every place and every situation and every person. Nope - that's what advisors are for and why whole departments of thousands of employees work for individuals who hold those positions.

Peter1469
06-11-2014, 06:05 PM
That is something that has always bothered me. We expect these cabinet members and even the President to know every detail of every place and every situation and every person. Nope - that's what advisors are for and why whole departments of thousands of employees work for individuals who hold those positions.

It is likely that none of these people were briefed prior to the attack (although you would think a concern for certain embassies for the 9-11 anniversary would would have been at least a footnote in the president's daily briefing starting at least a week prior).

But they do get briefed really fast when the shit hits the fan. Those staff that you mention work non-stop to make those briefs and updates them by the minute. The actions after that point were political, driven by election politics, not crisis management.

Codename Section
06-11-2014, 06:13 PM
Regardless of why he was there, legally or illegally, the State Department is responsible for his actions and safety.

For some reason, Hillary is afraid to address these issues openly and honestly. What is she hiding? If it really "doesn't matter", then come out and state what actually happened.

No one in their right mind should trust her or her ability to make decisions.

First, I'm not a fan of progressives. I think she should have gotten fired or asked to resign because it was on her watch. BUT that whole "it just doesn't matter" was taken out of context. I've said the same thing before. Why doesn't matter to people, only the outcome.

I want to expose what happened there so people can see what our government does behind the scenes, but I think we should be honest in our approach and how we treat the situation because it is alienating when we don't.

Common Sense
06-11-2014, 06:24 PM
First, I'm not a fan of progressives. I think she should have gotten fired or asked to resign because it was on her watch. BUT that whole "it just doesn't matter" was taken out of context. I've said the same thing before. Why doesn't matter to people, only the outcome.

I want to expose what happened there so people can see what our government does behind the scenes, but I think we should be honest in our approach and how we treat the situation because it is alienating when we don't.

Kudos for being one of the few honest ones around here.