PDA

View Full Version : White House Now Says Obama Is Responsible for Bergdahl/Taliban Swap After All

Mr. Mensch
06-11-2014, 11:37 AM
One of the best things about living in the Age of Obama is that every day, if not every hour, there’s a new version of reality. It keeps you on your toes!
President Obama was responsible for the decision to swap five Taliban militants for Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, the White House said Tuesday.

The White House sought to deflect charges from congressional Republicans that the administration was trying to pin blame on Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel for the trade.

“The president’s the commander in chief, and the president’s the one that’s ultimately responsible for making sure that we fulfill this commitment that we don’t leave anybody behind,” White House spokesman Josh Earnest told reporters.

Of course he is. Shame on Monday’s White House (http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/10/latest-white-house-excuse-the-bergdahltaliban-swap-is-chuck-hagels-fault/) for saying otherwise. Right, Tuesday’s White House?
This is the official truth as of the time of this writing. Don’t get too used to it, because it can change at any moment.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/11/never-mind-white-house-now-says-obama-is-responsible-for-bergdahltaliban-swap-after-all/#ixzz34Lj0CbcD

And the story changes again. It must be difficult for Obama to keep all of his lies straight

Common Sense
06-11-2014, 12:59 PM
Well, as the WH never stated to the public that it was Hagel's call. Buck McKeon said it...not the WH. So no, the story hasn't changed.

Bob
06-11-2014, 01:01 PM
Well, as the WH never stated to the public that it was Hagel's call. Buck McKeon said it...not the WH. So no, the story hasn't changed.

This is the same Obama that rushed out to brag he killed Bin Laden.

This is a case where Obama ducked this until today.

nathanbforrest45
06-11-2014, 01:01 PM
I never said that, someone else said that, you didn't hear me say that, its not my fault I didn't say that.

Common Sense
06-11-2014, 01:11 PM
I never said that, someone else said that, you didn't hear me say that, its not my fault I didn't say that.

But did the WH say it? Was there a press release or a speech indicating that Hagel made the call? No. We're getting hearsay from a Rep who attended a meeting. That suddenly becomes gospel.

Venus
06-11-2014, 01:15 PM
Of course he was did anyone actually believe otherwise?

1751_Texan
06-11-2014, 01:49 PM
Mushrooms need their daily dose of shit.

nathanbforrest45
06-11-2014, 02:12 PM
Its kind of like the entire Benghazi debacle. Barack Hussein Obama never ever, not once, said it was because of a video by a little known fundamentalist preacher. He never uttered those words, not even while sleeping. If you get one of your minions to make those statements then you can always claim it wasn't you, nope, not me, it wasn't me, I didn't do it. Nope nope nope.

Is pronouncements coming from White House Staff to ALWAYS be discounted? Does the most powerful man in the world have so little control over his staff he has no idea what they are saying and EVERYTHING is actually counter to what he believes? One would think so.

momsapplepie
06-11-2014, 05:32 PM
“The president’s the commander in chief, and the president’s the one that’s ultimately responsible for making sure that we fulfill this commitment that we don’t leave anybody behind,” White House spokesman Josh Earnest told reporters.

Then what the hell happened in Benghazi and why isn't Obama taking credit for HIS screw up??????