PDA

View Full Version : If not Hillary, who?

nathanbforrest45
06-11-2014, 12:33 PM
If Hillary decides not to run (highly unlikely) who do you think the Democrats will run in her place? The only way she won't get the nomination is if she does not run. The press will not allow any other outcome.

Matty
06-11-2014, 12:39 PM
Stupid old Bernie sanders.

sachem
06-11-2014, 12:47 PM
Good question. Maybe someone will appear on the horizon after the mid-terms.

Codename Section
06-11-2014, 12:50 PM
She's going to run. She already said "Rand's doing to be fair game" for scrutiny so not only is she going to run but she's thinking it could be against him.

I will bust a fucking nut if Rand is the GOP nominee and I will take one for the team in VA by going door to door and banging liberal soccer moms if they vote for Rand.

nathanbforrest45
06-11-2014, 12:50 PM
Stupid old Bernie sanders.

He may run but he will not be supported by the Democratic Party.

What do you think the Democratic Party platform should be? Do the parties even have platforms any more?

nathanbforrest45
06-11-2014, 12:52 PM
She's going to run. She already said "Rand's doing to be fair game" for scrutiny so not only is she going to run but she's thinking it could be against him.

I will bust a fucking nut if Rand is the GOP nominee and I will take one for the team in VA by going door to door and banging liberal soccer moms if they vote for Rand.

The things you would do for God and Country just brings a tear to my eye.

Perianne
06-11-2014, 12:55 PM
I think that fake injun will try to run.

Common Sense
06-11-2014, 01:03 PM
I think the primaries will include Warren, Clinton, Booker, maybe Biden and Cuomo.

momsapplepie
06-11-2014, 01:05 PM
Booker? you mean the one under investigation?

Codename Section
06-11-2014, 01:05 PM
I pray it's Warren versus Rand. He'll win by a landslide when he debates Planet Clueless. I'll bet you if Rand runs he'll take Patrick Leahy as a running mate.

Venus
06-11-2014, 01:07 PM
Something drastic will have to happen in order for her not to run. She is already laying the ground work this book and tour.

Common Sense
06-11-2014, 01:09 PM
I pray it's Warren versus Rand. He'll win by a landslide when he debates Planet Clueless. I'll bet you if Rand runs he'll take Patrick Leahy as a running mate.

She's actually quite a smart lady. Rand has a limited appeal and comes off a bit crazy to moderates.

Codename Section
06-11-2014, 01:12 PM
She's actually quite a smart lady. Rand has a limited appeal and comes off a bit crazy to moderates.

LOL. You made me blow tea out my nose. Dude, she comes off absolutely insane in interviews and has a crazy eye look. She's the type of liberal that could ONLY get elected in Massachusetts or New York.

Common Sense
06-11-2014, 01:13 PM
LOL. You made me blow tea out my nose. Dude, she comes off absolutely insane in interviews and has a crazy eye look. She's the type of liberal that could ONLY get elected in Massachusetts or New York.

That's perception. The same could be said about Paul. She's made quite a name for herself as an advocate for consumer protection.

exotix
06-11-2014, 01:14 PM
Warren or Sanders ... who no doubt will whup azz.

Bob
06-11-2014, 01:20 PM
It is reported that Democrats fucked Cantor up.

That they voted not for the D, but Cantors opponent. Who knows, maybe they voted at one place for the D and other places for Cantors opponent.

Nothing they do surprises me.

Mainecoons
06-11-2014, 01:24 PM
Since this district is so die hard Republican, what would be the good of Democrats knocking off Cantor? Especially since he's become a fellow traveler of the Obama Open Borders movement.

Seems to me that knowing the district is going to be Republican, it would have been better for Democrats to go to the polls and vote for Cantor.

What am I missing here?

nathanbforrest45
06-11-2014, 02:17 PM
Since this district is so die hard Republican, what would be the good of Democrats knocking off Cantor? Especially since he's become a fellow traveler of the Obama Open Borders movement.

Seems to me that knowing the district is going to be Republican, it would have been better for Democrats to go to the polls and vote for Cantor.

What am I missing here?

You seem to be discounting the sheer lunacy of the die hard Democrats who are frightened out of their skins of the Tea Party movement. They see their power and control slipping away and will make up any story to attempt to maintain that.

You are of course correct, since they had a Fellow Traveler in Cantor and a strong tendency for the district to vote Republican why would they resort to dirty tricks to remove him?

nic34
06-11-2014, 02:21 PM

What am I missing here?

To create a rift w/ repubs, why do you think.... duh.

Codename Section
06-11-2014, 02:29 PM
That's perception. The same could be said about Paul. She's made quite a name for herself as an advocate for consumer protection.

Then she should stay there. I saw her interviewed about Hillary Clinton whose policies she disagreed with and she was flustered and floundering when they questioned her about how she can support someone whose policies she disagreed with.

It was a simple question and she couldn't answer. Hillary would have wiped the floor with her in confidence and quick responses.

nathanbforrest45
06-11-2014, 03:12 PM
To create a rift w/ repubs, why do you think.... duh.

What riff? Perhaps you are correct and those who would vote for a Cantor would also vote for a Democrat since Cantor was little different but I think the American people are becoming increasingly annoyed at liberalism and its belief that the citizens of this country are too stupid to even tie their own shoes.

Mainecoons
06-11-2014, 03:29 PM
I think the primaries will include Warren, Clinton, Booker, maybe Biden and Cuomo.

That's not a bad list!

Codename Section
06-11-2014, 03:31 PM
I pray to God its either Warren or Biden!

The Sage of Main Street
06-11-2014, 04:06 PM
Warren, McAuliffe, or Webb. The consensus of self-appointed pundits was that Hillary had it locked for 2008, so she's history. Despite the paranoia of the ignorant RWNJs, the media are bored sick of her and the 60s clique she stands for.

Codename Section
06-11-2014, 04:33 PM
Warren, McAuliffe, or Webb. The consensus of self-appointed pundits was that Hillary had it locked for 2008, so she's history. Despite the paranoia of the ignorant RWNJs, the media are bored sick of her and the 60s clique she stands for.

Ooooh, Jim Webb. I forgot about him. He's ok.

nathanbforrest45
06-11-2014, 05:34 PM
Why can't we discuss Democrats without being called names because we have a different opinion from the self appointed pundits? Why must we be referred to as the "ignorant Right Wing Nut Jobs" because we see her more than just testing the waters. Will she get the nomination? Not being psychic we don't know. All I can say based on what I see is she is going to run and the press is going to support her. So, Sage old buddy, either shut the fuck up or tone down the name calling would you?

Adelaide
06-11-2014, 05:40 PM
I'm sure there are plenty of people hiding in the woodwork... and whether she runs will determine whether anyone else decides to run for the Democrats. So we'll probably have no idea at all until the time comes for her to actually say she's going to do it.

Codename Section
06-11-2014, 05:45 PM
She wants to do it, but Sage is kinda right if Jim Webb runs the Dems have their way "in" because he's a moderate who quit because he hated Washingtonian politics. It is rare for Americans to give any party more than 2 terms in the White House, if they get 3 like after Reagan it is because the other part did something so incredibly stupid like put up a super short ultra liberal.

Most Americans are independents and didn't want to rock the boat mid-term with a dude who seemed like an asshole and without a gameplan that much different in the debates than Obama.

You put up a Mass liberal who was so gullible (seeming) that she never questioned why her blonde haired, nordic looking family considered itself partial native who gets really weird when questioned against either Rand or Jeb Bush and it just won't happen for Dems.

Hillary is too old, fact, but Jim Webb is a war hero, legit, from Appalachia and "good people"...he could do it.

nathanbforrest45
06-11-2014, 07:45 PM
I'm sure there are plenty of people hiding in the woodwork... and whether she runs will determine whether anyone else decides to run for the Democrats. So we'll probably have no idea at all until the time comes for her to actually say she's going to do it.

It seems to me that Hillary is gumming up the works by her reticence to declare her candidacy. Everyone is holding their breath and not wanting to seem they want to challenge her. This will affect their ability to raise money for any possible run. On the other hand the Republicans are lining up for the fight.

Bob
06-11-2014, 07:54 PM
She wants to do it, but Sage is kinda right if Jim Webb runs the Dems have their way "in" because he's a moderate who quit because he hated Washingtonian politics. It is rare for Americans to give any party more than 2 terms in the White House, if they get 3 like after Reagan it is because the other part did something so incredibly stupid like put up a super short ultra liberal.

Most Americans are independents and didn't want to rock the boat mid-term with a dude who seemed like an asshole and without a gameplan that much different in the debates than Obama.

You put up a Mass liberal who was so gullible (seeming) that she never questioned why her blonde haired, nordic looking family considered itself partial native who gets really weird when questioned against either Rand or Jeb Bush and it just won't happen for Dems.

Hillary is too old, fact, but Jim Webb is a war hero, legit, from Appalachia and "good people"...he could do it.

Well

Webb was once a republican. I don't see him winning anything.

Bob
06-11-2014, 08:01 PM

What am I missing here?

I have not yet checked the district 7 demographics, but plan to do so. We will first find out if Cantor thinks it happened. As to why? Cantor had a high office. They must believe they can defeat Brat. If you know the district analysis, do us a favor and post it.

Mr. Mensch
06-13-2014, 07:27 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/mrz061314dAPR20140613124534.jpg