PDA

View Full Version : For our resident potheads

Captain Obvious
06-17-2014, 02:20 PM
Wonder if your dope came in this guys asscrack.

(And, if you tell me that you're certain your dope is "locally grown" and wholesome, I'll know you're full of shit)

Deputy: Florida man hid drugs under 'stomach fat'

http://www.wpxi.com/ap/ap/strange/deputy-florida-man-hid-drugs-under-stomach-fat/ngL56/

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/img/photos/2014/06/16/38/ad/ec0085eee4fb40e094f076a2569037ae-6e22bf3bdca546a0898faf1bda0f8720-0.jpg

The Xl
06-17-2014, 02:27 PM
Nasty

The Xl
06-17-2014, 02:28 PM
Dudes head looks like a black humpty dumpty

Libhater
06-17-2014, 03:03 PM
Dudes head looks like a black humpty dumpty

Wrong, in actuality that is cigar before getting fingerprinted for having swiped someone's new set of Tiger Wood's brand golf clubs.

1751_Texan
06-17-2014, 03:05 PM
I read the title as "Four of our Presidents were potheads". Nixon, Bush II, Clinton and Obama was gonna be my answers.

Spectre
06-17-2014, 03:10 PM
I wonder if libertarianism as we know it would even exist without pot, both as a cause celebre and as a prime modifier of the libertarian brain.

Libhater
06-17-2014, 03:21 PM
I read the title as "Four of our Presidents were potheads". Nixon, Bush II, Clinton and Obama was gonna be my answers.

Nixon a pothead? LOL! He was as straight as they get.

Spectre
06-17-2014, 03:22 PM
Nixon a pothead? LOL! He was as straight as they get.
Maybe Pat Nixon was a pothead...:laugh:

Common Sense
06-17-2014, 03:32 PM

(And, if you tell me that you're certain your dope is "locally grown" and wholesome, I'll know you're full of shit)

http://www.wpxi.com/ap/ap/strange/deputy-florida-man-hid-drugs-under-stomach-fat/ngL56/

What very little pot I smoke or eat is locally grown.

Alyosha
06-17-2014, 03:45 PM
People grow it in national parks here. :) I love "the commons".

Cigar
06-17-2014, 03:48 PM
Wrong, in actuality that is cigar before getting fingerprinted for having swiped someone's new set of Tiger Wood's brand golf clubs.

Isn't great to have yo bitch say yo name ...

What's my Name Bitch :laugh:

Green Arrow
06-17-2014, 05:13 PM

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/img/photos/2014/06/16/38/ad/ec0085eee4fb40e094f076a2569037ae-6e22bf3bdca546a0898faf1bda0f8720-0.jpg

Uhm...so...if I go to my supplier's little farm, and watch him grow it, I can't be certain it's locally grown?

...allegedly.

sachem
06-17-2014, 05:25 PM
Maybe Pat Nixon was a pothead...:laugh:She was a drunk. But then again, she almost had to be.

sachem
06-17-2014, 05:28 PM
I hope he had it in a baggie.

Libhater
06-17-2014, 06:09 PM
Isn't great to have yo bitch say yo name ...

What's my Name Bitch :laugh:

It worked...I got to draw you out from obscurity. Just checking to see if you were doing time in jail or not. What's the name your cellmate bitch called you during the time you were incarcerated last year?

Mr. Nygma
06-17-2014, 07:51 PM
If you're buying instead of growing or knowing and trading with the grower you're not a heavy weed smoker.

Blackrook
06-17-2014, 08:08 PM
My daughter started smoking dope, and then she got a ticket on federal land, so it was a federal misdemeanor.

I went to court, and since it was a first offense, I got the case dismissed in return for community service.

She is now a nanny. If she had that drug conviction, she would not be able to get a job in her chosen field.

Mr. Nygma
06-17-2014, 08:08 PM
That's the fault of the state not your daughter.

Green Arrow
06-17-2014, 08:11 PM

Or pot.

Blackrook
06-17-2014, 08:11 PM
Until the law changes, it is your fault if you are stupid enough to break the law.

Green Arrow
06-17-2014, 08:12 PM
Until the law changes, it is your fault if you are stupid enough to break the law.

There's nothing stupid about civil disobedience. It has been practiced by some of the greatest minds in history, from Jesus to Gandhi and MLK.

Spectre
06-17-2014, 08:15 PM
There's nothing stupid about civil disobedience. It has been practiced by some of the greatest minds in history, from Jesus to Gandhi and MLK.

They broke the law to advance the human condition and to work for justice for oppressed people.

Stoners break the law to get a wicked buzz.

NOT exactly on the same moral plane, there.:laugh:

Mister D
06-17-2014, 08:17 PM

Those men were willing to face the consequences. Most stoners aren't.

The Xl
06-17-2014, 08:18 PM
I wonder if libertarianism as we know it would even exist without pot, both as a cause celebre and as a prime modifier of the libertarian brain.

That's odd, as I'm a strong minarchist libertarian, am 5'9 202lbs and 10% body fat, take my health and body very seriously and have never smoked once in my life, pot or anything else.

Tell me more, Dr. Phil Spectre.

Green Arrow
06-17-2014, 08:18 PM
They broke the law to advance the human condition and to work for justice for oppressed people.

Civil disobedience is civil disobedience.

Green Arrow
06-17-2014, 08:19 PM
Those men were willing to face the consequences. Most stoners aren't.

No argument there.

sachem
06-17-2014, 08:21 PM
Until the law changes, it is your fault if you are stupid enough to break the law.That is true.

Spectre
06-17-2014, 08:22 PM
By the way, I lean towards pot legalization, but am not quite there yet.

I would decriminalize possession for personal use, however.

Blackrook
06-17-2014, 08:23 PM
Jesus never broke any laws, either Roman law or Judaic law. He was very careful to obey the law, in order that it was clear that he was totally innocent and his crucifixion was the unjust killing of an innocent man. The sacrifice would not have worked if Jesus was a common criminal who met his just end.

Gandhi and MLK broke laws to liberate their people from unjust laws that discriminated against them. They were martyrs because they died for that cause.

If my daughter gets a ticket for possession of dope, she is not a martyr, she is screwing up her life for no good purpose.

She has learned her lesson. She no longer associates with her doper friends and has moved on from her mistake.

If you think the law should be changed, work within the system to change it.

But if you break the law, expect to face the consequences.

The Xl
06-17-2014, 08:28 PM
An unjust law is no law at all.

Fuck unjust laws, their supporters, and the "consequences"

Blackrook
06-17-2014, 08:50 PM
An unjust law is no law at all.

Fuck unjust laws, their supporters, and the "consequences"
You obviously don't have children. I do.

I intervened in my daughter's case so she would not face the consequences of her stupid decision to smoke pot. She is lucky she has a father who is an attorney, or she might have a drug conviction now, rendering her ineligible for all childcare and teaching positions.

The real punishment for a drug conviction is not the small fine, or the jail time, it is the fact that doors are slammed in your face by prospective employers who will not trust you with money, children, or anything else important.

And that is because drug users have a well-deserved reputation for being people who can't be trusted.

Mr. Freeze
06-17-2014, 09:43 PM

I intervened in my daughter's case so she would not face the consequences of her stupid decision to smoke pot. She is lucky she has a father who is an attorney, or she might have a drug conviction now, rendering her ineligible for all childcare and teaching positions.

The real punishment for a drug conviction is not the small fine, or the jail time, it is the fact that doors are slammed in your face by prospective employers who will not trust you with money, children, or anything else important.

And that is because drug users have a well-deserved reputation for being people who can't be trusted.

You'd have to be the worst attorney in the world to not get someone off on a pot conviction. I represented myself and I have no record.

Mr. Freeze
06-17-2014, 09:44 PM
Jesus never broke any laws, either Roman law or Judaic law. He was very careful to obey the law, in order that it was clear that he was totally innocent and his crucifixion was the unjust killing of an innocent man. The sacrifice would not have worked if Jesus was a common criminal who met his just end..

Did you read John like at all?

Dr. Who
06-17-2014, 09:50 PM
Libelling another member is not only illegal, it is bad faith. Knock it off.

Dr. Who
06-17-2014, 09:51 PM
It worked...I got to draw you out from obscurity. Just checking to see if you were doing time in jail or not. What's the name your cellmate bitch called you during the time you were incarcerated last year?
More libel, Libhater. That's two.

Private Pickle
06-17-2014, 10:02 PM

So I'm huge Pot Head and I look nothing like that. I'm functional. I'm successful. I work for the largest IT company in the world and I try to stay stoned the entire time.

i make $225K a year and I'm stoned 90% of the time. No lie..

corporate America is a joke.... We should all be suckling off that teet...l

Private Pickle
06-17-2014, 10:12 PM
Anyone who wants to disparate the argument of legalized weed just talk to me. I'm the poster child for true conservative values. Values that include true power of choice. True republicanism. True freedom.

Bottom line: If I CAN make a choice that doesn't effect the freedoms of others than I am truly free.

Mr. Nygma
06-17-2014, 10:18 PM

You're wrong. I smoke pot daily and have never let a friend down. I also have a job, a great family, and awesome friends. I have a great life and am pretty darn happy.

Private Pickle
06-17-2014, 10:20 PM
You're wrong. I smoke pot daily and have never let a friend down. I also have a job, a great family, and awesome friends. I have a great life and am pretty darn happy.

Pot is incredibly mis-understood given the marketing that has been geared against it for the last 90 years...

Mr. Nygma
06-17-2014, 10:24 PM
Pot is incredibly mis-understood given the marketing that has been geared against it for the last 90 years...

Most people who are against it haven't tried it. They compare it to being really drunk and then think "its worse!!!!"

Private Pickle
06-17-2014, 10:25 PM
Most people who are against it haven't tried it. They compare it to being really drunk and then think "its worse!!!!"

ignorance.

Spectre
06-17-2014, 10:26 PM
Because your brain is essentially melting from THC saturation, you are probably misunderstanding your situation.

Your brain damage is probably irreversible.

Sad....

Mr. Nygma
06-17-2014, 10:27 PM
Because your brain is essentially melting from THC saturation, you are probably misunderstanding your situation.

Sad....

Except studies now show that it strengthens neurotransmitters and is good for the brain. Did you know it harms fewer brain cells than alcohol?

Spectre
06-17-2014, 10:28 PM

I was an occasional weekend toker from the late 70s to the late 90s with large gaps where I did not smoke at all.

I know what pot is.

Private Pickle
06-17-2014, 10:29 PM

Sad....

Dude...you just sound stupid at this point....go give it a try before labeling it so incorrectly.

Spectre
06-17-2014, 10:29 PM
Except studies now show that it strengthens neurotransmitters and is good for the brain. Did you know it harms fewer brain cells than alcohol?
You are terribly, terribly self-deluded here, the most up-to-date research shows that the damage can be terrible and not reversible.

Spectre
06-17-2014, 10:30 PM
Dude...you just sound stupid at this point....go give it a try before labeling it so incorrectly.

See post above...

Private Pickle
06-17-2014, 10:31 PM
I was an occasional weekend toker from the late 70s to the late 90s with large gaps where I did not smoke at all.

I know what pot is.

You know what it is to you...you assume what it is to others... Never legislate on assumptions...

Mr. Nygma
06-17-2014, 10:31 PM
You are terribly, tertibly self-deluded here, the most up-to-date research shows that the damage can be terrible and not reversible.

I have no idea what you're talking about since I just read something from Stanford, but I do know that I should probably smoke some pot and play my guitar instead of arguing and ruining my vibe.

Have a good one, dude.

Private Pickle
06-17-2014, 10:32 PM
See post above...

ditto

Private Pickle
06-17-2014, 10:34 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about since I just read something from Stanford, but I do know that I should probably smoke some pot and play my guitar instead of arguing and ruining my vibe.

Have a good one, dude.

I play an '83 Gibson Standard.

Spectre
06-17-2014, 10:34 PM
It is so, SO easy to tell the hard-core potheads.

They're muzzy, vague, unfocused...with those who've done it for many years, you look in their eyes and you know half their souls are gone, they are no longer the people you knew.

del
06-17-2014, 10:37 PM

They're muzzy, vague, unfocused...with those who've done it for many years, you look in their eyes and you know half their souls are gone, they are no longer the people you knew.
^
drama empress

Private Pickle
06-17-2014, 10:38 PM

False stereotype FTL.

Refugee
06-17-2014, 10:39 PM
Keep at it. Tobacco smokers too used to think it was cool until later in life they started to cough their lungs up. Dope heads will have added adverse Psychological effects, but not now; now it’s cool and radical, later on. Same for any kind of substance misuse, including alcohol.

Spectre
06-17-2014, 10:40 PM
False stereotype FTL.

Dude, I KNOW people like that, for fuck's sake!!!:angry:

Spectre
06-17-2014, 10:48 PM
Let's face it, most of us have seen the stoned boneheads interviewed in Colorado on Watter's world, and those of us who have had some exposure to that environment are NOT surprised by the display of slack-jawed, heavy-lidded retardation we see there.

We EXPECT it.

Green Arrow
06-17-2014, 11:43 PM
Dude, I KNOW people like that, for fuck's sake!!!:angry:

Yeah, well, I know metalheads that did every drug out there and then went to prison for rape, theft, or murder. Therefore, all metalheads are drug using criminals, yourself included.

I love this game!

Spectre
06-17-2014, 11:49 PM
Yeah, well, I know metalheads that did every drug out there and then went to prison for rape, theft, or murder. Therefore, all metalheads are drug using criminals, yourself included.

I love this game!

If they do that they belong in prison.

FYI...

I like an awful lot of metal. I'm not a 'metalhead'.

I like punk, traditional Celtic, jazz, and above all, classical music.

'Metalheads' just listen to metal and dress the part. It's a subculture.

Alyosha
06-18-2014, 07:32 AM
Plus Canadians all like to have sex with moose, so we can't trust them on anything.

Spectre
06-18-2014, 08:04 AM
Plus Canadians all like to have sex with moose, so we can't trust them on anything.

Don't knock it til you've tried it!:laugh:

Refugee
06-18-2014, 08:09 AM

Moose abuse! Goddammit, that's sick. I hope they use a condom, no wonder they look strange. :laugh:

Spectre
06-18-2014, 08:14 AM
Moose abuse! Goddammit, that's sick. I hope they use a condom, no wonder they look strange. :laugh:
Canadians are mostly part moose, that's why their women have great racks and the men are so horny.

Mister D
06-18-2014, 08:18 AM
Why would anyone think burning a plant and inhaling the smoke is good for you? :rollseyes:

Alyosha
06-18-2014, 08:20 AM
People use vaporizers now. Why do people take drugs with the listed side effects? I mean, name one that doesn't have them.

I'll wait.

Green Arrow
06-18-2014, 08:21 AM
Why would anyone think burning a plant and inhaling the smoke is good for you? :rollseyes:

Why would anyone think crushing up leaves in water and drinking it would be good for you? Mother Gaia has blessed us with a natural world that provides us with many remedies.

Alyosha
06-18-2014, 08:21 AM
It says in the Bible that there is a green thing on earth for all that ail us.

Green Arrow
06-18-2014, 08:22 AM
People use vaporizers now. Why do people take drugs with the listed side effects? I mean, name one that doesn't have them.

I'll wait.

I was laughing with my dad the other night 'cause one of those commercials came on and 90% of the commercial was listing warnings and side effects interspersed with images of smiling old people :tongue:

Spectre
06-18-2014, 08:23 AM
It says in the Bible that there is a green thing on earth for all that ail us.
There ya go, even the Good Book wants us to smoke bud!

Fetch me my Zig-Zags!

Mister D
06-18-2014, 08:24 AM
Why would anyone think crushing up leaves in water and drinking it would be good for you? Mother Gaia has blessed us with a natural world that provides us with many remedies.

Burning a plant creates thousands of chemicals. That's the reason smoking tobacco is worse than chewing it. You know how you cough when you inhale smoke? Do you think that's your body saying "man, that was cool. Can we do some more?" :smiley: Please...smoke all you want. I'm not judging. Just don't tell me inhaling the smoke of a burned substance it's good for you.

Alyosha
06-18-2014, 08:26 AM
Burning a plant creates thousands of chemicals. That's the reason smoking tobacco is worse than chewing it. You know how you cough when you inhale smoke? Do you think that's your body saying "man, that was cool. Can we do some more?" :smiley: Please...smoke all you want. I'm not judging. Just don't tell me inhaling the smoke of a burned substance it's good for you.

Do you know how vaporizing works? You should try it sometime.

Green Arrow
06-18-2014, 08:27 AM

I'm telling you science. I'm not suggesting inhaling the smoke is good for you, which is why a lot of people prefer to eat it rather than smoke it. I'm just saying the plant itself has numerous known health benefits.

Mister D
06-18-2014, 08:27 AM
Do you know how vaporizing works? You should try it sometime.

yeah, no one smokes pot anymore. :laugh: They all use vaporizers!

Alyosha
06-18-2014, 08:28 AM
Side effects of antibiotics:

Side Effects of Antibiotics
Antibiotics may have side effects. Some of the more common side effects may include:

Soft stools or diarrhea (http://www.emedicinehealth.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=59276)
Mild stomach upset
You should notify your doctor if you have any of the following side effects:

Vomiting
Severe watery diarrhea and abdominal cramps
Allergic reaction (http://www.emedicinehealth.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=59357) (shortness of breath, hives, swelling of lips, face, or tongue,fainting (http://www.emedicinehealth.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=58678))
Rash (http://www.emedicinehealth.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=101047)
Vaginal itching or discharge
White patches on the tongue

Medical Author:
Everett Stephens, MD

Mister D
06-18-2014, 08:29 AM
I'm telling you science. I'm not suggesting inhaling the smoke is good for you, which is why a lot of people prefer to eat it rather than smoke it. I'm just saying the plant itself has numerous known health benefits.

So inhaling the smoke from a burned substance isn't good for you, right? IOW, anyone who has been smoking pot for years has harmed themselves. Yes, I agree. Why are pot users so defensive?

Mister D
06-18-2014, 08:29 AM
Side effects of antibiotics:

Side Effects of Antibiotics

Antibiotics may have side effects. Some of the more common side effects may include:

Soft stools or diarrhea (http://www.emedicinehealth.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=59276)
Mild stomach upset
You should notify your doctor if you have any of the following side effects:

Vomiting
Severe watery diarrhea and abdominal cramps
Allergic reaction (http://www.emedicinehealth.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=59357) (shortness of breath, hives, swelling of lips, face, or tongue,fainting (http://www.emedicinehealth.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=58678))
Rash (http://www.emedicinehealth.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=101047)
Vaginal itching or discharge
White patches on the tongue

Medical Author:
Everett Stephens, MD

I know you're desperately trying to say something but I'm not sure what it is.

Alyosha
06-18-2014, 08:30 AM
yeah, no one smokes pot anymore. :laugh: They all use vaporizers!

Not my problem if they don't.

Mister D
Not my problem if they don't.

Who said it was? What? lol

Green Arrow
So inhaling the smoke from a burned substance isn't good for you, right? IOW, anyone who has been smoking pot for years has harmed themselves. Yes, I agree. Why are pot users so defensive?

*shrug* I dunno. Have to ask them. Might have something to do with the fact that choosing to harm themselves and nobody else could get them sent to jail.

Alyosha
I know you're desperately trying to say something but I'm not sure what it is.

I'm trying to say something but I reserve desperate for when I'm hanging from a cliff or in bed with Chris Hemsworth.

Alyosha
06-18-2014, 08:32 AM
*shrug* I dunno. Have to ask them. Might have something to do with the fact that choosing to harm themselves and nobody else could get them sent to jail.

LOL, don't fall for the ruse. Saying you're defensive is a trick. Every post in this forum is a response to some other post. Defensive is for someone who feels they've done something wrong.

Pot is no different than any other substance. It has pluses and minuses. Be prepared for both and you'll be alright.

Mister D
06-18-2014, 08:33 AM

Nah it seems like they just feel compelled to justify their lifestyle choices. Suggests they are weak.

Mister D
06-18-2014, 08:33 AM
LOL, don't fall for the ruse. Saying you're defensive is a trick. Every post in this forum is a response to some other post. Defensive is for someone who feels they've done something wrong.

Pot is no different than any other substance. It has pluses and minuses. Be prepared for both and you'll be alright.

Don't fall for my tricks! :grin:

Alyosha
06-18-2014, 08:36 AM
Nah it seems like they just feel compelled to justify their lifestyle choices. Suggests they are weak.

I guess you justify your life choice every day on here then. Conservatism is the ideology of the weak...? Oh lordy what an argument.

Psst. It's a debate forum.

Ssshhhhh, now don't tell anyone, ok?

Alyosha
06-18-2014, 08:36 AM
Don't fall for my tricks! :grin:

I'm not! :)

Mister D
06-18-2014, 08:40 AM
I guess you justify your life choice every day on here then. Conservatism is the ideology of the weak...? Oh lordy what an argument.

Psst. It's a debate forum.

Ssshhhhh, now don't tell anyone, ok?

Conservatism is my life choice? What does that even mean? :grin: Smoking pot is someone's ideology? What?

What are we debating? Whether smoking plant material and inhaling the smoke is good for you or not? lol

Refugee
06-18-2014, 08:40 AM
Canadians are mostly part moose, that's why their women have great racks and the men are so horny.

Well I’m not a racist or anything, my car has four black tyres and I’ve got a coloured TV to prove it, but . . . You know, you’ve got to think of the kids future. Dope head’s and Moose’s don’t mix, everyone knows that.

Common Sense
06-18-2014, 08:43 AM

Do you think fermenting plant matter until it turns into a poison and then consuming said poison is good for you?

There is a cost benefit ratio to most things in our lives...except celery.

Green Arrow
06-18-2014, 08:45 AM
Do you think fermenting plant matter until it turns into a poison and then consuming said poison is good for you?

I dunno, put some peanut butter on it and the celery isn't half bad.

Alyosha
06-18-2014, 08:45 AM
Conservatism is my life choice? What does that even mean? :grin: Smoking pot is someone's ideology? What?

What are we debating? Whether smoking plant material and inhaling the smoke is good for you or not? lol

We were debating pot then you had to roll in with the subject of the psychology beind defending a viewpoint, so I switched courses. It happens.

Mister D
06-18-2014, 08:47 AM

Why all the diversions? Guys. Smoking pot really is not good for you. Fior the VAST majority there is no "cost benefit ratio" to be consider. There is no medical reason for them to consume pot. Deal with it. Whiskey is bad for me but I'm not here claiming otherwise.

Alyosha
06-18-2014, 08:51 AM
Why all the diversions? Guys. Smoking pot really is not good for you. Fior the VAST majority there is no "cost benefit ratio" to be consider. There is no medical reason for them to consume pot. Deal with it. Whiskey is bad for me but I'm not here claiming otherwise.

If you have certain ailments like glaucoma, high blood pressure, or seizures it is good for your ailment. If you're bored its good for your soul. :)

Does it have downsides, sure, but so does Pepsi, cheesecake, and chips. Fuck it. You only live once.

Mister D
06-18-2014, 08:53 AM
If you have certain ailments like glaucoma, high blood pressure, or seizures it is good for your ailment. If you're bored its good for your soul. :)

Does it have downsides, sure, but so does Pepsi, cheesecake, and chips. Fuck it. You only live once.

Like I said, do you what you want. I'm not judging. :smiley:

Spectre
06-18-2014, 08:53 AM
Well I’m not a racist or anything, my car has four black tyres and I’ve got a coloured TV to prove it, but . . . You know, you’ve got to think of the kids future. Dope head’s and Moose’s don’t mix, everyone knows that.

A stoned moose is no animal you'd want to bump into while strolling through the woods.

http://www.phillewisart.com/images/moose500T.jpg (http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=SHOhsWGEWEXRAM&tbnid=V5VPm-Otwrs4GM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fanastgal.livejournal.com%2F539639 .html&ei=tZmhU-nVHJGyyATh-oLIAw&bvm=bv.69137298,d.aWw&psig=AFQjCNENlUt52MI_iIxUGDRf9I_zjAdVbw&ust=1403185941124633)

Alyosha
06-18-2014, 08:54 AM
Like I said, do you what you want. I'm not judging. :smiley:

Ohhh, I'd do what I want anyway and let you judge me. I'll drink Pepsi, too. I like to live dangerous.

Mister D
06-18-2014, 08:55 AM
Ohhh, I'd do what I want anyway and let you judge me. I'll drink Pepsi, too. I like to live dangerous.

I still won't judge. :smiley:

Spectre
06-18-2014, 08:59 AM
What I don't understand is, why, why WHY would anyone want to ingest a drug that demonstrably LOWERS your IQ and makes you MORE STUPID?!?!?!

Maybe irreversibly, if you smoke enough of it.

I've snorted coke a few times too--was NEVER a coke head: at the time I could hardly have afforded to be one anyhow--and that drug probably makes you SHARPER and MORE intelligent, whatever its more harrowing side effects might be for many. I can easily see why this was the drug of choice for Wall Street high rollers in the 80s. Makes you feel like a Master of the Universe and on top of things.

But pot turns you into a moron, a heavy-lidded, slack-jawed, drooling, emptily grinning yob with an IQ of 65.

Common Sense
06-18-2014, 08:59 AM

It's not a diversion, it's a comparison.

Both have negative side effects, but both have some positives. However, pot does seem to have many more medical benefits( yes it actually has medical benefits) than alcohol. As far as recreational use, they're practically on par.

Medical benefits include...

The old standby, Glaucoma, controlling epileptic seizures, it can reduce anxiety, it may slow the progression of Alzheimers, pain relief of MS, chemotherapy, and arthritis. It can also act as an appetite stimulant. There are many benefits, yet it is illegal and alcohol, which causes much more damage, it legal and widely available.

Green Arrow
06-18-2014, 09:02 AM
But pot turns you into a moron, a heavy-lidded, slack-jawed, drooling, emptily grinning yob with an IQ of 65.

That explains a lot. Why didn't you just say from the beginning that you were a pothead? I would have gone easy on you.

Mister D
06-18-2014, 09:02 AM
It's not a diversion, it's a comparison.

Both have negative side effects, but both have some positives. However, pot does seem to have many more medical benefits( yes it actually has medical benefits) than alcohol. As far as recreational use, they're practically on par.

Medical benefits include...

The old standby, Glaucoma, controlling epileptic seizures, it can reduce anxiety, it may slow the progression of Alzheimers, pain relief of MS, chemotherapy, and arthritis. It can also act as an appetite stimulant. There are many benefits, yet it is illegal and alcohol, which causes much more damage, it legal and widely available.

The VAST majority of pot use is recreational. We both know that. Your comparison is a diversion. Essentially, your reply to the question is "well, what about (insert random substance or drug)? It's irrelevant to whether inhaling the smoke from pot is a healthy act. Obviously, (and this is where you should live up to your moniker) it's not.

Refugee
06-18-2014, 09:03 AM
A stoned moose is no animal you'd want to bump into while strolling through the woods.

I mean did you know that Obama was born a Moose? He had to change his name to Obama to get anyone to vote for him. Can you imagine a Commander in Chief referred to as President Moose, or having Moosecare as The Affordable Care Act? Here’s a picture of him with his signature that proves it.

And a photo of young Obama. You can still see the likeness. Rumour has it he’s really Canadian.

"Goddammit Refugee, I said not to tell ’em”

del
06-18-2014, 09:04 AM
What I don't understand is, why, why WHY would anyone want to ingest a drug that demonstrably LOWERS your IQ and makes you MORE STUPID?!?!?!

I've snorted coke a few times too--was NEVER a coke head: at the time I could hardly have afforded to be one anyhow--and that drug probably makes you SHARPER and MORE intelligent, whatever its more harrowing side effects might be for many. I can easily see why this was the drug of choice for Wall Street high rollers in the 80s. Makes you feel like a Master of the Universe and on top of things.

:rofl:

what it makes you feel like and what you are, are two decidedly different things.

i understand why you don't smoke pot; you don't have any margin for error.

coke makes you smart lol

what a dope

Private Pickle
06-18-2014, 09:05 AM

Do you have anything in the way of proof of your claims?

Common Sense
06-18-2014, 09:06 AM
The VAST majority of pot use is recreational. We both know that. Your comparison is a diversion. Essentially, your reply to the question is "well, what about (insert random substance or drug)? It's irrelevant to whether inhaling the smoke from pot is a healthy act. Obviously, (and this is where you should live up to your moniker) it's not.

Like I said, there is a cost benefit ratio to everything. Of course smoking anything isn't good for you. The benefits outweigh the cost in this case. Not to mention it can be ingested instead of smoking it.

Spectre
06-18-2014, 09:07 AM
Ruffling the potheads elicits the same violent response as ruffling the libertarians...in fact, it appears that the two groups are really the same group expressing a different enthusiasm.

Spectre
06-18-2014, 09:08 AM

Yes, I do.:laugh:

del
06-18-2014, 09:09 AM
Ruffling the potheads elicits the same violent response as ruffling the libertarians...in fact, it appears that the two groups are really the same group expressing a different enthusiasm.

you seem to be down about a half a gram of intelligence today

Green Arrow
06-18-2014, 09:09 AM

Of course not. All he ever has is political tourettes.

Mister D
06-18-2014, 09:10 AM
Like I said, there is a cost benefit ratio to everything. Of course smoking anything isn't good for you. The benefits outweigh the cost in this case. Not to mention it can be ingested instead of smoking it.

The "benefit" is a simple high. Nothing more. It's recreation so, no, the benefits do not outweigh the costs if it's a daily habit.

Anyway, right, of course smoking something isn't good for you. I thought that was obvious too. Apparently, it wasn't.

Alyosha
06-18-2014, 09:12 AM

Why do you think we're ruffled? Oh my! Because we're responding to you? Oh stop the fucking presses! We're responding to a thread! All hell is breaking loose now! Cats and dogs living together in sin. Earthquakes, volcanos...

Spectre, seriously?

Spectre
06-18-2014, 09:13 AM
you seem to be down about a half a gram of intelligence today

Yes, that's why I venture among the pot-smoking anarcho-libertarians here, so I can get topped-up.:laugh:

Alyosha
The "benefit" is a simple high. Nothing more. It's recreation so, no, the benefits do not outweigh the costs if it's a daily habit.

Anyway, right, of course smoking something isn't good for you. I thought that was obvious too. Apparently, it wasn't.

What if you eat it?

Private Pickle
Yes, that's why I venture among the pot-smoking anarcho-libertarians here, so I can get topped-up.:laugh:

Brain washing is as brain washing does...

del
06-18-2014, 09:15 AM

i've never met anyone high enough or stupid enough to claim that ingesting cocaine makes one more intelligent.

except you

Spectre
06-18-2014, 09:16 AM
Why do you think we're ruffled? Oh my! Because we're responding to you? Oh stop the fucking presses! We're responding to a thread! All hell is breaking loose now! Cats and dogs living together in sin. Earthquakes, volcanos...

Spectre, seriously?

Alyosha, you seem tense.

I think it's time for you to kick back and unwind a bit:

http://www.merkur-online.de/bilder/2010/04/21/725594/637672991-marihuana-raucher-2z09.jpg (http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=l-5begXxahSicM&tbnid=D2wZkXV-slvQ2M:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.merkur-online.de%2Ffreizeit%2Freise%2Ferstes-hotel-kiffer-hotel-usa-reise-zr-725594.html&ei=A5-hU8XUAZSeyASVioAg&bvm=bv.69137298,d.aWw&psig=AFQjCNHU-iJZa5Zw_lblO8D2fxcNk6Pi7Q&ust=1403187317147019)

Alyosha
06-18-2014, 09:17 AM
I'm really not tense but I'll totally vape out. Not a problem.

Mister D
06-18-2014, 09:18 AM
What if you eat it?

I'm sure it's fine injested in terms of one's physical health. On a daily basis? I don't believe a lifestyle of getting high everyday is healthy in any sense. Neither do you.

Captain Obvious
06-18-2014, 09:19 AM
What if you eat it?

It probably tastes like fat black dude's ass crack.

Common Sense
06-18-2014, 09:20 AM
I'm sure it's fine injested in terms of one's physical health. On a daily basis? I don't believe a lifestyle of getting high everyday is healthy in any sense. Neither do you.

Anything to excess is bad. I'd say ingesting pot on a daily basis is better than drinking alcohol on a regular basis.

Again, it's a comparison...like your coke comparison.

Alyosha
06-18-2014, 09:22 AM

Well, you build tolerance. Who wants that?

Private Pickle
06-18-2014, 09:24 AM

Bahaha

Nah they have sodas, coffees and teas, cookies, pastries, candies and even patches...

Mister D
06-18-2014, 09:25 AM
Well, you build tolerance. Who wants that?

Apaprently, lots of folks live that way. Sad.

Mister D
06-18-2014, 09:25 AM
Anything to excess is bad. I'd say ingesting pot on a daily basis is better than drinking alcohol on a regular basis.

Again, it's a comparison...like your coke comparison.

My coke comparison?

Common Sense
06-18-2014, 09:33 AM
My coke comparison?

Sorry, not yours.

I'm a little sleepy. Maybe I should do some coke this morning...;)

Spectre
06-18-2014, 09:34 AM
Sorry, not yours.

I'm a little sleepy. Maybe I should do some coke this morning...;)

Toldjah!

Alyosha
06-18-2014, 09:37 AM
Cocaine is the worst drug in the world. People on blow are so fucking annoying I want to smack them like a bitch. They talk too much, they think they're gods, and most of the time they're pathetic looking and weasely.

I hate blow.

Refugee
06-18-2014, 09:37 AM
Any taken substance that alters the perception of reality isn’t going to be good for you. A ‘substance’ is changed to ‘recreation’ and becomes normalized, the same as a crack addict or an alcoholic will tell you that their substance of choice is OK. They’re excuses to normalize. If you need to ‘get wasted’ as a form of ‘recreation’ there’s probably something going on in your own life that needs seriously looking at. Some stay at the dope stage and others move on to higher ‘highs’, not that all do by any means, but in just about all cases I ever saw, initial low level substance abuse initiated the downward spiral. Long term and increasing substance abuse of any kind never produces good results.

It's all good to me, do your own thing and I couldn't care less; I'm just saying.

KC
06-18-2014, 09:38 AM

/thread

Alyosha
06-18-2014, 09:41 AM
Any taken substance that alters the perception of reality isn’t going to be good for you. A ‘substance’ is changed to ‘recreation’ and becomes normalized, the same as a crack addict or an alcoholic will tell you that their substance of choice is OK. They’re excuses to normalize. If you need to ‘get wasted’ as a form of ‘recreation’ there’s probably something going on in your own life that needs seriously looking at. Some stay at the dope stage and others move on to higher ‘highs’, not that all do by any means, but in just about all cases I ever saw, initial low level substance abuse initiated the downward spiral. Long term and increasing substance abuse of any kind never produces good results.

It's all good to me, do your own thing and I couldn't care less; I'm just saying.

Jeez. What a boring life you must have! I suppose you don't eat sweets, either, or drink coffee and tea?

Refugee
06-18-2014, 09:46 AM
Jeez. What a boring life you must have! I suppose you don't eat sweets, either, or drink coffee and tea?

Naw, I worked with the ‘boring’ substance misusers in prisons and Mental Health. It was so exciting you’d have to put a gun to my head to participate. You be the radical rebel. Enjoy. :laugh:

Alyosha
06-18-2014, 09:47 AM
Naw, I worked with the ‘boring’ substance misusers in prisons and Mental Health. It was so exciting you’d have to put a gun to my head to participate. You be the radical rebel. Enjoy. :laugh:

Ahhh because all of us who do them end up in mental wards. 90% of the world drinks, ya know.

Refugee
06-18-2014, 09:56 AM
Ahhh because all of us who do them end up in mental wards. 90% of the world drinks, ya know.

Read my earlier post and don't assume. 90% of the world does drink, but not to excess and at a level that doesn't intentionally produce the desired result of dope. Get on with it, it's your life and if escapism from the reality of life is your thing, do it. You won't lead me into an argument about it, I couldn't care less as I don't get paid anymore for writing reports and helping people with the results of their actions. As I said, enjoy. :smiley: Happy days.

Edit.

You know what the most boring thing in the world is Aly? It’s listening to people with social and/or psychological problems hooked on escapism, trying to convince the rest of the world they’re boring. The aim of drug counselling and that of psychiatrists at the later stages is not that of why people do it, but what led them to begin. There was already something wrong in the lives of those that started down that path and yours is a classic response.

Mr. Nygma
06-18-2014, 10:14 AM
I play an '83 Gibson Standard.

I'm a hypocrite in some things and guitars are one of them. I have too many. My two prize guitars are a 67 Fender and a 68 Gibson.

Mr. Nygma
06-18-2014, 10:15 AM
Read my earlier post and don't assume. 90% of the world does drink, but not to excess and at a level that doesn't intentionally produce the desired result of dope. Get on with it, it's your life and if escapism from the reality of life is your thing, do it. You won't lead me into an argument about it, I couldn't care less as I don't get paid anymore for writing reports and helping people with the results of their actions. As I said, enjoy. :smiley: Happy days.

Edit.

You know what the most boring thing in the world is Aly? It’s listening to people with social and/or psychological problems hooked on escapism, trying to convince the rest of the world they’re boring. The aim of drug counselling and that of psychiatrists at the later stages is not that of why people do it, but what led them to begin. There was already something wrong in the lives of those that started down that path and yours is a classic response.

I don't think anyone, at least not me, would call you boring for choosing a life that makes you happy. Just don't call me crazy or a criminal for doing the same. Until I do something personally to hurt you or your family you should owe me the respect all humans deserve of just being left alone.

Captain Obvious
06-18-2014, 10:19 AM
I'm a hypocrite in some things and guitars are one of them. I have too many. My two prize guitars are a 67 Fender and a 68 Gibson.

You have student loan debt, don't you?

Alyosha
06-18-2014, 10:21 AM

That's not true. Alcohol, not drugs, accounts for more work loss, hospital bills, and crime than illicit drugs, so yes, they do at excess. Having done both pot and having drunk alcohol to excess I can tell you that alcohol is much harder to regain control of yourself while on.

And look up death by pot alone and death by DTs and then we can talk relative danger.

Edit.

Oh no one is telling you that you're boring. I think this is the part in the thread where I tell you to quit being butthurt. It's a Yank thing.

Mr. Nygma
06-18-2014, 10:22 AM
You have student loan debt, don't you?

No. :)

Refugee
06-18-2014, 10:24 AM
I don't think anyone, at least not me, would call you boring for choosing a life that makes you happy. Just don't call me crazy or a criminal for doing the same. Until I do something personally to hurt you or your family you should owe me the respect all humans deserve of just being left alone.

I wouldn’t call you ‘crazy’, that’s a pyschiatrists job and a criminal act is as defined by the law, neither of which concern me. I also don’t owe you respect, you have to earn that from me, but as for being left alone to do as you please, that I can agree with and I've already stated that people are free to do as they please.

Spectre
06-18-2014, 10:27 AM

I drink a little something almost every day...a glass or two of wine, a pint or two, a bourbon in the evening.

It's part of life, of meals. I'm of Italian background, and in Italy, as in France, it's simply UNTHINKABLE not to have wine with dinner. VERY few drunks in either country, and very little public drunkenness, as that's regarded with contempt.

When a reasonable amount of alcohol is integrated with one's life and diet, it's a GOOD, not an evil.

Alyosha
06-18-2014, 10:30 AM
I wouldn’t call you ‘crazy’, that’s a pyschiatrists job and a criminal act is as defined by the law, neither of which concern me. I also don’t owe you respect, you have to earn that from me, but as for being left alone to do as you please, that I can agree with and I've already stated that people are free to do as they please.

He said the respect of being left alone, and yes, he deserves it. It is a natural right. For an anti-government, anti-socialist type you have a bit of the old fascist in ya.

Where's it coming from?

Alyosha
06-18-2014, 10:31 AM
I drink a little something almost every day...a glass or two of wine, a pint or two, a bourbon in the evening.

It's part of life, of meals. I'm of Italian background, and in Italy, as in France, it's simply UNTHINKABLE not to have wine with dinner. VERY few drunks in either country, and very little public drunkenness, as that's regarded with contempt.

When a reasonable amount of alcohol is integrated with one's life and diet, it's a GOOD, not an evil.

Same with pot. It brings down the blood pressure. As for that wine a day, you can get the same "good" results with grapes and supplements without the bad, so...its the same thing.

Refugee
06-18-2014, 10:31 AM
Oh no one is telling you that you're boring. I think this is the part in the thread where I tell you to quit being butthurt. It's a Yank thing.

"Jeez. What a boring life you must have! I suppose you don't eat sweets, either, or drink coffee and tea?" Post 129.

I don't argue with substance misusers Aly, it's a No No in drug abuse counselling. I'm not here to debate your justifiable excuses. Get on with it. :smiley:

Captain Obvious
06-18-2014, 10:33 AM
Same with pot. It brings down the blood pressure.

The fat black dude ass crack hair is a great source of protein too I hear.

Refugee
06-18-2014, 10:34 AM
He said the respect of being left alone, and yes, he deserves it. It is a natural right. For an anti-government, anti-socialist type you have a bit of the old fascist in ya.

Where's it coming from?

No he didn't, he said I OWE him respect and I said he has to earn that. Stop provoking Aly and twisting words.

Alyosha
06-18-2014, 10:35 AM
"Jeez. What a boring life you must have! I suppose you don't eat sweets, either, or drink coffee and tea?" Post 129.

I don't argue with substance misusers Aly, it's a No No in drug abuse counselling. I'm not here to debate your justifiable excuses. Get on with it. :smiley:

Oh my! A British person who doesn't understand sarcasm? They should revoke your passport.

Alyosha
06-18-2014, 10:36 AM
No he didn't, he said I OWE him respect and I said he has to earn that. Stop provoking Aly and twisting words.

He said you owe him the same respect humans deserve of being left alone. Don't be so quick to read and post. You lose stuff along the way.

Here, I'll speak in your language: You needn't be snippy!

Alyosha
06-18-2014, 10:37 AM
The fat black dude ass crack hair is a great source of protein too I hear.

Wouldn't know, el grosso.

Spectre
06-18-2014, 10:39 AM
Same with pot. It brings down the blood pressure. As for that wine a day, you can get the same "good" results with grapes and supplements without the bad, so...its the same thing.

Aly, this is not a criticism or anything, just a question--I mean, it's your head, right? I'm a libertarian on this, but:

If you are investing this much passion and effort to justify drug use, is it perhaps just possible that this habit has gripped its claws a little too tightly around you?

A closely related question: could you, right now, drop the use of all drugs and not give it another thought? Because I could do that with my meagre alcohol intake, and, in fact DO so every few years for 6 months at a time just to make sure I can...and I always can, with no effort or regret.

Mr. Nygma
06-18-2014, 10:39 AM
Rin, please, I got this.

Refugee, I said you owe me the respect of being left alone. That's just basic human stuff. I respect people's boundaries without them having to do something first. There are basic courtesies we owe each other just be virtue of being human. One of them is my right to privacy and the right to the sanctity of my home.

Maybe respect wasn't the correct word. I should have said I am owed the right to my body and privacy just for being human.

Mr. Nygma
06-18-2014, 10:41 AM
Aly, this is not a criticism or anything, just a question--I mean, it's your head, right? I'm a libertarian on this, but:

If you are investing this much passion and effort to justify drug use, is it perhaps just possible that this habit has gripped its cloth a little too tightly around you?

A closely related question: could you, right now, drop the use of all drugs and not give it another thought? Because I could do that with my meagre alcohol intake, and, in fact DO so every few years for 6 months at a time just to make sure I can...and I always can, with no effort or regret.

She barely smokes pot. You read too much into this. She's a lawyer. Her personality is to argue and debate everything. EVERY. THING.

I've argued with her all night on subjects and then after she wears me down she'll tell me she agrees with me.

Refugee
06-18-2014, 10:43 AM
Oh my! A British person who doesn't understand sarcasm? They should revoke your passport.

Very touchy aren't we. Have we hit on some sore points in the last hour? Come out with a few things you'd rather not hear or be reminded of? I've already said I'm not going to argue with you, let's not get personal and insulting.

Alyosha
06-18-2014, 10:44 AM

If you are investing this much passion and effort to justify drug use, is it perhaps just possible that this habit has gripped its cloth a little too tightly around you?

Geez louise. Project much? LOL. Spectre, its a pretty lousy way of arguing and a sure sign of defeat when you go into this mode and you do it enough that it makes me think less of you. I have very few worthy opponents on here. Very sad. :(

Paperback Writer, where are you????? Actually, I'll except @Gerrard Winstanely. He's smart, too.

Alyosha
06-18-2014, 10:45 AM
Very touchy aren't we. Have we hit on some sore points in the last hour? Come out with a few things you'd rather not hear or be reminded of? I've already said I'm not going to argue with you, let's not get personal and insulting.

Won't work. I'm neither touchy or a frequent user. :D

Try again.

Alyosha
06-18-2014, 10:46 AM
Hey, guys. Is it time to post Reefer Madness yet? :laugh:

Spectre
06-18-2014, 10:50 AM
Geez louise. Project much? LOL. Spectre, its a pretty lousy way of arguing and a sure sign of defeat when you go into this mode and you do it enough that it makes me think less of you. I have very few worthy opponents on here. Very sad. :(

Paperback Writer, where are you????? Actually, I'll except @Gerrard Winstanely. He's smart, too.

it's a simple enough question to answer. I don't think I could have phrased it more simply. Like O'Reilly, I'm a simple man...[insert sarcastic response here>]

Refugee
06-18-2014, 10:51 AM
Carry on Aly. All the anger and wriggling and wanting to argue . . . Deep down you know why you're the one crying inside.

Mr. Nygma
06-18-2014, 10:52 AM
it's a simple enough question to answer. I don't think I could have phrased it more simply. Like O'Reilly, I'm a simple man...[insert sarcastic response here>]

She seriously barely does it. I can answer that. I have answered that. But I get it, people like to fight with her. They always do. :(

It shouldn't even be a thread. What I do in my home doesn't have anything to do with anyone else.

Captain Obvious
06-18-2014, 10:53 AM
Hey, guys. Is it time to post Reefer Madness yet? :laugh:

http://damn.com/assets/classic-cheech-and-chong.jpg

Mr. Nygma
06-18-2014, 10:56 AM
Carry on Aly. All the anger and wriggling and wanting to argue . . . Deep down you know why you're crying inside.

You don't know enough about any of us to decide when we are angry or if we're crying inside. You especially don't know in a medium without tone.

I think you do more with your badgering on this topic to show anger than any of us do. I'm not unhappy or angry. I am happy and content. It's what I want for you, as well. I want it for Spectre, Green Arrow, Pickle, and everyone to feel. If you're happy just by taking a walk outside then that's great. I want that for you.

Let's all just be happy. :D

Spectre
06-18-2014, 10:59 AM
Oh, believe me, on pot threads especially, observing the tortured circumlocutions of potheads has me laughing from beginning to end! You guys are a great deal of fun to watch: one of the few positive side effects of pot.:laugh:

Alyosha
06-18-2014, 11:01 AM
God, you guys are so boring. Now, I'm saying it. At the point any debate turns into psycho-analysis of strangers in favor of your own point, I'm out.

I'm sure chris can be provoked into talking economics. Have fun Sigmund and Dr. Phil!

Spectre
06-18-2014, 11:02 AM
You don't know enough about any of us to decide when we are angry or if we're crying inside. You especially don't know in a medium without tone.

I think you do more with your badgering on this topic to show anger than any of us do. I'm not unhappy or angry. I am happy and content. It's what I want for you, as well. I want it for Spectre, Green Arrow, Pickle, and everyone to feel. If you're happy just by taking a walk outside then that's great. I want that for you.

http://www.coolcostumesexpress.com/files/productsimages/BS_C/5907.jpg (http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=Nkj6wrcWu_XBaM&tbnid=CE52s3GQhjCIXM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fthepragmaticcostumer.wordpress.co m%2F2012%2F10%2F&ei=3rehU531OdCcyASu2oLYDw&bvm=bv.69137298,d.aWw&psig=AFQjCNFDKabpl_eXCY13QhiGpql6d_4fKg&ust=1403193656048812)

Mr. Nygma
06-18-2014, 11:03 AM
Because there's something wrong with wanting people to be happy? You guys are so strange.

Mr. Nygma
06-18-2014, 11:04 AM
God, you guys are so boring. Now, I'm saying it. At the point any debate turns into psycho-analysis of strangers in favor of your own point, I'm out.

I'm sure chris can be provoked into talking economics. Have fun Sigmund and Dr. Phil!

I've noticed that people here don't ask how you're feeling or what you think, they assume it. That's kinda rude, but its also the price you pay for talking to other humans.

Maybe? :)

Captain Obvious
06-18-2014, 11:08 AM
I've noticed that people here don't ask how you're feeling or what you think, they assume it. That's kinda rude, but its also the price you pay for talking to other humans.

People suck.

... in general.

Spectre
06-18-2014, 11:08 AM

Sadly, unlike yourself, we have not taken the Bodhisattva Vow, we're just nasty, cynical fucks, still caught in the wheel of Samsara.:laugh:

Mr. Nygma
06-18-2014, 11:10 AM
People suck.

... in general.

Maybe forums just let people release tension. I dunno. I'm happy though. I'm going to go swimming in a little bit. I have some seaweed soaking for a salad later and save frozen strawberries for a smoothie.

Life is pretty darn good!

Captain Obvious
06-18-2014, 11:10 AM
Maybe forums just let people release tension. I dunno. I'm happy though. I'm going to go swimming in a little bit. I have some seaweed soaking for a salad later and save frozen strawberries for a smoothie.

Life is pretty darn good!

In part, you're probably right.

Mr. Nygma
06-18-2014, 11:12 AM
You can look at bad things and focus on them, or choose not to and look at all the good. I'd rather be happy than mad so I just kinda focus on happy stuff.

Like right now, you guys are trying to get a rise out of me and I see it as you wanting my attention and trying to talk to me. That's not a bad thing.

Captain Obvious
06-18-2014, 11:14 AM
You can look at bad things and focus on them, or choose not to and look at all the good. I'd rather be happy than mad so I just kinda focus on happy stuff.

Like right now, you guys are trying to get a rise out of me and I see it as you wanting my attention and trying to talk to me. That's not a bad thing.

Not me, I don't think I've said a word to you all day except for now.

I was busting Alyosha 's balls a while ago, she's easy to reel in. :biglaugh:

Mr. Nygma
06-18-2014, 11:18 AM
Not me, I don't think I've said a word to you all day except for now.

I was busting @Alyosha (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=863) 's balls a while ago, she's easy to reel in. :biglaugh:

I wasn't speaking to you specifically, just in general.

As for Rina, she actually lives to fight. I don't understand it but its a family thing. I am amazed at them arguing politics over dinner. The first time I ate over I thought they were all mad at each other and when they saw I was worried everything changed and her mother goes: we always do this.

Her boyfriend doesn't want her on the Internet fighting because he thinks its bad for her health. I know it makes her happy so I don't care. It takes all types to make a world.

:)

Refugee
06-18-2014, 11:19 AM

Oh I do know Nygma, I can spot the pain a mile off, which is why I initially expected the backlash and stated I didn’t want to debate against substance misuse but just state my point. I fully expected the little sly quips, the twisted words and the ‘draw you in’ comments from users.

I started to get drawn into it, realized and dropped out of it with one particular person. I’m happy, many of you are not and perhaps I shouldn’t have stated anything, but thought you might like the thoughts of someone who’s worked in this field. I now realize I wasn’t debating neutrally, but against those currently involved in substance abuse, for which I give myself a slap on the wrist for forgetting.

OK, you’re happy, I’m happy and let’s all be happy. :smiley:

Captain Obvious
06-18-2014, 11:20 AM
I wasn't speaking to you specifically, just in general.

As for Rina, she actually lives to fight. I don't understand it but its a family thing. I am amazed at them arguing politics over dinner. The first time I ate over I thought they were all mad at each other and when they saw I was worried everything changed and her mother goes: we always do this.

Her boyfriend doesn't want her on the Internet fighting because he thinks its bad for her health. I know it makes her happy so I don't care. It takes all types to make a world.

:)

I know, she's very argumentative.

Spectre
06-18-2014, 11:22 AM
I'd be pretty happy too if I were that baked.

But on a more serious note...

I think by now everyone probably knows that I scoff at almost all conspiratorial rubbish. And with good reason. BUT...I think this push for widespread legalization coming right now fits into a broader agenda, and a not very nice one.

Obama--and the progressivist left in general--wants, in the preezy's words, to 'fundamentally transform' America. Almost all of these transformations are intended to inflict great harm on a great many people. These targets for 'transformation' must be narcotized and distracted as much as possible to render them passive and indifferent to what is being done to them. Marijuana use is the ideal instrument for this. That and the widespread use of antidepressants and ADHD drugs. Pump enough of this shit into people, and you will have your limp and flaccid citizenry, a blank slate ready to be written on with anything you like. You can fuck with them and they won't give a damn. Unlike, say, crystal meth: you do NOT want to fuck with someone on ice!

The template is the movie 'Idiocracy', and for those who haven't seen it yet, behold the future, especially if pot becomes as commonplace as smoking a cig used to be not so long ago. THAT'S what a population on weed will LOOK like.

Mr. Nygma
06-18-2014, 11:26 AM
Oh I do know Nygma, I can spot the pain a mile off, which is why I initially expected the backlash and stated I didn’t want to debate against substance misuse but just state my point. I fully expected the little sly quips, the twisted words and the ‘draw you in’ comments from users.

I started to get drawn into it, realized and dropped out of it with one particular person. I’m happy, many of you are not and perhaps I shouldn’t have stated anything, but thought you might like the thoughts of someone who’s worked in this field. I now realize I wasn’t debating neutrally, but against those currently involved in substance abuse, for which I give myself a slap on the wrist for forgetting.

OK, you’re happy, I’m happy and let’s all be happy. :smiley:

I think sometimes we project our own insides on to other people. Like, you may not be happy in my life or my skin, but I am. I know how blessed I am to be in this position and have choices. People all over the world don't have clean water or good food to eat, but I do.

I'm happy because I get this.

My mother used to be a practicing psychologist and now she teaches. I lived my whole life listening to her "hear me" or "hear" the next person, but she rarely did. I eventually realized that its just her thing, and at the end of the day she's my mom and I love her. We get along really well now that I live by myself and she now comes to me to talk about her coworkers and her job and things that stress her.

So I respect that you have a degree and background, but you don't know me so what you have to say about me shouldn't count. If I let a stranger tell me who I am then I have bigger problems than any drug or disorder I could possible do or have.

Ya know?

Mr. Nygma
06-18-2014, 11:26 AM
I know, she's very argumentative.

YES! :D I wouldn't have her any other way now though.

Common Sense
06-18-2014, 11:30 AM
I'd be pretty happy too if I were that baked.

But on a more serious note...

I think by now everyone probably knows that I scoff at almost all conspiratorial rubbish. And with good reason. BUT...I think this push for widespread legalization coming right now fits into a broader agenda, and a not very nice one.

Obama--and the progressivist left in general--wants, in the preezy's words, to 'fundamentally transform' America. Almost all of these transformations are intended to inflict great harm on a great many people. These targets for 'transformation' must be narcotized and distracted as much as possible to render them passive and indifferent to what is being done to them. Marijuana use is the ideal instrument for this. That and the widespread use of antidepressants and ADHD drugs. Pump enough of this shit into people, and you will have your limp and flaccid citizenry, a blank slate ready to be written on with anything you like. You can fuck with them and they won't give a damn. Unlike, say, crystal meth: you do NOT want to fuck with someone on ice!

The template is the movie 'Idiocracy', and for those who haven't seen it yet, behold the future, especially if pot becomes as commonplace as smoking a cig used to be not so long ago. THAT'S what a population on weed will LOOK like.

You can disagree with their vision of America, but to say "Almost all of these transformations are intended to inflict great harm on a great many people." makes you sound crazy. The idea that there is some master plan to destroy America leaves little room for rational dialogue.

Spectre
06-18-2014, 11:35 AM
You can disagree with their vision of America, but to say "Almost all of these transformations are intended to inflict great harm on a great many people." makes you sound crazy. The idea that there is some master plan to destroy America leaves little room for rational dialogue.

Depends on what's being destroyed.

Traditional America, the America as founded, the America where greatness and vision reigned, yes, they have made NO secret of wanting to destroy THAT, which they condemn as racist, sexist, oppressive, 'neo-colonialist', homophobic, etc.

They want to destroy that and replace it with a distorted, monstrous new nation, a giant Sweden, a politically correct, progressivist paradise run by and for professors of cultural studies.

Green Arrow
06-18-2014, 11:38 AM

I'll be a lot more happy when my wife gets back from her cruise on Sunday :tongue:

Green Arrow
06-18-2014, 11:40 AM
Oh, believe me, on pot threads especially, observing the tortured circumlocutions of potheads has me laughing from beginning to end! You guys are a great deal of fun to watch: one of the few positive side effects of pot.:laugh:

http://static.lockerz.com/decalz/W600/image0013575169685904f41cb.gif

I haven't smoked pot in two years, dude.

Mr. Nygma
06-18-2014, 11:48 AM
I teach music at $75 an hour. I also do music therapy for several patients through my local hospital system at $100 an hour. I do studio work, as well, when I can get it.

Of my 10 students, I take 2 of those "days" per week and put it into my retirement account that Freeze set up. So my music room is tax deductible, my instruments are tax deductible, my computer, internet, phones, and all that get a portion deducted.

I work part time, have a house that we built from a kit so I don't have a mortgage, I just pay Freeze $200 a month for another 2 years on the loan, and I have my utilities to pay ($150 a month) some of which are tax deductible, grow food and buy some.

My life is awesome and relaxing. I know how blessed I am to be where I am at, and if I can help others I do. I don't have insane money, but I don't care about insane money.

All I need to make life complete is my soulmate wherever she is and I'm set.

Green Arrow
06-18-2014, 11:49 AM
Depends on what's being destroyed.

Traditional America, the America as founded, the America where greatness and vision reigned, yes, they have made NO secret of wanting to destroy THAT, which they condemn as racist, sexist, oppressive, 'neo-colonialist', homophobic, etc.

They want to destroy that and replace it with a distorted, monstrous new nation, a giant Sweden, a politically correct, progressivist paradise run by and for professors of cultural studies.

The thing is, "traditional America as founded" was a great many things. None of the founders agreed on everything. Adams would likely have gotten along very well with Obama and Bush Jr. Washington would have scoffed at this absurd partisan structure we have where only one of two parties can get into office and everybody thinks their party is 100% honest and pure and the other party is 100% evil and deceptive and trying to destroy everything. Jefferson would probably be toking it up in the park and cleaning his AK-47. Hamilton would still be a little bitch :tongue:

Mr. Nygma
06-18-2014, 11:50 AM
The thing is, "traditional America as founded" was a great many things. None of the founders agreed on everything. Adams would likely have gotten along very well with Obama and Bush Jr. Washington would have scoffed at this absurd partisan structure we have where only one of two parties can get into office and everybody thinks their party is 100% honest and pure and the other party is 100% evil and deceptive and trying to destroy everything. Jefferson would probably be toking it up in the park and cleaning his AK-47. Hamilton would still be a little bitch :tongue:

Word.

del

did you determine this when your intellect was enhanced by coke?

Mister D
The New Coke or Coke Classic?

Mr. Nygma
06-18-2014, 11:51 AM
did you determine this when your intellect was enhanced by coke?

I stopped doing that at 25. It turns you into an asshole. :(

Green Arrow
06-18-2014, 11:51 AM
The New Coke or Coke Classic?

I prefer Vanilla.

Venus
06-18-2014, 11:52 AM
I prefer Vanilla.

Cherry

Mister D
I prefer Vanilla.

I love vanilla ice cream but I don't like the flavor of vanilla in anything else.

Mr. Nygma
I prefer Vanilla.

I make my own. I drive across state to get kola nut extract. It's some kind of yummy goodness.

Green Arrow
Cherry

Cherry is my second favorite. When I can get it, I go for cherry vanilla :tongue:

Mister D
Cherry is my second favorite. When I can get it, I go for cherry vanilla :tongue:

That's just decadent.

Green Arrow
I make my own. I drive across state to get kola nut extract. It's some kind of yummy goodness.

We need to be friends!

Mr. Nygma
06-18-2014, 11:54 AM
I like cherry vanilla too. I make my own version that's pretty good, as well. I use brown sugar instead of regular cane.

Gerrard Winstanley
06-18-2014, 11:54 AM
I love vanilla ice cream but I don't like the flavor of vanilla in anything else.
Don't even know who came up with the idea of putting it in coke. Some things just aren't supposed to be done.

Green Arrow
06-18-2014, 11:56 AM
That's just decadent.

Nothing wrong with a little decadence every now and then :tongue:

Spectre
06-18-2014, 11:57 AM
With potheads the conversation eventually leads to food....:laugh:

Mr. Nygma
06-18-2014, 11:58 AM
I make the syrup with 3 cups brown sugar, 10 whole droppers of kola nut extract, 1 of vanilla and boil it down. Then I just use that with my soda stream.

Green Arrow
06-18-2014, 12:03 PM
I make the syrup with 3 cups brown sugar, 10 whole droppers of kola nut extract, 1 of vanilla and boil it down. Then I just use that with my soda stream.

That sounds beautiful...

http://media2.giphy.com/media/10AklIRaDAs85G/giphy.gif

Green Arrow
06-18-2014, 12:03 PM
With potheads the conversation eventually leads to food....:laugh:

Dude, I'm a fat kid. I don't need pot to be hungry or talk about food :tongue:

Mr. Nygma
06-18-2014, 12:07 PM
Dude, I'm a fat kid. I don't need pot to be hungry or talk about food :tongue:

You should smoke pot every day. They'll you can eat all day long and be super skinny like me. :D

Green Arrow
06-18-2014, 12:17 PM
You should smoke pot every day. They'll you can eat all day long and be super skinny like me. :D

Does it help with metabolism? 'Cause that's my problem. I have a very slow metabolism. It didn't affect me so much in my younger years because I was very active, but once I hit my 20s (which was only three years ago :tongue:) I got less active and packed on the pounds as a result.

Mr. Nygma
06-18-2014, 12:29 PM
Does it help with metabolism? 'Cause that's my problem. I have a very slow metabolism. It didn't affect me so much in my younger years because I was very active, but once I hit my 20s (which was only three years ago :tongue:) I got less active and packed on the pounds as a result.

There's a study on it, but it works better for the ladies I think.

ChoppedLiver
06-18-2014, 06:44 PM
What very little pot I smoke or eat is locally grown.

Pot is for losers.

:cool:

OGIS
05-23-2015, 12:05 PM

I know you're snarking, but you may actually be on to something. Terence McKenna once said something that rings very true for me, as I have personally experienced it.

“Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behaviour and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong.” ― Terence McKenna (http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/9243.Terence_McKenna)

There is a study that is widely touted (and misquoted/mischaracterized by the Drug Warrior crowd) where researchers found that weed increases the number of neural connections (neurogenesis). This, of course, is touted by the DWs as "the brain trying to repair damage caused by the pot," But I digress.

I am theorizing that the number of increased connections actually leads to the widely documented increase in mental associations. This has traditionally been regarded as a bad thing by the Drug Warriors, who characterize it as "associations becoming random." It is no such thing at all. It is simply that the association linkages between "CAT" and "ROCK" may have so many steps involved that tracing and remembering them might not be feasible.

Mental associations are used in the construction of logic chains, and they are an essential component of how our "storage buffers" (memory) are organized. So increasing the length and complexity of these chains will indeed have an effect on McKenna's "...[dissolving of] opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behaviour and information processing."

So I ask you. Is it terribly surprising that individuals with pot-induced larger perspectives might come up with new political solutions?

OGIS
05-23-2015, 12:11 PM

I knew a kid like that in high school. The guy was skinny as a bean pole and always hungry. And he would eat damn near anything, particularly if it had lots of sugar and carbs in it. Made me crazy (I was the fat kid). I used to joke with him that come the nuclear holocaust, he would starve to death in a week, while I could live on my body fat. His response, of course, was that he would shoot me and live on my fat for a month. (Aren't teenagers wonderful?)

Susan B. Anthony
05-23-2015, 12:20 PM

(And, if you tell me that you're certain your dope is "locally grown" and wholesome, I'll know you're full of $#@!)

Hey that's my dealer.

OGIS
05-23-2015, 12:21 PM

Mmmmmmm..... are you quite sure about that? 'cause I think I could make a pretty good argument the other way: equating being a pot head and liking to get stoned WITH having a more moral position.

OGIS
05-23-2015, 12:27 PM
If you think the law should be changed, work within the system to change it.

But if you break the law, expect to face the consequences.

You are absolutely correct, Sir. That worked so well for the Jews in 1930's Europe; we should follow their example.

(Yes, I went there. I'm that guy.)

OGIS
05-23-2015, 12:40 PM

Spoken like a true (pick one from this list of synonyms for attorney: shyster, fixer, front, lip, professional liar, mouthpiece, pettifogger, scammer, trickster).

Seriously, I have to admire your pure chutzpah: impugning in print the reputation of an entire Group of people based on hearsay and anecdotal evidence? Not necessarily too bright of you, possibly financially, but admiral chutzpah nonetheless.

Second to admire, of course, is the absolutely MASTERFUL irony of that statement: "...drug users have a well-deserved reputation for being people who can't be trusted" issuing from a person who has obviously BETRAYED his State Bar trust as an attorney and illegally intervened in the course of a law enforcement investigation and prosecution for that most corrupt and venal of reasons: to save the neck of a blood relation.

OGIS
05-23-2015, 12:48 PM
Libelling another member is not only illegal, it is bad faith. Knock it off.

Yeah, that p1ssed me off, too.

OGIS
05-23-2015, 12:52 PM

Sad....

There is an excellent Band Name lurking in there, somewhere.

donttread
05-23-2015, 01:25 PM

That's nothing compared to the shit they put in tobacco. Literally and figuratively