PDA

View Full Version : Irony: GM Lands Most Models at Top of J.D. Power Quality Survey

Cigar
06-18-2014, 02:47 PM
General Motors Co. (GM), dogged by a widening recall crisis, still managed to place the most models atop one of the auto industry’s most closely watched quality measures, with its Chevrolet Malibu besting the Toyota Camry.

GM won six model segments, the most of any automaker, in J.D. Power & Associates’ annual Initial Quality Study released today. Three of GM’s four U.S. brands ranked above industry-average quality and its top-selling Chevy lineup placed sixth overall, trailing only Hyundai and Toyota among mainstream brands. South Korea’s Hyundai Motor Co. (005380) and its Kia Motors Corp. (000270) affiliate had five models win segments.

GM remained a leader in the study for the second consecutive year, even as Toyota Motor Corp. (7203) reasserted itself in the rankings it dominated for most of the 28 years J.D. Power has conducted the consumer research. Toyota’s namesake brand ranked fifth in quality in the survey, up from sixth last year, while its Lexus luxury line ranked third, behind Porsche and Jaguar.

“The perception right now is that GM must have a lot of quality problems because of all these recalls,” David Sargent, J.D. Power vice president of global vehicle research, said in a telephone interview. “The truth is, they’re still one of the best in the industry.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-06-18/gm-lands-most-models-at-top-of-j-d-power-quality-survey.html

texan
06-18-2014, 03:49 PM
al Qaeda is running the Middle East and GM is winning beauty contests.

That your slogan goung forward?

Captain Obvious
06-18-2014, 03:53 PM
And just like climate change deniers they look to cherry picked data to support an erroneous claim.

There's a reason GM was in bankruptcy and there's a reason, over the long run, American car companies will never be competitive with foreign automakers.

The US auto industry is going by way of the US steel industry - bloodsucked dry by unions who would rather watch an industry collapse rather than abandon it for it's own good - because for unions, the political agenda is the purpose, the worker is only a prop.

Chris
06-18-2014, 03:55 PM
This is the sort of thing JD Powers measures: "Ford Motor Co. (F) also moved up the rankings after plunging in recent years as consumers complained its dashboard touch screens were too complicated and unreliable."

Wow.

Cigar
06-18-2014, 04:03 PM
al Qaeda is running the Middle East and GM is winning beauty contests.

That your slogan goung forward?

Yep ... I don't live in the Middle East and I own 3 GM Automobiles :grin:

Captain Obvious
06-18-2014, 04:04 PM
Yep ... I don't live in the Middle East and I own 3 GM Automobiles :grin:

Yeah, but....

Cigar
06-18-2014, 04:04 PM
This is the sort of thing JD Powers measures: "Ford Motor Co. (F) also moved up the rankings after plunging in recent years as consumers complained its dashboard touch screens were too complicated and unreliable."

Wow.

At the end of the day ... People by what they Like ... Period.

Because it's their Money

Captain Obvious
06-18-2014, 04:05 PM
At the end of the day ... People by what they Like ... Period.

Because it's their Money

Right, and at the end of the day most people are morons.

You almost got one right, congrats.

Cigar
06-18-2014, 04:05 PM
Yeah, but....

As long as I've been around, there has been Recalls.

Take it to the dealer, they fix it ... life goes on.

Cigar
06-18-2014, 04:06 PM
Right, and at the end of the day most people are morons.

You almost got one right, congrats.

Well ... unless you can control other peoples wants and money ... what are you going to do?

Captain Obvious
06-18-2014, 04:07 PM
As long as I've been around, there has been Recalls.

Take it to the dealer, they fix it ... life goes on.

Cool.

Now explain the struggling US auto industry. Why is Detroit a third-world city now, in bankruptcy? GM needed a bankruptcy/bailout.

I know, I'm wasting my time.

Black to black or whatever...

Mainecoons
06-18-2014, 04:08 PM
Because GM wasn't allowed to go Chapter 11 they remain saddled with huge pension debt that they really have no idea how they will pay off. And they still depend on gas guzzlers for most of their sales and profits.

You can paint lipstick on this pig but it is still an oinker.

Cigar
06-18-2014, 04:10 PM
I personally don't give a shit, just as long as they have my performance parts :laugh:

Captain Obvious
06-18-2014, 04:11 PM
I personally don't give a shit, just as long as they have my performance parts :laugh:

And God knows if you're driving a GM you'll need lots of parts.

Cigar
06-18-2014, 04:16 PM
And God knows if you're driving a GM you'll need lots of parts.

My 1970 Buick GS is old and get driven hard ... yes it's needs parts, but they are all racing parts.
My 1999 Chevrolet Corvette as had one stock service, the timing belt. Everything else are performance upgrades.
My 2013 Buick Enclave aren't had a failure, outside of me taking it in for the recall.

Now my Wife 2013 BMW 535 xDrive has been in 3 times for service.

:laugh:

keymanjim
06-18-2014, 05:14 PM
Next year, when they come out and if my shoulders will fit, I'm buying an Elio.

MrJimmyDale
06-18-2014, 05:28 PM
Because GM wasn't allowed to go Chapter 11 they remain saddled with huge pension debt that they really have no idea how they will pay off. And they still depend on gas guzzlers for most of their sales and profits. You can paint lipstick on this pig but it is still an oinker. I think that is more of a consequence than the problem................Greedy Union workers