PDA

View Full Version : Obama administration sues Alabama over immigration law

Mister D
08-02-2011, 03:24 PM
The law "is designed to affect virtually every aspect of an unauthorized immigrant's daily life, from employment to housing to transportation to entering into and enforcing contracts to going to school," the Justice Department said.

Good! ::)

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/obama-administration-sues-alabama-over-immigration-law-132911009.html

Conley
08-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Disturbing.

How often does the federal government sue a state? Is it not enough that the feds have usurped so much of the states' rights already?

Conley
08-02-2011, 08:20 PM
"Legal experts told the Washington Post last year when the Justice Department brought suit against Arizona that such federal challenges to state laws are "exceedingly" rare. Administration officials pointed out that the Bush administration sued Illinois in 2007 over a state law that would have prevented employers from checking immigration status of job applicants."

Mister D
08-02-2011, 08:25 PM
"Legal experts told the Washington Post last year when the Justice Department brought suit against Arizona that such federal challenges to state laws are "exceedingly" rare. Administration officials pointed out that the Bush administration sued Illinois in 2007 over a state law that would have prevented employers from checking immigration status of job applicants."

Eric Holder has got to go.

I don't understand the Bush example. If this is true, it looks like they were suing because the state was passing laws contrary to federal law. You're supposed to check the status of anyone seeking employment. Seems like apples and oranges to me.

Conley
08-02-2011, 08:29 PM
Normally I'd agree with you but Obama is a constitutional scholar and law professor, remember? ::) ;D :D :-[ :-\ :'(

Mister D
08-02-2011, 08:31 PM
Normally I'd agree with you but Obama is a constitutional scholar and law professor, remember? ::) ;D :D :-[ :-\ :'(

;)

His Justice Department really is troubling.

wingrider
08-02-2011, 11:29 PM
i think that the states should file suit against the feds for failure to perform their functions.

considering that immigraation is a federal jurisdiction and the states are suffering because of the feds inability to enforce the laws , then the feds need to be sued to recapture the cost of what illegals do to state budgets.

Mister D
08-03-2011, 07:28 AM
i think that the states should file suit against the feds for failure to perform their functions.

considering that immigraation is a federal jurisdiction and the states are suffering because of the feds inability to enforce the laws , then the feds need to be sued to recapture the cost of what illegals do to state budgets.

Agreed. I'm just not sure it's a matter of federal inability so much as a federal reluctance or even refusal to enforce the laws.

MMC
08-03-2011, 12:42 PM

Yeah.....I agree with you 100% on that LoVE. I think they should bring that out to talk about When Lord Marshal Goes on Campaign. >:D :D :)

blaster
06-16-2016, 06:25 PM
The law "is designed to affect virtually every aspect of an unauthorized immigrant's daily life, from employment to housing to transportation to entering into and enforcing contracts to going to school," the Justice Department said. Good! ::) http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/obama-administration-sues-alabama-over-immigration-law-132911009.html (/blogs/lookout/obama-administration-sues-alabama-over-immigration-law-132911009.html) There shouldn't be any "illegals" around for any of our laws to effect.