PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Failed Energy Policy.....

MMC
04-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Obama's Failed Energy Policy is a disaster. Why did 4 Democratic Senators come out against Obama on his own Energy Policy?From the Stimulus right off the Top Obama pushed for a 3 billion dollar Grant. This all came back out in 2010. This here is one of Obama's major mistakes with Domestic policy.

This grant program allowed developers to forego investment tax cedits, and to instead apply for Energy Grants Instead. 4 Democratic Senators implored Obama to quit spending Federal Stimulus Dollars on renewable energy works where the money was being spent overseas.

More importantly is having Romeny and others out there putting Obamas lies out there for all to see. I say to use what the Demo Politicans were attacking Obama with. His own People. What they were saying back 2010.

The nonpartisan Investigative Reporting Workshop at American University reported recently that foreign companies have nabbed 79 percent of the $2 billion in grants that have already been committed under the renewable power program, even though related manufacturing and facilities may be done in the United States.

Conley
04-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Solyndra was definitely a failure in more ways the one. It makes solar energy look like a joke. :sad:

Mister D
04-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Solyndra was definitely a failure in more ways the one. It makes solar energy look like a joke. :sad:

That's because it is. Granted, where it's practicable I'm all for it but the idea that you will come anywhere near to meeting the energy requirements of a modern state is preposterous.

wingrider
04-10-2012, 08:05 PM
what energy policy? shut down drilling, don't issue permits, stop the pipeline, give Brazil a couple of billion to drill in the gulf but we can't.. you mean those policies..?

Conley
04-10-2012, 08:09 PM
That's because it is. Granted, where it's practicable I'm all for it but the idea that you will come anywhere near to meeting the energy requirements of a modern state is preposterous.

Well it certainly won't work for our entire country but there are areas where it can definitely be effective. I would rather private business subsidize that research and development than the government, but if rather than spending billions of dollars on oil I'd like some of it to go towards renewable sources. There has been a lot of progress made in the efficiency of solar cells.

Mister D
04-10-2012, 08:19 PM
Well it certainly won't work for our entire country but there are areas where it can definitely be effective. I would rather private business subsidize that research and development than the government, but if rather than spending billions of dollars on oil I'd like some of it to go towards renewable sources. There has been a lot of progress made in the efficiency of solar cells.

No doubt. This area has a lot of solar panels for traffic lights and such. That said, it's still expensive and it will never supply a significant amount of our energy needs.

Conley
04-10-2012, 08:22 PM
It is getting cheaper all the time. I definitely think it will supply significant energy in the future. Maybe not for a while in the NE but definitely out here in the SW.

Peter1469
04-10-2012, 08:30 PM
The administration didn't give Solyndra money because it was a green energy company. They gave it money because they contributed to the hope and change.

Conley
04-10-2012, 08:32 PM
The administration didn't give Solyndra money because it was a green energy company. They gave it money because they contributed to the hope and change.

Right, but solar energy investment suffers as a result of this cluster.

Peter1469
04-10-2012, 08:46 PM
true