PDA

View Full Version : Face of the tea party express (well, one of them)

nic34
06-25-2014, 04:41 PM
Months after suggesting that President Barack Obama "doesn't love America the way we do," a prominent tea party leader on Tuesday made a case for placing trust in the commander-in-chief during a discussion about the intelligence failures that lead to the Iraq War.

Amy Kremer, chairwoman of the Tea Party Express, told CNN that former President George W. Bush wasn't the only elected official making a case for the 2003 U.S.-led invasion and said that the citizenry can "never have enough intelligence." But ultimately, Kremer argued, the American people have no choice but to show some faith in the president.

"The American people, I don't think, have any alternative but to believe our president. That's why he's been elected," Kremer said. "And I certainly hope we never go down this road ever again because you never wanna lose any lives and there's always unintended consequences."

Kremer later drew a convoluted connection between 9/11 and the Iraq War, which she asserted "no one wanted." She then returned to her previous point.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/tea-partier-on-lead-up-to-iraq-war-we-have-to-trust-our-leaders-video

Chris
06-25-2014, 04:46 PM
Tea Parties are leaderless, nic.

momsapplepie
06-25-2014, 04:52 PM
Oh, and Nic, nobody believes obumbles.

nic34
06-25-2014, 05:12 PM
Tea Parties are leaderless, nic.

Better tell Amy Kremer, chairwoman of the Tea Party Express about it then....

nic34
06-25-2014, 05:15 PM
Oh, and Nic, nobody believes obumbles.

....yes I am aware that the Eternal Foxfaithful of Spotless Minds think that way.... sorry.

Chris
06-25-2014, 05:18 PM
Better tell Amy Kremer, chairwoman of the Tea Party Express about it then....

Why? She's not my leader.

Chris
06-25-2014, 05:20 PM
What's funny here is nic is so bent on criticizing the Tea parties he misses the point this one group is supporting Obama over Bush.

nic34
06-25-2014, 05:29 PM
Yes chris, and that was after she said he "doesn't love America the way we do".

But the whole point was her justifing trust in the commander-in-chief to make war. No matter who he is.

Blind faith.

Chris
06-25-2014, 05:36 PM

But the whole point was her justifing trust in the commander-in-chief to make war. No matter who he is.

Blind faith.

IOW, she's a neocon, a liberal mugged by reality.

del
06-25-2014, 05:51 PM
it's funny how people in the tea party, like this woman, are never actually members of the tea party but are actually ______________

momsapplepie
06-25-2014, 05:53 PM
what's really funny is people who believe obumbles after seeing all the lies he has fed them.

zelmo1234
06-25-2014, 05:56 PM
....yes I am aware that the Eternal Foxfaithful of Spotless Minds think that way.... sorry.

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/06/18/nbcwsj-poll-finds-54-have-no-confidence-in-obamas-leadership/

Neither does most of America!

Hey 1 in 3 is not a bad record.

We had Reagan as successful and the Bush 1 and 2 that sucked

You had Carter and Obama that Sucked and Clinton that was successful

It is too bad that we could not have tossed one more of the losers between the 2 winners? then maybe we would be in better shape

Refugee
06-25-2014, 06:01 PM

Blind faith.

" . . . he "doesn't love America the way we do". Isn't that true? He's already told you he wanted to fundamentally change America. How about a black Reagan? Wouldn't that make everybody happy?

Chris
06-25-2014, 06:13 PM
it's funny how people in the tea party, like this woman, are never actually members of the tea party but are actually ______________

It would be if there were a Tea Party, like the Republican or Democrat Parties, but there isn't. There are Tea Parties, they are leaderless, grassroots, local organizations.

What is funny is that even told this, knowing this, there will be those who will continue to argue with their own strawman that there is a Tea Party like the Republican or Democrat Parties. You, del, will probably do this.

hanger4
06-25-2014, 07:17 PM
The Tea Party is dead, long live the the Tea Party. :)

del
06-25-2014, 07:43 PM
It would be if there were a Tea Party, like the Republican or Democrat Parties, but there isn't. There are Tea Parties, they are leaderless, grassroots, local organizations.

What is funny is that even told this, knowing this, there will be those who will continue to argue with their own strawman that there is a Tea Party like the Republican or Democrat Parties. You, del, will probably do this.

of course they are

that's why they have chairs and executive directors, because they have no leaders

Cigar
06-25-2014, 07:52 PM
This is fun to watch the self distruction :laugh:

Chris
06-25-2014, 08:37 PM
of course they are

that's why they have chairs and executive directors, because they have no leaders

You're very predictable. And that's a nice strawman.

texan
06-25-2014, 08:39 PM
So?

Wasted 5 minutes on this..........Why is the left so stuck on the Tea Party? In 2010 they created them because they rammed HC down everyone's throat. All they had to do was work with the otherside a little since they had the ability to pass it. Dems own fault.

hanger4
06-25-2014, 08:40 PM
This is fun to watch the self distruction :laugh:You are clueless Cigar. You've spent the last few months braging on Obama and how great the economy is and now we learn it's shrunk 3% in the first quarter. What happened to that April surplus kid ??

del
06-25-2014, 09:06 PM
You're very predictable. And that's a nice strawman.

Amy Kremer, chairwoman of the Tea Party Express,

http://www.teapartyexpress.org/leadership

yes, they have no leaders, chris

lol

Chris
06-25-2014, 09:20 PM
http://www.teapartyexpress.org/leadership

yes, they have no leaders, chris

lol

Predictably illogical.

del
06-25-2014, 09:22 PM
Predictably illogical.

predictably obtuse

Chris
06-25-2014, 09:26 PM
predictably obtuse

Well, you're that too. But that's obvious. Goodnite, del.

zelmo1234
06-25-2014, 09:27 PM
of course they are

Well I ma the Chair of our local group, but I don't answer to anyone!

Everything is contrived and top down for you Democrats, so it is very hard for you to understand

del
06-25-2014, 09:27 PM
Well, you're that too. But that's obvious. Goodnite, del.

give your copy of wealth of nations a hug for me

Spectre
06-25-2014, 09:34 PM
give your copy of wealth of nations a hug for me
Give your well-annotated and dog-eared copy of 'The Communist Manifesto' a good kick for me.

del
06-25-2014, 09:51 PM
Give your well-annotated and dog-eared copy of 'The Communist Manifesto' a good kick for me.

and good luck to you in the special olympics

remember, get in the pool and then start swimming

donttread
06-26-2014, 03:28 PM
Months after suggesting that President Barack Obama "doesn't love America the way we do," a prominent tea party leader on Tuesday made a case for placing trust in the commander-in-chief during a discussion about the intelligence failures that lead to the Iraq War.

Amy Kremer, chairwoman of the Tea Party Express, told CNN that former President George W. Bush wasn't the only elected official making a case for the 2003 U.S.-led invasion and said that the citizenry can "never have enough intelligence." But ultimately, Kremer argued, the American people have no choice but to show some faith in the president.

"The American people, I don't think, have any alternative but to believe our president. That's why he's been elected," Kremer said. "And I certainly hope we never go down this road ever again because you never wanna lose any lives and there's always unintended consequences."

Kremer later drew a convoluted connection between 9/11 and the Iraq War, which she asserted "no one wanted." She then returned to her previous point.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/tea-partier-on-lead-up-to-iraq-war-we-have-to-trust-our-leaders-video

The only "intelligence failure" surrounding the Iraq war is the lack of intelligence showed by the voters who think it was a good thing when their guy ordered it and bad when the other team did.

Newsflash : The only justifyable war since WW 2 was the first couple of years in Afghanistan this time around. Let that sink in

Professor Peabody
06-27-2014, 09:46 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5p-qIq32m8

There is no intelligence in Washington D.C.

Records: Senators who OK'd war didn't read key report

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A new biography of Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton has once again raised the issue of whether members of Congress read a key intelligence report before the 2002 vote to authorize war in Iraq.

Clinton did not read the 90-page, classified National Intelligence Estimate on Iraq, according to "Her Way: The Hopes and Ambitions of Hillary Rodham Clinton."

For members of Congress to read the report, they had to go to a secure location on Capitol Hill. The Washington Post reported in 2004 that no more than six senators and a handful of House members were logged as reading the document.

Clinton, a New York Democrat, was briefed on the intelligence report multiple times, a spokesperson told CNN.

Clinton is one of six presidential candidates who were in the Senate in October 2002 who voted for the resolution to authorize the invasion of Iraq.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/05/28/clinton.iraq/index.html

It's comical the way Democrats try to re-write history.