PDA

View Full Version : Boehner’s Obama Lawsuit Backfires As Democrats Have Their Biggest Fundraising Day

Cigar
06-30-2014, 10:00 AM
John Boehner’s lawsuit against President Obama is already showing signs of becoming a Republican disaster, as thanks to Boehner, House Democrats had their biggest fundraising day of 2014.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/06/26/boehners-obama-lawsuit-backfires-democrats-biggest-fundraising-day-2014.html

According to Politico, “Speaker John Boehner’s announcement that House Republicans would sue President Barack Obama for misusing executive authority turned into a big payday for congressional Democrats. The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee posted its best fundraising day of the year on Wednesday, bringing in $584,000, according to figures shared with POLITICO.”

It is obvious that part of the motivation for bringing up this lawsuit now was to fire up the Republican base ahead of the 2014 election. Since Republicans can’t run against Obamacare, and their latest Benghazi revival has flopped miserably, congressional Republicans needed something to run on. Boehner and his allies assumed that nothing would get the Republican base riled up more than dangling a whiff of Obama impeachment in front of them.

What Speaker Boehner didn’t count on was that his antics would also fire up Democratic voters. Yesterday’s record DCCC fundraising was $100,000 more than the previous record that was set in February after Paul Ryan revealed his budget. The majority of the 27,000 online donations came from people who donated less than $200. A sign of just how badly Republicans misjudged the lawsuit’s impact of Democrats was that 7,885 of the DCCC’s received donations came from first time donors.

The lawsuit was already looking like it would politically backfire on Republicans, and now it is financially backfiring on them too. Democrats who may have been planning on sitting 2014 out are getting engaged. Potential Democratic voters need to understand that 2014 isn’t going to be a typical midterm election. Republicans are eyeing up the Senate, and potentially removing President Obama from office.

If Speaker Boehner thought that he was going to be able to threaten President Obama with legal action with no consequences from Democrats, he was mistaken. Democrats aren’t about to sit back and let Republicans steal the presidency. Instead of motivating Republican voters, John Boehner may have awoken the same Democratic sleeping giant that crushed the GOP in 2006, 2008, and 2012.

keymanjim
06-30-2014, 10:19 AM
Are the dems still accepting EBT cards for donations?

Cigar
06-30-2014, 10:38 AM
Are the dems still accepting EBT cards for donations?

Yep ... All from West Virginia :smiley_ROFLMAO:

’60 Minutes’ looks at disability claims
http://wvmetronews.com/2013/10/07/60-minutes-looks-at-disability-claims-in-parts-of-west-virginia/

spunkloaf
06-30-2014, 12:16 PM
It's time that republicans start developing a more concrete mission statement for their cause. They think they can win voters by making the world seem miserable. Obama didn't scare and enrage voters into winning him his elections, so maybe the republicans should take a hint and focus more on what they want to DO rather than who they want to fight. Simply relying on the plan of creating a boogeyman and being the more pleasant alternative is not, and SHOULD not be appealing to any sensible American. Sometimes I wonder if they really intend to fail.

Alyosha
06-30-2014, 12:20 PM
It's time that republicans start developing a more concrete mission statement for their cause. They think they can win voters by making the world seem miserable. Obama didn't scare and enrage voters into winning him his elections, so maybe the republicans should take a hint and focus more on what they want to DO rather than who they want to fight. Simply relying on the plan of creating a boogeyman and being the more pleasant alternative is not, and SHOULD not be appealing to any sensible American. Sometimes I wonder if they really intend to fail.

The Democrats totally scare people. They'll take a Todd Akin and turn him into "Everyman Republican" where the Republicans don't take Maxine Waters and turn her into all Democrats.

Obama won because the two Republicans he was up against sucked. McCain is batshit crazy and Mitt Romney was Malibu Ken.

I didn't vote for Obama but I certainly didn't want either of those other "choices".

Having a huge fundraising day doesn't mean diddly. Any huge campaign day where you press the issue will have a huge turnout, that's more mechanical than anything else. I would bet many of those donors are also cronies, like people at Monsanto, IRS contractors, and others.

Our entire government is a sham. This means nothing.

PolWatch
06-30-2014, 12:30 PM
2016 should be the year of the republican...but they seem to be determined to toss it away. I can't recall any recent speech by a major republican that was anything but 'anti' something...mainly obamacare. They look like a one-trick pony.

spunkloaf
06-30-2014, 12:38 PM
The Democrats totally scare people. They'll take a Todd Akin and turn him into "Everyman Republican" where the Republicans don't take Maxine Waters and turn her into all Democrats.

Obama won because the two Republicans he was up against sucked. McCain is batshit crazy and Mitt Romney was Malibu Ken.

I didn't vote for Obama but I certainly didn't want either of those other "choices".

Having a huge fundraising day doesn't mean diddly. Any huge campaign day where you press the issue will have a huge turnout, that's more mechanical than anything else. I would bet many of those donors are also cronies, like people at Monsanto, IRS contractors, and others.

Our entire government is a sham. This means nothing.

Democrats scare people like a weed trimmer trying to chop down a tree compared to the workload republicans take on. Republicans will boast on their own accord that Fox News is the "highest rated cable news channel." That certainly speaks for their mild success at it. I also don't see a primary objective with democrats to attack republicans. Obama rarely hints of any ill will at all unless he gets sued for making executive decisions while republicans deliberately stall. That's all the right wing seems to bank on, attacking Obama quite in particular. Heck, the democrats have been challenging republicans for years now to come up with a sound alternative to the evil democratic way, but the one selling point republicans have is still "attack." I guess people are attracted more to the drama they can create than their ideas to make things better?

GrassrootsConservative
06-30-2014, 12:45 PM
I also don't see a primary objective with democrats to attack republicans.

Rofl. So for the last half decade + that Obama has been in office he and his mob haven't been calling Republicans racist, misogynist, out-dated, white, and Christian?

Get a clue, dude. All Democrats have is attacks, because the facts of their political, economic, and foreign policy failures are not something most Americans who are educated on such things can support if they have an ounce of love for their country.

PolWatch
06-30-2014, 12:46 PM
links?

Gerrard Winstanley
06-30-2014, 12:47 PM
Rofl. So for the last half decade + that Obama has been in office he and his mob haven't been calling Republicans racist, misogynist, out-dated, white, and Christian?

Get a clue, dude. All Democrats have is attacks, because the facts of their political, economic, and foreign policy failures are not something most Americans who are educated on such things can support if they have an ounce of love for their country.
Most Republicans are equally clueless in that regard, sadly.

Blackrook
06-30-2014, 06:49 PM
If people want to give money to the Democrats to support Obama's tyrannical abuse of power, what can Republicans do about it?

We have to fight Obama's tyranny because that's the only way we're going to save this nation from losing our Constitutional form of government.

The Democrats used to believe in the Constitution too, but those days are over.