PDA

View Full Version : Want a real solution to employment? No you don't.

donttread
07-01-2014, 08:41 AM
Scale back on large corporations and technology. Put the local back in farm and the work back in work. Problem solved. Next?

Mainecoons
07-01-2014, 08:49 AM
Sounds Luddite to me.

:grin:

Captain Obvious
07-01-2014, 08:51 AM
Scale back on large corporations and technology. Put the local back in farm and the work back in work. Problem solved. Next?

Solved?

:biglaugh:

Go make it happen then.

donttread
07-01-2014, 08:59 AM
Solved?

:biglaugh:

Go make it happen then.

Americans agree to work harder rather than just bitch? LMFAO

Captain Obvious
07-01-2014, 09:00 AM
Americans agree to work harder rather than just bitch? LMFAO

So just snap your fingers and make that all happen then.

Alyosha
07-01-2014, 09:02 AM
Guys, quit it. All of us are howling in the wind here, let's not pretend otherwise. The government doesn't care about MC or Captain Obvious or me. Nothing we say matters so all of us can get as radical as we want with suggestions.

It's all just venting even as we think our approach is more practical. In the end, none of us matter.

donttread
07-01-2014, 09:09 AM
Guys, quit it. All of us are howling in the wind here, let's not pretend otherwise. The government doesn't care about MC or Captain Obvious or me. Nothing we say matters so all of us can get as radical as we want with suggestions.

It's all just venting even as we think our approach is more practical. In the end, none of us matter.

Yes, but on the other hand ideas have to start somewhere. I'm 54 with bad knees and dig my own garden, and shovel my own driveway without power tools . How many men half my age can say that today? However, they can bitch about the environment after just having used a snow blower to move a mere 6 inches of light snow.
My real point is that simple, straight forward solutions exist . But real change cannot be made magically or voted in , it needs to be participated in. "Good jobs" are decreased my technology not increased , otherwise what's the corporate value of said technology?

Mr. Mensch
07-01-2014, 09:13 AM
Sounds Luddite to me.

:grin:

Or the former Soviet Union. Fuck that shit.

We already have a "King" Now we just need some peasants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxGqcCeV3qk

Mainecoons
07-01-2014, 09:26 AM
Yes, but on the other hand ideas have to start somewhere. I'm 54 with bad knees and dig my own garden, and shovel my own driveway without power tools . How many men half my age can say that today? However, they can bitch about the environment after just having used a snow blower to move a mere 6 inches of light snow.
My real point is that simple, straight forward solutions exist . But real change cannot be made magically or voted in , it needs to be participated in. "Good jobs" are decreased my technology not increased , otherwise what's the corporate value of said technology?

Will you be able to do all that when you're 70? I wouldn't bet on it.

The world has an artificially huge population made possible by technology in general and agricultural technology in particular. As an engineer, I have real doubts as to the sustainability of it given that it is largely based on consuming non renewable resources.

There's no doubt that some of us could exist without consuming such massive resources but you sure as hell aren't going to support 7 billion, and growing, people this way.

donttread
07-01-2014, 10:35 AM
Will you be able to do all that when you're 70? I wouldn't bet on it.

The world has an artificially huge population made possible by technology in general and agricultural technology in particular. As an engineer, I have real doubts as to the sustainability of it given that it is largely based on consuming non renewable resources.

There's no doubt that some of us could exist without consuming such massive resources but you sure as hell aren't going to support 7 billion, and growing, people this way.

You and your giant house cat have a point. But waiting until we hit 8 billion is just making the problem worse. Besides use your training to consider for just a moment the pure futility of a global economy that preaches environmentalism while seemingly going out of their own way to misuse fossil fuel. Transporting wheat thousands of miles instead of growing native grains in each area for example. Now multiply times your billions and see how we created unnecessary dependence to feed the Corporatist

The Sage of Main Street
07-01-2014, 12:49 PM
Americans agree to work harder rather than just bitch? LMFAO Make the investor-class parasites our bitch instead. Crush them like grapes and turn them into wine instead of whining.