PDA

View Full Version : To all Rand Paul lovers

Bob
07-03-2014, 10:52 AM
To be president, one needs remarkable skills. Some say good talk is all you need. The power of bull shit is supposed to do it.

I have heard Rand Paul. I like the man. I believe he came from honest stock. I believe he has our best intentions at heart. I say again ... I think highly of the man.

Now we get to president.

Other than his talk, what makes him a possible president?

I don't listen to talk. I mean the words are words.

I want a track record. I prefer Governors for that reason. If they hold our principles highly and the record supports that, that is my man.

So tell me why Rand Paul's bullshit qualifies him to be president?

I am all eyes and ears.

I am reasonable. I hate the idea Democrats picked a lightweight and turned him into president. What keeps Obama floating is his daily forays to the public to bullshit the gullible.

I am sick of bullshit. To me Rand is not proven as a manager.

Some of you owe it to yourselves to review on youtube what Ross Perot told the public.

Do you recall President Perot?

Paperback Writer
07-03-2014, 10:54 AM
Oi Old Bob

this is what they said of the UK, a far more progressive Commonwealth than the US but now Ukip is becoming quite popular. Another Old Bob once said, "The times they are a'changin'."

Captain Obvious
07-03-2014, 10:56 AM
Why all the drama?

I've been saying this for months, he's a schlep.

He says what he thinks people want to hear, then he says it again.

He strikes me as very disingenuous and phony.

And now you'll hear all about his voting record.

The Xl
07-03-2014, 11:04 AM
Truthfully, I'm not totally convinced that he's not establishment, but what he's at least preaching on many issues is spot on.

Peter1469
07-03-2014, 11:12 AM
If you go to congress and don't make a pretense of playing along, you are one term. Like LTC West.

That doesn't mean once you have real power, you won't be anti-establishment.

Paperback Writer
07-03-2014, 11:27 AM
Why all the drama?

I've been saying this for months, he's a schlep.

LOL, I love the self-importance of your posting. Cos you've been saying it for months, it is therefore true. Honestly, you need an English accent for that level of hubris. :laugh:

All politicians are liars, mate, all are "schleps". You're voting for the schlep that might do just one thing you like.

Paperback Writer
07-03-2014, 11:28 AM
Truthfully, I'm not totally convinced that he's not establishment, but what he's at least preaching on many issues is spot on.

He prolly is. You're ruled by few no matter the choice put in front of you. The best you can do is weed out those who are violent drunks or have a gambling addiction.

Captain Obvious
07-03-2014, 11:31 AM
LOL, I love the self-importance of your posting. Cos you've been saying it for months, it is therefore true. Honestly, you need an English accent for that level of hubris. :laugh:

All politicians are liars, mate, all are "schleps". You're voting for the schlep that might do just one thing you like.

Exactly.

And that's the key to being an internet superhero. Be critical of everyone, they're bound to fuck up and there are plenty of people heavily invested in a few people or a specific party, they're over-leveraged and easy targets.

Paperback Writer
07-03-2014, 11:37 AM
Exactly.

And that's the key to being an internet superhero. Be critical of everyone, they're bound to fuck up and there are plenty of people heavily invested in a few people or a specific party, they're over-leveraged and easy targets.

I'd vote for Rand Paul if I lived in the States because he's not a violent drunk, has no gambling addiction, and would do one thing I like. At this point, I'm fairly low maintenance.

I honestly just want to go to work, have enough quid for a decent flat and pints on weekends. I'd prefer a full on monarchy then I don't have to worry about the sham of voting or listening to their rubbish on the telly. She'd make decisions based on what she wants to leave her children and that can only be good for me.

Matty
07-03-2014, 11:43 AM
Hell, I'd vote for Hillary first.

Paperback Writer
07-03-2014, 11:44 AM
She'll appreciate it and never lie to you.

Chris
07-03-2014, 11:48 AM
Bob, to me it depends on whether you want a manager or a leader as president. I'd prefer the latter.

As for Rand, I like most of what he says, but it's early and I'll wait to decide.

Bob
07-03-2014, 11:48 AM
Oi Old Bob

this is what they said of the UK, a far more progressive Commonwealth than the US but now Ukip is becoming quite popular. Another Old Bob once said, "The times they are a'changin'."

I don't plan to move to your country.

Bob
07-03-2014, 11:50 AM
@Bob (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1013), to me it depends on whether you want a manager or a leader as president. I'd prefer the latter.

As for Rand, I like most of what he says, but it's early and I'll wait to decide.

I am a pilot. I don't recall you saying you are a pilot.

Who best to fly you from A to B. A pilot or a leader?

I have yet to read each reply but thus far, nobody told me in what way Paul is a leader.

Showing is good. Give it a shot. I am all eyes and ears.

Bob
07-03-2014, 11:52 AM
Hell, I'd vote for Hillary first.

I sure would not.

If Paul manages to be elected to run vs a D, he will get my vote. That is compromise.

texan
07-03-2014, 12:02 PM
Well one type the country is beginning to understand won;t work are community organizers that never really had a real job.

Chris
07-03-2014, 12:03 PM
I am a pilot. I don't recall you saying you are a pilot.

Who best to fly you from A to B. A pilot or a leader?

I have yet to read each reply but thus far, nobody told me in what way Paul is a leader.

Showing is good. Give it a shot. I am all eyes and ears.

I don't want someone to pilot the nation. I want a leader who will get government out of our lives. Good leaders follow.

Again, I'm not sure he's the man for this, but I'm listening.

Bob
07-03-2014, 12:03 PM
While I appreciate what PW says, he does not have a goat in this sacrifice.

I do not agree that Rand Paul is a schlep.

He is not god nor does he walk on water.

But he is sharp of mind and informed about DC.

That however is not good enough.

Show me a governor with a track record so I can study his resume.

Paul has no resume.

Can we actually afford another president hoping and praying he can learn that job on the fly?

I don't understand picking presidents who have no management experience. We would not want a non manager to run the dog pound but we would accept this of presidents?

Democrats did and look what they got.

I want to use as an example Peter1469 and me.

We both have Army time.

Maybe I am able to tell you something that you accept and you pick me to lead you into combat.

Because I am a gifted bullshitter I ought to get that job?

Peter is an officer. Peter has a lot of training. Peter has experience.

That is why Paul is not our man. He talks a good talk. I grant him that.

But we need a man to lead who has that experience.

I in no way could come close, hell I admit I would suck as an infantry officer to replace Peter. He has done it.

I admit that top training counts. I admit that a track record can be looked over.

Were I to have 2 Lt. Col to select from, who both are exact equals, then we can discuss bullshit.

Bob
07-03-2014, 12:05 PM
I don't want someone to pilot the nation. I want a leader who will get government out of our lives. Good leaders follow.

You can't figure out a good leader when all you have to go on is his talking.

That is my point.

Give me a Governor.

Paperback Writer
07-03-2014, 12:08 PM
While I appreciate what PW says, he does not have a goat in this sacrifice.

Gads, you blokes have become positively mad! No goat in the sacrifice certainly says a lot about how Yanks view politics these days.

Libhater
07-03-2014, 12:12 PM
I'm with you Bob about believing in governors who have a track record for governing. My suggestion would be to look at Scott Walker for the 2016 contest. This guy stuffed all of the liberal nitwits and unions across the nation who had tried their best to oust him from his governor position. But if you listen to him and realize that he holds most of the solid Conservative policies and values that would make him my clear choice going forward. I also heard that another governor Mitt Romney may throw his hat in the ring as well. I like the Mittster and had he been elected we would have had a resounding economy and a strong pro business/pro capitalist in the office. Nothing in his resume would have suggest he would of been anything less of a great president then was the great Ronald Reagan. But like you said, Mitt isn't the smoothest talker, nor is he a bullshitter and a liar like an Obama, so with those negatives it would be highly unlikely he would win in the general election.

midcan5
07-03-2014, 12:15 PM
The first OP below covers Rand Paul comprehensively, the others comment on he and the tea party. Personally I find the republican party and the libertarian blend useless and un-American. There are times Paul says sensible things but his ideology is too off the wall for my taste. When you talk personal freedom and then want to ban a woman's right to choose and live her own life, something doesn't fit. The idea that the unborn deserve support but the born are pretty much on their own again contradicts America's dream.

"The libertarian faithful — antitax activists and war protesters, John Birch Society members and a smattering of “truthers” who suspect the government’s hand in the 2001 terrorist attacks — gathered last September, eager to see the rising star of their movement.

With top billing on the opening night of the Liberty Political Action Conference, Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky told the audience at a Marriott in Virginia that a viable Republican Party must reach out to young people and minorities."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/26/us/politics/rand-pauls-mixed-inheritance.html

'Teatopia' "What would actually happen if Tea Partiers controlled Congress and Rand Paul was president?"

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2014/06/president_rand_paul_what_would_happen_if_the_tea_p arty_controlled_american.single.html

http://www.salon.com/2014/06/21/tea_partys_embarrassing_irony_how_its_ideal_nation _rejects_basic_american_beliefs/

PS we have a 'resounding economy,' so time to give Obama some credit?

Bob
07-03-2014, 12:18 PM
If you go to congress and don't make a pretense of playing along, you are one term. Like LTC West.

That doesn't mean once you have real power, you won't be anti-establishment.

I would like to see LTC West return to congress.

Chris
07-03-2014, 12:25 PM

That is my point.

Give me a Governor.

I think our ideas of what a good leader differ. I'd prefer a boring president like Coolidge was.

Bob
The first OP below covers Rand Paul comprehensively, the others comment on he and the tea party. Personally I find the republican party and the libertarian blend useless and un-American. There are times Paul says sensible things but his ideology is too off the wall for my taste. When you talk personal freedom and then want to ban a woman's right to choose and live her own life, something doesn't fit. The idea that the unborn deserve support but the born are pretty much on their own again contradicts America's dream.

Well, if you suppose your comments gets my support, guess again.

This crap over the unborn puzzles me.

She has rights you say?

Why stop with her yet not born? She raises the child. Why not approve her killing it up to the point it is an adult?

You people can never explain how the baby is her property as if delivered for christmas and you never care for it even when born. I don't see Democrats rushing to pay women for their kids unless you mean by that you pick up the tab for them to stay home and not work and even at that, it is not your money, it belongs to others.

Who informed you that the duty of Americans is to provide comforts for women whose mission is to be taken care of by Government?

Why is she more worthy than a person who makes a lot of income?

Why don't you join the Communist party given you align with them?

Libhater
I would like to see LTC West return to congress.

Yeah, I voted for him last time around, but methinks LTC West will be a candidate for president the next time around. Great man!

Bob
07-03-2014, 12:27 PM
I think our ideas of what a good leader differ. I'd prefer a boring president like Coolidge was.

Yes, my idea is you observe. Are you admitting you fall for bullshit?

All of them can talk. Obama being a prime example.

Bob
07-03-2014, 12:28 PM
Yeah, I voted for him last time around, but methinks LTC West will be a candidate for president the next time around. Great man!

i hope not. I like him but he is not able to run government.

Libhater
07-03-2014, 12:31 PM
i hope not. I like him but he is not able to run government.

Granted, perhaps he isn't as qualified to run the government as would be a Scott Walker, but one cannot let his talent go unnoticed. Perhaps he would be a great substitute for that feckless John Kerry as our next secretary of state, or perhaps as Veep.

Bob
07-03-2014, 12:35 PM
I'm with you Bob about believing in governors who have a track record for governing. My suggestion would be to look at Scott Walker for the 2016 contest. This guy stuffed all of the liberal nitwits and unions across the nation who had tried their best to oust him from his governor position. But if you listen to him and realize that he holds most of the solid Conservative policies and values that would make him my clear choice going forward. I also heard that another governor Mitt Romney may throw his hat in the ring as well. I like the Mittster and had he been elected we would have had a resounding economy and a strong pro business/pro capitalist in the office. Nothing in his resume would have suggest he would of been anything less of a great president then was the great Ronald Reagan. But like you said, Mitt isn't the smoothest talker, nor is he a bullshitter and a liar like an Obama, so with those negatives it would be highly unlikely he would win in the general election.

I voted for Romney and am still pleased I did. It is too soon for me to sell him again but I agree he would be awesome.

I like Walker too. We can evaluate his track record vs any R that is or was a Governor. We owe it ourselves this time to not pick a person that needs training.

Some say you can't train to be president. This to me is rubbish. The Governors make executive decisions and we can verify what happened with them. I believe one purpose of states was to be a breeding ground where governors could take that last step to run not a state, but the country.

I wonder how many only think they know what presidents do versus what they really do?

Think Obama was not shocked? Democrats seem ignorant how much time he is out of his office. HE loves to hear himself talk so flies all over talking and talking. It is daily he shows up on my TV news. Never have I seen a president camp out on TV as he does. Today the news even showed him on the phone to the soccer team guys. Is he taking credit for what they did?

He does that stuff to stay on the TV daily.

Bob
07-03-2014, 12:38 PM
Granted, perhaps he isn't as qualified to run the government as would be a Scott Walker, but one cannot let his talent go unnoticed. Perhaps he would be a great substitute for that feckless John Kerry as our next secretary of state, or perhaps as Veep.

I wish he had a track record as governor. I trust West and understand that in the Army he had valuable training.

I like Rand Paul too as I said. I have no complaints against him. But he needs training. Even the best leader needs training.

Bob
07-03-2014, 12:42 PM
Gads, you blokes have become positively mad! No goat in the sacrifice certainly says a lot about how Yanks view politics these days.

Err no, it shows how I view politics. I am not speaking for Yanks. I speak for my view of things. I honed this view over many decades of practical experience with many presidents. Some here voted for 1. Some several. I have voted for many.

I admit that once I too was like most posters. I voted for them on hope. Well, that is over. We need proof.

Chris
07-03-2014, 12:44 PM

That is my point.

Give me a Governor.

What about Jindal? Only gov I can think of I at all like.

Bob
07-03-2014, 01:05 PM

Sell me on him. I am interested since what little I know of him is from the local Democrat run media.

texan
07-03-2014, 01:13 PM
First of all effective leaders come in all shapes and sizes..........Quiet, loud, funny, intense.............many people think a leader is someone screaming at their team and that is often not the case. So Obama can have any personality he wants, but his procrastination and making the usa citizen of the world instead of a world leader is the issue. The world complains when America is leading, but when we are not the world suffers. Right now we are no tand the world is suffering. It is by our Presidents design.

We are the leader that stands up to bullies and pushes back, its hard work and sometimes not popular. But it is necessary.

Alyosha
07-03-2014, 01:28 PM
What's the point in explaining why I like him when no one wants to really listen anyway? I get bored with these set up posts/questions. I have multiple times provided links, explanations, and I might as well have not bothered.

You don't want to vote for Rand. Cool. Don't. I won't be voting for Jeb Bush or Hillary. I know independents won't vote for Jeb Bush, either. You can learn to compromise with libertarians by picking a libertarian leaning Republican or you can pick the standard neocon and we'll stick with voting for our party's candidate.

I like Gary Johnson so it's not that difficult to vote for him.

Mini Me
07-03-2014, 01:32 PM
Well one type the country is beginning to understand won;t work are community organizers that never really had a real job.

And neither are nepotistic flyers who go AWOL, and pretend to be self made oil tycoons, living off of daddy's fortune.

Mini Me
07-03-2014, 01:36 PM

That's not possible to elect a POTUS, who's job is to run the US government!

Maybe you would be happier with an anarchist, or a Pee Party type who will drown government in a bathtub, and let the corporate elite and Wall street crooks rape and plunder us with impunity!

Alyosha
07-03-2014, 01:37 PM
That's not possible to elect a POTUS, who's job is to run the US government!

Maybe you would be happier with an anarchist, or a Pee Party type who will drown government in a bathtub, and let the corporate elite and Wall street crooks rape and plunder us with impunity!

I'd be happier if you wouldn't use bold font.

Green Arrow
07-03-2014, 01:51 PM
I'll vote for Rand Paul, or I'll vote for someone that isn't a Republican. I don't particularly care which at this point, you guys do what you gotta do and I'll do what I gotta do.

Mini Me
07-03-2014, 01:58 PM
I'd be happier if you wouldn't use bold font.

Sorry, but I use bold font, because I major vision problems; glaucoma, macular degeneration, torn lens in one eye,

I just can't see how fonts should be any kind of issue.

The message is the medium!

Matty
07-03-2014, 02:01 PM
The democrats were particularly nasty about Gov. Jindal

Matty
07-03-2014, 02:02 PM
Sorry, but I use bold font, because I major vision problems; glaucoma, macular degeneration, torn lens in one eye,

​it would probably help you then if we used the bold huh?

Mini Me
07-03-2014, 02:35 PM
​it would probably help you then if we used the bold huh?

Yes, it would! But I would never ask anyone to change what they write. So just keep on doing what you are doing.

There are millions of us who have poor vision problems that corrective lenses won't correct!

Alyosha
07-03-2014, 02:44 PM

Dr. Strangelove

you poor dear! I apologize then. Feel free to use the bold and I will too just for you.

Green Arrow
07-03-2014, 02:49 PM
@Dr. Strangelove (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=907)

you poor dear! I apologize then. Feel free to use the bold and I will too just for you.

Bold revolution!

Matty
Yes, it would! But I would never ask anyone to change what they write. So just keep on doing what you are doing.

There are millions of us who have poor vision problems that corrective lenses won't correct!

​I know. I was two when I had a very bad case of chicken pox that ruined my eyesight. I wore coke bottle glasses my whole life. I thankfully was relieved by LASIK surgery. I hope some day they find answers for you.

KC

You mean the medium is the massage!

Libhater
07-03-2014, 02:53 PM
I wish he had a track record as governor. I trust West and understand that in the Army he had valuable training.

I like Rand Paul too as I said. I have no complaints against him. But he needs training. Even the best leader needs training.

I like Rand as well, but I am a little leery of his being a libertarian and thus his having a shaky if not inept foreign policy agenda. Everything else about the guy I like.

Alyosha
07-03-2014, 02:54 PM
​I know. I was two when I had a very bad case of chicken pox that ruined my eyesight. I wore coke bottle glasses my whole life. I thankfully was relieved by LASIK surgery. I hope some day they find answers for you.

My dad just got LASIK he's pretty happy with it. Dr. Strangelove you should try it.

Peter1469
07-03-2014, 02:59 PM
What's the point in explaining why I like him when no one wants to really listen anyway? I get bored with these set up posts/questions. I have multiple times provided links, explanations, and I might as well have not bothered.

You don't want to vote for Rand. Cool. Don't. I won't be voting for Jeb Bush or Hillary. I know independents won't vote for Jeb Bush, either. You can learn to compromise with libertarians by picking a libertarian leaning Republican or you can pick the standard neocon and we'll stick with voting for our party's candidate.

Ditto. To hell with the establishment.

Mini Me
07-03-2014, 03:00 PM

No! Don't change. I can read regular fonts ok.

I didn't mean to sound like I'm begging for sympathy. I like being abused daily on this forum!:yesmaster:

Peter1469
07-03-2014, 03:00 PM
My dad just got LASIK he's pretty happy with it. @Dr. Strangelove (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=907) you should try it.

I did in 2002, now I need to wear reading glasses. But the doc told me that before hand.

The Sage of Main Street
07-03-2014, 03:08 PM

There are millions of us who have poor vision problems that corrective lenses won't correct! The Czarina, Empress of all the Russias, wants you for her new Rasputin. Hope you don't wind up like the last guy did.

Alyosha
07-03-2014, 03:13 PM
The Czarina, Empress of all the Russias, wants you for her new Rasputin. Hope you don't wind up like the last guy did.
The Sage of Main Street

there's still room in the gulag for you, Tovarish. Tighten up.

Alyosha
07-03-2014, 03:14 PM
No! Don't change. I can read regular fonts ok.

I didn't mean to sound like I'm begging for sympathy. I like being abused daily on this forum!:yesmaster:
Dr. Strangelove

when I'm feeling better send me a PM and I'll start a "cool" thread of the type you said you like, Terrence McKenna and such.

donttread
07-03-2014, 03:20 PM
To be president, one needs remarkable skills. Some say good talk is all you need. The power of bull shit is supposed to do it.

I have heard Rand Paul. I like the man. I believe he came from honest stock. I believe he has our best intentions at heart. I say again ... I think highly of the man.

Now we get to president.

Other than his talk, what makes him a possible president?

I don't listen to talk. I mean the words are words.

I want a track record. I prefer Governors for that reason. If they hold our principles highly and the record supports that, that is my man.

So tell me why Rand Paul's bullshit qualifies him to be president?

I am all eyes and ears.

I am reasonable. I hate the idea Democrats picked a lightweight and turned him into president. What keeps Obama floating is his daily forays to the public to bullshit the gullible.

I am sick of bullshit. To me Rand is not proven as a manager.

Some of you owe it to yourselves to review on youtube what Ross Perot told the public.

Do you recall President Perot?

Well then just keep voting "A" or "B" because those guys are proven managers. Proven HORRIBLE managers but proven nonetheless. How's spending a lot more than they took in for 15 years running for " proof of management abilities"
You are simply justifying your statism and I think you know that.
Proven managers? Hell a 20 year old MCDonald's Manager Trainee could probably at least balance a budget

Matty
07-03-2014, 05:25 PM

It's the same way I am treated when I try to talk about Jeb Bush! Shrug! I in response will make damn sure I never vote libertarian. I don't see any compromise. You're pretty much telling us it's your way or the highway aren't you?

Alyosha
07-03-2014, 05:29 PM
It's the same way I am treated when I try to talk about Jeb Bush! Shrug! I in response will make damn sure I never vote libertarian. I don't see any compromise. You're pretty much telling us it's your way or the highway aren't you?

I am telling you that I'm not a Republican. Republicans vote for Republicans. You telling me to vote for Jeb would be like me telling you to vote for Gary Johnson the libertarian candidate. You just wouldn't because you're not a Libertarian, right?

Stay with me...if Republicans want non-Republicans to vote for their candidates (Dems, too) they should find candidates that appeal to both or they just won't receive the vote. That's just life.

So I'm not telling you my way or the highway, I'm telling you as a Libertarian I'll vote for the Libertarian candidate unless the Dems and Reps put up a candidate that I could back.

Matty
07-03-2014, 05:38 PM
I am telling you that I'm not a Republican. Republicans vote for Republicans. You telling me to vote for Jeb would be like me telling you to vote for Gary Johnson the libertarian candidate. You just wouldn't because you're not a Libertarian, right?

Stay with me...if Republicans want non-Republicans to vote for their candidates (Dems, too) they should find candidates that appeal to both or they just won't receive the vote. That's just life.

So I'm not telling you my way or the highway, I'm telling you as a Libertarian I'll vote for the Libertarian candidate unless the Dems and Reps put up a candidate that I could back.
Wrong again. I'm a Republican and I voted for Gore against Bush. So you really have some false preconceived notions about Republicans. Btw. Now that's it's over and I observe how batshit crazy Gore is I kick my ass for being so wrong. Obama voters are too stupid to do that. They'll vote for somebody just to piss off the Republicans. I heard it here today for the first time. Roflmao.

Alyosha
07-03-2014, 05:40 PM
Wrong again. I'm a Republican and I voted for Gore against Bush. So you really have some false preconceived notions about Republicans. Btw. Now that's it's over and I observe how batshit crazy Gore is I kick my ass for being so wrong. Obama voters are too stupid to do that. They'll vote for somebody just to piss off the Republicans. I heard it here today for the first time. Roflmao.

The notion would be that if you support something you support it. I wouldn't be a libertarian and then vote for the communist party guy. Just doesn't work that way for me.

Matty
07-03-2014, 05:41 PM

Oh, and btw. I did not tell you to vote for Jeb Bush. I told you of my experience of him as Gov. Of the state of Florida and you and your little pal Green Arrow went off half cocked and accused Bob and I of telling you who to vote for. I'm still waiting for a link to back that lie up.

Mini Me
07-03-2014, 06:35 PM
The Czarina, Empress of all the Russias, wants you for her new Rasputin. Hope you don't wind up like the last guy did.

Its just a rumor that Rasputin is dead!

He may have been reincarnated as Putin!

Mainecoons
07-03-2014, 06:38 PM

I should have voted for Gore.

Divided government works.

Mini Me
07-03-2014, 06:40 PM
I did in 2002, now I need to wear reading glasses. But the doc told me that before hand.

Lazik can't help me. I detached the artificial lens in my left eye, and surgery is too risky. I had lenses put in because of cataracts long ago. But thanks for the thought!

When I was twelve, my mom told me I would go blind if I kept on masturbating! I said: "But mom, can I keep on doing it until I have to wear glasses?"

Sure enough, I had to start wearing glasses at age fourteen! LOL!

Mini Me
07-03-2014, 06:47 PM

when I'm feeling better send me a PM and I'll start a "cool" thread of the type you said you like, Terrence McKenna and such.

Kewl!

What kind of lawyer are you?

I'm a member of the Sue Indians. We sue everybody!

Chief Sitting Bull had a vision that came true.

When the white eyes took over the Black Hills, to look for gold and kicked the tribes out, he prophesized that there would be a great meeting of many tribes, and that they would get retribution.

Hence: General Custer and the battle of Little Big Horn

Spectre
07-03-2014, 06:49 PM
I should have voted for Gore.

Divided government works.

I cringe whenever I hear that! And--of course!--one inevitably hears it from 'libertarians'.

Divided government does NOT work!!!

Keep this in mind, because it's an AXIOM of politics and should never be forgotten:

Even if you want to radically SHRINK government, you need as close to absolute power as you can get in a democracy, because the forces fighting against that will be ferocious and relentless, and any kind of divided government will DOOM your efforts.

Governance is about POWER, and you need power to reduce it, a LOT of it. Paradoxical, I know, but there you are.

[I genuinely believe that libertarians will be the death of us all, they have NO common sense!]

donttread
07-03-2014, 06:52 PM
I cringe whenever I hear that! And--of course!--one inevitably hears it from 'libertarians'.

Keep this in mind, because it's an AXIOM of politics and should never be forgotten:

Even if you want to radically SHRINK government, you need as close to absolute power as you can get in a democracy, because the forces fighting against that will be ferocious and relentless, and any kind of divided government will DOOM your efforts.

Governance is about POWER, and you need power to reduce it, a LOT of it. Paradoxical, I know, but there you are.

[I genuinely believe that libertarians will be the death of us all, they have NO common sense!]

Are you serious? Look at the abject failure of your way over the past 15 years?

Mainecoons
07-03-2014, 06:53 PM
Well, lets see. Republicans get control of Congress and White House in 2000. The red ink starts to flow. First we get a stupid war then we get Homeland "Security." We get prescription drug, we get "no child." We get TSA.

Democrats get control of Congress and White House in 2008. We get ObombedItCare, we get a ton of new taxes, we get a jobless recovery (OK we did get a lot of college educated part time hamburger flippers).

Divided government: Republican Congress acting like Republicans, Clinton in the White House.

Near balanced budgets. Economic boom.

I rest my case.

Spectre
07-03-2014, 07:04 PM
Well, lets see. Republicans get control of Congress and White House in 2000. The red ink starts to flow. First we get a stupid war then we get Homeland "Security." We get prescription drug, we get "no child." We get TSA.

Democrats get control of Congress and White House in 2008. We get ObombedItCare, we get a ton of new taxes, we get a jobless recovery (OK we did get a lot of college educated part time hamburger flippers).

Divided government: Republican Congress acting like Republicans, Clinton in the White House.

Near balanced budgets. Economic boom.

I rest my case.

That was the result of a specific historical situation, unlikely to be repeated: the so-called 'peace dividend' at the end of the Cold War, when there was a huge draw-down of military spending, prior to the War on Islamofascism [what I more accurately call 'The War on Terror'].

Green Arrow
07-03-2014, 09:18 PM

You are, as usual, wrong. I have frequently expressed my regret for voting the way I did in 2012, and have said I will never do so again. But thanks for calling me stupid.

Green Arrow
07-03-2014, 09:20 PM

You're cute when you're off your meds.

Matty
07-03-2014, 09:29 PM
You are, as usual, wrong. I have frequently expressed my regret for voting the way I did in 2012, and have said I will never do so again. But thanks for calling me stupid.
You are stupid because you said today you did it to piss off Republicans

Captain Obvious
07-03-2014, 09:30 PM

Looks like it worked.

Green Arrow
07-03-2014, 09:33 PM

Yep, and it worked. I still regret it, though. But you are quickly making me change that. You have been fun to toy with.

Peter1469
07-03-2014, 09:34 PM
Warning: stop with the childish name calling.

Matty
07-03-2014, 09:49 PM
Yep, and it worked. I still regret it, though. But you are quickly making me change that. You have been fun to toy with.
Yes it did work. It decimated the country and the healthcare of the country. So by poking the Republicans you did a terrible thing to the country. And, no, you are not sorry you did it. Rand Paul would be embarrassed by you and your ilk.

Perianne
07-03-2014, 09:57 PM
I'm a Republican and I voted for Gore against Bush.

I forgive you, my dear.

Matty
07-03-2014, 09:58 PM
I forgive you, my dear.
Roflmao. :)

Green Arrow
07-03-2014, 09:58 PM
Yes it did work. It decimated the country and the healthcare of the country. So by poking the Republicans you did a terrible thing to the country. And, no, you are not sorry you did it. Rand Paul would be embarrassed by you and your ilk.

Damn, I must be a god if one worthless vote did all of that!

1751_Texan
07-04-2014, 08:48 AM
A leader is someone that most Americans can get behind when he hits both sides. A man like Sen. Tom Coburn. Someone who sees bad policy and wants to end it no matter who initiated it or who supports it, or who it benefits.

A person like Sen. Coburn would not solve all our problems, but gives other politicians that pathway and exampe that is so sorely needed.

America needs to rally behind a leader to make things happen and to force politicians to get things done. We can not govern from the extreams.

Rand Paul is not that person yet. Mitt Roney will never be that person. Hillary Clinton is just capable enough in having consensus in her party. She would never be albe to rally America because she has already been labeled damaged goods.

Codename Section
07-04-2014, 08:52 AM
The only Dem I'd vote for is Jim Webb.

donttread
07-04-2014, 10:00 AM
Warning: stop with the childish name calling.

But, but Peter, if people have to base their politics on fact vs. emotion the whole house of cards would come down

The Wash
07-04-2014, 11:03 AM
I like Rand Paul. I'd probably vote for him but he won't be on the ballot.

Peter1469
07-04-2014, 11:28 AM

Probably not. The establishment part of the GOP would not allow it.

Green Arrow
07-04-2014, 12:03 PM

Nah, it'll be Jeb Bush.

donttread
07-04-2014, 02:30 PM

He will if enough of us get behind him

The Sage of Main Street
07-05-2014, 11:32 AM
You're pretty much telling us it's your way or the highway aren't you? Which means that her way is the low way.

KC
07-05-2014, 11:33 AM
Nah, it'll be Jeb Bush.

I'm hoping another candidate will emerge. We won't get Paul but hopefully not Bush either.

The Sage of Main Street
07-05-2014, 11:39 AM
Its just a rumor that Rasputin is dead!

He may have been reincarnated as Putin! A picture was posted of Putin as a young man. He looked just like the actor Steve Railsback (The Stunt Man) at that age. So the Hollywood Left has been planning this a long time! They've also infiltrated the Republicans with Kevin McCarthy from Invasion of the Body Snatchers!

The Sage of Main Street
07-05-2014, 11:45 AM
When I was twelve, my mom told me I would go blind if I kept on masturbating! I said: "But mom, can I keep on doing it until I have to wear glasses?"

Sure enough, I had to start wearing glasses at age fourteen! LOL! So you can't watch Foxie News out of fear of going blind? If you do watch that eye candy, remember that proper etiquette requires you to jerk off with your Right hand.

The Sage of Main Street
07-05-2014, 12:02 PM
A leader is someone that most Americans can get behind when he hits both sides. A man like Sen. Tom Coburn. Someone who sees bad policy and wants to end it no matter who initiated it or who supports it, or who it benefits.

A person like Sen. Coburn would not solve all our problems, but gives other politicians that pathway and example that is so sorely needed.

America needs to rally behind a leader to make things happen and to force politicians to get things done. We can not govern from the extremes.

Rand Paul is not that person yet. Mitt Romney will never be that person. Hillary Clinton is just capable enough in having consensus in her party. She would never be able to rally America because she has already been labeled damaged goods. Coburn is another Chickenhawk yellow Redneck. Most of the Vietnam Vet military officers were Republican, so why didn't the pro-military flagwaving party pick its candidates from them and exclude those who ran away from the fight against the Communists?

The Sage of Main Street
07-05-2014, 12:04 PM
Nah, it'll be Jeb Bush. Against Chelsea Clinton, since we've become a "Who's Your Daddy?" nation?

Bob
07-05-2014, 02:48 PM
First of all effective leaders come in all shapes and sizes..........Quiet, loud, funny, intense.............many people think a leader is someone screaming at their team and that is often not the case. So Obama can have any personality he wants, but his procrastination and making the usa citizen of the world instead of a world leader is the issue. The world complains when America is leading, but when we are not the world suffers. Right now we are no tand the world is suffering. It is by our Presidents design.

We are the leader that stands up to bullies and pushes back, its hard work and sometimes not popular. But it is necessary.

Friday eve, I watched a woman from Egypt on C-SPAN (I plan to create a thread for her) that ripped Obama and Democrats over the Muslim invasion of the rest of the world, including the USA. She is scared. We must not get a president that is pals with Muslims. Obama has one as a senior leader in Homeland Security she says. She named him. In the CSPAN video watch carefully so you get his name.

Anyway, a new president has to pay close attention to the Muslims. Without trying to type everything she said, let's sort of summarize.

She told the audience in Northern CA on June 3, 2014 how she was raised and how Muslim's religion vastly is different than Jews or Christians. She stated with no hesitation that she likes the people who are Muslims, but the ideology is flat out dangerous to the world. She says Muslims have a personal contract with the state. Once they arrive, their next move is to get into the state. Once there they have plans to assume control She predicted France is the Next Chechnya. We ignore her at our peril. Muslims do not understand freedom. She took a long time living in the USA before she got it. She can't go to the ME since they will kill her. Imagine if Obama went there and they killed him.

We need a brave president who proves his plan is to keep the USA Free and safe.

The title will say something like Woman of Egypt explains Islam's dangers.

Bob
07-05-2014, 02:53 PM
I'm hoping another candidate will emerge. We won't get Paul but hopefully not Bush either.

How about the list be made up of successful Republican Governors. Hell, the Libertarian Ron Johnson who governed NM belongs on the list. Paul is a no. Johnson has been vetted. But pick a Governor who is not a democrat and watch me support him.

del
07-05-2014, 02:54 PM
i'll alert the media

Bob
07-05-2014, 02:58 PM
The democrats were particularly nasty about Gov. Jindal

Let's make sure we don't run down Republicans when the time nears. We need a Governor. I believe the public can believe in a Governor.

sachem
07-05-2014, 03:22 PM
Against Chelsea Clinton, since we've become a "Who's Your Daddy?" nation?Gawd no!

Bob
07-05-2014, 03:29 PM
I like Rand as well, but I am a little leery of his being a libertarian and thus his having a shaky if not inept foreign policy agenda. Everything else about the guy I like.

I hope we can all use bold font. To help the vision impaired.

I have studied the plank of the Libertarians. I agree 100 percent with the plank. I have known my philosophy is Libertarian before Clinton took office. Be that as it may, look at the party affiliation of Rand Paul. He does not run as a Libertarian. I appreciate that the philosophy scares the public at large. They are wedded to the nanny state. The Libertarians as a group want tiny government. Even here, this frightens the public. We grew up in the Nanny state of FDR. We can cite Wilson as well, but FDR jammed it down our throats. We live with the Nanny state when we want to be paid SS and Medicare. That scares people if you remove that. That is 100 percent nanny state.

Rand is a good man. But as i say, we must get a higly successful governor that has proven he governs in a way that the public wins. We lost with Obama. We actually got nowhere with John Kennedy. I voted for him and for the life of me, I can't name a thing he did that when he lived, caused the public to go WOW, what a great president. We did not think of him as great until after his death. Death fixes many things done poorly by presidents.

Notice how FORD got much better once he died?

Mini Me
07-05-2014, 03:42 PM
A picture was posted of Putin as a young man. He looked just like the actor Steve Railsback (The Stunt Man) at that age. So the Hollywood Left has been planning this a long time! They've also infiltrated the Republicans with Kevin McCarthy from Invasion of the Body Snatchers!

Is that the same McCarthy as the actor?

Jeesus! I hope we don't end up with another Ronaldus Reaganus!!!

Bob
07-05-2014, 03:45 PM

Son, and I mean that fondly, I forgive you for voting for Obama.

I posted later on, close to the 100 post, why Libertarians will not prevail. And i approve the platform.

It is not me or you the problem, it is that the public lives inside the nanny state. Libertarians strike fear into the heart of the nanny state types. You need to get a well trained Governor. We can't pick from Democrats. They bring you more and more nanny state. Even the Bush admin fought it and also added to it at the same time. This drove Democrats nuts. They had to find fault with the drug program so they lied by saying it is not funded. Sure it is funded. No insurance company would do this for the elderly if it was not funded.

Now, as to drugs. While I use it monthly, had it never been available, I would have to figure out a different way to get drugs. YES, it would mean I have to work a lot rather than coast on my income. It fits my philosophy to not use tax dollars for that. But can this country afford it? A lot of the public has some serious disease to manage. Even though my surgeon fixed the heart, I still am forced to use drugs to prevent it from happening. Diabetes is a disease I use drugs for. Not insulin but Metformin and Glyburide. That costs money. I can add that this country sends a lot of cash to Africa. I suggest stopping that to pay for drugs.

In my case, I loaned my oldest daughter and her husband the cash I had set aside to support me. I was told it would be paid back fairly shortly. I refuse to hound them for the cash. I like the idea of helping my kids. A lot of parents would drag them to court. Not me.

I must post less and work hard again. At 75 it is not the same as at 25. Still i know the system to get rich. I hope my lessons stick with the folks able to understand.

But let's not mess up and pick some person who is a good talker. That sweet talk does not prove they can manage Government. We say we want leaders. Governors are leaders. Why not go with a person who proved his stuff?

Bob
07-05-2014, 03:47 PM

Jeesus! I hope we don't end up with another Ronaldus Reaganus!!!

We need another Ronald Reagan the magnificent. The best ever US president.

The Sage of Main Street
07-06-2014, 10:01 AM

Jeesus! I hope we don't end up with another Ronaldus Reaganus!!! Greed Is Suicide of the Soul